Any software engineers/computer programmers/IT guys lurking Sup Forums right now?

Any software engineers/computer programmers/IT guys lurking Sup Forums right now?

What do you think of this "girls who code" "we need more women in tech" "the tech industry is sexist" hubbabaloo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12341210
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> hubbabaloo
> hubbabala
> hubbabalah
> hubbababallah

gtfo mudslime

That's a fine idea. Would be really nice if women actually helped us. Which they mostly don't in the west.

The thing is, they probably need to start either going to and fight their way through some of the most difficult education (even by STEM standards) at university and/or be basement dwelling nerds that have programmed and sysadmin'd for years to be equally useful.

And they're not really usually doing that.

Checking diversity boxes.

The cynic in me says that the ulterior motive is to double the available tech workforce and cut salaries in half (tech is one of the few high-paying fields there is).

The pursuit of scientific knowledge is sexist because women are worse at it.

How come whenever white people start to get in on a minority thing they scream cultural appropriation, but whenever white people create something they demand to instantly be not only a part of it, but have a bigger part than white people?

yeah its all fine and dandy until they realize a certification exam isnt full of google code drag and drop puzzle pieces.

im not saying they cant, im just saying, in my graduating cs class we had 1 girl out of about 20. and started with 3. stupid shit like humanities majors had like god damn 90% females though

Gender quotas are ridiculous, but admittedly some of the best coders I've worked with have been female.

More like it'll lead to even more industrialization, but the people designing and maintaining machines will usually still be sharing in the massive profits from the resulting productivity.

Basically, not such a big problem for the tech workforce.

Everyone getting replaced with more efficient robots and machines has a problem, though, especially when you take the stance of muh full "you don't work, you get nothing" capitalism.

I never had a strong database background (more functional programming) until I got my job as a DB developer. I was trained for about 4 hours by this chick at the company I was hired at and within the next couple days I had already taught myself everything and was correcting her mistakes. She lasted 2 more years, I really don't know how. No improvement, no initiative to improve. She constantly questioned my work, slowing down productivity, until it was passed off to our supervisor who championed everything I did. 2 years with her and I was still teaching her how to use fucking Access because she refused to use SQL.

>What do you think of this "girls who code" "we need more women in tech" "the tech industry is sexist" hubbabaloo?

generally:
men like to work with things
women like to work with people/animals

ie veterinarian used to be male dominated, now female

women who go into coding is a good thing. it's sjw logic that fucks them up. most of the time if they are developed enough and not retarded, they will recognize the Animus and seek guidance.

>double the available tech workforce and cut salaries in half
This.

Women coders are more valuable to companies hitting gender quotas. Hence they can ask for more in salary. If more women go into software/computer science/coding, then each women added loses power.

It's pushed by universities because they see a male-dominated industry and they want to act like they encourage women to find jobs in the field.

All in all, it's an impotent gesture that only exists to keep people from calling university comp sci programs sexist or restrictive of women. The worst part about this is that it never goes away. Women will continue to not really care about comp sci, which means it will always be male-dominated, which means you will always see endless attempts to prioritize women in the field over men.

>Access
i mean.. at least it wasnt excel..

Coding =/= science. I think girls like science, I know more girls who study biology or chemistry than guys. Girls just don't like engineering, that's a 90% male-dominated area here.

>What do you think of this "girls who code" "we need more women in tech" "the tech industry is sexist" hubbabaloo?

Reasonably high-paying fields with low physical input that women noticed there are lots of men, so women decided they should get in there too.

You don't see feminists complaining that dangerous, disgusting or physically demanding jobs are male-dominated.

in my programming classes at college I have never had a class with more than 2 people who weren't white or asian men. I don't think women are or will ever be interested in getting into the tech industry

It's stupid and will never work. However, the female programmers that do exist are fine and Women contributed a lot to the early development of computer programming.

Dunno about your comp.sci, but women got very good treatment at our comp.sci.

Most didn't arrive and many of the rest hadn't prepared, weren't completely willing to fight their way through these 12h mind grinds every day for years workloads, and finish.

