Do teacher get paid too much? 45k average salary sound low

Do teacher get paid too much? 45k average salary sound low.

Sup Forums is the new reddit shit skins are welcome here.

all lefties get paid too much.

That seems pretty low...problem is, there's a lot of shit teachers. Good teachers deserve more....

I'd like to be a teacher but I wouldn't be able to force feed grade schoolers that gender bullshit.

Also in high school....Math teachers would be teaching say...the quadratic formula and some smartass would always say
>when are we ever gonna useeee thissss why do we have to know?

They'd never shut the little shit down by giving them an example. You should need a Msc in the subject you teach, at least at the high school level.

Honestly it would be better if math was replaced with some basic engineering into class or welding

Too bad they decided to throw in their lot with the state, and not let the free market decide.

45k/year to propagandize my kids? Should be doing it for free

Too much? Not sure. We don't have a free market in education since most teachers are employed by government.

40+ thousand a year with M-F 7am-4pm schedule including holidays and breaks sounds like a mother fucking awesome quality of life.

If you can't handle sass from a child then I feel bad for you son

t. product of American education

Go to Cook County they get paid like 90k+

Clearly your teachers weren't paid enough.

You tell me.

sleep tight pige

does this factor in inflation?

I'm ancap at heart but I didn't choose this shit. I'll take what I can and give nothing back like the rational individual I am.

The "school propagandizes kids" thing is true but Im convinced school choice through vouchers and will Eventually destroy the state run model completely.

The teaching school I'm at has faculty that are so anti school choice hey quite literally get red in the face and lose their cool when someone merely suggests school choice is superior.

They fucking know they can't win the argument.

Look at their health care and pension. They do just fine for only working 9 months out of the year.

pay good teachers more, bad teachers less.. cant do that with current laws

"Real cost" means yes, constant dollars.

I'm all for that but education management is already a popularity contest shit show.

How about we start gutting the management layers which are paid two or more times the average teacher salary to begin with, and then go after the bloated Board of Ed offices

Most teachers today are liberal nutjobs who are worth 45k a year. They're being paid to turn your kid or yourself into a liberal nutjob

i went to a shitty school and the janitor there was literally a better teacher than anyone else

have you considered that a person who is not fit to teach will generally continue being a bad teacher, no matter how much money you give them?

My ninth grade geography teacher told me he made $90k a year, that's canadian mind you but still more than any public school teacher makes in the usa I bet.

overpaid tbqh

>tfw my wife is a 1st grade teacher
>not a lefty and goes out of her way to keep politics out of her class
>work 7-4 at work
>normally works an hour a night at home
>makes a whopping 35k a year (average income in my area is 33k a year most of which are factory jobs)
>her insurance is shit

I literally tell her to quit her job, the stress and bullshit she puts up with is not worth it.

ARENT I mean

>work 8:00-3:00
>work 9 months a year
>awesome pension
>some districts teachers can make 6 figures
They're overpaid

>free lunch for every kid
>every kid has a chromebook
>after school tutoring for the dumbasses

These are a lot of the factors contributing to a higher cost of education, not actual teacher pay. Teacher pay in my state (NC) has been stagnate for years.

You need the monetary side of maths too.

I think they are paid WAY too little. If we made elementary and high school teachers a prominent job with a salary that reflects that, we would attract better talent and would have better outcomes for our kids. Not the only problem that needs to get solved to fix our education system, not by a long shot. But I think its the first step that needs to be taken We also need to fix the teachers unions, nix it as far as I'm concerned and just pay them more. Meanwhile, make sure bad teachers are accountable and that they get fired. Also, we have tremendous cultural problems with education - you see it on Sup Forums all the time....a huge portion of the population just doesnt value learning and education - reality TV and muh bible are more important to these folks. And these same folks complain about competing with 3rd worlders and stagnating wages - they shouldnt be competing with 3rd worlders with access to first world education, they should be able to make themselves more than mindless drone laborers. Sad!

I am going to train to be a primary school teacher from September, average earnings are £24,437 per year which is just under $30,500. Where I am from that puts me above average in terms of earnings for my area (£22,725 or $28,500).

No good teacher works 8-3, and their pension is shit. Also the only districts where they would be making that much are the ones where a 900sq.tf. apartment cost $3000 a month. In NC the average pay for teachers is 42k a year.

Thanks for making me realize what trash aspire to in life. Jesus christ this fucking board.

