How do we return to a time where American presidents were brilliant political theorists or heroic military commanders...

How do we return to a time where American presidents were brilliant political theorists or heroic military commanders instead of community organizers and reality tv show stars?

Pelosi must be sacrificed

>lol it's not our fault blame the other party
George Washington is rolling in his grave

We need to purge some folks

grand conflict

60%

We had two opportunities to elect a modern Tomas Jefferson with Ron Paul.

He likely would have gotten the Republican nomination if the media didn't deliberately black him out which shows that the support is there in America for such a representative.
The issue is that the American people don't get to see these people because of the essentially state ran media. The solution to this is creating our own media outlets(and supporting ones that already exist) to bring these kinds of people into the spotlight.
Even efforts at the grass roots such as just talking to friends and family about good principled people not interested in power are important as this has a compounding effect.

>brilliant political theorists or heroic military commanders
>Jefferson
Pick one
Jefferson was an untrustworthy wastrel, a rapist, an embezzler, and a thoroughly disgusting human being.
He accused George Washington of treason repeatedly, in public, to score political points.
The other founding fathers and all banks refused to give him loans because he never repaid.
He was an impulsive fool who ruined his entire family.

We also need to crush this pseudo king worship expecting the office of the presidency to be "our leader". People thinking this way is a sign of a very very deep rooted cancer on American values.

No one in our government is a leader of the American people they are either representatives of the people (in the house of representatives and the Senate even though the Senate was supposed to be solely a representative of the individual States and the 17th amendment is one of the worst things to happen to America but that's a whole different topic) or representative of the 50 States.

The president specifically is that a representative of the States on the global stage and in charge of the military at times of war which only the Congress has power to declare. Something we also threw out the window.

Basically I'm saying we need to get to the root of the problem and that root problem is that America has turned into a nation of followers and takers from the proverbial government troft and are no longer self supporting individuals

I always liked Paul. I think you're largely right.
The difficulty is the massive number of outlets of information also allow people to cherrypick the ones that always support their views and ignore all others. Not that Sup Forums does that or anything...

Teddy Roosevelt, then, or Washington.
I've also never heard any of these stories before and would be interested where you're pulling them from. Even if he did embezzle money, this was the man who sat down and designed our country.

I agree with most of this.

Pelosi is directly responsible for the Silicon Valley bubble.

California is a known laundering front for the Obamas

Do ur homework, son

>Pick one
>Jefferson was an untrustworthy wastrel, a rapist, an embezzler, and a thoroughly disgusting human being
And yet everything he wrote about as warnings have come to pass especially in regards to the treachery of the Hamiltonians.

Hell the alien and seditions act one of the most offensively unamerican pieces of legislation to ever pass specifically didn't protect the vice president position from prosecution for "insulting" people in the government specifically because Jefferson was in that office

You've completely missed my point. I don't fucking care how Obama got rich, that's not what this thread is about. Stop viewing politics as a team sport where covering the other side with shit makes yours win by default.

>Teddy Roosevelt
As an individual was a great man.
As a politician he was a big government progressive and one of the chief people at that time that started the ball rolling to the despicably overbloated government we have now.
>Not that Sup Forums does that or anything
On that note Sup Forums hasn't said a damn word about Trump considering fucking Elliott Abrams for secretary of state.
Then again nu/pol/ probably doesn't know who this man is.
He was one of the top Zionist PNAC trolls that as Trump said "They lied they knew there were no weapons of mass and they told us there were" regarding Iraq to get America to take down Iraq for Israeli interest.

These fucks are why we staged a coup in Ukraine and have been waging proxy warfare in Syria.
If this man gets that position kiss 90% of the hope of Trump being a good president gone because foreign policy is the single biggest role the presidency has and one of the most important things we need to change drastically and immediately.

Build a time machine.

you had your chance with Ron Paul, but this is the future you chose

Thomas Jefferson was notorious as a wastrel. He inherited one of the most profitable plantations in the colonies yet spent so much money on wine, fancy clothing, and building that he was perpetually broke and always borrowing money which he never paid back.
When he was trustee of a university he stole 1/5th of the endowment and avoided prison only because of his reputation.
When an officer of the Revolutionary Army died he left Jefferson all of his wealth 'to be used to free and educate slaves'.
Jefferson used the money to buy silk, books, and slaves.
When Jefferson died he was $100,000 in debt. Not inflation adjusted, $100,000 in debt *then*. His children were ruined.
And he architected NOTHING! He had *nothing* to do with the Constitutional Convention.

It is a team sport. If you're not a champagne liberal you're not a real person.

Are you a "justice democrat"? You can go swim in a lake for all I care.

You can't be divisive and then expect us to wanna work with you when you're still covered in shit m8

You mean when he called George Washington 'a vile, pernicious traitor who will betray [America] to the British for a purse of gold' warnings?
Jefferson's vitriol and personal attacks on Washington and anyone else that stood between him and power are what prompted Washington to warn of the rise of political parties and partisanship in America.

/Pol would have to back Rand Paul if he runs in 2020.

Washington only gets a pass because he retired.
As for Jefferson, when running for president he called Adam,
>""hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.""
Jefferson hired the very first American campaign advisor and all the man did was lie about Adams, convincing the nation that Adams wanted war with France, that Adams was a drunk, etc. The guy was so vile he went to prison for slander under the civil law!
When he got out of prison Jefferson refused to pay him (a habit of Jefferson who once year spent $10,000 on wine [actual cost then, not adjusted] and refused to pay a debt he owed to Samuel Adams - of $40).

Find one left-leaning comment I've made in this thread.
I'm not any kind of liberal or conservative because I fucking despise people like you.

Sounds awful, I need to look into him. Then again most of Sup Forums acknowledges that Devos literally bought her position with no relevant experience, then through some deplorable mental gymnastics justifies it as a-ok because they dislike the department of education anyway.

Only let white land owners vote

[autism intensifies]

The push towards traditionalism is good OP. But, heres the thing: There never was a point in history that was "traditionalist".

Traditionalism is sort of a optical illusion of history, while looking back it appears that "ye olden days" were a superior time -- however you are seeing the mirage of history.

Time condenses the noble of all ages truths into what we see as "tradition", even though there was no point in the past which would adequately measure up.

Traditionalism is the only goal worth striving for, but it doesn't exist in the past as paradoxical as that may sound.

Deport, disenfranchise, and enslave all nonwhites, women.

you forgot to mention he was a two faced devil, who for all time rallied against the powers of the executive until, oh gee now HE has the power and i eonder what i can get away with...

that being said as rotten as he could be we have all benefited from his other works.

its almost like nothing has changed for 200 years, but we just like to forget all the bullshit and hero worship instead.

1. Get rid of democracy. America was far from a democracy early on and more of an elitist republic where only landowners would vote and practically everyone worth knowing had at least tangentially heard of eachother. This is why I refuse to call the American War of Independence a revolution: the same elite that was in charge prior to it was in charge after it. Just without paying lipservice to Britain.
2. Go back to the 18th century, where a gentleman was expected to have broad and varied knowledge. Even if we go to the times where universal suffrage was a thing, France and the US still had presidents who were former military men (MacMahon, Teddy Roosevelt) or political theoriests.

Though I'd say that latter point isn't a massive deal. Preisdents still come from the group of people who attend highly esteemed private education institutions like the Ivy League universities or the Grandes Écoles. Even the businessman Trump you so look down on attended the University of Pennsylvania, which is in the Ivy League.

Let white male landowners vote and bar everyone else. In order to foster a collective elite with such merits we need to stop pretending everyone is equal.