"the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

"the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

What did Jesus mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/Father-greater-I.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QQtMaJJUvZY
youtube.com/watch?v=gCA8mHCA6rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>everything

He is referring to the hierarchy of authority in the Godhead.

They are equal, but the Father has primacy.

/thread

>greater = equal
What?

The Prayer of One whose eyes are fixed on Heaven
Father, the hour has come; You have glorified me
and now I Glorify You by the work you gave to me
Bringing into all flesh truth of the Eternal God

You told me your name, and I gave it to everyone
You gave me your people, and they keep Your Word
What You have told me I give to all and they see
I pray for the souls who are of the Age of Truth

I am no longer of this world; I am coming Father
Keep everyone, who is of the Earth, in your Name

Context and original language is everything user.
Check out this verse: "Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

>into Greek

The word "great" means elder or larger and always implies respect due to the object being referred to.

You can see from this verse, if the greatest in the kingdom is the most humble, then God the Father must be the most humble of all time.

In John 13 Jesus speaks of servant hood and the how the servant isn't "greater" than his master. Jesus served his Father while on earth,
therefore His Father was greater.

Father > i

Ten seconds in Google
gotquestions.org/Father-greater-I.html

>1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

All men and women are sons and daughters of God. We are God, or a piece of him, but we are not God ourselves. We're not omniscient or omnipotent.

God or "the All" is the law of the universe, the mover, but also the universe is like him in all ways.

Duality was born out for God to experience himself and for a spectrum of binaries to bounce off each other.

This created the various realms, of which we are a part. This is why there are demons and angels, which are really just higher/lower dimensional beings.

God is pure good, but he created evil in order so as good could exist in kind. For one cannot know good without evil.

So we are all the same thing, the mind of God speaking to itself, but we must humble ourselves because we're not the greater All, merely a piece of it nowhere near the source realm.

Interesting. What about John 10:29:

"That which my Father hath given me, is greater than all: and no one can snatch them out of the hand of my Father."

Before the councils of Nicea and the subsequent Nicean creeds they were separate entities but one in purpose. Think power of attorney whereas it's as if it's the principal.

You still think the main character of JOHN'S gospel is Jesus?

His father is a great guy.

Spirit>Flesh

Jesus was the spirit made flesh. But the spirit is the pure, original form of God that pervades the Universe. In this way, God is greater than Jesus because God is spirit and not bound by the flesh.

DELET DELET DELET DELET

It's rather strange to see discussions about the nature of the Trinity.

As a now apostate former seminarian, it's like a letter from home

>You don't know what you're worshiping. We Jews know what we're worshiping, because salvation comes from the Jews.
what did jesus mean by this?

>God is greater than Jesus because God is spirit and not bound by the flesh.
Then what is Jesus in relation to God?

former Jesuit hopeful here, looking to knock up st. Thomas Indian catholic, produce some based children of God

Red pill me on the Trinity. Legit or contrivance?

Jesus is the physical, human incarnation of the spirit.

I AM A HUGE FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE

Another name for Senior and Junior is Greater and Lesser. So you could be the Greater Jeb Johnson while your son is the Lesser Jeb Bush. Jesus was clearly saying Father is Greater because he's the big daddy-o.

But does that mean Jesus = God or something else?

See

Legit if you're referring to the right one: The Father, the Mother and the Spirit

When I was a kid I always used to wonder what the fuck God looked like. I knew Jesus was just the Son, so was always like "who dis muthafucka who pulling the strings?"

>The Father, the Mother and the Spirit
wew
Go on. The Mother?! Like Mary?

Like Sophia

fpbp

Jesus was mad that Americans don't know the difference between "me" and "I" and was trying to teach to teach them something.

>Sophia
Super confused right now. You mean like Gnosticism or some other early church stuff?

Sup Forums is a Christian board!

>The mental hoops you have to jump through to agree with a bunch of bishops un-unanimously voted on the 4th century to settle a debate for political stability reason, and then you would die if you disagreed.

He's a prophet/messenger of God

Just like Moses, Abraham, Solomon, (Mohamed).

You get the picture.

>Pauline Christianity
Accidents happen. It's ok. It's not your fault.

no trinity

Jesus is God in the same way me talking to you on the telephone compared to me talking to you IRL. It's still you on the other end of the phone line. I can still hear your voice. The words you speak are your own. But to actually speak to each other IRL is far more genuine and real.

I like this philosophy. Is it hermetic , orthodox or gnostic?

Yes.
Here´s the right version of John 1:1:
In the beginning there was Sophia/the Word, and she went towards God, and they copulated/joined. And they were one in Creation, one at the commencement of all.

There is naught that can be unveiled that will not be known in the fullness of time

Kek wills it.

>(Mohamed).
Alright then. Quite the redpill you have there son. But it does make sense.

Fuckin leafs and gets i swear

What is your thoughts on Mohammedanism? Seems also pretty gnostic.

Completely false and counter to all 4 gospel accounts of his teaching.

