Motorcycles

Is it considered a masculine pol approved means of recreation or transportation? I've been riding for several years and noticed that although it is very risky it has: boosted confidence and testosterone, created friends and gave me an appreciation for nature and the outdoors. Anyone else ride or approve of them as a hobby or sport? Personally I have a bmw R ninet.

Other urls found in this thread:

rideapart.com/articles/best-motorcycles-for-experienced-riders
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mike approves.

Nice hog.

I want to get one this summer. Is it difficult to learn how to ride one? Something I could youtube and figure out before I hop on one?

Whats a good non-crotch rocket bike to cut my teeth on 80/20 city/highway

DRZ400SM here

Wish there were some US made supermotos but we don't even make dirtbikes. Harleys/Indians don't really appeal to me much but they can be alright if they're not all bubba'd out.

good way to get killed by some mexican driving around illegally in a broken car with no license or insurance

You can get killed even in a cage with an illegal mexican driving the wrong way. Heard about it multiple times back home in Tennessee.

>learn on youtube

LOL FUCK NO

Go find a local MSF class (or whatever your Canadian equalivent is) and sign up, they probably have a course that includes a rental bike. (They do in US)

You absolutely need some hands on experience before hitting the streets, and don't let some dudebro friend show you how, learn from a proper instructor.

Bieks are fun as fuck but shit can go pear shaped SUPER fast and having the proper instinctive reaction is critical.

As for what kind of bike, it really depends. Since you said 80/20 street/dirt I'd suggest looking into an enduro, dual sport or supermoto style.

DRZ400/400SM, KLR650, DR650, XR650, or CRF250 are all good starts.

>it has boosted testosterone
Do you have any actual paperwork or lab results to back that up or are you just attributing a placebo effect to your motorcycle?

apart from the army of 50+ year old that kill themselves every weekend on rides. it is sort of a hobby.

but it mainly transportation.

Rattling his nutsack on the tank must have shaken some test loose.

if you want a supermoto, point your interest towards european bikes.

husqvarna, aprilia, ktm, ducati etc..

yamaha tr660x are ok, but they are to short, not as long as others.

'07 Softail Standard, with a few custom parts I put on myself.

Love the damn thing. Go riding in North Ga all the time.

How can that man hate faggots when he's making me gay for him?

honda vt1100 here. Pretty fun. It keeps breaking though

>Rattling his nutsack on the tank must have shaken some test loose.
KEK

I mean I want to buy a moto as well but I was curious when OP said "it boosted my test brah" as I am also a gymcel and a part-time /fit/izen

Motocycles are 2 cool 4 me. The thrill isnt worth the lack of safety. Seen way too many close calls in a variety of situations.

Brother in law doctor worked ICU in Canada. Calls motorbikes donor motors.

Can anyone assist me with a thing related to motorcycles?

I own an '08 VW Rabbit and I was thinking about selling it for as much cash as possible and then using the $$ to buy a small work truck and a 250. Is this retarded, or is my logic sound and how would I go about this (I don't want to sell my car to some sketchy retard on Craigslist)? my thinking is that a Ford Ranger or a Toyota Tacoma would be cheaper/easier to fix than a fucking VW, plus I could haul shit around in the truck

and I want a motorcycle

Started riding 3 years ago and my only regret is that I didn't start sooner.
Yes it's dangerous, but it's amazingly fun.
You faggots want to live forever or something?

Supermoto best moto

>being this leafed

Go Tacoma. Terrorist use Toyota trucks in the deserts for a reason

Can confirm, live in TN dad was killed by a quality member of society zonked on pills, no license/insurance, ran from the cops -> head on collison.

Then again, a handful of college friends ended up dead on motorcycles. They were smart riders, did track days, etc ... still dead.

I took up biking only to be obliterated by a drunk girl texting...

Even with a newfound aversion to the general populace operating motor vehicles, I get a more pleasurable and adrenaline filled riding experience with really fast ebikes. In essence, you romp through parks/pedestrial areas/streets/wayward fields with dirtbike levels of power and trigger spandex clad liberals on their taiwainese carbon bikes....

Strongly considering going Toyota if I can afford it. My cousin has an '08 crewcab Tacoma and he used to have an '06 Corolla...

he took the Corolla to a shop where they drained all the oil out of the bottom end for some reason (fixing the joints or something) and they gave it back to him with absolutely no oil in it...yet it STILL was able to run and not break down on the drive back to his house. Those older Toyotas are indestructible, from what I've seen

I forgot your (you)s, sorry.

Started on a 1983 Kawasaki KZ250 in 2013. Bought a Vulcan S last spring.

Plenty of ways to die. 2 close calls.

Please notice me senpais

>not illegal riding your bike to the nearest parade ground, playing cat and mice with the local soldiers

do u even ride cucks?

I have an s10 and a 250 motorcycle.

>I have an s10 and a 250 motorcycle.
Where'd you buy the S10, at a stealership or private party?

Would you say it's e-z to work on in your garage at home for things like replacing the brakepads, changing air/oil filter, etc?

