Death

What's on the other side Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

sleepfoundation.org/excessivesleepiness/content/why-do-we-need-sleep
healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/matters/benefits-of-sleep/why-do-we-sleep
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I believe in heaven, those who have accepted Jesus Christ will make it into it.
Though each person is free to decide for them selves. It's one of those, your going to get a million answers for one really tough question. To each his own I guess.

Who goes to hell

brb i'll let you know....

Everyone who doesn't believe upon Jesus Christ.

80 years is plenty of time to find the truth, if you really want to know it.

I've been shit scared of death ever since I got put under before surgery. Slipping away isn't so bad when you assume you're gonna wake up.

72 virgins
>too bad they're all cheetos stained, fedora tipping neckbeards

Various things that could go either way
Atheism belief
A definitive end a void
Buddhist and Hindi Belief
Reincarnation
Christianity
Heaven & Hell Purgatory
Islam
72 Virgins
Scientifically the void seems the most logical but their are some things science can't explain

Other side of what?

The same before you were born only forever. Nothing.

>somethings science can't explain

Like what?

It depends on what kind of person you are.
If you want an afterlife your brain releases DMT in big quantities just before you die and activates(or the remaining cache actives after you get shot in the head or crushed instantanously), giving you the infinite illusion that you are a "spirit" or a "soul" detached from a body.
If you're the realist type who has coped with death, you die without a DMT activation and you see only blackness/void.
I have no problems with either, I simply don't care because life is no different than death.

Like why do we sleep

Not for me to decide man.

>those who have accepted Jesus Christ will make it into it
Only those baptised by the church of St.Peter tho, no Luthercucks allowed in heaven.

Total sensory deprivation, resulting in your surviving neurons firing off random remixes of your memories until the last one dies.

>why do we sleep
because our psyche and body is tired.
It's been scientifically proven that diseases and injuries are healing much faster when we sleep/rest.

When you're dying your brain puts on a spectacular light show. This will also induce religious visions depending on how you have been conditioned in life. This is why Christians who have near death experiences are Jesus, while others see their own various deities.

Just as you're settling into the light show things slowly fade out. Your consciousness fades away and you become less aware until finally it all ends and you cease to exist.

Everything that you have ever been, all your memories, they disappear forever into nothingness

all the boi pucci you could ever eat

jk it is Jesus with a ban hammer for all but 144,000 repent now

your waifu

>Everything that you have ever been, all your memories, they disappear forever into nothingness
Not true unfortunately, if it was then Karma would not exist in the first place.

Karma does not exist.

This is why mass murders like Stalin and Mao live long and fruitful lives

Thanks here's mine

Nothing. You cease to exist and it's as if you never existed again.

Our quantum minds are the root of our consciousness. When they get shut down, we don't exist.

You haven't provided an answer. You foreign fuck.

>Karma does not exist.
Believe me, it does, the problem is that morality and other factors are hard to discern, such as what is truly good/light and what is truly evil/dark.
Think of it this way, if you are powerful now, you are missing out on the benefits of being a weakling, and vice versa.
A murderer now, a victim later.

Nonsense.

This world rewards acts of evil. Those who have no conscience quickly rise to the top.

What sort of answer do you want?
sleepfoundation.org/excessivesleepiness/content/why-do-we-need-sleep
healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/matters/benefits-of-sleep/why-do-we-sleep
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep

Isnt it obvious that after death we will " go back" to where we were before being born? That is with our atoms thrown around the place until the end of universe days? I mean, I just probably pissed an atom that was inside Julius Caesar brain before, I dont think he felt that

The thing Alex Jones was talking to Joe Rogan about some simulation of God or whatever

>Catholic
>Christian

O I'm laffin

Had a roommate in college who insisted he wasn't a Christian. He was "a strict Roman Catholic."

The same thing that was there before you were born.

And for just as long.

????????????????????????????

Only yanks have this confusion over whether the original Church is Christian or not.

>Christian
>not Catholic or Orthodox
BONFIRE

No, why do we grow tired? Our bodies don't slowly shut down to become tired, they only do that after lack of sleep.
Why do we need rest?

>Be you
>Die and ascend to heaven
>20 years later Mormons perform Baptism For The Dead on you
>Your soul is transported to Mormon heaven
>We're both there even though I was a hedonist and atheist in life
>All of the mormon angel sluts love my stories of debauchery
>You're boring as fuck
>Spend eternity getting cucked by me and the other deadchads

Sucks to be you, faggo

>This world rewards acts of evil
So does it reward acts of "good', not that it's possible to easily pinpoint what is truly good and not.
The difference between being "good" and "bad" is that usually "negativity" rewards you quicker but lasts a short while, while on the other hand, "good" rewards you late, but it lasts longer.

Long road vs Short road, still a road though
also consider this bible quote:
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it"

How Christ-like of you.

The Christian bible is very clear on what it considers good and evil.

It also plainly states that the vast majority of people do not go to heaven.