40k a year = good quality of life LEL. But I guess if I was a worthless, uneducated shitbag, any amount of money over minimum wage would sound great.

good luck lad, I hope you live somewhere not infested with shitskins
>or are good at catching chairs and human shit

>Where I am from that puts me above average in terms of earnings for my area (£22,725 or $28,500).
NO
WHAT EVER YOU DO
NO

meant for you

real wages have been stagnant for just about everyone for quite some time

I lived on 23k a year, I've lived on less actually. 23k was very comfortable.

I can only assume what kind of retarded decisions makes 45k a year "low".

You nailed it on the fucking head, my American Friend. Pay Teachers a proper salary which reflects the job they are supposed to be doing: imbuing our children with critical thinking, analytical skills, and a vast base-knowledge in which to begin pursuit of their future careers. Teachers are paid too little yet are not held to account for poor practices, which is a double-recipe for creating a culture of 'The Thin Line' where Teachers band together to defend each other even when they are doing poor jobs. Your analysis isn't correct just for the USA, but for North America in general

That's starting out. And you're free to work somewhere else that third of the year they have off.

>college educated in most states
>paid below average salaries for education level
>treated like shit from administration as they just want more federal funding
>cant punish students when they misbehave because of racism
>pay cuts based on performance of students in standardized tests
>told to educate the child and instill morals while also being told that they are reasonable for the students work outside of school
Maybe if you werent such a retard and raised your kids right then other people who earn well below the average for their education levels wouldnt have to do it for you in a way that bothers you.

If you dont take an interest in your child life and you expect the schools to do your job for you then you are just as much of a problem.

My mom has been teaching at a Texas junior high that has slowly become a shithole thanks to the appointing of a new principal. She had the idea to cut 5 minutes out of all period's total class time for a free period where the students do jack shit and nobody knows where they are (they sign up for activities like "origami" and "hair braiding") and then fuck off to do other things;this led to staff not being able to find a suicidal kid for 20 minutes. Lots of groping and forced blowjobs have been going on than in previous years with slaps on the wrist, and more students getting caught with drugs. My mom has always been fine with her pay due to healthcare and benefits, but she's sick of how retarded this principal is and how 20 years of teaching there led to this shitshow.

Being a teacher is a calling, if you want money go be a businessman

We are a poor, pretty white (90% English, 91% White British, 97% white including Slavs) northern post-industrial city.

Why?

45k salary is just an average...

my girlfriends mom was a teacher at an inner city hell hole for 34 years. Her ending salary was 78k working as a reading teacher for the kids who couldn't read/write (niggers)

She retired with a pension of over 4k a month. Lets not forget that her whole career afforded her SUMMERS OFF. Sounds like a dream job

Their salaries would go a lot further if they'd stop sending money to Bernie

>Sounds like a dream job
>being assaulted by inner city Negroes and not being able to defend yourself for fear of a lawsuit
>dream job
You are retarded.

Yes i get that the economy in general is fucked, however my school district recently just bought EVERY CHILD a chrome book to use for the year as well as giving every child free lunch (regardless of parents income). I cant help but think this would have better spent on trying to hire better teachers, or at least give some incentive for teachers who are doing well.

The other problem is teachers cant write off the dumbass students. My wife has 3 EC (aka retarded) kids in her class and she has to structure whole lessons around the three dumbasses because if not she will get in trouble for not accounting for their deficiencies. The system is setup for the retards, not the bright students.

friend did primary school in a poor south eastern town, got physical abuse nearly every day

SHITTY PEOPLE HAVE POOR WAGES MATE

TRUST ME, I GREW UP IN THE TYPE OF AREA YOU DESCRIBE, YOU DO NOT WANT THAT SHIT

GET A JOB TEACHING FOR 2 HOURS A WEEK AT A SCHOOL IN A RICHER AREA, THAT'S FINE, JUST DON'T WORK AT THAT PLACE

welcome to the SJW marxist paradise.

What about their benefits? Also, after 20 years how will they be making, 30 years, 40 years? The truth will shock you, and that's not even considering the insane retirement benefits they will receive: ~100% pay pension, free medical/dental, etc.

In nice white neighborhoods that's plenty, because all they have to deal with are retards like me drawing pictures of vaginas in the 6th grade. In shitty black neighborhoods they deserve all the money in the world to deal with those savages.

Essex? I do volunteer work in a school now in the city in a school that serves mainly poorer areas, I already have some idea of what it is like.

Plenty of good people have low wages.

t. from a poor family and background

they don't work 4 months of the year check the rate they are getting paid not the amount

alright make a thread during australian prime posting hours in a few months after you get knocked out by a stray desk and i'll remind you that i told you so

Will do.

