Brazil, forget The Purge is Mad Max time

90% of the police stations in Rio in strike and more to join soon.

90% of Rio de Janeiro police stations are on strike, civilian police say
>Government of Luiz Fernando Pezão (PMDB) has not submitted a proposal to the striking police officers
>Civil police officers from the state of Rio de Janeiro, who declared a strike on January 20, still have no date to return to work on a regular basis. About 90% of the police stations are functioning in a partial way, attending only occurrences of greater gravity, according to the Coalition of Civil Police (Colpol - RJ).
>The police Idelbrando Saraiva, a member of the strike committee, says that the category is united. "Massive membership of the strike is the result of a union between the Civil Police Coalition, the Civil Police Union, the Union of Civil Police Delegates, the Association of Experts and the Association of Papilionoscopists. It was surprising how even the district and specialized police stations managed to paralyze the non-essential activities of the civil police, "he explains.
Translation: translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.brasildefato.com.br/2017/02/07/90-das-delegacias-do-rio-de-janeiro-estao-em-greve-afirmam-policiais-civis/&edit-text=&act=url
Original link: brasildefato.com.br/2017/02/07/90-das-delegacias-do-rio-de-janeiro-estao-em-greve-afirmam-policiais-civis/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.oglobo.globo.com/rio/boato-pm-do-rio-desmente-mensagens-sobre-greve-20888370
noticiasaominuto.com.br/justica/224791/pcc-cresce-e-ja-tem-bases-na-argentina-peru-colombia-e-venezuela
novo.gazetaonline.com.br/noticias/cidades/2017/02/policia-federal-de-olho-em-quem-espalha-boatos-nas-redes-sociais-1014022256.html
sendvid.com/1fd88l9p
video-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t43.1792-2/16461362_1098793163566307_6071568513556807680_n.mp4?efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9oZCJ9&oh=cde40f8085fe6030d75e892481c40787&oe=589BC6B8
twitter.com/EmbraturNews/status/829057304863576065
twitter.com/otariano/status/828453008711286784
politicaloutsource.com/2017/02/death-toll-now-75-in-espirito-santo.html
politicaloutsource.com/2017/02/police-go-on-strike-in-brazil-cities.html
veja.abril.com.br/galeria-fotos/imagens-do-dia-07-de-fevereiro-3/
imdb.com/title/tt1555149/
youtube.com/watch?v=uBiMPnh08a4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I-i hope they're ok...

Fake news
m.oglobo.globo.com/rio/boato-pm-do-rio-desmente-mensagens-sobre-greve-20888370

Btw guys, thr people on ES said they are "a collective without a leader" (coletivo sem líder), aka yet another movement organized bt leftist scum to fuck with the people

Sauce on "a collective without a leader"?
I saw a lot of leftists on twitter shilling with the "this is how LGBT+, women and blacks feel everyday even with the police on the streets..." on twitter and facebook. Not even heard of a movement being created

we're at the beginning of the Mad Max timeline

are hue's dead? there's almost no threads about this

Mate, none of us are.
noticiasaominuto.com.br/justica/224791/pcc-cresce-e-ja-tem-bases-na-argentina-peru-colombia-e-venezuela

novo.gazetaonline.com.br/noticias/cidades/2017/02/policia-federal-de-olho-em-quem-espalha-boatos-nas-redes-sociais-1014022256.html
Security Minister saying that now they'll monitor social media for people """spreading rumours and fake news to spread panic""""

>Be state
>Have police strike or just not paid
>Policeman killed himself and streamed cause was not paid for 3 months
>People are scared
>People post about how scary things are on social media
>Threat to prosecute people for spreading rumours and make people scared
MFW

There have been quite a few, but they always max out and die and no one bothers to make a new one

what are hue people's thoughts about the police now? they are justified in striking to get a pay raise or they are total cunts?

They could've made a partial strike, violence would rise a bit but it wouldn't get to this point
By now they're being responsible for the deaths of good people

My brother is in Rio right now. He arrived 2 days ago and will be there for 2 weeks.

