The Californian Ideology

Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate California so much? The core of the modern Californian ethos revolves around Ayn Rand's particular brand of technological libertarianism - this is particularly true in Silicon Valley.

California is an extremely productive state, both economically and intellectually. The obsession with entrepreneurship has led to the emergence of dozens of the world's most profitable and influential companies. It's also a populous and ethnically diverse state, capable of attracting and supporting global talent across a variety of industries.

The belief in a progressive, civil, and globalized future is still strong here.

Not to mention: California is, geographically, one of the most appealing states, with great beaches, mountains, and forests. There are also amazingly attractive women who live and work here.

I've personally lived in Shasta, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Alameda counties -- liberal and conservative views are adequately represented and respected here. You can always find a region or community that reflects your values.

California is the best. Why can't you guys get on board?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacbee.com/news/local/article25940218.html
youtube.com/watch?v=M52ZJ5HXAlA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love Lain

San Francisco pretty ruins any nice things anyone can say about how its a great liberal community. and I'm not really sure if using the word productive to describe Cali is accurate, seeing as it cant even sort out its own water problems without relying on the bordering states.

Its mearly a consumer state, that has Silicon Valley, and short of that its really no different form any other state with high population density.

Also preaching about a states "diversity, liberal, progressive, globalism" is one of the fastest ways to turn a counter culture board on you.

California was built at the expense of everything is claims to defend.

Californians claims Reagan ruined it, but it made no attempt to fix itself because Reagan only shattered an illusion.

Hollywood is a criminal organization.

Lets all love Lain!

Honestly I'm just not interested in living on the west coast

Fuck San Francisco though

>California is the best. Why can't you guys get on board?

Because California is no longer a white majority state.

It's INFESTED with brown skinned Latrino cockroaches that breed out of control.

Thanks in major part to the anti-American traitor politicians who refused to enforce the law and kick these spics out of their sanctuary cities.

Fucking beaners.

Do you really think white people want to live in a city where everyone but them has brown skin, black hair and is a filthy mexishit?

sacbee.com/news/local/article25940218.html

>Census: Hispanics overtake whites to become California’s largest ethnic group

Fucking beaners lower property values and quality of life wherever they go.

You can also blame the anti-American mainstream lugenpresse (((mass media))) who refused to report on the infestation of spics until it was too late.

Leftism is the opposite of Libertarianism.
The productive are the best at serving their own interests.
Being a leftist publicly is clearly more beneficial (in our current pozzed society) than being a conservative, so productive people with no scruples would obviously be leftists.
Of course what they are doing fuels the demise of their own class of person, but people who are concerned with profit in the immediate future instead of the wellbeing of society (notice how they never have many children) wouldn't care about that.

With the exception of the San Diego Conservatives, State of Jefferson residents, and a few LA bodybuilders (they will all seek refuge in Texas or Colorado soon) the entire state is a fucking shithole. The entire state is full of nothing but Jews, Muslims, LGBT faggots/Cucks/SJWs, Chinks, Mexicans, and degenerate unemployed potheads. Jefferson region is quickly becoming a shithole as well because of high tax and regulatory burdens against their low wage, low cost of living, simple lives causing them to become depressed meth-heads

Your point about water is a good one. But since we're all part of the same country, I think relying heavily on the Colorado river isn't a terrible deal, for now. And I think there's good progress in desalinization technology in recent years.

"Diversity, liberal, progressive, globalism" - these are definitely things we should continue to discuss on this board! I don't think everyone here opposes those ideals necessarily.

There is almost certainly a huge amount of degeneracy in Hollywood! But that's not unique to the LA area. Human beings are savages. And Hollywood has done a lot to spread American ideology and values.

Hollywood has done nothing to spread American ideology and values. Only propaganda and conjecture.

Only our nation's government has the authority to issue/allow our ideology and values to be spread.

The sooner California sinks into the ocean the better off America will be.

