Six Hour Work Day

bbc.com/news/business-38843341

I've been suggesting this even before Somalia here experimented on it.

Eight hour work day is a RETARDED scheme which is impossible to achieve.

What happens now is that you are required to spend eight hours at work by default. Let's say you spend eight hours exact like suggested, and not any overtime extra crap.

So, eight hours at work leave you eight hours of recreation and eight hours of sleep? Absolute bullshit.

This is how it really goes.

>you wake up
>you spend half an hour min to shave, take a shower, have a breakfast, get ready
>you spend another half an hour min to commute to work (in Los Angeles or New York some people commute to work for three hours!!! hahaha fucking waste yourself)

This is one hour min WASTED.

>you get to work
>you work eight hour shift, yes, you have a pause but this is not rest or recreation, this is just a pause
>you get to work overtime because eurowings is late once again

Congratulations, you've spent ten hours at work.

>you spend another half an hour min to commute back to your home
>you spend half an hour min to take a shower, make lunch, or to buy groceries

This is one hour WASTED again!

Now you have twelve hours left to do whatever you want to do. You can't recreate for eight hours nor you can sleep for eight hours anymore. You can do that for six hours each. If you want a good night sleep of eight hours, that leaves you four hour of recreation which is, like we all know, basically nothing. Give me 14.88 hours of fun daily or give me nothing at all. Give me death. Oh wait, you need to go pay the bills, you need to go to the car repair, you need to go the library, you need to shitpost on Sup Forums, etc.

Get my drift?

So, in response to this oppressive and brutally exploitative Capital-Communist system, I suggest a new model:

SIX HOUR WORK
SIX HOUR RECREATION
SIX HOUR SLEEP
SIX HOUR BULLSHIT

Being an adult has responsibilities. We all face this sooner or later. Adapt or fuck off.

You want free fun all day be some old rich faggots sugar baby.

Tl;dr kill yourself commie

How soft are your hands OP

SPBP

>Somalia here experimented on it.
How's that turn out for them?

Bitch i know people that work 24 hours shifts and they did it for 25 years and are not bitching so hard.
I know people that served for 6 months at a time in Afganistan,and did not bitch so much.
During communism depending on your job,you could,ve worked 8-12 hours and only sunday was free....now could you imagine that only one free day per week.

Bitch whem i was in highschool we had classes for 7 hours,then lost 2 hours in total on the road and had to spend at least 2hours at home for projects and homework,and i did not bitch so hard.

SO man the fuck up son or neck yourself.

Actually, this is why I wish companies would implement either:
>Work 12 hours for three days in the week
>Work 10 hours for four days
>Work 12 hours for 7 days but get the next week off

Hospitals do this sometimes since it's shift work. I do 3 12's and I've done week on/week off. It's the best schedule ever and it keeps me from hating work.

Productivity shows diminishing returns as hours increase. By 12 hours, you're getting damn near a flatline for productivity in most professions.

Maybe you've never held a job, but generally after lunch, most people are incrementally less productive than they were in the morning.

I think it depends on the job for sure. I work in microbiology and the productivity is usually pretty steady since it's a lot like an assembly line.

4 day weekends sound nice, but working at a hospital sucks because you can/will get mandated for double shifts. Sure the pay is extremely nice, overtime + out of shift premium but shit fucking sucks when it happens.

I do ten hour days five days a week.

Being a wage slave is rough, but it pays off if you have work ethic.

In medical and scientific professions that would make sense. But for most office jobs, the afternoon hours are taken up by wasted time.

The amount of food Americans eat during lunch might play a big role in this, since eating/digestion causes drowsiness, but good luck getting people to eat less.

It's also incredibly taxing on the mind to read information on a screen for 8 hours a day. I find by 3 on most days I have a significantly harder time processing what I'm reading.

12 hour work days are terrible. For the last 20 years my dad has worked 4 12 hour shifts and one 10 hour shift each week. It's nice to have 3 days off but your entire day is fucked on the days you work. For him he has to wake up at 4:30 to get ready for work to be there at 6 and when he leaves at 6 it takes him an hour to get home. So then he only has two and a half hours before he has to go to sleep.