Ask a dead Person.
But in all seriousness I don't have a clue. Then theirs alleged ghosts and all that paranormal stuff. It's apart of life

You start experiencing some other life.

If I can go billions of years without existing before randomly experiencing this life then why it can't happen again.

The only time he did anything violent was when he was kicking false religions out of the temple

>why do we grow tired?
Because our bodies aren't strong enough to resist external and internal forces, such as fatigue, constant bacterial/chemical assaults, injuries, mental stress etc
We "grow tired" because it slowly chirps away at our being, so we need to "recharge" or "take a break", so we sleep.
Same could be said for death, it's just a respite.

The Christian bible also tells you not to eat shellfish and to stone gays.

>eternity of no sinning in heaven

Yeah nah.

fuck that shit man, just do what you love :)

A mere 80 years is supposed to decide how you spend eternity? You understand that we cannot even comprehend how big eternity is, right?

Yet, your god is supposed to be "good" somehow.

Don't worry all Australians go to hell that's where most of the boys at Gallipoli went after we send them their

Doubles.

Lots of doubles.

>The Christian bible is very clear on what it considers good and evil.
Would you listen to everything a books says, or only the specific parts which are right?
Just because something is 99% wrong doesn't mean you shouldn't make use of the 1% right in it.
>It also plainly states that the vast majority of people do not go to heaven.
That's fine but which "heaven"?
The heaven for some is a hell for others.

Good thing there is no eternity

It seems that even a child could learn the basics of life though. There's not much to this existence

Granted, you wont be limited by human capacity. Sinning will seem so primative and won't even matter anymore.

"But Jesus answered them, "You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."

-Matthew 22:30

Give a better example please.

lolicon and anime

You definitely follow an occult belief system that blurs the line between traditional good and evil.

I'd put you into the same camp as gnostic luciferians

lol

>because life is no different than death

Actually, that is just wrong in every logical sense. We can always observe in the natural world that things require contrast in order to exist. Life and death are point of contrast, exact opposites. Without death, you cannot have life; without life you can't have death.

I don't understand how you came to such a conclusion that "life and death are the same brahhhh"

>implying mormon men don't know how to slap a bitch

iirc, All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics.

And don't forget, masturbation is bad mmk?

I mean, there could be a lot of merit to the "don't masturbate" thing given that it's talked about negatively in so many different belief system. The eastern and occultic viewpoints express that it can be used for good or bad, like an tool. A hammer can be used to build a house, or to bludgeon someone to death. Y'know?

>Give a better example please.
About healing and sleep?
I'm not really good at explaining stuff but whatever...
Well if you haven't noticed, doctors and other medical personnel are recommending people stay at home and "rest" when they have the flu.
This isn't just about sending home a sick worker so he/she doesn't infect others but also for allowing said person to spend the time when ill, lying down and/or sleeping, in other words "resting"
Resting will allow said person to fight off the disease much quicker because it allows for the body to redirect energy and materials to fight off the foreign bodies, hence why people feel muscle fatigue or the inability to think properly when the body has become aware of the infection, and not on the spot when the foreign body has already invaded(you can be infected but not demonstrate any "symptoms" because the body is not fighting it off")
I "follow" nothing, I'm just a human, with inhuman perception, nothing more, nothing less.

Hmm... I wonder where I've seen that before

there is no time in eternity, its only a moment.

the argument against reincarnation from bible verses isn't very good. quite frankly it seems like in gods government, if you lose your body before it dies from natural causes you automatically get a new one.

multiple lives are a real thing, theres a reason why the expression "old soul" exists.

Oh shit, I responded to the wrong post. I was trying to respond to this guy Sorry about that.

Deep

it wasn't false relgions he was kicking out, it was the money changers. the poster you're replying to is an idiot.

Spooky Eldrich creatures

There is definitely something. I just wish I knew how to explain it to someone who hasn't died.

I'm sort of the opinion that it's too complex for us to really know exactly what is on the other side.

I believe there is a "conscious god", I believe that Jesus was to Judaism as Gautama Buddha was to Hinduism.

There is real power in loving and worshiping God.

Also, let's say our psyche is overtired or "short-circuits" due to... reasons, we usually "faint" or "sleep", in order for our body to assess and "heal" the damage quickly in order to minimize the damage from the aftermath of the shock.

That's not true about the DMT.

cute lizards/amphibians

Od'd on H a couple times. Death is just like sleep. You consciousness e.g. Your ability to experience things shuts down completely. You should live for the good that exists in life because there is nothing after. Even as Jesus said : The Kingdom is within you.

The ideas of heaven, hell, and enlightenment all seem to overlap.
In Christian doctrine heaven and god are both described as being infinite, having no beginning nor end. The only way that this would be possible is if Heaven was now. Right now never has had a beginning or an end, it always is. You can do anything with right now, you can make heaven of it or hell of it.

In Christianity, when you "repent your sins", you're meant to be forgiving yourself (who is equivalent to God). If you don't relieve your acquired guilt, you will end up creating hell from the present moment.