>girls who code
If they're as good as the men there is nothing wrong with it.
>we need more women in tech
There's nothing wrong with encouraging girls with a casual interest in that area to go further and get a degree in it and spreading the fact that "anyone can code". Gender quotas on the other hand (or any quotas for that matter) are stupid.
>the tech industry is sexist
False. Most graduates in that area are male so of course the workforce is going to be similar.

Didn't do comp sci but came across a fair amount of coding projects in applied math. Most girls I worked with could code just as well as guys. Some were dumb but we had male retards too. I don't see why we NEED more women in tech/STEM CELLS but it's not inherently a bad thing either.

The reality is that it doesn't matter. There are fields where racial or gender diversity is important since research has show that people are more likely to believe people who look like them (a leftover trait from our tribal days). Forced diversity, as much as it clashes with my merit based worldview, has real benefits in fields like health care and law enforcement.

That said, gender quotas are moronic. If we're going to put a 50% quotum on stem fields, I want one on plumbing, mining, trash collecting and preschool teaching too.

Has done more harm than good from my experience. Can't tell you how many girls failed out when I was an undergrad. They wasted thousands of dollars and like 2 or more years of their lives in something they had no passion for before they switched majors all because some kike tricked them.

This is also true. The very small percentage of women who actual can code are usually pretty good

By the way, I want to know where you see the "male-dominated" industry discouraging women from entering and where the change is necessary?

The comp.sci workplaces are probably still among the most easy going as far as various social norms are concerned.

It's still the usual corporate kindergarten, but if you get the job done nobody cares too much when you want to, dunno, have your warhammer figure collection on display in your office and use them to plan pending tasks with co-workers.

Most female programmers I know are great.

Lady HR, marketing, & product managers in tech are the WORST.

Every company I've worked at has been desperate to hire female developers. I've never seen a female developer as good as our worst male developer.

I'm in a CIS program in my school right now. I'm not sure if I'm going to be fully prepared for it when I graduate since it feels like I've learned more on my own than the program gave me. I suppose I've learned about Access and Database management.

So what can a Bachelors in CIS do?

HR cunts are fucking cancer. Women managers can be a disaster too, given they cause drama while not standing up to management when it matters.

Never had a problem with girl coders though; the interview process exists for a reason.

Will seriously suck your dick for 5 continuous years for dat dere Swiss passport.

>So what can a Bachelors in CIS do?
make lots of fun coupons

learning on your own is a selling point, that's what the job is

I'd rather work with 10 female programmers than have single one HR or other bullshit female manager
t. programmer

holy shit this post makes me livid

t. full stack faggot

Is really all you have learned is Access? Have you learned any other DBMSs? You can be a DBA maybe if your skill set is leaning towards there. Do you learn programming languages at your college? How about security? Troubleshooting? Lots of paths yo could choose if you demonstrate skill. Start working on personal projects to buff up our resume

In every goddamn CS course I've taken there have been no more than 3 girls in the class, and the ones that stay struggle with the exception of 2 (out of 9+ classes I've taken), one which was already working in her field.

With Obama urging kids to major in CS (see youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY ) and these bullshit campaigns for women to join, stuff like is only meant to lower wages and fuck up the industry.

In other words, how the FUCK am I supposed to find a gf in college that isn't bluepilled

There are competent and brilliant women who code. They are rare as hell though. I've tried to teach a lot of my bright female friends how to code. None have progressed, but then again the failure rate among men is quite high as well.

The truth is programming is a very young and fast changing discipline. Anyone that tells you what makes a good programmer is lying or bullshitting you, because no one really knows. If they did then Google would build a factory explicitly to produce those people and I'm not remotely joking.

I don't think the tech industry is sexist, I've found it extremely welcoming to women. I think that programmers are shitty at negotiating their salaries and that female programmers are extra shitty at negotiating their salaries. Willingness to negotiate and create a leverage situation is the main thing I see that creates pay inequity. And pay inequity does exist, I say that from seeing hard data at particular companies.