He repeatedly left no question that he was claiming to be far more than a messenger. John the Baptist was a prophet. Jesus was the messiah, the son of God. He equated himself with God multiple times, including before the high priests. This is why the Jews killed him.

An almost perfected brainwashing of the masses. But Islam is inherently Semitic/Turkic, wouldn't triumph with saner races.
Though the upper circles of Islam know there's something up with the Black Stone at the K'aaba. It is a meteorite, after all: could be any type of matter produced in the galaxy we don't know of.
It is not widely known that the Black Stone was cut around the year 1000 by the Persians, who later returned it very diminished in size (the black stone used to be the height of a grown man according to eight and ninth century chronicles).

Thanks a lot mexibro.

I need a drink.

Oh looks like I've got another letter here for you sir.

Dear user,

You're a fag.

Love,
Home

It is important to remember that Muhammad's family was one of the privileged ones that had the unofficial/de facto title of Black Stone guardians.
Muhammad flirted with gnosticism (hence the Satanic Versicles) but he flirted with everything: Judaism to Nestorian Christianism. At the end, he only wanted to cultishly control the peregrination route to Meccah, that lead to an actually very strange object in nature. The peregrination route was established around 5 or 6 centuries before the birth of Muhammad I think.

That meteorite is the key to the puzzle. It truly could be anything because, like I said, if it wasn't, it wouldn't have been greatly cut up (and now so keenly preserved).

of the waters of life

>They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.

That's according to the 4 gospels .. which are basically the functional equivalent to Hadith but with a MUCH WORSE telephone pole problem.

At least the muslims demanded a strong corroboration and narration chain for any Hadith to have some merit or else there is lingering doubt.

NT reads like Hadith from only 4 dudes that sometimes line up and sometimes don't. Paul specifically has the Resurrection stuff in it. (Western Christianity today is Pauline Christianity IIRC).

Quran, on the other hand, reads more like earlier parts of the OT (which is to be expected).

It means we have to prepare before we kill God.

>ANOTHER GOD REJECTED

But muslims today don't give a shit about the stone itself. It is a nice relic tho. But utterly replaceable.

Shit, even the Kaaba itself is just stone that, if knocked down, would be rebuilt in, what 1 day? 2 days tops?

Shoot, you could destroy EVERY SINGLE COPY OF THE QURAN ON EARTH and it'd be fully reconstituted in short order from the millions (and millions) of people that have memorized so much of it down to the every syllable.

He meant our Dad is God and He is following his orders. Its like the President and the Commander of the armed forces.

IT MUST BE KNOWN THAT KEK IS THE TAD/POL/ OF THE CHRIST

>we are on the right track brothers

>of the waters of life

Is alcohol a sin?

It is one of the 5 Pillars of Faith, don't try to fool me. And like I said, it is brainwashing for the masses. Towards where do you point your fingers when you pray, may I ask?

Matthew 11:19
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds

>wisdom is proved right by her deeds
Judged by actions. Important to keep in mind.

Is the Trinity one of the best arguments FOR Christianity?

The fact that the super-natural being that is God is difficult to fully grasp seems more logical than any sort of easy peasy put together God such as Allah.

The mental gymnastics here are retarded. Logically its simple. God is perfect. We arent. He cant be with us cuz of that. So he sends his power of attorney Jesus to do what he cant while we are imperfect. Then when we are perfected in the atonement we go back to our Dad while recognizing it was only thanls to Jesus sacrificing to be half god on earth to make it work therefore he is our king as he is the gatekeeper..Magic spirit clouds are bullshit. So is the he is all three meme

Mohammed is shit. We cant return to god imperfectly. Hindus are smarter than them.

The black stone is one of the 5 pillars?

>chortle
>guffaw
>chuckle

>Christcucks
lame

I don't know how it is in Oz, but in Canada the idea of "I don't judge" prevails

Without judgement there can be no discernment, without discernment there can be no delineation of right and wrong

> God judges

we have been given this capacity too
this is the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
this is our responsibility

>also cheers my world away bro

Peregrinating to Meccah and yes, giving seven turns chanting around the fucking black stone Ahmed

Why didnt the Jews kill Jesus in a sneaky way? You would think they'd have gotten hold of every copy of the Bible and blamed Jesus' death on some random white psychopath and they would have edited the parts with the Jews to make them look better and maybe put in something about how Jesus oppressed 6 million of them.

No you scared, famished Julio Cezar Chavez.

Again: NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE STONE except frightened Evangelicals looking for anything to hold on to.

I dont judge is idiotic. Its contradictory to what jesus himself ala by your fruits you shall know. He was saying dont waste your time on a high horse and focus instead on improving yourself while being aware and protective against evil men. No wonder canadad gone to hell

Because jesus disciples fled into hiding in greece and other places you illiterate. The jews tried if you read at all about paul

Jesus was speaking as the earthly, human Jesus. Jesus was the fully human incarnation of one person of the trinitarian God.