Now, to explain what I mean by "we are equivalent to God":
In Christian doctrine, the holy trinity is described as having three parts that make up God: the father, the son, and the holy spirit.
It is mentioned multiple times throughout scripture that the holy spirit is found in everyone and everything, people simply need to choose to listen to it.
Now, if the holy spirit is found in everyone and everything, and the holy spirit is equivalent to god, doesn't that mean that everything and everyone is in a sense, equivalent to God?
If you have a glass of water and pour it into the ocean, that glass of water is not the whole ocean and the whole ocean is not the glass of water. But, in essence, they are the same.

a utopia where the muslim horde and blacks were eviscerated but where corporatism and jews still exist and its a liberal haven, a haven that was carved through the sacrifice of many right leaning individuals seeking peace from the torment, only to later die off as the liberals took over as no adversary was left to defeat.

Its a world Trump visited, a white utopia of peace and high trust, and he came back to accelerate that Dream for Humanity

>That's not true about the DMT.
In what sense?

There's no evidence of massive DMT surges in the brain during a NDE, and what's more that should make them far more common.

I believe in existence of conciousness after bodily death, but science is only just starting to study what exactly happens, and the individual experiences any experiencer of a NDE may have.

God.

Plain and simple.

The reunion of man and his creator.

Life experience is a roguelike game our souls come up with to deal with itselves. The brain is akin to a computer and the platform is the universe

Once we die, the simulation ends to us and keeps running to other players. Another map is randomly found in the infinite universe then, perhaps with specifications based on what we programmed in through life playing. So you could be respawning countless times an immediate death in a impossible terrain until you get to a server you can play or you're intelligently put somewhere life can unfold for a relatively long time. Or you could be in a new "save" where you remember the recently lived life and just continues on. Perhaps to some it's soundless black space like they want it ("not") to be.

Either way, as seeing how we can't control our dreams and don't remember if we got to choose this life counsciously, I'm inclined to believe the process is compulsory and seemingly random. I really can't envision counsciousness ending, I believe even before we were born there was something we just don't remember with our physical brains, just like how we don't remember parts of our sleep or things when we get too drunk.

>There's no evidence of massive DMT surges in the brain during a NDE
That's because this only happens to people who "believe" or "yearn" for something more, or a divine power to aid/be reveal to them, not to mention the brain has to be intact and without suffering concussions/damage to be able to do this subcon "reflex" properly when you bleed it out or get dismembered. Either way if the reflex fails(due to getting your brains splatter on anything) the residual DMT activates, both with the "spiritual" and "non-spiritual" people only that the quantity is different(based on genes, situations etc), so like I said, it depends on the person, if they want an "afterlife" or don't.

>I believe in existence of conciousness after bodily death
believe what you will, there's a "con" after death only if you want it.

there is no god, there is nothing but darkness when you die. god is a fallacy created by the weak minded and weak willed to create a pipe dream to keep the thought of inevitable death at bay

listen here you green candy cain ass mother fucker.

You need to produce some evidence that DMT trips happen when you are dying.

There is no evidence for this. Your
>people who "believe" or "yearn" for something

Is the most unscientific shit i've ever heard.

It's actually quite random and only seems to have a 20% of occurring at all. More people than that yearn for an afterlife I'm afraid. There is still no evidence of the brain producing DMT in large quantities, this would require studies.

i never noticed that the jewish bowl was empty

>there is nothing but darkness when you die
That's good, because "darkness" or void is our mother, where "light' is our father.
Some just like to be with their mom more when they die, others like to be with their dad more.
Some like to be with both at the same time, others don't want to be with anyone.

Home.

>It's actually quite random
randomness is an illusion, it doesn't exist.
But yea, it does seem "random"
>this would require studies
already done a long time ago, shame this info/data is usually censored by W.G to keep people "blind" as those "eyes opened" or "woke" people keep incoherently babbling about.

Oblivion

Because your body needs it to "reset" so to speak and if you stopped sleeping you would die.

home is where you make it

20% have NDEs. It's random because we have no ideal what causes it.

There's been one study done so far, the AWARE study, and it didn't succeed in its original mission, but opened up new questions.

Adele

America bringing the profound spiritual wisdom as usual.

When we die we will have our last though of giving in to the call of the grave and we shall fall dormant in darkness
Until we are awakened by Jesus himself of course

>You need to produce some evidence that DMT trips happen when you are dying.
A trip doesn't happen when you start/really die but a process happens happens that "transmutes" physical DMT within our cerebral cortex to energy, which like a vehicle or boat "transports" our con to happyland or limbo/hell whatever religious people call it.
If the DMT release happens it's because the body has already calculated that the cerebrum will be destroyed or out of order eventually so it instinctively tries to release as much DMT as possible in order to allow the dying person to more easily "cope", like said, happens "randomly" sometimes.

Also DMT and other drug "trips" are bad because it knocks the body out of balance.

Like why you mom is such a whore.

You like to see homos naked?

The universe is infinite in all directions and manners, including infinite levels of all manner of hierarchy. 'End' is an illusion, there is only constant mutation.