Will he be okay?

fucking rip

Lol fuck no
He better get to the airport before flights get cancelled

that nigga DEAD

Rio sounds dangerous enough for tourists under normal circumstances, no idea what will happen with no police

LMAO THE GOVERNOR JUST GOT BTFO

Brazil is a deathmatch warzone, why would anyone in sane mind come to Brazil?

Are you guys trolling me? He sent me pictures yesterday and it looked fine.

He is already abducted and they forced him to take that picture.
I hope you can pay the ransom.

It's all fun and games until you get shot for $5 and a phone.

Espirito Santo's accumulated potential chimpout energy is literally (not figuratively) nothing compared to Rio's. There has yet to be a larger concentration of negros and degeneracy in this country. If I was anywhere near that city and state, I would fucking run now.

I guess it depends.
Rio police are not on strike. the government just are fucking they over. Today a part of the december wage was paid (not all, just a part of the payment that should be paid in december)

The Espirito Santo families are selfish cunts imo. But the state is at fault too.
The media says everything is fine.
The longest reports are only 15 min on cable news, Globo News, and say everything is fine and people are scared for fake news.

Ask him user, would be great to have a foreigner account of that.
The Rio Governor was deposed today for campaing irregularities. But he can fight that on court.
Policing is minimal at best, but NOT ON STRIKE

In all seriousness, tell him to be updated on whether the strike is set to happen every hour. If it is confirmed, don't wait for the sunset and g e t t h e f u c k o u t

Are there any good sites to see updates of what's happening? Not official news sites but blogs etc. Even LiveLeak only has a few vids up so far

Espírito Santo is a fairly small state, and it was always known for its unusually high rate of violence(which was reported to be decreasing just last month, sadly)

military police is not being paid properly on Rio, but there's no real threat of a strike.

everywhere else, things are """""""""fine""""""""", as in, we're not in a fucking Robocop-tier dystopia.

>Are there any good sites to see updates of what's happening?
Not in English.

>we're not in a fucking Robocop-tier dystopia
not yet...

Jesus. How do you fuck up so hard?
Police pay has to be the last possible thing you cut if you want a functioning society.

where in Rio is he staying?

My brother went to Rio in January and he said it was amazing just how much better everything was there compared to the last time we went there(about 10 years ago), both in general infrastructure and safety. He said he felt absolutely safe wandering around the streets after midnight, something pretty much unheard of in any city in Brazil, no matter the place.

But of course, if your brother decides to fuck around near favelas, he's in much more danger.

Just tell him to not get culturally enriched and go to nice places.

your answer is >brazil

sendvid.com/1fd88l9p
People stocking eggs. The whole thing ended in 10 seconds.
Only cable news. MSM is silent as fuck

i found this video quite interesting, if anyone have the will to translate it

video-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t43.1792-2/16461362_1098793163566307_6071568513556807680_n.mp4?efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9oZCJ9&oh=cde40f8085fe6030d75e892481c40787&oe=589BC6B8

Meanwhile on the airport:

twitter.com/EmbraturNews/status/829057304863576065

He showed me pictures, it looked quite upperclass, I have no idea where exactly though.

whats going in there? hard to tell if its a celebration or demonstration. also isnt carnival a couple of weeks away still?

The ministry of turism post it on the official twitter, they are shilling for turism yesterday
Today 6 blocks cancelled a lot.
Tourists generally arrive with 2 to 3 weeks before

He's dead.

is Carnival worth going to?

first pol brazilian shill?
you know most mainstream are covering this up...or ligthly talking about it

If you're suicidal.

>if you want a functioning society

What is social unrest to usher in communism? Who is Soros?

twitter.com/otariano/status/828453008711286784
They are shooting random ppl just for the lulz topkek

If the olympic water isn't green everything is going to be a-okay.

Murder tourism when?