My only regret is not starting sooner. Years of wasted warm spring days.

I sold my shitty motorcycle and nice car for a RAV4 and an ok motorcycle, totally worth it.

Picture related is my first bike.

you would get shot in the u.s.
I mean i've done it before, but they litterally had a fucking helicopter looking for me after that.

I fucking hate american police.

BMW 1200gs here

I hope you don't ride with other 40 leather fags, poltards.

Do you wear assless chaps as you ride your cruiser to the gay bar?

its pretty easy if you know what you are doing, but everything in the hood is so fucking close together you pretty much have to take everything apart to get to the one part you need.

I'd fucking LOVE to buy an old UJM bike like that, especially if it's a 250 like the one in your pic.

Did you sell your wheels through a private transaction?

>everything in the hood is so fucking close together you pretty much have to take everything apart to get to the one part you need.
kek its funny you mention this because I had a childhood friend who used to work at a local garage who had one and he said it was a PITA to change the oil on an S10 because for some reason he had to disconnect the alarm system (iirc)

R 3

>r3

good baiku

>get shot

You must not live in the South or NE. Hordes of illegal dirtbikes/quads roll from the hood through the city 'stunting' in packs to avoid arrest. It's kinda impressive.

During the BLM protests in ATL - there was a pack of dirtbikes doing laps that made watching the livestream for 5hrs worth it.

Mr. "if it's not inline four, you must be poor" Alaskan

From a girl's standpoint, nah.

I've talked to multiple women about this. It's sexy at first but if it's their own ride for transportation, it's quickly a no.

And the only motorcycles that boost test are harleys or bikes that look like harley's, not those faggot ass crotch rockets. HOWEVER, if it's a 1000+ CC crotch rocket, bad ass tier.

I miss my CRX1000. Fucking stupid to sell it...

Those newer BMW bikes are nice but I like the older ones with the boxer engines because I love that boxer idle/rumble

Not retarded but for the money you spend ona 250 ninja you could easily find a suzuki sv650 which is a much better all around bike.

Sv650s are essentially the mazda miata of the motorcycle world

Sold on kijiji for $700CAD, bought it in 2013 for the same.

But be careful with old bikes unless you like to fix them.

That little thing was amazing on gas 94 miles per gallon. I almost miss it then I remember the time the gas tank fell off when I went over some railway tracks.

Anyone who has to ask or ponder whether whatever they do is masculine is a total pussy to be honest

I like mine because it hauls ass.
>and the heated hand grips

>rusty rotor
Nice job on the maintenance, fag

I don't want a sportbike/ricerocket though...

I want one of them old "standard" looking bikes like pic related
really makes my engine idle

>But be careful with old bikes unless you like to fix them.
What's the most extreme thing that could be wrong/bad with these besides like a cracked block?

>the gas tank fell off when I went over some railway tracks.
oh fuck

This.

Extremely masculine. Slack-jawed faggots everywhere will hustle to explain to you why they are not worthy to mount a 170-horsepower deathsteed like you do. Women will think you look good in leather and when drunk will admit to fantasies of being bent over your motorcycle on the side of the road. Young ladies clinging tightly to your torso on a starry road might recall it later as the pinnacle of their brief youth.

But fuck everyone else's opinion. If you've ever hit that sublime corner and felt yourself track true in a perfect circle of leaned over mastery you know a self-satisfaction that few can attain. That's why you ride.

t. I ride one of these: rideapart.com/articles/best-motorcycles-for-experienced-riders

>iPhone pic.
Not sure why that turned out like that. I don't even have anything brown to reflect off of.

>Slack-jawed faggots

KLX250SF Supermoto
'99 SV650 Naked
'07 CBR600RR

They're fun if you can come to terms that you'll get obliterated at any possible moment and there's a good chance there's you could do nothing to prevent it. It's why a lot of talented riders end up sticking full time off road (track or dirt) after a couple of years on the street.

it's a real man thing but many posers exist. they usually drive a 125 yzf or r3.
T. started my motorcycle licence 2 weeks ago
>tfw need to pay another 1000 bucks eventhough i have my regular drivers license for years.

2 wheels good 4 wheels cucked.

Get a Honda 750 Nighthawk.

99% of women wouldnt be able to tell the difference between 250 ninja and 1000rr from looks alone. Its when you start them that they a really notice.

God tier exhaust notes.

V twins (European ones in particular)
V fours from honda and aprilia are close
Inline four used in the newer r1 sounds great too

Good tier.

Triumph triples
Older kawi inline fours
Moto guzzi twin
Honda inline six

Meh tier.

All other inline fours
Thumpers

Don't give a flying fuck what Sup Forums, or anyone else, thinks is redpilled. I love my Kawasaki KDX 200.

this is essentially my bike. i know nip/pol/ loves it.

I like the looks of a good ol ujm myself but they are a maintenence hassle unless you are mechanicslly inclined. Mind you this is coming from a guy that rides Italian bikes for the last 20 years ..