Mexican American populations are gentrifying in a lot of areas like LA and Orange County. Things like this take time - honestly Mexican people are very family-oriented / conservative and could have easily supported Trump in 2016 if he didn't make such outright racist remarks to stir up his mostly white, uneducated voter base.

>relying on other states is fine
Sure, if its warranted, which your self enforced drought does not do.

>Its mearly a consumer state
I'm almost certain that California produces far more for the world than your state

>a progressive, civil, and globalized future

That right there is the problem. Progressives and globalism are the opposite of conservative and nationalistic. You've got so many open border fags here because 'my best friend/girlfriend/neighbor is illegal and a great person!' without care for the burden that they have on the system. We're pretty bi-lingual because we have to provide Spanish versions of all documents. The stench of Marxist ideology hangs off of every teacher from primary to uni, leading to our education system churning out actual communists. The people here have no fear of government and think that we need to get rid of guns to protect ourselves. The lack of respect for our constitution and founding fathers I've been witness to since birth is disgusting.

But at least the geography and weather is nice right? California would be great if it weren't for the people.

According to "the chart" you can be liberal left or right.

However, according to "the chart", you can only be authoritarian or liberal.

This means Liberalism is inherently anarchist.

There still isn't a substantial logical basis for the modern uses "left and right" labels.

If we're using defacto latin, then Left = Bad/Sinister and Right = Good/Correct.

Identity politics are retarded.

I personally live in California and am moving out of state in one month. I'm counting the days. There are very few personal liberties here, many things are illegal or regulated out of existence, the people are brainwashed emotional lemmings, the few people who do "make it" are mostly lucky. Sure luck is where preparation and opportunity meet, but for the vast majority in CA those two factors never match up at the right time. I've seen a lot of people work very hard for years on "the next big thing" who are seriously struggling to get by...

It's too bad such a wonderful landscape has been conquered by people who do not respect conservative views in 90% of the state.

What's with that massive pedo ring that was just busted here too? 400+ arrested. Yeah great place.

What's with this conservative professor at UC Davis that was locked out of his office and persecuted for his political leanings?
youtube.com/watch?v=M52ZJ5HXAlA

What's with the insane riots in Berkley just because a cock breath conservative wanted to talk?

I lived in Redding for many years and it is sad to see what's happening there now. I think the whole region (Jefferson) could benefit from a good UC school opening up, which could then incentivize companies to move north.

I know Sup Forums associates colleges with LGBT faggots, cucks, chinks, etc. but the reality is that most people should at least attain an undergraduate degree these days to ensure competitiveness. Higher education doesn't work in an ideal way but that's a discussion for another time probably

>Exclamation marks

Either a woman, or very very gay.

Please leave.

Fuck commiefornia, calexit NOW

No one is buying your bullshit anymore.

democrats

The Trojan Horse rule is still in effect. Probably 90% of the hispanics in this state are either illegal themselves or descendants of illegals. Voting for pro-border policies and politicians is an insult to their families.

>dares to sully lain with cuckifornia.
SHAME!!!

No, if you're against the expansion of government then you would be against letting in people who would vote for that.

>Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate California so much?
>The belief in a progressive, civil, and globalized future is still strong here
You answered your own question dumbass

Hispanics overwhelmingly vote for bigger government, see: entirety of Latin America.

High taxes as well

You clearly don't live in California-occupied Jefferson. Or the rest of this shit-stain of state for that matter.

Nothing great about the ideology. It's all fucking trash.

Your money is worth less in CA

Industrial decline

Aaand thousands of companies leaving over the past few years.

california it's the most cucked state of usa.

PRAISE

Because I lived there.

Because the people there advocate policies which the rest of the country cannot afford.
Also you are conveniently leaving out the whole inflated cost of living thing.

CA's "ethos" was, has and always will be land speculation. This is why nobody (not Newsom, Villar or Brown) will touch Prop 13.

