Will the Obamacare penalty be in place on April 15th, 2017 for the 2016 tax year? I owe over $1...

Will the Obamacare penalty be in place on April 15th, 2017 for the 2016 tax year? I owe over $1,000 for not have insurance.

Yeah I'm hoping it's gone too.

I use turbo tax and at the point where you are about to eat the penalty is asks if you can afford insurance.

For two years now, I click no, and it takes it off.

Once they implement Rand Paul's Bill all past and future penalty for the individual mandate will be gone.

We need to pay pressure Congress and Trump for this Bill

Nice. I wouldn't pay it either way.

But did you get a check in the mail for a refund? The IRS can easily say, "no, you're wrong...you could afford it" and keep your refund.

Well last year I wasnt married and I always line my taxes up properly so I owed them $97.
This year I owed $1400 for the insurance penalty, wiped it off and got back $1090

Maybe, if you didn't have insurance last year, then I'd hold off on filing your taxes and see what Congress does

>Well last year I wasnt married and I always line my taxes up properly so I owed them $97.

Smart. 2016 I tried to set it up so I owed less than $1,000 (thus no penalties or interest would be required, ignoring the Obamacare penalty). I was targeting to owe $500 (right in the middle). According to 2015 rates, I was going to owe $900. I ended up being owed a refund of $150 for 2016, so maybe taxes went down or something. But with the Obamacare penalty I'll owe about $1,000, and no refund. I won't pay the penalty (since they can't sue or garnish wages for that alone, etc.), but I won't get a refund if it holds.

>This year I owed $1400 for the insurance penalty, wiped it off and got back $1090

Hopefully that will work then. I don't know if that will work for the 2016 tax return though. We'll see.

Had an exemption every year prior, suddenly they want $750... hopefully the EO holds or they simply resolve it before April.

Thought the deadline was Jan 31, 2017 at midnight

I think the 2016 tax year they became more stringent about it.

>hopefully the EO holds or they simply resolve it before April

There is no EO on the penalty. It very vague - 'will provide relief', etc. I don't see how it will be resolved if it doesn't by the next week or two. People are filing their taxes and will be receiving their refunds 2-8 weeks after filing (depending if they do an ACH or get mailed a check).

Deadline for what? Trump can write an EO saying "no more penalty" anytime he wants.

>suddenly they want $750

If that's solely for the ACA penalty, you can ignore it. They will still say you owe it, but they can only go after your refunds; can't garnish wages or file a lawsuit.

>If that's solely for the ACA penalty, you can ignore it. They will still say you owe it, but they can only go after your refunds; can't garnish wages or file a lawsuit.
Thanks for the advice Rabbi.

Shalom, goy. That'll be 5,000 shekels.

Oy vey, his 25,000 shekels are owed to me, not you!

20,000? What you want 15 for? I don't have 7! You owe me 5!

I owe you 7? Are you a goy? I think you're going to have to pay 1000000 shekels in damages for this. That's right, 250000000 shekels.

Oy vey! My lawyer, Haim Goldstein, will hear about this! Now you owe 20% interest, plus 500.

It will be in place I think. Its too close to do anything about this year.

I think you might be right, unfortunately. Fucking shitty Trump isn't EO'ing this shit out this year.

If you do that I'll blow up Triple Parentheses industries, goy!

Same had it through work for like 9 months. Clicked all 12 as costing too much. And it did.

>FUCKING NIGGER I NEED SURGERY AND CANT GET CUZ I AM PAYING FOR ILLEGALS. FUCK I WANT THE STREETS TO RUN RED THEIR FUCKING BLOOD.