I hate little bitches like you. We work 8-13 hour days here and we make 85k-300k USD per year. Go ahead and work your 4-6 hour days and enjoy your 12k-24k per year.

Not sure if retarded

Why the fuck do you need 8 hours of personal time.

A 12 hour shift still gives you enough time to eat and sleep 8 hours. Still have 4 hours to do what you want

communism in general is a bad idea

>During communism depending on your job,you could,ve worked 8-12 hours and only sunday was free....now could you imagine that only one free day per week.
umh.. the fact that you have 8 hour work, weekends, paid vacations and stuff is pretty much all achievements of what you call "communism".

I actually do that 10 hour workday 4 days a week schedule, it's super nice and I love having 3 days off.
I might start working 5 days a week though, because I just have so much free time I don't know what to do with it.

Meanwhile if I was working 8 hour workdays I don't know how I'd manage, since on days I work I like to just collapse in bed (or masturbate then collapse) right after work.

>six hours work day
yea go and have a real job and tell me how much you can do at a six hour work day.

>JOIN ME IN THE STRUGGLE FOR SIX HOURS BULLSHIT!!

Wew lad

you earn 40$ per hour ?
i dont think so

>work 8 hours a day
I work as much as I'm payed, so I spend few hours lurking pol when I'm at work

Depends on the job.
Service based jobs (such as waiting / delivery), active jobs (such as law enforcement / EMT), and lab based jobs (obvious) are a bit more engaging and have you always on your feet, so there's not really a drop in work quality. It's also why these jobs usually have people staying late and working overtime when it's needed.

Office jobs it's 8 hours because when you're sitting at a desk doing tedious work you'll start to fall asleep after 8-10 hours.

There are different jobs with different requirements. It is stupid to try to group them all under one umbrella. Some works require short shifts since need high concentration, some can be easily 12-16 hours shifts even.

For construction work 11 hour shift is not hard if you are phisically fit. For example if you work for company you`d want fixed and short work hours. If you work for yourself, you want work done and long work hours are nothing to you.

As a programmer, long shifts are nothing as well - you can maintain concentration for long periods, if anything its harder to "snap out of it" once work hours are over.

If anything, there needs to be more flexibility in work hours for employers. Currently shifts are pretty much definded by goverment in most countries and its counterproductive - sure prevents exploitation partially, but on other hand makes unnecessary requirements where they are not needed.

Another aspect is nowadays in a LOT of jobs you dont even need to have fixed shifts/stay X hours in the office. People should not mistake productivity with time spend idling. If you can do you job leisurly in suitable to you hours from home - you should be able to as long result is same.

No, sorry, fucking commie, I love to work for my corporate masters, why would I want more free time and more worker rights, I'd rather slave for my owners than be some lazy hippie degenerate, goddamit.

Great idea actually. Same for schools.

>wake up at 3 am
>read news drink coffee smoke til 4am
>on the road by 4:30 am
>survive hour and a half drive one way
>arrive in town of work at 6am, purchase breakfast sanwich
>arrive at parking by 6:30am
>7am-3:30pm work
>drive +2 hours home in traffic
>reach bar some time before 6pm
>eat and drink leave, get home at 7pm
>bathe and prepare clothes for tomorrow
>achieve life goals (bills, media, house maintenance, laundry) from 8pm til 11pm
>get 4 hours of sleep
>repeat until dead

>wondering why i didnt choose to vote liberal so i could just sleep all day and collect welfare but instead opted to work nonstop to pay for other people to sleep and collect welfare

I make $45/hr and work 3 12 hour shifts a week

you should have spent some attention in school

Psssh. I wouldn't want to work if I only had to go to work for anything less than 8 hours.

I work 10hr shifts for 8 days in a row. Get 6 days off and I fucking love it.

Instead of trying to lessen our work hours, why not find a job that gives you a ton of hours at once and gives you a mini vacation.