That is the entire summary of how and why California operates like it does. Why so many insufferable faggots? Because boomers charge them $1500/mo for space on a bunk bed. Why so many illegals? Because their anchor babies will eventually buy homes. Why so many shitty liberals? They're all making money hand over fist.

High income taxes are a result of Prop 13, the cap on property taxes. My mom's home is valued around $1,200,000 yet her taxes are based upon the 1970 property valuation at $350,000, which means about $3,500/yr in taxes. For comparison our new neighbor's home, also valued at $1.2 million, gives them about $12,000/yr in taxes because they bought it in 2015.

Again: land speculation.

Yeah yeah. But what makes Sup Forums any better than (((MSM))) if they you guys discourage other opinions

anchor babies are illegal immigrants
so are refugees
out out out!

who would you rather get doxed, family members of y combinator or founders fund minions

No we're good, go ahead and secede.

house prices are a scam in usa and most parts of world
unregulated house production would be awesome
people used to buy house with normal non college job
docs used to make hosue calls
too many leech lawyer and insurance and bank fuckers and regualtors

>California is an extremely productive state, both economically

no, your metrics say that because they count every single corporation with it's HQ in california as doing all of it's business in california, and creating all product in california

>intellectually
you don't get to claim that title because of Berkeley user

>The obsession with entrepreneurship has led to the emergence of dozens of the world's most profitable and influential companies.
silicon valley exists because people wanted it to exist, not because california is an ~~amaazinggg plaaacceee~~

we are the worst state when it comes to following the spirit of democracy, adhering to the conventions of a constitutional republic, and we allow our state government to get away with it.

i'm sick of this bullshit, three ring circus sideshow of freaks here in this useless fucking hole we call LA. the only way to fix it is to flush it all away. any fucking time. any fucking day. learn to swim, see you down in Arizona Bay.

Commiefornian here

Being a Conservative to any degree here gets you a lot of shit from people

A large majority of the colleges here are pushing the SJW and feminist propaganda

There is a wide spread feeling of entitlement from residents of the larger cities of Los Angeles and San Fransisco

Gun owners get screwed every time the State voting cycle rolls around

The standard of living is the 3rd highest in the country

White people are the minority

Those are just a few things

This is probably a really good argument. I don't know that there's a simple solution - cost of living in major world cities is out of control, but it's just a modern reality.

I'm not sure that isolationism would necessarily produce better outcomes for people living in rural areas.

People outside of California are pushing for secession much more than people here. The image of this state might be radically liberal but the reality is much more complex: people here are working, going to school, going to church etc. just as much as in any other state.

>Human beings are savages.

i think you got human beans confused with the niggers

Berkeley, Stanford, Caltech - not saying that this state is far superior in terms of intellectual capital. Just an important part of this country.

Regarding silicon valley -- yes, you're absolutly right. They valley exists here because of significant defense investment beginning in the mid 20th century. But because of the head start it's a vital source of innovation globally. Plenty of other entrepreneurial communities around the US too - Boston, Seattle, Austin, etc. but many companies headquartered in California.

I definitely get it but I think we're mostly suffering from poor infrastructure (especially in LA and the Bay Area) that contributes to a poorer quality of life.

I think a lot of this can be alleviated by promoting more remote work / telecommuting options.

>But because of the head start it's a vital source of innovation globally.
innovation in the sense that a lot of companies are already there, and the colleges in california are tooled towards producing a lot of engineers, yes it is a good source of innovation.

however, silicon valley is not something that can only exist in california, or will only exist in california. apple, google, etc were founded there because their founders were there, not because of any specific quality specific to california.

this constant "but silicon valley!" coming from people in california as a reason for why they're superior is, in the end, bad for california. you only have it because people worked to create it long before you or i were born, if you stop facilitating the creation of true entrepreneurs silicon valley will disappear, as will most of california's industry.

tl;dr stop bragging, start creating

telecommuting reduces productivity in collaborative projects, and the more a worker works remotely the less satisfied with their job they become
have fun with that

One of the major problems here is that alternative views are hard to express in urban centers. But I would argue that the same holds in other majors cities like Boston, Chicago, or New York.

