How far does war go back in your family?

How far does war go back in your family?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_VCX-Zdz5qA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Protection_Corps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Polish_Army_(1944–45)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Army_(Poland)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Studzianki
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsowanie_Nysy_(1945)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bautzen_(1945)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All the way back to Asia

WELL PILGRIM

My great grandfather came to the US to fight in WWI for some gibs. I don't think he ever got them, but he did build a big wooden box that we still have.

His son, my grandfather, joined the navy in WWII, probably just to kill nonwhites, but he never saw battle.

My dad was an UN peacekeeper in Yugoslavia

Great Grandfather Korea
Grandfather Vietnam
Dad was deaf in one year, so he worked as a heavy equipment operator in the flood of 94

Mine is a family of peace

Finno-Korean Hyperwar I guess.

How old are you?

German immigrants, fought in revolution, civil war, WWI (probably, not sure), my grandfather fought Japs in WWII, and my father was drafted during Vietnam right as the war ended so he didn't have to go. So the military history stops at my dad. I'm just waiting for something worth fighting for I guess.

had relatives who fought against the nazis and for the nazis.

over 10 gens that I know of on my mothers side.

I'm guessing even before that the way the family is. 1620 from what records we do have.

Haven't missed a war/conflict. I even have Injun ears in a jar. god knows how old they are.

On my mother's side: WWI and II at least. Germans.

Dad's side: No wars between 1815-2017 or so.
Previous: Swedish peasantry. More-or-less incessant wars between 1099AD and 1815AD

Grandfather WWII
Great grandfather WWI

Long line of gamblers and draft dodgers. No known military service in my family

Father's father went to West Point and my mother's parents did something in WWII.

>MFW I'm a civvy cause I don't give a fuck

At least the American Revolution.

kek

My brother and me are first in our family tree to not receive formal military training and to not participate in war as soldiers.
Every one of my ancestors I have known or have written or oral records of was a soldier at one point in his life.
That is Balkans for you.

Me in the middle.

Then ask your grandpa why he's keeping the basement locked

Gramps gunned down waves of Chinese in Korea.
Great uncle killed at Kokoda.
Somebody else died in WWI European theatre.
Various German/British squabbles.

I went to Afghanistan. My father went to Vietnam. His father went to the European theatre, his father went to ww1, his great grandfather fought for Kentucky, his grandfather fought the British twice.

My family is Lt. Dan status.

On my Mother's side it goes all the way back to the crusades. Although my Grandfather is the only recent one that actually fought in combat. He did have a cousin the died on the Arizona.

On my Dad's side back to the Revolution although none of them ever saw combat to my knowledge except some limited action in the Pacific that my Grandfather was in.

Great grandpa fought in ww1, taken as POW by bongs for a couple of years (they treated him well suprisingly), gets released and immediately returns to fight in independence war

Great-great-great-grandfather:
>Second Schleswig War
>Franco-Prussian-War

Great-grandfather:
>WW1 (Tannenberg, Masurische Seen, shook hands with Wilhelm II., Verdun)

Grandfather:
>WW2 (Invasion of Poland & France, Stalingrad, Königsberg, Berlin)

Father:
>no wars to be fought.

Me:
>2016 Meme Wars

My great grandpa and like half of his generation in my family fought in Russian army during WW1 and later in Soviet-Polish war.

Earlier on who the fuck knows.

My (((IRISH))) ancestors fought in the Civil War and freed niggers. My line deserves to die.

youtube.com/watch?v=_VCX-Zdz5qA

>mums side: grandad was a radar operator ato portsmouth and a couple of other locations, got bombed a lot
Grandmother was one of those women you see in the films who move the models around the table with the big sticks
>Dads side: Grandfather a merchant mariner went between UK and US and UK and france later on shot at a couple of times by germans
Grandmother was a housewife

Battling mammoths.

Almost everyone on the family name line was in service.
Grandfather was a general.
Father worked in intelligence.
And I haven't even served in military. I am a disgrace.

One cousin served in the Iraq War, had another who was a sniper in Desert Storm.

Grandfather was a US marine who fought in WWII. Amazing dude, had shrapnel in his legs from Iwo Jima.

Great Great Uncles fought in WWI, one was captured by Germans and had part of his skull replaced

Had an ancestor fight in the Civil War for the North, I have his flask that he used. It still smells of whiskey, which blows my mind since this thing was carried through war in 1862.

Had another ancestor fight in the Revolution, not too sure where he fought or what he did, just know he fought in the war, then went on to marry into the family of President John Adams.