Maybe don't choose a job with a 1.5 hour commute without traffic.
Maybe don't do laundry, house maintenance, and you bills every single day.
Maybe eat breakfast at the same time you drink coffee
Maybe don't go to the bar every single day, and instead cook for yourself.

Sounds like your problem is more making very poor decisions coupled with horrible time management skills.

IDK mate. Working in the gulag for government masters sounds pretty tempting...

i make 60.78 per hour faggot

excluding benefits and 2 retirements

What would be superior is a 35 hour work week. Either Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Sunday. With 10 hour days 3 days and 1 5 hour day. In this way we could double our labor force and move towards a 24/7 society.

You know what sucks about working 9 to 5 Monday through Friday like everyone else...? If my fridge breaks down and someone needs to repair it...I gotta take off work or pay triple. Same for damn near anything. Plumbing problem? Electrician needed? Anything specialized like that means I have to take time off work and so does anyone else.

>t. butthurt poorfag NEET cuck
Stay mad, faggot. Get a job or go die in a corner, you ain't getting free shit, faggot.

why not buy a house or rent a flat instead of driving 4 hours a day ?

That makes about 9500 a month.

Who the fuck is driving 4 hours every day if he can get an apartment about 10% of your wage.
That story doesnt sound right

It's because he's a shill.

Don't worry guys, I bet our libertarian friendos will explain to us how free market will eventually lead to the shortening of the work day.
Right?

Hey op, good post. You work 6 hours and ill work 8. You know why? Because I like winning and Im not a looser

The problem is that in prior years usually the wife stayed home and did domestic work while the husband made money. Husband comes home and food is cooked or being cooked, he doesn't have to deal with dishes or any of that shit. Now that (((they))) have ruined the nuclear family and told women to work no one is home to do anything so now people have to cook and then do dishes, take care of kid, etc.

I'm not saying families can afford just one person working now but I can at least understand the want for 6 hours instead of 8. However if that were to happen I better not see any fat fuckers anymore because they can't use the excuse of muh busy day.

Non-communist countries already had these things while we slaved 6 days per week under communism.

Suck a dick commie

I do 12 hour days. But I only work 4 days a week so I don't mind so much.

If you think becuase your a millenial you have an excuse youre wrong.

I'm 22, and on 62k a year

but heres the thing, i wont tell you to work hard, or harder. I say get smarter, figure out where the money is, for me it was in IT and computers but to each their own

>had a job
>worked 8 hours
>store closed to a fucking hour at lunch so you didn't really need to be there but that didn't count with the 8 hours so I spent 9 there, one completely FOR FREE

Computers and IT is the smartest way to go. I kind of wish I would've gotten into that when I was younger.

Did you need any kind of schooling or anything?

it's not, cause the most it jobs are outsourced to india or any other country where those guys earn a few dollars per day

Have you ever debugged code from one of those? It's kind of fun.

>not understanding economics
>being young
in like 25 years you might understand

>work at my job
>hiring a lot of staff since we are growing
>get asked if I'd like to work from home because I'm independent and trustworthy
>get $40 more a month for Internet
>work is usually slow the first hour and last hour to hour and a half each day
>I don't have to get ready so I feed my dogs at 7:30 then go back to sleep until 8:30
>shit post on Sup Forums during those two to two and a half hours a day on Internet my company pays for
>end of work day and I'm already home and I have more energy now and I'm not frustrated that I have to be stuck in bullshit traffic
>go for run or go to the gym after work and see all the people annoyed who are coming home from work

I can see the appeal of wanting 6 hour work days in office jobs.

That sounds pretty amazing!

Fuck I feel like I lost my chance too.
The friends that I had got into IT and now are sucessful people, and I'm a fucking disgrace with no job or education.
Is it too late for me?

A few years ago, an 80 year old lady managed to complete college for a job career she wanted. I think she died a couple of years later.

I don't know how college works there in Russia, but if it's cheap, go for it.

Paying back student loans is what keeps me from wanting to go to school to further my education.

>Let's say you spend eight hours exact like suggested, and not any overtime extra crap.
>you get to work overtime because eurowings is late once again
>Congratulations, you've spent ten hours at work.

user, I...