For a lot of industries I don't like having women around because I want it to be a man's domain. But for programming it doesn't matter. I can't talk about fucking sluts to my co-workers because they are all bunch of vidya/manga addicted faggots anyway. I actually prefer having women around, they can at least talk about the real world.

t. AmaGooFaceSofter

Valley eng here:

Female engineers are fucking rad and work hard while dealing with the biggest chads and the most autistic losers.
Every other Product and Customer Success role is a fucking joke and all they do is upvote articles and gossip.

I feel bad for all the femme SEs
Nuke us.

Cuz engineering sucks ass. Not a day goes by where I don't pray for death

>gf in college

You're not supposed to user. Fuck them, work on your game, mature as a man, as an individual, as a citizen.

Once you're kicking ass in all those areas, you will be able to intelligently pick.

Your first step is outstanding if you're in CS.

There's hope for us.

Source: Believe me

C++ was a requirement in the program. I got by and it helped me toy around with some personal projects but nothing major that went anywhere. The Security class I'm in right now seems to be less about security and more about management. No other systems were offered.

I could probably get by with C++/C# and SQL but I wouldn't be making original or amazing stuff.

>Work at oil company
>Know how to code but let tech department do that
>New chick there, not the usual Pajeet or Iranian
>"Yeah, I'll need you to write a code that grabs these headers and imports the production data into the simulator"
>"Oh...the simulator's in C#...I don't know that."
>wtf.jpg
>"Then why are you working this department? That, python, and matlab are all we use!"
>"Oh I know Matlab."
Jesus christ they threw out Mahmood the Iranian codemonkey for a white girl. Now I have to take time out of my day to be a codemonkey.

Oh okay so you have programming experience. Do you want to be a developer?

>I could probably get by with C++/C# and SQL but I wouldn't be making original or amazing stuff

Really doesn't matter. The point is showing that you aren't just a student who goes in, does his assignments, and leaves. It also gives you something to talk about during an internship or entry level position interview, considering at this point you have little experience. Also check out hackathons in your area

>some of the best coders I've worked with have been female
>using definite: best
>using pluralis: coders
I met hundred of male coders and a few female.
None of those female were "best". Makes me curious. Care to elaborate?

why didn't you make her figure it out?

Why are you on the track with a 1/2 tank of fuel.

Well at least you got your dick sucked right?

I mean surely you didn't do her work for her for nothing.

I know that feel

I've seen each of those types of people in my programming courses at the University of Utah.

Honestly it fucking sucks for us white guys. Everybody feels pressure to give the internships and jobs to girls and minorities even though men make up over 95% of programmers and over 70% of those are white.

honestly senpai, I fucking hate being white. I get shafted in this world.

this is good advice, a junior developer should be high energy, i.e. a proactive learner, and not someone who is trying to collect a paycheck

you'll be forgiven for being a n00b, but not being someone who mails it in, or needs someone to hold their hand

Not a programmer or IT, but I do 3d/vfx shit. Can't stand that shit, but it's not really a problem. They usually do colorful cartoons and useless contemporary stuff, so their fields are limited. Also, I have not met a single female cgi artist that can come even close to their male coworkers in terms of skill of visual imagination. Always found that to be odd.

Every woman I have ever had the misfortune of working with tell me I am wrong about everything even though I have 6 more years experience over the next one. And everytime they end up fucking it up and making me stay late to fix their mistakes.

2 months ago I got promoted and they cried about it to my boss who shut them down with, "He works more hours than the lot of you combined to fix your shit. Of course he is going to move up"

That feel when now I am their boss and all settings must go through me before applying them.

Women are designed for mundane tasks, aka raising children. Anything else is a perversion of God's plan.

It's a meme

>Women contributed a lot to the early development of computer programming.
I also see posts about black inventors giving humanity lots of great inventions.
Those are usually backed up in some way. Care to back up your statement too?