Fuckin caveman times

Wrong side of the civil war. The story of the Gettysburg retreat and how harsh the conditions where has been passed down for generations

All the way to the civil war and maybe further back no joke.

>parents: USAF
>grandparents: USAF
>great-grandfather: Army
theres a blank spot in this part of the timeline kek
>great-great-great-great-great-grandfather fought for the CSA

y is ur flag australian what r u a fucking traitor

Great-great grandpa killed Germans in Holstein in the 1800s.

Great-grandpa killed Germans in France in 1918

I can trace mine back to the Battle of Bosworth.

The entire line

1066 and the norman invasion of England is as far back as I can trace. Given that they were Norman nobles it wouldn't suprise me if the spent the preceding few centuries annoying the french.

American Civil War. Grandfather x5 fought for the confederacy and was captured and died at Rock Island IL POW camp.

All the way.

t. Maori

Great grandpa shelled some krauts in italy during wwii

Blame my parents, they decided to immigrate to rooland.

Every male served in the military.

Great Great uncles volunteered for the Waffen SS.

Great Uncle drafted into US Army during WWII.

Dad was Navy didn't do ground fighting.
Gramps occupied Japan was an original weeb.

He tells me,

user, I just wanted to stay there and marry a Japanese woman. Instead I got stuck with that witch!

Waterloo.

Since the Revolution, at least.

2nd French Revolution

ayy lmao

Great Grandfather was in resistance during WW2. But as far as I can tell he did jackshit.

His father fought in Kuk military in WW1.

Boudicca was my mums mum

In this country from the French and Indian war up to korean war My father was on battleship uss new jersey during korean war

Goes back to WW1, Verdun France. So sad to see how far the country has fallen.

My family has been here since 1600s and fought in every major war except Korea.

The First Sino-Japanese War

XIth Century, Ancestor owning land and title over a small territory in Anjou. Landed Knight most likely.

His familly name in Latin and connection with mounted warrior suggest long tradition of warrior even before him in France.

Great Uncle died at Guadalcanal.
another great uncle was wounded in his right thigh in Korea, he still walks with a cane.
Far back as I can trace was a Texas Ranger that went after John Wesley Hardin.

We've been fighting as long as I can remember. Those damn Hatfields started this whole thing several generations back. I'm worried that my kids, Billy and Ray McCoy will have to continue the fight when I'm too old. I've killed many of the Hatfield children and they've killed many of mine. One day they'll know where the true property boundary lies.

>Kuk military
more like cuck military amirite
:^)

>Great-grandfather
in 1939 he was solider of KOP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Protection_Corps
He fought in 1939 Defensive War. After that his family area was going to Soviet Union to Ukrainian SSR ( my g-grandfather was polish )

After that he took part in this troops
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Polish_Army_(1944–45)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Army_(Poland)

and some battles that he fought
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Studzianki

Grandfather fought in Indonesia

One of my distant ancestors fought against the Mongols during the Mongol-Song wars.

My great grandfather joined the KMT National Revolutionary Army to fight against the invading Japanese.

My grandfather joined the communist PLA to fight against Taiwanese cucks.

Boudicca was a failure and a meme.

Back to 1789

Pick any Russian war since then and most likely one of my ancestors participated

KLEO

First historical reference was the crusades, my family were crusading knights, so I imagine, well before that even.

delet this

that is it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bautzen_(1945)

My great-grandfather was artillery solider.

To my knowledge, WWI.

Paternal great-grandad served in I and II. Straight savage. Maternal great-grandad served in WWII in an Irish regiment. Maternal great-uncle was one of the Irish soldiers at Jadotville, and he later was in 'Nam. Dude is fucking crazy.

That's about it for military in my family.

>Australia
nooooo

I dont blame you. I wouldnt wanna be fucked in my ass either by my senpais in the academy.

Some people were in the Revolution.

We still want to kill moors.

>Eternally cucked
Good goy

My grandfather came from Germany in the 40s, apparently he fought in WW2.

Mother's side, every conflict Australia has been in since the Boer War.

Dad's side 1830's when Uruguay became independent, however we can trace back our family line another 500 years or so to the 14th century where my family first became: Knights de Santiago in Spain fighting inthe reconquista. Some time around the 1760s they moved to Brasil then Uruguay a generation later. No one has become a knight since leaving Spain.

I have a letter I received at 18 offering me knighthood if I move to north eastern Spain and take the vows/ be a hermit monk for 8 years minimum. I am torn because one side has more than two dozen Australian soldiers right up to my grandfather who was a Major in the Air Force - or I Deus Vult go to Spain and hope they let me kill Muslims one day.

my great great (however many) fought under George Washington. Actually, he was only 17 and played the flute or some shit as they marched. But, pretty based desu

Over 500years back at least, or do you count only military service?

