Why is gentrification depicted a bad thing?

It's the only non-violent, legal way of cleaning up inner city ghettos.

Why is the left, who is often raised in the middle class family and in fact is the beneficiary of gentrification, often eagerly oppose it?

t. non-burger

self hatred and indoctrination

As soon as artists can't afford to live in a place, that place will quickly turn into a White Anglo/Saxon Nightmare. It's practically a law of nature.

>Why is the left, who is often raised in the middle class family

LOL.

White flight = bad
Gentrification = bad

Don't you get it yet goy?

Because muh poor people live there and can't afford to move

Williamsburg is so gentrified, all the white hipsters took it over and built beer gardens, Fairways, and music halls

It's great. Brooklyn and Queens may be cleaned up in my lifetime.

>Condoburgburg

because liberals absolutely hate whites

Anything that makes white suffer = good
Anything that is civilization winning over savagery = bad

Gentrification is literally just white flight again, this time back into the cities. The logic goes, white people moving back into cities and turning all the crack houses and run down tenements into candle shops, yoga studios, and art galleries makes the rent price increase since the neighborhood isn't shit anymore, which makes it impossible for black people to live there since blacks are poor. It's important to note that the STATED narrative against gentrification is "white people driving blacks from their homes" when it's literally "white people turning squatter heroin dens into french bakeries" and the TACIT implication is "black people turned the neighborhood to shit and white people fix it by running out the blacks"

Jews. The answer is always the Jews.

>Condoburgburg

lel there's literally a neighborhood in Albany, NY that was full of heroin dens and got demolished to build a new bar scene

people who dont own their place of residence are subject to rent increases (except if the municipality imposes rent controls).

So if someone moves into an apartment. They put up all their trinkets and nice things, paint the walls and dress it up just the way they want it. That place is their home. They dont own it, but its their home, and they get pushed out of it. Thats why people oppose it.

However, idgaf. Its not your property, you rent it or lease it, deal with it.

Handful of rich people buy up property and build large condos with tax breaks and so on. Drives up property values. People that lived there on lower income cant afford to live in new condos and cant afford the increased rent due to property tax values shooting through the roof - all due to few rich people making deals to build condos in areas that werent zoned for them originally.

Small businesses stop getting the foot traffic and locals from the people in the area that were forced to move. Starbucks, 7/11 etc move nearby for the new trendy condos and richer people. Small coffee shops and mom and pops close up and forced to move.

You have now displaced entire communities and shut down shops that were there for decades so rich people can get richer when you could have given tax credits for housing improvements (new siding/windows/etc) and improved the neighbourhood organically.

Also, in many areas, youll notice they get historical tax breaks by retrofitting older buildings - cut the front bricking off and paste it onto new condo's first few levels and it will count.

Finally, the poor poeple just migrate to poorer areas, so you end up with worse conditions and create slums just to have a slightly prettier water front or area near a park or whereever this gentrification took place.

Personally, I dont care. Fuck poor people.

And that's why nogs should move out of the city. Because it's an unsustainable lifestyle for them

It's not a joke. Most of the lefties I have seen have good education and upbringing. It seems their little adolescent rebellion carries over to their twenties.

I've watched my community which has existed for almost 1000 years get dismantles before my very eyes.
The houses and flats knocked down and luxury semi detached's spring up and fill with people who can't even speak a word of english.

Dismantled*

I guess rent rise is a reasonable reason. It's just another "little people getting fucked by rich capitalist" narrative then.

Yeah most lefties come from UPPER middle to upper class families. I think you may be a little over privileged and under aged. Back to reeeddddit plz

most of the young, left-leaning, """hipster""" (for a lack of a better term) residents in brooklyn like williamsburg, bushwick, etc are transplants from westchester, long island, and other parts of the country

they all have a mom + dad who have comfy jobs, had everything they ever wanted and more, and did not attend a school in the ghetto. they had access to glitter to make their rainforest dioramas in grade 3

this applied to almost all whites and asians there, and even the latinos and blacks if we're honest

Gentrification means no niggers

>white people and their money are leaving us, wtf i hate white people now!
>white people and their money are moving in with us, wtf i hate white people now!

Its bad because it just pushes the problem around rather than solve it.

Get rid of non-whites and it wouldn't even be an issue.

People make an assload of money buying up land after their "beloved" brown people run that same land into the fucking toilet. Here's a shitty example.

>Land is full of happy, working whites
>Land is full of nice houses, and jobs
>Land gets invaded by subhumans
>Land starts to turn
>Happy whites no longer safe, or happy
>Whites leave
>subhumans get a lot of the land via gibs
>subhumans run it into the fucking ground
>Detroit.jpg
>subhumans forced to leave due to more crime than they're even used to
>subhumans have to vacate properties because it's unsafe
>Jews buy the entire city
>Jews mow most everything down for new aged commieblocks
>Jews now own it all, and make a ton of cash
>subhumans are taken to wherever the Whites moved
>Repeat

Gentrified areas are usually soulless and full of shitty yuppies who think they're hip, tough and free spirited for living in a new apartment building in a place that used to be shit

It's all fine and dandy till the rich Chinese makes it unaffordable for everyone.

honestly I had the same reaction.

I remember I was 12-13 and I was in the car with my dad, and it was on the radio or something and they were talking about gentrification.... I had to ask to know what it was cause I had no idea.

