What the flying fuck

what the flying fuck

weak dollar is probably best for the US right now

t. almost an economist

but it is complicated.

weaker/stronger dollar each has pros and cons

libshits FREAKING THE FUCK OUT at a weak dollar is actually another legitimate con that complicates things further

don't you see the issue that the guy who thinks he's calling the shots has no fucking clue

"Probably" is not good enough and "complicated" sounds like an excuse. Give it to us straight. Do it!

Fake news

Two sources familiar with his account of the incident

What does that even mean,

Is this, dare I say it, /FAKENEWS/?

Strong yen after tsunami was a disaster for Japanese economy, it fucked the export markets

Well he seems unsure which is actually the best answer, he's considering the pros and cons of each. Comfy af tbqh

don't be such little shits, calling anything you don't like fake news just so you don't have to consider the implications is a bitch move for sissies and cowards

you seem to understand that economists are full of shit

Shill

no, he's looking for a straight answer.

That's ironic.

you're literally unable to wrap your head around this, are you now

Alright, then where's your source?

Weak dollar will make foreign goods relatively more expensive and will encourage consumers/firms to buy domestic.... But there are issues with devaluing too much.

Also if the US devalues their currency it will probably crash half of the world's economy because everyone is used to a strong USD and won't react properly if they start devaluing....

Iuno lotsa shit to consider.

What are the cons of a strong dollar? Can't think of any

This annoys me so much.

>"OMG Trump is terrible"
>Freak out causing market havoc
>"Look, the markets are in havoc, Trump is so terrible"

there is no straight answer...

it's what makes economics a psuedo-science. there's no right or wrong answer here.

that's one spicy source you don't have

More expensive to buy, so outside parties invest less

Also weak dollar may raise inflation bringing another raft of impacts

Trump is a literal retard. I hope he suffers numerous mental breakdowns while in office and contemplates suicide everyday till he finally pulls the trigger. His ego will be the thing that kills him and it will be true poetic justice.

I like traveling though so the strong USD is good for me. I can buy more in foreign countries.

The leaf is hedging his bets, this way it is never wrong.

sending my investigators to hawaii, you won't believe what they'll find

I mean it's like... what is the "goal" for the society?

Having a "strong economy" is a spook. - doesn't fucking mean anything

Ask an engineer "OMG WHAT DO WE ENGINEER" and he will say "shit wtf i dunno... tell me what you wanna build and i will tell you how"...

same sorta thing with economics "HOW DO WE FIX ECONOMY"... "fucking shit man I have no idea... what kind of society you want senpai?"... anyways the answer to what kinda society Trump wants is probably gonna piss off liberals.. iuno fuck it.

burn the whole thing down i say

Build huge trade deficit as everyone domestically will buy from abroad as it is relatively cheaper.

Trade deficit is effectively borrowing from the country that is on the otherside ie China and EU.

Fortunately the US army can stop anyone aggressively claiming the debt back if it came to it but either way it's not great and can bring instability.

shut up you post aryan faggot I'd call you german but all your grandkids will be brown

>literally doesn't even understand the economical implications

>according to two sources familiar with Flynn's accounts of the incident
according to two sources familiar with Flynn's accounts of the incident

This is a great basic example, stronger dollar the more people will have a propensity to travel abroad, and import foreign goods. The more money leaving the economy the weaker the domestic consumption and investment (much like the average consumer, investors are incentivise to take their money abroad).

Huffington Post and no source, huh? This shit they come up with to discredit Trump is just getting dumber by the minute.

these kike shill threads are a dime a dozen (((literally)))

are you kikes even trying to be subtle? This shit is obviously FAKE NEWS™

Economics is mostly educated guessestimation anyway although asking Flynn does seem retarded.

I think FDR had the famous quote: "Someone bring me a one-armed economist" because he was sick to death of them saying "...On the other hand..."

t econfag

>Economics is mostly educated guessestimation
that is absolutely correct, but if there's one thing you can do, you can steer the economy in a broad direction. which is why this is so absurd. trump's fetish for superficial strength will make a strong dollar seem desirable when it's the most toxic thing that could happen when you're otherwise pushing isolationist policies. this is such a fundamentally fucked up thing to even consider. who voted this clown into office ffs

You are this mad.

Tbh I think once someone explains it to him he'll realise in his philosophy of America First a weak dollar is more logical.

look at his track record of literally counterproductive and ill-deliberated policies and tell me that isn't ridiculously naive of you

the impotent rage coming from this tranny

KEK

>source

Huff

So yeah, fake news.

wait... is this real?

lotta words but not a lotta substance

what policy is "counter-productive"?

you have a different end-goal than he does.

hell yeah his policies are counter-productive to a marxist utopia, but that's not what he's aiming for ya dumb kraut.

god I wish they woulda just killed all germans if they were gonna take out the smart ones, this is sad to witness.

Like what?

A lot of his policies are brash but that's what people voted for, can't really complain.

Stuff like the Dakota pipeline he just made sure it was advantageous to the US then passed it, it seems to be all he cares about.

There is no good answer to that. Normally, a weak currency helps exports. But in the case of USD, which is a reserve currency and generates state household income by simply being printed, it also works against it.