Congrats fellow Sup Forumsack

Seriously, just ask lots of questions

You will never get fired for being a noob programmer if you show up with enthusiasm

You'll just fuck over your PM or whatever unfortunate VP was assigned to your shitty department

Learn how EVERYTHING works

Ask about the build system, ask about the front end, ask about the data store, ask about the project roadmap and most importantly ask people above you where the company/project is going, and how thy feel about he people in charge

knowing the meta information about your company is so valuable, and yet so many autistic retards think that if they write good code they will be fine

Spoiler: you won't

Im in a CS program right now and probably 1/3 or more are women. I welcome it, more vagina the better

There were already women in tech, but they were the spergy women with talent.

The "women in coding" movement is pushing a bunch of air head trend follower girls into coding. A lot of dumb guys are following the coding trend too, but they aren't proud of it. The dumb girls are annoying because they're narcissists and act like they're better than the men.

Really, more than anything, it's normies that are the problem. Normies ruin everything.

Am I making sense? Does anyone else get what I'm saying? I feel like normies are the real problem in this world.

Every woman I have programmed with is top-notch. The sort of girl that gets into it and completes a comp-sci degree isn't pretending to enjoy programming. They're actually smart and enjoy it despite no other women being with them along the way.

I don't think the industry is sexist. Not here anyway. Being a woman with a comp-sci degree is free money here.

Similar to the push for H1Bs, they want to drive down wages.
There's nothing wrong with anyone of either gender wanting to get technical education and jobs. But this forced push is just another incarnation of affirmative action. It reeks of leading a horse to water, realizing the horse isn't thirsty, then shoving a firehose down the horse's throat.

That is pure wet dream, it must felt great user

Satanic trips of truth

because fuel runs out while you're on the track?

I thought aussies are bad, but you leafs are a fucking pestilence.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>caring about the gender of people doing a job
Fuck race, fuck gender, fuck everything. Just hire the most competent people. Fuck these fucking disgusting mudslimes and roasties who want special treatment. I can't stand it.

God I hate having to fix their broke code.
I'd have less work if they just did nothing.

Not a great sample size but I've only ever worked with 1 woman and she was hands down the worst sysadmin I've ever seen. She wasn't a diversity hire or anything, but she was bad.

what kind of analogy is that

Everyday I do little shit to fuck with them. One time I took a small vacation for about 4 days then came back.

They had programmed a server incorrectly but it was "running". So I told them to scrap it and start all over. The looks on their faces when they tried to complain and were told I am the boss were priceless. I nutted a little at their torment and sorrow.

There's nothing stopping women from getting the same tech degrees and getting the same jobs as men. They just aren't that interested.
It's what "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" means. You can give someone opportunity, but you can't make them take it if they don't want to.

You fucks been on Netacad lately? All the women shilling is ridiculous.

yeah i work in IT, it doesn't work b/c girls don't like to do all the work it takes to actually troubleshoot systems, perform maintenance, configure servers and networks

at my last job they had 1 girl who never did anything but she slept with a lot of people. she even took a trip to vegas with the department boss lol

It is a bucket of bullshit.

Women can easily learn to code just like men. There are no barriers. It is even easier for women because there are plenty of cucks who will help them every step of the way.

But they don't want to put in the time and effort to do this. It takes time and patience and that is one thing most women "ain't got time for dat".

At my last job a female Vice President got a stick up her ass because of the "diversity of IT". It bothered her so much that there were no women and almost all the men were white and asian that she had us replaced with an IT group from India. She had a smug look on her face and actually waved to us when we were leaving.

I now work at a hospital and nobody gives a shit about IT because the only people we interact with are doctors and some admin types. So if you pick the right place to work you will be left alone. The wrong place...they will destroy you to check that "diversity" box.

As for the last place I worked I am happy to say they were gobbled up by a larger company and everyone was let go. Including that bitch that outsourced the IT.

No, I didn't go to wave to her (thought about it) but I figured she was the vindictive type and she probably would raise hell to get me fired from my current job. So I just smiled and fist bumped God.

i have never met a woman that wrote good code

80% of "women" involved in programming are trannies.