I graduated in 2010 and that was the last year they had the entire wood and metal shop open. It's just wasted space untill they sell or throw out all the equipment. It's pretty sad I wish I could have learned things like changing a tire or my oil writing a check or doing taxes not geometry.

even more south than that m8, but good luck. If every teacher was a Sup Forumsack the world would be a different place.

>tfw when your teacher goes full 1488 in primary school english

sleep tight porker

All of this varies wildly depending on where you live.

I don't know, maybe having children you fucking idiot?

Depending on where you live, 40k (starting out) with decent benefits and vacation isn't bad for 9 months of work in a temperature controlled office setting where it is nearly impossible to get fired from.

45k to work 9 months out of the year is not bad at all.

Literally what?

I live in one of the poorest parts of one of the poorer US states. Making 35-42k a year starting out is insanely good considering it's office hours with tons of paid holidays and breaks.

If you want to enter the rat race and make tons of money then go buy into the other memes like STEM, Medical field, or accounting...

life is way too fucking short as it is. I'm not going to convince you that working a much shittier schedule for more money is worth it. Do what you want.

>nearly impossible to get fired from

Things you can get fired for
>punishing students because they missbehave and happen to be black or mexican
>not have everyone pass the fed govt standardized tests
>have poor parent teacher meetings where the parent (people like you) blame the teacher for their own personal failings

Goddamn this board is full of retards.

>teachers band together to defend each other even when they are doing poor jobs
>not held to account for poor practices

You have no idea what you're talking about.

t. married to a teacher

> $45k average salary
> 3 month vacation

Yeah sounds horrible.

Really though the average has very little meaning here. In places with big school districts and strong unions, some of these assholes make 6 figures based on nothing other than tenure. Some of them have years of rolled over vacation so they'll be taking an early retirement at full pay before their extremely generous pension kicks in.

At the same school district, new and young teachers might make much less than $45k, with no benefits and a very long probationary period.

Education is funded locally here, and public sector unions have gone fucking crazy, and here we are.

my bills last year were probably around 15k total. living off of 40k a year would be not only easy, but comfy as fuck. not to mention having all holidays and summers off.

I'm convinced a lot of the "kids are expensive" meme is from people buying all sorts of name brand and unnecessary shit for their kids.

Don't misunderstand me that do cost money, but the people whining about it who buy thousands of dollars in furniture and new clothes really ramp up the average.

>I'm convinced
So you dont have children but you still think you know about the experience?

>40k a year
>7-4 job
>don't have to do shit 3 months of the year and longass vacations
>don't even have to be good at your job
>don't want to do your job? Throw on a movie
>bitching pension

Most of my math and science teachers were awesome. Most of my english/language/social studies were dogshit.

Teaching isn't particularly hard but everyone should become an expert at what they're teaching. I'm in the process of getting a seminar job teaching phDs. They want to learn what I'm teaching and they know when I'm bullshitting them.

They work 20-25 hours a week here.

I'm willing to bet I could outbudget your motherfucking ass. Having the kid itself is expensive medically but the actual food costs aren't that high and lol at the moms who have specially chosen a particular brand of diaper instead of just doing generics.

But go on, be mad.

Sleep tight porky.

The cost of mecical care, food and clothes are the highest costs with kids.

If you dont bother feeding your kids nice food dont bother having them as you are doing a huge disservice to their growth potential if you feed them shit.

Do you even know what you're fucking talking about? How many kids do you have?

>Yeah people with kids on a single family income of 45k are fucking loaded!

Government is going to take about 12k in taxes from your gross pay, so now you're at 33k/year

Say rent and utilities is about 1k/month, so now you only have 21k left.

Next comes food. You can guess around 500/month, including some formula because your old ladies nipples are going to be too sore sometimes. You're down to 15k.

Car and renter's insurance (or homeowners insurance if you own) and gasoline for your car (assuming it is a beater that is paid off) leaves you with around 12k.

Hey guess what? You have another dependent, so your healthcare premiums just increased. Now you're down to 6k left.

You need other basic shit so that 6k won't go as far as you think it will.

>lel i'll tell my old lady to get a job. problem solved. checkmate.

Nigger, do you have any idea how much child care costs?

You're showing just how young and out of touch you are with reality.

Stop feeding kids frozen shit

I dated this one chick, she would give her kid Banquet meals every goddamn day for lunch. Like holy shit. I wouldn't feed that to a dog on a regular basis.

Those chicken tenders were pretty yummy, but that is some terrible parenting.

It's too much considering how shit they are at it. Paying them more won't make them do a better job. The whole thing needs a little bit of free market. Looks like they're gonna do it by giving parents more school choices.