My reaction, was "that sounds great, new buildings, expansion, city is growing, its not their property anyway, so who gives a fuck"

he agreed, while giving me the look like "just dont say that to family friends / neighbors etc...".
and gave me the tl;dr response, "ya but poor people live there".
He's really bad at playing devil's advocate

/personalBlog

this

gentrification only makes room for hipster cunts and college kids, not muh white conservative family units

I'll concur with this. I have a cousin in NYC who refers to these people as the "trustfundians" because most don't even seem to work. They just hang out in the middle of the day enjoying their post-college "New York" experience. They seem oblivious to the fact that people are actually from NYC and truly live there.

You see the affect of these people in the media. All of the interns at the major outlets and stations, and several of the younger staff are actually these "trustfundians" who have started to get serious about life. The older crowd who have some sway over our culture are listening to these people like they're the voice of a generation. The rest of the country outside of college campuses and hipster enclaves is pretty mainstream and boring.

new york is such a shithole if i had a job p much anywhere else id be outta here real fucking quick

Build a seawall

Because real estate is just a speculation circle jerks full of shit tier construction and shiesty assholes. Furthermore, it generally consumes low cost housing inventory which fucks most young people as they can typically only afford the low rung.

I love visiting NYC but there's no way I'd want to live there. Now that I'm one of those...adults...and money is important, NYC doesn't seem like a very good bargain.

Gentrification is the best because it forces out the niggers and drug addled fucks of inner-city areas, relegating them to the shit outskirts where they belong.

because gentrification means poor milleneials with their starbucks jobs and unpaid internships can no longer afford the neighbourhood

take it from me, I'm a leaf, we don't even have blacks in vancouver and gentrification is pushing working class whites/millenials farther and farther out of town, it's all chinese money launderers knocking down buildings to build luxury condos no one can afford or micro condos no one can live in

Is it a good idea for a young single man to buy a house for cheap at one of these poor neighborhoods? There are some 2 bedroom houses in an area near me that I could get for 70-90k. It's like 95% white but crime is higher than average apparently.

I was thinking it might be better than renting an apartment for $900 a month and I could always just sell the house after a few years if I want to move and get most of my money back.

Even if I lose a few thousand from the sale, I'd probably still come out better than renting an apartment for that time.

Tired of living with parents.

>> There are some 2 bedroom houses in an area near me that I could get for 70-90k

must be nice, you can barely get a house for under a mil where I am

Do some research into the areas, try and find out which way the city will go.

Try and be somewhere near a train station, because as the city gets built up and people get pushed out, they'll have to make transport time a bigger priority to minimise

Gentrification is genocide

There's not really any public transportation here to speak of. It's all freeways

If the people who lived there had their shit together and had actually bought their house then they'd find themselves coming into a lot of money come gentrification.
Dumbasses

I'm torn because I hate trust fund hipster faggots but I also hate how blacks are complaining when they ruined these IRISH, DUTCH AND ITALIAN neighborhoods first.

yes its nigger teir cause only hippies and faggots have been moving in. Now sage non NYC Sup Forumstrad and fuck off son. Thx

No idea then, find a good freeway?

Ghetto

>Why is the left, who is often raised in the middle class family
Wrong.
Left is mostly welfare leeches and elites.

cuz niggers feel entitled to everything, especially when they can't afford it.
cuckolds encourage and try to intellectually validate it.

Bushwick is getting better by the day and Bay Ridge/Sunset/park Slope will all be the same thing in a decade's time. Make NYC Great Again!

the same reason Sup Forums freaks out about refugees.

It's not a bad thin in principle, but those who complain about it are usually trust fund babies who are might as well emit an anti-nigger-housing field

>Small businesses stop getting the foot traffic and locals from the people in the area that were forced to move. Starbucks, 7/11 etc move nearby for the new trendy condos and richer people. Small coffee shops and mom and pops close up and forced to move.

BS. The Polish, Irish, Italian, and even the Puerto Rican communities are staying strong in the face of gentrification because they 1) were smart enough to buy and 2) aren't totally useless degenerates

That's not gentrification, that's your shitty welfare state valuing half-retarded foreigners over you

>rent increases
rent increases based on whether or not the neighborhood fixes up despite you paying consistently should be considered on par with usury

It's cute that you think landlords are rich when mortgages are basically the biggest debt the average person will shoulder in their lifetime.

when the people move in, the jews who own the building raise their rent on the people who live there essentially cutting them out of their own homes

I'm sure you had a coherent point to make, but you failed to write a coherent sentence.

Also, the last usury laws were repealed 40+ years ago by jimmy carter....

This is exactly the reason Elgar buys the house he does in The Landlord. Until he cucks some nig. Then cucks himself. But then it's cool again because he cucks some other nig woman.

So what about Greenpoint, Maspeth, and Ridgewood?

Do they have to be "cleaned up" to build trendy beer gardens and steampunk barber shops?

Because they're already on the gentrification chopping block, and its white middle class families that'll be affected.

Fuck gentrification and the real estate jews. Plenty of the neighborhoods they're "cleaning up" never had a crime problem to begin with.

Which is why (((they))) try harder every year to drive them out with arbitrary taxes, municipal laws/agencies, and introducing crime problems into the area (homeless shelters and diversity)