Why are liberals obsessed with these books?

Why are liberals obsessed with these books?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlIrmHOfeA8
themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they dumb down the good/evil dichotomy to a level where even liberals can understand it.

They were required reading to fit in growing up. If you didn't read Harry Potter you were a leper

>not knowing Harry Potter was a black wizard named Hae'quon P*otr
>but evil white witch JK Rowling whitewashed him because >UK melanin rates
K
A
N
G
Z

Also the plot of Harry Potter is playing out more or less exactly in the refugee crisis.

This book was clearly made to condition people for it.

Thank you Sweden. At last I truly see.

Liberals believe in magic.

Not even kidding. Ever notice how they gone on about "the power of love"?

They are literally a cult of people that think feelings and emotions are magical.

Plus these books represent their ideal environment where all you need to do is wave a magic wand to get anything you want and be a lazy fuck.

Simple reading even a child can understand, with "deep, mature social dialogue" supposedly hidden in the text simply because there's a narcissistic class that holds itself above others.

Grew up with them, consider them to be high literature full of wisdom quotes that accurately represents "good and evil", despite having a cartoonishly evil villain that wouldn't be out of place in a morning cartoon and demonizing the idea of homicide as "the evilest thing one can do" while in the real world those who die quick and painlessly are the lucky ones.

Plus the author is a massive british SJW.

someone post the pasta

"No!"

Every generation has its culturally accepted formulation of the Hero's Journey
Star Wars is another great example of this

its was hermione desu

I thought they were great when I read then as they were released. I was also a 12-year-old boy. I remember I was also reading King's Dark Tower series around that time, too.

Because they're female power fantasies with a male protagonist.

I don't really think you can complain about people believing in magic on Sup Forums, a board attempting to awaken the powers of an Egyptian frog god of chaos to overwhelm the followers of Moloch.

But Harry Potter is the biggest Gary Stu in the fucking world, so of course libs would think that he was a well-written character who was onto something when he managed to deus ex machina his way out of an apocalypse.

Because it's for kids

WE WUZ HAGWARTZ N SHIET

I love how Harry Potter and Pokemon suddenly became symbols of liberalism overnight

Back when they first came out the Catholic priests in Poland would accuse them of teaching kids satanism

Nobody ever said that Harry Potter is white and you are a bigot if you are assuming his ethnicity.

Maybe in your little faggot group. Did you have play dates, as well?

ww2 propaganda but with wizards.

Because they never progressed past childhood.

They're extremely Jewish

My ex gf was a crazy liberal. She loved Harry Potter and hated that I hated it. Every day I am happy that I dumped her liberal SJW ass

>Pokémon
When did this happen? I see no way they could make Pokémon political

Idk. I was reading Brian Jacques and Warhammer 40k codexs as a youngling. Harry Potter is shit.

This, spot on.

Liberals love to have politics dumbed down for them. They prefer the obvious "this good, this bad" as opposed to taking something unbiased and using deliberation to formulate an opinion for themselves. Ever notice how all news posted by these neo-hippies on social media comes in the form of a chain letter already telling them where they should stand on the issue? It's easy to read, enticing and doesn't require them to think.

Its funny that anyone could consider pokemon liberal when you have to run a monster breeding program in order to engage in competitive play.

Eugenics anyone?

I was a cereal play dater

The good / evil dichotomy is pretty simple in LOTR and liberals hate Tolkien, they much prefer Game of Thrones. I don't think that's it.

because (((mudbloods))) and muggles will never be good as pureblood =SS=(slytherin society) Wizards

>these books represent their ideal environment where all you need to do is wave a magic wand to get anything you want and be a lazy fuck.

They ALSO represent

>class divisions
>meta "Castes"
>the fact that female fanfic writers schlick to Voldemort and Draco...
>... both depicted as Literally Hitlers by Rowling and especially the movies
>natural hierararchy akin to Aristotle or Plato - the Sorting Hat '
>a whiter world for UK youth than the IRL one
>the nastiness of #FakeNews and (((mass media))) a decade before Trump did #LügenpresseGate (Rita Skeeter)

They like the show, because it pretends to be more grey. That way they can talk about how they get it while no one else does.

HP is their safespace from thinking, Game of Thrones is where they pretend to be "discerning intellectuals following a convoluted plot" while just engaging in mass Daenrys wank.

they like game of thrones because it's pandering to them

>mfw the Nordic Resistance Movement ___and___ Counter-Currents have both done articles on the LOTR films

>NRM is busy putting up stickers IRL
>Counter-Currents are not interested in NS for the americans

>the LOTR saga awakens similar notions in both, despite the divide in Space, Time, National History

>there are threads on iMDB ___still to this day___ about the movies being discriminating toward nonwhits, racist or (((problematic)))

first four books are ok

Because they're children.

Liberals aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed so it's only natural that they feel attracted to something that's equally as dull as them, like the dullest franchise in movie frachise history.