Can't tell if this is a bot reply or if this guy is just retarded.

the muslim ban was a) not targeting the actual source states of islamic terrorism and b) legitimizing the jihadist narrative of islam versus the west, i.e. literally free propaganda for ISIS. this is textbook for counter-productive and ill-deliberate.

at this point it's clear he is mentally unstable

>can't really complain.
you can start complaining once you realize what america first means for the snake-bitten british economy. british trump fanboyism is puzzling to me.

the media have become a blatant pack of liars.

huff post, who heard it from multiple white house staffers that are leaking everything to the press because they hate Trump
the amount of leaks is crazy and it's not even been a month

muslim ban is genius

let's shitskin towelheads know they aren't welcome - that's the goal

ISIS can't do shit to the US so who cares if it makes them mad

The literal monkey gets it

>sources say

Why would ISIS be mad? None of their handlers are on the ban list but all their enemies are

>ISIS can't do shit to the US so who cares if it makes them mad
literally sponsoring homegrown terrorism through the internet, cf. san bernardino and orlando. the trump policy is a proven boon to them. don't be such a retarded shill.

sources say you're a faggot.

ah yeah I didn't even say they will be made mad, the retard kraut did. I was just saying that IF IT DID, then it wouldn't matter

When its undeniable trump is smart and has made his fortune in business, such a report is clearly fake news.

How is he smart you might ask?

Well he's the fucking president after the entire establishment wrote him off and, he owes that success to campaigning in the rust belt a -- democratic strong hold.

Need more proof? He has played the media every step of the way.

>Free campaign ads because he says outrageous things
>Media reports on real black crime rate after he posts a image of black crime rate, which was a couple of % off.
>Media re-affirms every terrorist attack they have reported on in recent memory, because trump said they had been covering it up. Which further gives merit to his """"muslim ban""""

Every time the left underestimates him, it grants him more power.

san bernadino happened under obongo ya dummy lol

Wtf, strong is better.

>according to two sources
The same sources that say Trump hired prostitutes in Russia to piss on a bed Obama once slept in?

Fuck off CIA

a) this is not about power. he has all the power he can have now. he won, and now he needs to deliver. americans needs to hold him accountable to that.
b) running business is fundamentally different from running an economy. fundamentally.

Stop annexing the Ukraine.

MAKE THE WHITE HOUSE WHITE AGAIN. BLEACH CLEAN THE WHITE HOUSE UNTIL THERE ISN'T A DEMOCRAT LEFT.

No. Rightful clay.

Why is it not about power? You ever considered he will re-run in 2020? And what is he not delivering?

Correct they're not the same. But you think a guy who buys raw materials from around the world doesn't understand the effect of dollar strength?

Meh in the event of brexit trump is better than clinton.

Not perfect but gives us a little leverage over the EU.

FAKE AND GAY

>shills flood Sup Forums with anti-trump propaganda
>stock market at all time high

kek

what is this shit?

why the fuck would you defend someone starting his campaign to consolidate his power in 2020 in 2017? what's the point, and what's your motivation? these next four years need to be about policies, politics, polities, and content first, second, third, and fourth. fuck the other noise.

Circular crop meme farming. It's easier to water with one of those sprinklers that goes in a circle. Americans love them.

even if it were true him asking an opinion on the value of the dollar to a friend doesn't mean much.

You're really short sighted aren't you?

Whats wrong with playing the long game you kraut fuck? Laying the ground work now, by undermining public confidence in the media and delivering campaign promises, lets him plan and put in place long term policies and shit. Especially if he can secure republican dominance in house and senate.

Wtf is this shit?

Fake news.

>Whats wrong with playing the long game you kraut fuck?
because he's tasked to work for the american people and not his own gain.

The American people doesn't include foreigners.

elaborate. if it's some dumb meme you can stuff it up your arse. starting to consolidate his power for 2020 is obnoxious establishment bullshit of the worst sort. i can't believe anyone on Sup Forums would defend this.

And him playing the long game allows him to work for the people for 8 instead of 4.

That way he doesn't risk America into the hands of some shit cunt.

He's asking his advisors for advice. He'd be more the fool to pretend he has all the answers by himself.

You really give yourself away as a bona fide moron, mohammad.

Fake news

you don't consult your national security adviser on something that incredibly basic. do you not know how incredibly fucking basic that knowledge is? this is not some intricate, highly complex affair that anyone beyond the age of 18 would need consultation, certainly not the fucking president of the united states of america.

MSM is 99% foreign nationals with an opinion about a nation.

There is no muslim ban.

There is a 90 day ban on a number of predominantly muslim countries - but not all muslim countries, and it's temporary. The ban doesn't target any religions, it targets nations.

I know this is hard for you to understand mohammad, but you do not have a right to enter any country you please. You are only in Germany by the will and generosity of the actual Germans, and if they want to kick your ass out back to Syria, that is their right to do so.

My sources in the White House clearly stated, without any doubt, that OP is a faggot. Additionally, they confirmed that OPs pic related is entirely a fabrication and, as a bonus, they confirmed that Obama was in fact the sub part of the previous presidential pair as Michelle's dick is 3 inches longer than his.

so why dont you provide source and context so we can verify whether this is fake news or not

also, I'm sure basic economic conditions can have ramifications for national security. This is why people study econ and poli-sci in tandem.

Fake news

Fuck off Shillhelm

This.

>according to (((sources)))

Can confirm this story is true.

As others have pointed out in this thread, whether you want a stronger or weaker dollar is very contextual to your goals because it has benefits and drawbacks.

What this comment from Trump reveals is that he doesn't actually have a plan. He is winging it.

He doesn't know whether to go for a strong or weak dollar because he doesn't have any idea what he wants to do, and therefore can't determine which benefits and drawbacks suits his plan.

>trump does business abroad
>doesn't understand exchange rates

yeah sure

leaf speaks the truth.

>be Italian
>capable of telling the truth
Pick one.

Unnamed sources with incredible tales about pissing parties and Trump not even knowing what a light switch is, strikes again

"Is it a good idea to attack China?"

picks up phone, dials

"Is it a good idea to attack China?"

"I'm busy drawing, dad."