No one stupid enough in my family to fight wars so others can get spoils.

Hello my Pakistani brother

1962 Sino-Indian war greatest year of our lives huh?

grand fathers of my mothers father and mother both fought and killed communist rats at Stalingrad and came back home to tell the tale

in some part of history me too
I mentioned about my Great-grandfather
His father fought in Polish-Soviet war 1919-1921
He had to hide information about that in post-IIwar Poland

And my great-great-grandfather by mother side was tsarist officer of polish orgin.
His regiment stationed in Bukhara before WW1. He spent many years in central asia. His son was born there

My Father served as a medic in Vietnam and My grandfather served in WW2.

>Grandfather fought on eastern front against the russians
>was one of the many Germans that were captured by the russians and send to the gulag.
>although he never killed anybody they charged him for crimes against humanity and murder, so that they could justify putting him away for life.
>All of his friends died in siberian Gulag, most of them out of exhaustion, some of them starved or freezed to death.
>He finally gets released in the 50s
>They just kick him out, no money no food etc.
>He has to make his way back to Germany without any help trough countries that see Germans as the most hated enemy.
>somehow makes it
>He's almost at his home village.
>Teen on bike is heading out of the village to buy some stuff.
>sees my grandfather, immediately turns around and heads back to village as fast as he could screaming :" Heinz is back! Heinz is back!", in German.
>Grandfather enters the village
>Bells of the church start ringing
>Whole village gathers outside start celebrating.
>My Grandma runs to him in tears
"And that was the best moment of my life.", he told me.
>He passed away peacefully last year.
>mfw

>Every one of my ancestors I have known or have written or oral records of was a soldier at one point in his life.
this

BROWN BOOT.
BLACK SUN.
COBRA.
DARKSURF.

Had family in every American war going back to the revolutionary war.

WW1 great grandpa was infantry in Austro-Hungarian empire. Grandpa was in WW2 and Korea. Dad was in army but no wars.

Grandad fought in ww2, his Dad fought and died in ww1. Other than that, not very far.

Grandpa dodged the draft by telling them he'll shoot the officers. Grandpa's Dad fought in WW2 I believe or was a part of the military in some way. Grandpa's Grandpa was an indian raised frontierman or sorts, and his grandma was an indian. I don't know any other family than that.

he fought the good fight, cheer up

Last wars anyone in my family fought in were Queen Ann's war and the American Revolution.

Both of my grandpas were in the Navy. Pic-related was in the Korean War. Grandpa's brother was a barber on a ship and got kamikazed in WW2. My dad was a staff sergeant in the national guard for 20 years and was stationed in Worst Korea.

Your father is Clemens Forell?
Get the fuck outta here.

My great grandfather fought for the US in ww2, his cousin fought for Germany, and his other cousin fought for Russia.

My ancestors were soldiers on both sides of the civil war and hessians in the revolutionary war.

My great great grandfather fought for Germany in ww1 in East Prussia against the Russians, he was put in a camp for criticizing Der führer and then forced to fight Russians again on the eastern front, he never returned. I have my great grandfather's bronze star, my cousins iron cross, and some other medals from my cousin russia.

>Earliest records of my family was during the first crusade
in named history every generation in my family has had a man in a war, and seeing how the worlds been going im probably next (since im joining the marines soon)

>Ancestors came from Xu dynasty, a dethroned ruling kingdom in Ancient China
>become a trading/mercenary family on the coasts of China, protecting traders from pirates
>some Xu mercenaries fought against the British ships during opium war
>Chinese commie civil war, ancestors were hired to protect rich merchant families as they move away from China.
>japs decide to sail towards Chinese coasts, ancestors joined the exodus, end up in Philippines
>assisted flip guerillas by smuggling firearms
>generation of peace
>I'm a young man who have dreams of becoming the little girl.

My mom's side came over from Czechoslovakia shortly after the Civil War. I had ancestors on her side fight in WWI, WWII, and Korea.

My dad's side goes all the way back to colonial times, Quaker ancestors didn't see any combat in the Revolution but they provided aid and information to the Colonials. I've got ancestors that fought in the War of 1812, the Civil War (on both sides) and most of the early 20th century wars on his side of the family.

All wars since 1500s' winter frozen lake wars.

Don't know about anything past my grandfathers, I think their dads might have been in WW1.

Grandfather on my moms side was a fighter pilot in WW2.
On my dads side he was on Juno beach and helped to liberate the Netherlands.