There is no segregation against women in IT, every shop is dying to hire them to show off how cool and progressive they are. If anything, it's the opposite. If you have a pussy and can open an IDE you'll be hired almost anywhere.

Unfortunately, most of them are shit at doing any actual work and the men around them have to pick up their slack yet they end up promoted faster than anyone. Some make pretty good PM, it suits their nature better but they're bad at almost anything else.

>be me
>working at Kikerosoft for over 20 years
>helped code Windows 98 and Windows XP
>helped in programming Xbox, Xbox 360
>come 2010
>Kikerosoft decides to let some people go because "the force is getting stale"
>send me home after 20 years of hard work to replace me with some shitty Apu
>go work for Lockheed Martin and get a commission check for 30K

Fuck Kikerosoft

I envy you, my job was great but it's one of a hell right now. Last year our company hired new HR manager - woman. That cunt destroyed everything that worked as she fired other four programmers we had and only I was spared as I worked for the company the longest, 8th year ticking right now. When I was urging that I need help because if she thinks that I can do all the work 5 people did by myself then she's deluded. That witches look was frightening. Well she hired some relative of her, dude 10 years older than me, with more years of experience however he's stuck in the 90's and is completely useless and refuses to learn anything new. I'm changing job this year just because of her.

tl;rd: new HR cunt manager ruined great job I had for 8 years

>It is even easier for women because there are plenty of cucks who will help them every step of the way.
This! Can be the problem I see.
Male coders who can't do math and solve logical puzzles quits or go into some less demanding field.
Women get carried on the shoulders of male help and ends up cuddled all the way to the top.

I never seen a woman programmer being among the upper 50% among coders.
That doesn't mean it might not exist, but I doubt smart women want to code.

I am a programmer. I don't give a shit about "encouraging girls to become programmers". If you need encouragement just to do your fucking job then it sounds like you don't even want to be a fucking programmer. I was programming when I was a kid, not "to get a well-paying job", which is the only reason most girls think about this job.

Companies just want everyone to become programmers because they don't want to pay programmers enough money. It is the same as getting women into work so now you need two full-time jobs just to afford a house and the wife can't even just do part-time work.

The tech-industry isn't sexist. That is the stupidest thing I have heard. Is the nursing industry sexist? Yes it is actually because male nurses get treated poorly in many situations. Who falls for any of this shit? We voted for Trump it is all over fuck SJW "oh we need to encourage this group". Fucking die.

Really, I don't understand this drag and drop crap.

In highschool, I had a teacher who had us program small robots.
It was still really basic stuff, we just wrote a text file with
RIGHT 10S
LEFT 10S
etc...
and clicked a button that uploaded it to the robot.
First we had to navigate a simple fixed maze, so hardcoded.
Then once people had the hang of that, and understood the idea of writing commands, had to make the robot loop in a circle, and learned how to write a basic loop.
Then, showed us how to check if the button on the robot was pressed, and the robot should pause when the button was pressed.

After that, let us go wild with implement whatever maze algo we wanted, had whisker sensors so we could tell if we touched a wall right or left.
Teacher would build a new maze each day in the morning, and people would compete to solve it.
After a bit of this, had a big contest to see who could get out of a maze first, and that was that section of the course.
Then we moved on to vex robots doing basketball.

Anyway, my points is, that's how you introduce someone to code, not this abstract shit that is too high level to be useful in any current tech environment.
This actually teaches someone with no coding knowledge to code, instead of just virtue signaling.
Then just teach kids you can open up your electric toys and control them to do cool things with an microcontroller that runs the same language, and some transistors, and they'll be hooked. At some point, transition them from Basic to C/C++.

Of course, something like this would be hard to do in most places without an awesome teacher like this, but making simulator for this kinda thing would be pretty easy. Never used logos, but I think it's sorta like that.
Could even make it in browser for maximum accessibility.

I had a gril classmate in high school who was a 'gaymer gurrl' and of course she wanted to make video games, and she was completely stupid in IT stuff especially programming but since she had good math grades and good graduation from maths she now has a life of constant struggling with programming and high level math in university only because MUH GAYME PROGRAMING

idiot mindless bitch

There is discrimination against Trump supporters in the Bay Area programming scene if you want to see actual discrimination:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12341210

They are all commie phaggots and I am going to take down every one of their shitty companies.