Old news: politicaloutsource.com/2017/02/death-toll-now-75-in-espirito-santo.html

That night was CRAZY
OP of the first thread just had discovered Sup Forums and 5 posts later he BTFO cause it was making him go insane and he was freaking out for his family

You don't need any gunz guise. The police will protect you.

some nice footage here too

This is ES's situation right NOW

And some people say it is not happening

The police in Brazil are hardly worth what they're paid to begin with

Honestly surprised it's taken this long for the situation to spiral further

So, fellow HUEs, is Brazil on the verge of collapse/civil war/coup ?

Or is it just the birth of a temparoray AnCap utopia ?

the motorcycle cops are badass executioners though

>ancap utopia
>cant buy guns for self-defence

What the fuck are you talking about, our police is great. The fact they are citizens that risk their lives daily for the sake of others already makes them deserve much more than 700 dollars per month.

Just a regular day.

Not today - Veja Image Gallery yesterday.

veja.abril.com.br/galeria-fotos/imagens-do-dia-07-de-fevereiro-3/

But yeah, ES is in shit

So, should I blame Trump?

Sounds like the criminals have plenty somehow anyway

regular police?They're being paid pennies though, they're at least worth that.

the elite squads like BOPE/GATE and what have you are fucking badasses though, to the point of being scary. They're probably also paid pennies and they deserve more.

The issue in brazil isn't exactly the police being inept, is the crime being absurdly rampant and corruption seeping into every branch of our government.

Watch the movie Elite Squad. It's a great movie if you're in Sup Forums, but the second one is the really great stuff.

imdb.com/title/tt1555149/

It does a decent job giving an idea of what exactly makes this country so fucking terrible despite all the potential it has.

they are brazilian criminals of fucking course they do

I asked some friends from Vitoria how they were dealing with this shit, and they told me there had been a shootout a few minutes ago near their place. They also told me their neighbor had been killed last Sunday. God fucking dammit.

Niggs shit is getting worse by the day
watch these

if they're really not getting paid, it's the governments fault. even if your country is doing shit financially, police are among the first who should be paid. I dont see how they are under any obligation if they cant make a living.

I dunno man, if it was an easy solution I'd tell you

The police are inept. It might be due to understaffing, underfunding, or another undetermined issue, but that's just the way it is. Corruption seeps into every branch of your government, and the police departments are one of them.

Do I think police who are doing their job correctly and are in it to help their communities deserve extra pay? Yes.
Do I think that police officers that are being used as a tool by the people perpetrating the rampant corruption in Brazil deserve extra pay? No.

Just paying the police more wouldn't fix anything, that's why I'm surprised it's taken so long for this shit to get even worse.

This is just one favela in Rio, and they are unrestrained now.
youtube.com/watch?v=uBiMPnh08a4

Jungle South America was a mistake. Just build a wall and ignore it.

alright, so you're talking about the police as a government institution, not "the police" as in "police officers".

How is the government supposed to prosecute people with the police on strike?

Their goernment doesnt do shit at this point. The only thing they do is suppress the major news channels from reporting on this.

While globo is a piece of shit, The Policia Militar official facebook page published a note saying the internet rumor is just that.

Pezão is about to be persecuted as well.

Oh man... Don't get me started, our federal police is not on strike.
Also there's been a pretty recent scandal about congress police who only defends the interest of congress sometimes even against other police institution or branches of government. Like removing bugs placed on suspects by other oplice institution cause suspects are congressman
Deep marxist shit going on here

Shit even I didn't know they were like that. I live at the SOuth and it's much better. I went to the US for 2 weeks and honestly the difference between Orlando and Florianópolis (Santa Catarina) exists, but it's not that fucking big, I'd say we are doing pretty good here in the South

The only thing Orlando had going for it in comparison to Floripa was wider streets/walkways and the fact all services sort of had better quality. Also more security obviously.

Well, yeah.

The average police officer is probably trying to do their job. But when your superiors are hopelessly fucked up and snitching on your co-workers means you get shot, what can you do.

That's not to say they dindu nuffin tho, at the end of the day if it's all going down the shitter and the police can't help, they're not doing their job.