news.sky.com/story/mps-approve-triggering-of-article-50-10760707

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=baF199mVPzw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love British weather.

DRAMPF IS DONE

>implying the Lords won't block it
GG

>implying the Lords will go against the Queen and the referendum.

this
it was fun watch him crash and BERN

Oh they'll find a way believe me. We're not out of the woods yet.

>check[d
we can't let this darn man get the nuke coedes!

youtube.com/watch?v=baF199mVPzw

i don't understand your wonky system. do they have any actual power?

It's not weather. It's eternal grey.

>Samefag

No, he's being misleading desu. The Lords can delay bills for up to a year, but not block them altogether.

I think they blocked 3 acts during Cameron's government. One was benefits cuts to disabled people, another was an act to pwn trade unions and change the way workers pay for them and can't remember what the third was.

But yeah, if they're willing to reject minor stuff you can bet your right testicle they will block something as big as this because plebs don't know how to pick the right choices so the noble men of the land need to oversee them

Stop replying to yourself. You should have been genocided

> triggering approved

Really? So where's the cuts to disabled benefits and the rule that would force a 51% turnout before unions could call industrial action?
I don't see them anywhere. Well, looks like the Lords BLOCKED THEM

>dat get
>dat news
congrats britbros

i hope you guys can get this brexit thing going. the eu is a pansy ass nanny state. it's ruined europe and whored you all out to globalists and shitskins. europe was only good because of white people, let's face it.

>biting such low quality bait
I expected more americans

mass triggering ensues

so why the lords dont have as much power as parliament? Because they are white anglosaxon males?

Who cares - I bet that Tory MP was right, immigration will never be lowered. The primary purpose of the vote will never be realised - it'll be the ultimate hollow victory, even if it isn't purposefully undermined in its implementation by a government that doesn't want it and doesn't have the will to fight it through tooth and blood and claw.

The prime hope is the EU pushing so hard against it in such a way the right wing resurgence across the continent pushes others to leave and we can watch it crumble with our meager Brexit-with-high-immigration participation trophy comfortable at least that we dealt the blow that bled the beast.

History and regular abuse from the commons.

The Lords don't have as much power as the Commons because it has been gradually reduced through several bills over the past 200 years. As they are an unelected body if they were to block a bill that was passed by the elected House of Commons that would be undemocratic.

As it stands, they are a house that simply amends bills and can block them for up to a year, I believe.

Praise be to Kek.

THINGS

THEY'LL ONLY GET BETTER