>The good / evil dichotomy is pretty simple in LOTR
it isn't that simple though, look at Frodo for example.

>The good / evil dichotomy is pretty simple in LOTR
Tolkien's worldbuilding is far more advanced than GoT or HP (if you read the books and his wikipedia page about his intellectual pursuits)

because its a Fantastic Book for Kids

and Liberal refuse to grow up

Because they're trendy.

yeah but Frodo was being fucked up by an objectively evil trinket beyond his control, he did not naturally have an inclination towards evil or wrongdoing, the ring just fucks your shit up

i like harry potter

problematic glasses meme

also, ugly women are obsessed with magic

Because they're gay

Huh, I didn't even consider this. I even had a super liberal girlfriend whose life was dominated by the books. I was always more of a Series of Unfortunate Events kid myself though. Though maybe I also hated Harry Potter because everyone kept telling me I look like him.

What's Sup Forums's equivalent then?

Fuck Tolkien. He was a good goy who thought that the Jews did nothing wrong.

Because most of em grew up reading this shit. They are really just massave nostalgiafags thinking their childhood series prepared them to fight the evils of the world.

>voldimort was magical hitler!
> average guy with shit family is hero
> everyone gets shipped the way people mostly wantes. Etc

Since jk rolling is now a total sjw, they are basicly eating what she says up and reading into her book like it somehow prepares them to fight trump or some shit. In the end It is all total bs, like hermione being a filthy nigger when jk rolling herself wrote she was "pale skinned" before she went all lib

Because they're entertaining childrens books.

Also because Emma Watson is a semon demon.

warhammer 40k

Reading them now to my kids, almost lost my shit when Harry was given the invisibility cloak. Blatantly ripping off Tolkien, but with no negative effects or harmful repercussions of his new found power. Dumbledorf pop's out and says "Oh, I don't need a cloak to become invisible."

It's watered down fantasy which is more frosting than cake. The actual writing is 8th grade level.

Faggot.

The good/evil dichotomy in LOTR is extremely realistic and down to earth, it's the story about two people who are not that special, who defeat evil based solely on the bravery they conjured at the moment they were required to, the books of LOTR had a more mature audience, a more real audience and was not as popular as harry potter (until the movie) because it pandered to nobody and it had no special snowflake triggers, heck just not having a cutie 3.14 girl follow the protagonists around will cost you half the audience of book readers.

Harry Potter is the epitome of special snowflakery, the kids growing up in the Disney movie era, who all want to be treated like Alphas while possessing none of the natural traits all project themselves onto Harry, does nothing, is not strong physically, hasn't been to war, but is the specialest of special snowflakes because "childhood trauma" this gives a chance to every person to believe they can be special, hard work free, because of things that happened to them in their childhood, thats the beauty of childhood, you never remember what happened, you can be a lazy sack of shit and imagine someone raped you as a kid making you more feelzy and special on the inside that the Chad who hits the gym daily, this is also why many liberals don't like action movies, they can't project themselves onto the protagonist cuz he's buff, you need to give them a character who's special, for pretty much no reason other than trivial disney reasons, to stir their feels.

Then you got fucking Ron, he snatches the girl, did I mention theres the cute nerdy gamer girl there too? Perfect, everyone who reads this shit will project their spirit into one of these 2 cunts, or the girl (if you're a girl or mentally ill) so everyone is either, an amazing special boy for no reason other than MUH LOTTERY, another who's got the girl (another lifetime bucket list goal for your beta virgin) or the cutie everyone wants.

Liberals are obsessed by these books because liberals are mentally ill. Harry potter speaks to them on a sub-conscious level.

Argument related.
youtube.com/watch?v=BlIrmHOfeA8

>basically calls out the dwarves (jews) for being selfish, covetous backstabbers that almost ruin middle earth with their greed

i dunno sounds pretty redpilled tee-bee-8ch

It's less liberals being obsessed with them as certain conservatives calling them witchcraft and demanding they be burned.

Swedish evangelicals was also against Pokemon. I have not heard anyone condemning Pokemon Go though.

Enslaving all the cute free things and making them fight is a symbol of liberalism?

I love this timeline!

because liberals all suffer from arrested development.

What I don't understand is why they all love Syltherin, the supposed "Nazis" they like to rail on about.
Is it because it's cool to be the bad guy, wear their uniforms, and talk like them? But ABSOLUTELY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS IT OKAY YOU FUCKING RACIST.

Do liberals have nature evil inclinations or are they being fucked up by evil beyond their control?

I don't remember any liberal propaganda when reading the books as a kid.
That hack Rowling retconned some stuff when she jumped aboard the leftist bandwagon recently, that's why they're suddenly obsessed with them.

Can confirm everything I said is true because I read all the books as a kid and I've grown up to be very analytical, nothing i said is based on guessing or feels.

What do you expect from one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises though.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Are you an Arab?

They aren't. Young people are obsessed with Harry Potter because they grew up with it. Young people are disproportionately liberal.

