Beer & Progressive Politics

Why do craft beer enthusiasts tend to be leftist Bernie people? I enjoy going to local breweries and trying all their different beers, but the crowds that they attract annoy me.

Almost half the cars in the parking lot of the last brewery I visited had Bernie bumper stickers.

Because they think microbrews are culture

They don't your just surrounded by young people who tend to be lefties

Because they are oppressed victims that are fighting in the face of the fascist macro brewery global corporations.

they want to feel like samuel adams.

They just need an excuse to justify their alcoholism as "culture." Right wingers just guzzle cheap beer, wine, or whiskey after a long day at work.

I'd do that, but I truly do enjoy "craft" beer. It's not that much more expensive than macrobrews and it's fun to try new brews.

I noticed this too. I go out to all the tap houses during Beer Week in San Francisco and it's either a bunch of far-left punk rockers or hipsters.

The beer is fantastic, though.

>San Francisco

Gee, I wonder why you're surrounded by hipsters. Here in Wisconsin, all the Sconnie breweries have people of all kinds visiting, not just scummy hipsters.

SF is the only place that serves such beers around here, unless you travel to Rionito. Even that bar is filled with hipsters. Shit, I went to some sandwich shop in the middle of farmsville and out comes hipsters and looking like they came straight out of /fa/ or Lookbook circa 2011. Even with a Bordeaux in his hand.

Also, SF does have some non-liberal areas, though they're a perpetual life of Sinfeld wearing Henley's or sports track tops.

How autistic do you have to be that you can't enjoy a beer if you are outside of your ideological hugbox?

Underrated

You have to drink red pilled beer OP

Rodenbach, Duvel and Vlaamsche Leeuw are red pilled beers

Same situation here
But its probably because I live in Boone NC

All these craft beers are just piss drinks with too much hop

Stop being an asshole. That should help.

You start to notice a pattern. No need to project.

Duvel is a bit expensive. I bought a $10 bottle and thought it was OK. I love Delerium Tremens, though. It's delicious, but it's $6 for a pint can.

That's why I only go to distilleries. Tastings of hard liquors tend to ward off all the hipsters even in the #feelthebern areas.

>red pilled beer
>belgium

sure

Idk In Colorado a lot of microbrew guys are Libertarians

>San Francisco
I think I found the problem.

Drinking destroys brain cells.

I really only drink local craft beers, not because I care about the culture or fucking supporting local businesses, but Florida has some of the best beer that people all over the country pay to have shipped to them and I have the convenience of walking into any store and buying

If you drink to get shitfaced then yes you destroy brain cells

they view it as safe masculinity. they aren't allowed to banter in any meaningful way, they don't work out or play sports or do manual labor, they don't fight and probably don't fuck very often, they don't hunt or fish, so they have to latch on to reddit tier masculinity of beer and bacon and beards to compensate while they strut around in their redwings and raw denim and 90 dollar flannel shirts sipping 12 dollar beers.

You nailed it dude. It does hit a bit close to home though.

this is the reason. Conservatives have got sand in their vaginas.

Microbrews are the equivalent of special snowflake pronouns.
"Hurr, Im too special too enjoy the beer brands millions of people know and like, I only drink [random microbrew that tastes exactly the same as some big brand beer]."

yeah I'm somewhat speaking from past experience

We lost SF about 10 years ago.