Is it still possible to go off-the-grid?

Is it still possible to go off-the-grid?

Should I learn how to farm and other survival techniques for the great Happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

dr.dk/tv/se/alene-i-vildmarken-tv/-/alene-i-vildmarken-afrejsen-1-10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes friend i am currently preparing.
don't need farming, look up permaculture. you won't survive with farming.

>Is it still possible to go off-the-grid?

In the UK, Europe? No.

I just fished for the first time yesterday.

It's much more difficult than I thought it was going to be

>No.
lel
It's possible
But you'll have to work it out
In the UK I'm not so sure, because there's limited space, but europe has many secluded places nobody but the locals know about.

wrong. wtf? significant eastern europe areas live forcibly off the grid. it's significantly less expensive and work to live in an eco home called earthship. you can be totally self sufficient if you give up running water and electricity

That kind of talk right there is why Trump won the election.

And there is no "real" world. There is just living and trying to be happy.

If we want to argue the real world, you city folks have no clue what it's like to live like I do.

I've got 50 chickens, 15 hogs, three dairy cows, and 6 acres of land I farm for my own benefit.

Aside from internet(which I can live without), I have officially become 100% self sufficient last month.

I live on a well, my power is drawn from a homemade windmill, I have plenty of iron to make the tools I need, I have a foundry, and soon to have a wife.

You city folk only know life by living off of others, you know nothing of struggle and hardship that isn't self inflicted.

You city folk think you're so high and mighty, so important, like you run the world.

Except you don't. The earth runs herself. You folks in the city keep addressing self inflicted problems, and making them worse. You city folk have an opportunity to make millions of dollars with your big corporations.

I don't care about big corporations, I don't care about getting the most updated things. I only care about the things I can make, and the means of surviving in the most natural and humane way as possible.

Go fuck yourself, yellow belly.

You won't be able to feed yourself by farming if you're the only one around the to do the work.

Tasty pasta

Milena Velba btw

don't listen to these subhumans, literally read into permaculture and earth ships and you will be well on your way to living comfortably whilst independent

>if you give up running water and electricity
If you pick the place properly you can have both (in moderation)

If you could make your way to eastern Europe or rocky mountain US states maybe. But Britian is 5miles across and 10miles long with people everywhere.

What kind of fishing? Recreational?

*Wink Wink*

this guy know nothing. yoou can just as easily do it in europe, idk about UK though

Shut up

Yeah mate, catch and release

>>Algeria
>>hogs

You're a liar buddy and you're haram

Sweden would be tasty without that human garbage

I've already looked seriously at land in Ukraine. Cheap as fuck out there.

Gotta pick the location very carefully though. Ideally somewhere where I can fish and where the land is fertile.

Yes, look at Gypsies

you can do it in france, varg is

I was thinking about Western Europe, but it certainly looks like Iberia and Scandis are workeable

All about getting the hang of it. Ocean fishing is where it's at. If you ever get a chance do it. Nothing like pulling a cod up from the deep.

K.

your existance is haram.

But for now France is peaceful and stable.

These days land can't be settled like in countries like yours. You need to work enough to purchase country land, then you can start the life.

so what would be a good place to look for secluded properties here in spain?

In the UK? No.
In-fact you'll probably find yourself prosecuted or persecuted somehow if you do. Check this out:

>A new law proposed by the European Commission would make it illegal to "grow, reproduce or trade" any vegetable seeds that have not been "tested, approved and accepted" by a new EU bureaucracy named the "EU Plant Variety Agency."

>Nearly all varieties of heirloom vegetable seeds will be criminalized under this proposed EU law. This means the act of saving seeds from one generation to the next -- a cornerstone of sustainable living -- will become a criminal act.

not for the average human because it requres several millions if starting from scratch
this implies user is not willing to forgo any creature comforts and anemities of the modern world while being 99% self-sufficient
only recurring costs would be property tax, insurance and consumables not worth the time and effort to produce on one's own

It is possible but it requires a lot of effort, preparation, skills and supplies. Aside from such being regular requirement to just keep yourself healthy and alive without access to modern infrastructure and goods on per-need basis, you're now somewhat more limited in regards to the place - you really have to travel far to find a secluded, yet hospitable place allowing you to live off the land. But it's possible.

Only if you have a milk machine like that woman.

The north, somewhere with a small spring of water.

>if you give up running water and electricity

I've seen some pretty crazy setups where guys with some electrical know-how rigged up their own offgrid generators either through wind, solar, or running water fed by a stream.

I can't seem to find it now but there was one amazing article I remember reading a couple years ago, I think the guy was an electrical engineer who decided to go off grid, he bought property somewhere in south america that had a small stream running through it and then he built his own turbines, generators, and actually created an entire power station that could supply to multiple homes he was going to build.

bin that knife missy

>tfw not yellow everywhere

> Is it still possible to go off-the-grid?

Yes, with lots of money.

> Should I learn how to farm and other survival techniques for the great Happening?

No, you should prepare for the day of the rope.

You need to live near a wood and permission to cut the trees to get warmth in the cold season.
You need unpoluted freshwater, otherwise you would need even more wood to boil the water for consumption.

Depending on the country, you might be fucked if you want to hunt wild animals. You best bet to get protein is probably through fishing, but this also depend on where you live.

There is a Danish TV experiment running on this concept:
dr.dk/tv/se/alene-i-vildmarken-tv/-/alene-i-vildmarken-afrejsen-1-10

10 crazy people abandon their children and spouse to volunteer to spend 30 days in cold, hard Norwegian mountain side.
There was nothing but small fish for them to eat.
And they didn't have permission to hunt the deers.

It's possible up here, but actually surviving the winters alone in the mountains will be tougher than most are able to handle.

What's the point?

I guess so.
You can set up camp in some deep forest so nobody fucks with you, but you still would need to do some minor jobs for food cash.

There isn't a lot of places where you can go off-grid to be honest with you family. Picrelated is probably the least populated part of Ukraine and there's even more villages if you look on a smaller scale

Head to the Scottish Highlands, mate. Or Devon.

EBIN TIDDS :DDD

So get the fuck out the internet nigga