What about a newer jap UJM like a Suzuki TU250x?

reminder when riding on the street your biggest threat are "humans" driving cars

also be prepared to get challanged from every wanna be fast and the furios neet right at the next traffic light. so better git gud or ignore them so u dont die in your first year

The standard ones looks pretty modern ujmish to me

Yeah enjoy your shorter life.

I can confirm

best motorcycle is enduro/supermoto

pol on suicide watch

better* life

I'm torn as a long time Ducati fan, the current Aprilia V4 engine just barely edges it out. But both very much godly.

I miss setting off car alarms when riding home after work on my Monster. Always put a smile on my face after a hard day.

who /gottagofast/ here

Both of my uncles were killed in separate motorcycle wrecks, so motorcycles are pretty much out of the question in my family.

>not having the balls to ride a bike cuz danger
What will you do when the race war starts? Shitpost on Sup Forums cuz going outside is too dangerous? Fucking pathetic mate.

I ride an aprilia falco with 1000cc v twin. I love the sound and grunty power delivery of a high winding v twin. The ape v four has the meanest sounding shriek of any street bike i have heard. Almost like a F1 car but meaner.
Aprilias are the biggest steals in motorcycling

You guys are in luck because Ducati's next superbike is going to be V4 (and not the overly expensive kind like the desmosedici)

>meh tier:
>thumpers

I'm pretty sure you mean poo in loo tier, thumpers sound exactly like taking a shit

Agreed on the I4 thing, as an I4 owner. They all sound exactly the same. But for performance per dollar thats what you get

>Ducati
>Desmo valvetrain
Have fun with that.

Absolutely agree. The Tuono V4R is such a mean fucker, the sound is intoxicating and I swear crossing over 100 feels like rolling downhill. It requires a lot of self control. Looking forward to taking her to my first track day this year and unleashing the bitch.

This thread brings so many feels.

Pic related. A friend and I rode across Ontario with nothing but backpacks and hammocks.

my parents bought me a small about 200cc 4stroke dirtbike when I was a bit more yougner, around 15 and then I bought myself a 350cc 2 stroke enduro when finished highschool and my parents went full nuts mode especially my mom who is paranoid about motorcycles and took it from my and sold it,was and am still living at home (in colegge)

lol, they think if they keep me further away from motorcycles they think I will never get one, wrong it will only fuel me into being more crazy on a motorcycle cause I couldnt release some of the crazyness when I was still a kid

wish my parents were more smarter to notice that teenage rebellion always backfires

Triumph Bonneville

They're far more reliable than they used to be.

Same but I dirt bike. Its like video games used to be for me. Its like leveling up in a game. When you first start out you get your ass kicked and you have to stay in the beginners area. But the more you level your bike skills, the more obstacles you can take on. When I conquer that hill or that sandy wash you feel like you accomplished something. When you can totally dominate that hill that seemed so scary as a beginner, you get a huge rush.

Also, every man should know how to kick start a bike. Kinda like every man should know how to drive a stick.

at least boxer twins still in the 2017 lineup

what Kawsaki is this?

I rode 6,000 miles on a Monster once, decent trip. Stayed in motels though because I couldn't hardly put any luggage on that tiny fucker.

Yeyuh nigga

I really would like to buy one if I had a bigger budget.

I'm expecting to get like $6-7k at the most for my car (ideally) and I definitely need another mode of transport besides a moto, so I'd have to spend like 4/5ths of that on the small work truck.

So I'm looking at like $1000-1500 budget for a moto

how low is build quality in ducati?

The red is a 2012 ninja 250, orange one is a 2016 Vulcan S.

Another angle.

lol, donorcycles.

good job idiots, keep it up

My plan this summer is to go around at least one of the great lakes.

wow looks very nice, what about build quality as good as honda and suzuki?

(((gottagoyfast)))

Pretty sure you mean dirt bike 250 right? Only faggots ride 250 ninjas. 250 is a great starter bike. Don't fall for the 450 meme for trail riding.

Only problem with 250s is that buying them used is sketchy as fuck. People flog the fuck out of those bikes vs. the 450s people are too scared of the power to go full retard so the engine isn't beat to shit.

exactly. i remember this track in belgium. i arrived in the morning barely made any progress because they had huge rocks on a really steep track. i even had to get off the bike for some meters. but in the evening i would just go full throttle without much hesitation. felt really great

Neither dirtbike nor crotchrocket. Something like pic related (I'd buy one new if I wasn't a poorfeg)

Should I just pinch my pennies and buy one new from the stealership (there's one ~12mi away)?

I'm surprised that thing doesn't come standard with dildo grips and a rainbow flag.

I don't care. Take the risk if you want, just don't criticize cigarette smokers at the same time or you're a fuckin hypocrite.

The MSF thought me nothing I didn't already know after 4 years of riding. Though having the course gives you a discount on your insurance. My gasoline started fucking boiling during that course from all the sitting around; scared the piss out of me.

>If you can't do carb rebuilds and do basic things like oil changes and valve checks you're going to have a bad time.

Fz09 cheap on the wallet and has all the thrill you need.

great bike , shame that white people can't build as good as japs