Can you explain anonymous?

Is the hacktivist group based on Sup Forums users? Are you guys and anonymous the same thing?

Are many of you really smart hackers?

no no and i dont fuckin know but you can fuck off right now because no one is going to do anything for you

Anonymous was funny back in the day, but now they're all faggots.

no you're looking for reddit.

no, we are keepers of the masturbatoriums

Do not expect us

too bad you posted here, i just hacked your mom and now shes dead...god job playing with fire faggot

anonymous had some connection to Sup Forums back when it first started in like 2003, but they have since spun off into their own thing. they're also not really a cohesive group, since anyone can call themselves anonymous. nonetheless, the people using the "Anonymous" name now tend to be left-wing, while Sup Forums is more right-wing

wait... y-your not!? uh, bro you should probably leave and start deleting your browser history. right. now.
I know these guys and I seriously hope they aren't paying attention because you might be fucked.

Basically a bunch of retards from Sup Forums who did stuff "for the lulz" but everyone realized they are just edgy faggots and they basically died down. They are pretty much reddit the hackers now.

We used to be, but then we forgave and forgot.

user shattered into several splinter groups, but no current Sup Forums is anathema to anonymous

in a long lost age they "were" us but it served as a very important lesson in not accepting names or labels. Names can be taken, groups can be subverted, and labels can be used to control

No, we are albright, Sup Forums is that other guy.

i just backtraced u
consequences will never be the same

>Are you guys and anonymous the same thing?

We are and aren't. The IRL memers became something else after Chanology and now consists entirely of twitter and facebook attention whores. We're still posting on Sup Forums anonymously so that never changed.

It's actually the Russians; I thought I was part of the in-group here but today I got hacked and my phone slipped onto the ground and shattered. Fucking ruskies

Originally yes. Then around 09 ish when anonymous gained notoriety for fucking up a pedophiles life (because he was a retard who posted personal details on the internet and it was funny as fuck) a bunch of edgy indoctrinated white knight faggy 11 yr olds and reddit fagd co-opted "anonymous" to feel special.

So not anymore...

There isn't a single person on Sup Forums that could fizzbuzz their way out of a paperbag.

The people who use anynomous now aren't really the original anynomous. I know anynomous technically anyone anynomous and anynomous wasn't that great even back in the day but the people now are just paid lefty shills using the brand name for publicity. They aren't even le epic hacker and know shit all about computers. Anynomous is dead.

Nailed it.

libs that didn't evolve with us

i thought anonymous is a famous haccker? like he is friends with Sup Forums? i heard that guy is a hacker too

*technically anyone can be anynomous
Sorry.

Anonymous the meme used to just mean "faggots that post on Sup Forums" since we're all anons here. Then some moralfaggots in 2008 turned it into a brand of "do-gooder hackers on steroids trying to save to world." 90% of the faggots that follow it now have no idea that Sup Forums even started the meme. The lamers took our meme and we never gained it back. At least we reclaimed pepe.

Common sense and a little reading would go a long way op. The truth is less glamorous and more hilarious than the fiction. You're obviously teetering the fence between fake news and sanity.

I decided that giving honest answers trolls everyone else here best. So I'm gonna pretend this is a legit question from a reporter or something.

Anonymous as you know it doesn't exist. It's not a permanently definable group and they're certainly not scary 'hackers on steroids'- sure there are some hackers who call themselves anonymous but it's mostly trolls and some of anonymous' most memorable 'escapades' involving hacking can be chalked up to morons using 'password' as their password. A lot of the people on this site are just trolls trolling each other and whoever happens to pass by- think of us as 2,000,000 wannabe Howard sterns.

But what is anonymous? People on imageboards such as Sup Forums and others, or people who create throwaway accounts with assumed noes on other sites. There is no grand conspiracy, and if you ever took anonymous seriously as some kind of hacktivist group then I assume it's like finding out there's no god- but no one ever said the truth wouldn't hurt.

>haha look i do wht u dnt like xddddd ebic troll

Kike.

*names-
Also the Canadian guy is right, some moralfags hijacked the name anonymous back in '08 and modern "anonymous" as the media defines them are the result of that