Fix the Greek economy so I can go back Sup Forums

>be civil engineer
>hold a desk job for 600 a month for half a year, this is considered "good"
>have to live with my parents at 26 to make ends meet, renting is out of the question
>say fuck this shit
>move to the Netherlands
>find a job at a factory in the first 3 days of living here for almost 4 times the salary
>all the while looking for engineering jobs, diploma counts as a master's degree here so there's bound to be something
>already learned the language, dutch is ez as fuck if you know german

>>be civil engineer
which uni?
Structural here from ntua
I am graduating this year, won't lose my time in the army, I am thinking of migrating asap. Are there any fucking jobs that aren't related to environment or hydrology?
How is life there? Can you survive with your current wage?

When are you faggots gonna release that Greece is nothing more than a meme country created by the Eternal Anglo only to facilitate the collapse of the Ottoman Empire??

You faggots are literally the Kurds of the East, nothing more than useful idiots that are easily manipulated.

So you now expect us to keep paying up and playing along with this farce?

Hell no the war is over you're on your own now Yannis.

PAY DENBTS!

>t. turkish diaspora

butifel melike

>which uni?
auth

>Are there any fucking jobs that aren't related to environment or hydrology?
There's plenty of jobs in all fields, but knowing the language is a must unless you have insane work experience, then they will probably speak english to you (which you probably don't)

>How is life there?
A LOT of Turks, shit food, bikes are cancer and really shit weather. There's not really much to do once you've seen the top stuff x city has to offer. People are generally very nice though, houses are pretty, transportation and getting around is great. Everyone plays by the rules though, it's no fun allowed pretty much, I kinda miss the Greek chaos. Other than that it's great for money making, or even settling down.

>Can you survive with your current wage?
I need about ~600-700 a month for expenses (including rent, internet, food, transportation etc) and earn about 2.2k. You do the math

Why are you turks always this assblasted? Jesus, get a grip.

2.2k is kinda almost minimum wage here, but it's great for starters.

Instead of running you should fix your own country Goldman Sachs puppet.

NL already pumped billions of taxes in the black hole called greece.

Dont ask anyone but yourself to fix it.

>is zo kontontploft

Fuck Holland, move to Germany claim asylum live the easy life. Just say you are a moose slime in fear for your life cos gay and they will give you 3000 euros a month and immunity from prosecution for all crimes.

Greece is gone man, 12 more months of the Euro and you will all be selling off kidneys to feed your families

Nah man, that shit is reserved for niggers and worthless scum. I have a sea of knowledge in my field and hope to prove useful to whatever society I end up with.

thanks
looks pretty comfy for a starter, I would consider going to Netherlands but I hate their language, it's unbearable to my ears but there aren't many choices in EU. Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, England and then chaos.

ποιο τομέα διάλεξες?

The funniest thing is, buying shit is actually LESS expensive here than in Greece with triple the salaries.

geotech

How the fuck do people wind job without any connections. I got my civil engineering diploma in 2014, sent job applications probably hundreds of times and I landed only 1 job interview in 2.5 years. Fuck this shit.

Everything I got so far in my field required like 1-2 years experience or some other insane shit like that, gotta keep looking. Winter is probably a bad period or something

you misunderstood, I work as a factory as a base drone, it's got nothing to do with my diploma. We got people who can't even speak Dutch or English working here lol.

So I could just move to Germany or Austria and find job just like that? I even speak some German.
Do you send online applications or do they have some kind of employment office?

There's all kinds of employment agencies who ask for flex or temp workers who can move to x company and do x work. A lot of the times you can get your own contract if you aren't shit and they need you and get to know you.

I just went to the first one I could walk I got on the second day of sleeping here, I got a call on the next day and voila. Job is usually manual/mundane labor, but it's lightning fast to get and easy, and it pays really well for being "minimum wage" if you can rent something small and cheap to live alone.