Exactly how he says it. His dad is God. Different beings. Tri-cucks BTFO!!!

What if Jesus was just a trick by Satan to corrupt billions of people, and the entire physical expierence is just a matrix-esqe tormant Satan controls, and the only apostle that figured this out was Judas, and he was villified by Jesus and "Christians" because he sought to uncover the scheme?

youtube.com/watch?v=QQtMaJJUvZY

Islam the religion of slavers.

Enough of your blasphemies.

Ahh ... YOU'RE the ones who bought most of those slaves..
... Sold by African KANGS
... Shipped by Jewish merchants

how to understand this verse?

Psalm 82King James Version (KJV)

82 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

> Ye are gods

Catholic Church is a trick by Satanism not Jesus. Follow Jesus or follow Marxism.

OR MAYBE HE WAS A PROPHET LIKE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE REST!

So much simpler.

Jeeeezzz.. was that so hard?

>The fact that the super-natural being that is God is difficult to fully grasp seems more logical

No it doesn't. It shouldn't be that hard to grasp the existence of an intelligence, especially if that intelligence makes promises for the days to come. Yet it has been 2017 years and counting.

>any sort of easy peasy put together God such as Allah.

Just makes it worse by being child-like and overly authoritarian.

I now own the film rights to this idea.

Makes no sense. Jesus taught peace and healed the hopeless. Thats a trick? You famfic is too logic leamy. Like twilight Christianity

trinity destroyer verse?

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

if they are 3 person he would say

I and (the holy spirit) and my Father are one.

be he said

jesus + father = 1

I think it is something that should be explored. It explains the infighting between religions, and Christianity, plus evil, think about it.

So you admit slaving and still slaving to arich few. What a disgusting scientilogy for arabs con

jesus opened the cube for us (prison)

He's fast.

GOD/JESUS Time Clock and Our Time Clock

The Calculation Differences between our Time Clock and GOD/JESUS time clock ?

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight( Gods Sight ) are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3: 8 be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

1 Day To GOD/JESUS = 1000 Years To Us
12 Hours To GOD/JESUS = 500 Years To Us
6 Hours To GOD/JESUS = 250 Years To Us
3 Hours To GOD/JESUS = 125 Years To Us
1.5 Hours To GOD/JESUS = 62.5 Years To Us
45 Minutes To GOD/JESUS = 31.25 Years To Us
22.5 Minutes To GOD/JESUS = 15.625 Years To Us
11.25 Minutes To GOD/JESUS = 7.81 Years To Us
5.6 Minutes To GOD/JESUS = 3.90 Years To Us
2.8 Minutes To GOD/JESUS = 1.95 Years To Us
1.4 Minutes To GOD/JESUS = 0.97 Years To Us
48 Seconds To GOD/JESUS = 0.48 Years To Us
24 seconds = 0.24 Years
12 Seconds = 0.12 Years
6 Seconds = 0.06 Years
3 Seconds = 0.03 Years?

Humble bragging

The gospels affirm one another in message, and the Pauline and other letters further affirm the gospels. Christianity is coherent with both the OT and itself.

You're right that it's character and teachings are dramatically different than Mohammed's book. It's supplies a substantially different picture of God than the Jews had during Christ's time, or Mohammed's book offers. In particular, receiving the Holy Spirit and a new birth is a uniquely Christian concept.

There's no telephone pole problem with the Gospels unless you assume God limits himself to communicating with man through supernaturally dictated books of special pedigree. Christians take the NT gospel for what it is: (somewhat) independent traditional narratives about a man named Jesus, who spoke about a kingdom coming to earth, salvation attainable through following him, a necessary sacrifice of his life for ours, his resurrection to Lordship and judgment of mankind, and the spread of his kingdom through the Holy Spirit and resurrection of the dead on the last day. Each book is written by men telling their story as they remember it (or as it was told to them by someone who personally remembered it more likely). Christians don't need a "verified" book, we have a bible and the Holy Spirit that fill our needs quite well, if we are willing to use them.

Jesus did not come to give us more of the same (a "new and improved" OT, like Mohammeds book). He came to fulfil the prophesies of the OT and establish a new covenant with all mankind through baptism and the Holy Spirit. If you understand this, it is obvious why the NT is different in character (but not in God's character) from the OT.

>informedchristians.com

best red pilled christian site ever

youtube.com/watch?v=gCA8mHCA6rs

For His Glory

deus vult

False dichotomy, and "simplicity," while it can be pragmatically indicative of the best explanation, is not implicative of truth.
A core tenet of Christianity is that Jesus is God.

Jews at least know they are wrong while they commit atrocities. Muslims honestly believe desert senpai fics. Im sure God as a father loves your enslavement and abuse of his daughters. Or more likely America messing tour shit up is the wicked punishing the wicked. Enjoy the punishment as you appear to be doubling down

>deus vult
>Mom, I posted it again

That jesus was "only" a prophet is a teaching from the islam and the RCC installed islam