It is extremely annoying. Most women just aren't interested. That's ok, but since it's trendy to be a "woman in tech" right now, programming meetups are flooded with pretentious sjw console.log("hello world")ing. I've seen a hot asian girl get 70 facebook likes for making a post about learning to declare a variable.

The worst part is that "women in tech" identifying women tend to be very "neurotypical" and resent me for actually enjoying coding. I'm treated like I'm doing something wrong and making them look bad. I think feminists really do believe that the subject matter itself is inherently incompatible with the female brain.

When a guy tells me to go to Girls Who Code type events I like to act dumb and ask if it's a dating service for lesbians. Why else would it be gender segregated?

What I love most about computers is that identity becomes irrelevant. Screen names are neuter, so it's possible to abstract away all the physical parts of interacting with someone and focus solely on what they have to say. It's anathema to identity politicians, but something I value very highly.

At the last place I worked, the women were fucking shit programmers too. They got paid the same and the beta cuck had to help them out all the time. Talk about "gender pay gap", that is the fucking real gender pay gap.

that is fucking awesome. I wish I had a teacher like that.

women entering the workforce in general was a terrible thing which is never spoken of.

now instead of only men working, everyone "needs" to work.

prices rose on nearly everything because "they can". the dual-income household made this a norm.

women wait longer to get married and have children.

since everyone is expected to work, wages took a nose dive as the surplus of workers shot up.

political divides are now inherent in everything we do, driving wedges between men and women. the last election is ample proof.

off topic kinda, but allowing women power to work and vote has now put a vote per -person-, instead of per -family-, as when only men could vote. see prior point.

nothing is sexist. women for some reason think men have it all, when in reality, we are the ones that built all this. we are the ones that maintain it. a society of women has never in history ever worked.

it's all bullshit and makes life worse for us all in the long run. but, women got their vote and their money, which is all they wanted.

This

Also all women I've encountered in the industry are shit programmers and slow workers.

This right here is an example of the type of woman who is actually good at programming. They're actually cool people. The normie women being pushed into it are annoying as fuck.

>Forced diversity, as much as it clashes with my merit based worldview, has real benefits in fields like health care and law enforcement.

If the existence of diversity necessitates forced diversity which means the lower qualified take important jobs, then that speaks against the existence of diversity.

I know that. I live in Silicon Valley and deal with morons like that.

The funny thing is I know there are a lot of people I work with that voted for Trump. But like me they keep that aspect of their life under wraps.

I am.

guys are more likely to enjoy it than women, in a general sense. Men have more grey matter, women have more white matter.

people are individuals and deviation occurs.

shit you must see some cool stuff at lockheed,do they make you sign a non disclosure?

> Normies ruin everything.

We need to remove them from control as they run the place.

Grace Hopper was pretty excellent. Of course, she didn't go on rants about sexism, she just BTFOed everyone by being hyper competent.

It annoys me that they named a scammy women-only coding bootcamp after her. I don't really think she would have appreciated it much.

I'm more worried about the "we need more H1B Visa Poo in the Loo" bullshit.

The normie is only good at marketing to other normies, robots do all the work.

Robots should rule over the normies.

Robots need to become the Jews, and the normies their goyim. The /normie pill/ is the final redpill.

it's kind of a bitch when smart people can amass enough capital to start their own mega-corporations virtually overnight.

it's in the iq curves and which fields women on the upper end of the iq spectrum tend to gravitate towards--comp. sci. isn't one of them. don't force the issue.

In Russia there is plenty of programmers girls, because it is a well paid job. They write very shitty code and none of them is passionate about it, and for some reason most of them are concentrated around SQL.

Pretty much. If some random code handed to me is testable and readable and reasonable, that's usually good enough for me. If it turns out later that the code was written by a woman...who cares?

foo bar, Hello World