Fucking hell. Some anons will spend hours making up some convoluted rationalization of their own political beliefs about the simplest shit.

>symbols of liberalism
>teaching kids satanism
I don't see any contradiction there

>8th grade

Back in gradeschool they would have labels on library books tht would tell you what grade reading level the books were. I believe the earlier hp books had a 4-5th grade reading level, they maybe topped out at a 6th-7th grade reading level for the later, edgy books but never 8th grade+

escapism sometimes equals running away from facts but not always.

I like escapism because reality is too harsh at times. maybe that's what libruls are thinking as well but they are doing it for totally different reasons.

Honestly I don't think most people who critize Harry Potter understand it's supposed to be for kids. I read them as a kid and today I can still enjoy them for what they are; mystery books.

If you read philosopher stone and can't appreciate anything you need to loosen up. If I'm not mistaken I think the first chapter is from Vernon's point of view which has no idea about wizards and shit and he can't fathom why he seems to get stalked by weirdos in robe-like get ups and he doesn't know that he's fostering a famous wizard kid.

Or in CoS where they have a wizard obsessed with normal humans and how their society works establishing that most wizards are completely ignorant of the normal human world.

It's mostly just fun to immerse yourself in as a kid and you can still appreciate the books as an adult.

the fuck you call me bitch ASS nigger i will fuck yuo up fight me IDIOT

spoilers: liberals secretly want to oppress everyone around them

Read the series the 3rd grade.

Well at least we know they don't like 40K
themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/

>Literally in a society where everyone only wakes up to war on every front
>If you're not raped by Chaos worshippers, killed by robots, eaten by an invading hivemind, torn aparts by orks, or mind controlled by space communists you'll probably be killed by your own government for not praying to a dead guy on a golden toliet
>They think gender representation needs to be addressed

Because Christians aren't allowed to learn about witchcraft

never read a single one of these faggot books.

Sup Forums at its most predictable.

>If it's not Ayn Rand it's sjw liberal bullshit.

Ugly bitch can't write for shit. I don't like Harry Potter at all, but Jesus fucking Christ on a goddamn wooden leg, guys. Crack open something that's not The Turner Diaries or Mein Kramp

because the bullied person really IS the special snowflake and defeats all Nazis.

>The good/evil dichotomy in LOTR is extremely realistic and down to earth,
Is this a fucking joke? Morgoth is literally elf satan

>caring this much

>I've grown up to be very analytical, nothing i said is based on guessing or feels

kek, so much autism

They're probably the only books liberals have read.

most likely this

they don't even read their shitty cultural studies books. They just memorize the slides of their professors, take note of their political views and make shit up as they go whilst fitting to their profs' political views to get a good grade.

J-Julis Evola's poetry..?

>Brian Jacques
I was so sad when he died. Literally LOTR, Redwall, and Series of Unfortunate Events will be the first books my kids read.

GAS THE MUDBLOODS

RACE WAR NOW!!!

Because leftists have no culture or know nothing of their real culture so they glob onto pop culture like ARYY POTTA

I haven't seen Harry Potter movies or read any of the books. Now I was drug to Fantastic beasts and made the conclusion that liberals relate to the secret world aspect in these movies. I'm having a bad time putting it into words at stop lights, but my point is they cling to the child like secret magic world were they power over everyone and easily accomplish mundane tasks.

Because the wizard class is the best metaphor for how libs see themselves. A class of kind hearted people with super powers protecting the gullible weak masses from the powerful, racist evil man and his followers. In the real world this is the class of opinion makers in the media and academia, who have "selflessly" taken it upon themselves to steer the normies where they want in order to protect them from the evil powerful men who command untold power behind the scenes (don't forget we live in a white cishet patriarchy).

(((rand))), don't read anything written by a jew, woman /nu male

The funny part is that it absolutely is. Every guard regiment is mixed gender unless otherwise stated. The only real reason you don't see female Guard more often is because GW is cheap as fuck with their sculpts. The guardsman squad you can buy right now has been the same sculpt for more than 15 years.

That and people would probably get pissed if women are shown to get raped, mulched, and set on fire all at the same time, constantly.

he's not an elf you fucking simpleton

Liberals are manchildren obsessed with 'muh morals', so it's an easy read for them.

>Liberals believe in magic.
Most people who believe in God also believe in magic (which they consider evil).

There's a number of reasons.
For starts, here in the states, this was a very popular target for Baptists/Baptist-influenced churches. It was stigmatized much in the same way that DnD was stigmatized by them. A lot of kids read the first two books, got taken in by the magical whimsy of them, and then had them taken away by their parents because preacher man got a little carried away with his (self)righteous indignation. They were still able to check them out from their school libraries, naturally, but this might have downright started them down that anti-religious path.

No. Just, no. He was a fascist mystic. All of the bullshit of Rowling, plus autism.

the are for babies

liberals are mentally babies

go to /vp/ and tell me they arent cucked into a new eternity

Was waiting for this.