The main problem is I say again, the language. You gotta learn it, 100%.

yeah I 've noticed it too when I visited amsterdam last year, meanwhile the taxes are increased. We are doomed without return with or without euro. The brit above speaks the truth I don't think we will stay for a long time in EU.
so your are a dam-fag? Do you implement the knowledge of geotech in your job, I mean if you practice what you've learned from uni in the factory.

Oh and obviously while you're looking for something better in your field.

I'm a factory drone, I don't do anything related to my diploma yet. It's boring as fuck, but it pays a ton.

>I'm a factory drone, I don't do anything related to my diploma yet

are you temporary employee? can you recommend any source for job search?
What task do you do there, drones for geo engineers is a bit unrelated, i guess.

btw im considering to do erasmus placement first to learn how things work abroad, do you think I should give it a chance?

As I said. language is not problem for me. My German is not perfect but I think I could perfect it in couple of month.
I was even thinking about going to Austria and being homeless, It's still better than living here.

I'm a "temp", as in I work for the same company every day almost 2 months now. I know others from the employment agency who are in the same boat as me who asked for a contract here and got it, it all depends on the company's needs.

Factory drone means I'm the lowest of the low in the hierarchy, which means I have to do all the simplest and most mundane stuff, like cleaning up or operate the easiest machines. It's not that bad once you realize how much it pays compared to Greece as "minumum wage".

There's like dozens of employment agencies in each city specializing in different things, the easiest to get a job with are ones specializing in production (factory work).

Never done Erasmus but all the people I know who went with it say it's 100% worth it.

If you have any specific knowledge or skill-set, you kinda need the language for the more high-up positions, but for finding something fast and easy at the start is no problem and pays well.

>mundane
it's irritating that we spitted blood to get our diploma and still we cannot find a proper job related to our field. Infrastructure in europe is ruined. I think only asia and some parts of us offer the right job for us.
> I know who went with it say it's 100% worth it.
I won't go for havale, instead I'll do something like internship probably not in university to get some working experience, erasmus offers only some funds to suffer the cost of living.

Something very important I completely forgot if you wanna work in engineering fields, our Greek diploma counts as a master's degree here because it's a min of 5 years (European standards dictate that), so you gotta get that recognized by the Dutch state.

also a friend of mine who studied in england told me there are many undergoing reconstruction projects there and they look for civil engineers, did you look it up for uk?

I got a friend living there doing her doctorate, she has a job lined up building bridges.

The UK is pretty top tier from what I've heard.

Oh but it's VERY expensive to rent, this is why I chose Holland.

If it makes you feel better it's the same in the USA. There are hotspots for engineering work and the rest is a see of fastfood job. I gave up and had to go into IT code monkey work, and I still had to move to another state for that. Literally surrounded by forests, a highway, and a strip mall.

Forests are a goldmine for engineers though.

So many water related stuff you can build, it's retarded.

I went through a walk on a trail through one of the areas, so I think it might be a preserve, but my point was that the job site is in the middle of nowhere.

>building bridges

My thesis (diplomatiki) is bridge related (seismic assessment) hope it will help me to find a job there. So I will give priority to UK.

Thanks user

hope britbongs won't eurocodexit

Yeah they don't really care what you did here, but you can prove you know your stuff.

My paper on GIS was used in the biggest yearly forestry conference in Greece (which is pretty top-dog), and I still got emails that they got someone else for the position etc.

They don't trust Greeks is the bitter pill you need to swallow.

>fix greece

uhh you wont like the final solution

Luckily universities are pretty good for the most part as far as level of knowledge goes compared to the rest of Europe (also minimum of 5 years helps), so proving your worth is not gonna be a problem.

>They don't trust Greeks is the bitter pill you need to swallow.

eu ruined our reputation

I go to Hollywood to become an actor

Prepare to suck plenty of uncircumsized cocks then user.

I'm off to bed, hopefully I helped, gn all.

yeah beta, metala, statikes made us masters and unbeatable, we are the most skilled engineers in europe, I will restore our reputation soon.

good night user have fun in netherlands