ITT after my OP = not one argument against 6 hour workday but only wageslave excuses.

Hehe, enjoy your wageslave existence.

Based unknown exception. God bless you.

>shift lasts 8 hours
>plane is late 2 hours
>not 10 hours work

ivory coast nigger

>Work only 20 hours a week
>State supplement my income

Feels good man

Here's my argument:

Go fuck yourself Croatia.

Fuck being a wage-slave! I'm staying at home in pajamas an mining for Cheetos.

There's a German-owned manufacturing plant less than an hour away that's always hiring people. Part of the Schaeffler Group. They make bearings for Ford, amongst other things.

If you want to work there you have to do eight hours a day, seven days a week, or they find an excuse to fire you.

When Germans flee their own country to avoid workers unions, they go full gestapo.

I would rather work something like 3 12 hour days

Here in Eastern Europe we have this saying that they cannot pay us so little how little we can work! That's why we live off faggots like this Germ here who blasts his ass off while EU funds go to us, until shit hits the fan, and they start the war.

It's not that cheap and it's a huge time waste, especially combined with work.

This. We had that because of unions before (((they))) took them for their own agenda.

This is why your country is still a shithole. I know plenty of people who work 50-60 hours a week. Some even work upwards of 80 hours during their busy season. If you want to earn money and be successful you need to be willing to WORK.

Fuck off commie and die.

All I did at home was shitpost on Sup Forums, so I just started doing that at the office when I got a job. My job's not hard so there's plenty of time for it. Thus I can still fit sufficient recreation into my schedule.

t. human resources wageslave

>8 hour sleep

literally get woke

>bragging about being the best goy

>all these sheeps who brag how much time they spent working for their jewish overlord boss
Absolutely disgusting.
The only people where such behaviour is justified are self employed people. And the goal of these people should be that they at least get that time back when they retire with 40. People before the industrial revolution worked far far less than we do today.
It's really sad how Sup Forums nowadays supports the jew.

How about start your own business, put in 2months total work yearly by supervising your employees and enjoy the 10 months left

neet here

sounds terrible mate

I agree Muhammad

Reducing the work week from 8 -> 6 hours would mean 25% more jobs. People who work the two extra hours would also make the 1.5x required overtime for those hours. I'm assuming this would be coupled with a 25% min wage increase. ie $7.25 -> $10.00.

Lobbyists for corporations would never let it happen democratically. Companies would have to train new hires and single parents would probably have to pick up extra jobs. It would be easier to get two 6 hour jobs than two 8 hour jobs though. I think it would be nice to have the freedom to choose instead of everywhere wanting 40 hours from 9 to 5.

Besides I could get my 8 hours of "work" done in 4 I just drag it out because they pay me hourly.

Man I know machinists who work 12 hours a week or more. These guys have got zero life man. Even my instructor at college, he started his introduction the other day saying how you have to sacrifice to get ahead, and that he divorced his wife because she wouldn't let him travel all the time, literally traveling for months on end. I lost total respect for him when he said that. These people are bluepilled as fuck. He then was explaining how he still goes clubbing, he is almost 60 ffs, no wife, no kids, just an empty shell. Does not know shit about shit, does not know characters from very popular shows like Star Trek, does not even know what it is. He does know how to read a blueprint though, and machine parts, but fuck when I heard that I was like "I dont want to be like you". I want to have a life. The days of slaving your life away for a roof over your head so you can not enjoy it are over. Id rather have a life and live on rent than not have one and pay house payments for the rest of my life.

/rant

>cuckmunism
Making more money in a hour than you would earn in a month.

Is this the same reasoning that bullshitted the Germans into believing that they needed a billion new shitskins to maintain output?

This is mostly true and people are brainwashed through trying to out-do their counterparts. Locally you get called part time if you work less than 50 a week and Saturdays are "voluntary" in so far as you only have to work 5-6 hours.

Granted it's hourly work and it is overtime after 40 in a city where you are unlikely to spend more than 20minutes driving anywhere barring something extreme.

We have enough problems finding bodies now let alone having to double if not quadruple the work force with very specific skills and training.