In terms of gun ownership, that's a legitimate concern. Maybe in the future gun rights can be expanded along with a microchip or authentication system... probably still wouldn't go over well with gun enthusiasts, though.

there's nothing inherently superior that led to silicon valley, but my point was that the valley itself has led to a post-national, highly capitalistic approach to labor and corporate structure that could eventually be extended. Like, in the future you could live in Australia (or anywhere) and elect to work anywhere else in the world. It could be a liberating concept -- but maybe OECD folks are legitimately afraid of a global meritocracy?

hermosa beach
huntington beach
orange county
nice white areas
:)
zillions of illegals and steroided drug users

You're not thinking far enough into the future. Telecommuting now =/= telecommuting 10-20 years from now, when (presuming steady progress) we might have options that allow for more effective virtual "presence" in AR or VR.

I realize this sounds super techie and annoying but things could very easily head in that direction.

maybe in the future we help lolbertarian """technocrats""" on seasteading by throwing them into the pacific ocean with depleted uranium leggings

That faggot Reagan sold us out and turned our beloved Golden Empire into a haven for Mexicans and cucks.

Fuck Ronald Reagan for all eternity. I swear to god if I ever see a Reagan statue in this state I'm painting a big fat cock on his mouth.

haha. Does Sup Forums not like Peter Thiel? Far more redpilled than someone like Milo Yiannopoulos, yes?

reduce gov spending
reduce regualtions 99%
unregualted housing production
and thorium clean atomic
make life comfy
unregualted imports n exports too

not really

> huuurr.
> calling lefties lefties is bad becuz its patriarchy and romans and sheeit

no you blithering imbecile.

the Left is called The Left because in the national assembly in france after the revolution, those who wished the return of the monarchy sat on the right hand side of the room, and those who wanted an elected populist government without a monarchy sat ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FUCKING ROOM

it has nothing to do with the alleged roman superstition that things on the left are bad

besides, that isnt even a thing, you faggot.

calling SUSPICIOUS things "sinister" (left handed) is because if you can only see the left hand, your opponent's right hand is likely holding a knife.

you are goddamned stupid.

critical theory has reduced you to a quivering pile of assumptions and trigger warnings.

yeh you sound like a real tech wizard, but what your post really needs is some scrum thrown in to really get that bay flavor across

milo and peter thiel both end up at the bottom of the pacific ocean, friend

>Hollywood is a criminal organization.
Your tinfoil hat must not be made of aluminum, its made of titanium.

California is a state where Democrats run against Democrats, and argue over who does more for the "undocumented." California cucks brag about the changing demographics and how soon whites will be a minority, and Hispanics openly fly the Mexican flag with pride. Don't speak Spanish? Good luck getting a promotion over someone who does. We're practically a Mexican colony.

>Hollywood has done nothing to spread American ideology and values

Holy shit, how do you think even fucking mexicans and argentenians learned english?

They didnt go to school. They watched AMERICAN made movies, tv shows, music, video games, etc.

>illegal to deny somebody a job because they don't speak English fluently
>totally legal to only hire bilingual workers

Thank you. I thought that was pretty straightforward statement

Fair enough

California is a fucking blight and we all know it.

It's a cesspit of human garbage and globalism in exceedingly dense, massive city.

The few areas worth living requires tens of millions to live in.

>tfw my hometown caused the LA riots by acquitting the cops you beat Rodney King

feels good man. Based Rooftop Koreans

The thing is though that a lot of Mexicans in CA are very Americanized. A lot of them are very conservative, hate niggers, and hate illegal immigration. I've seen Mexicans with MAGA hats where I live. I work with a lot of Mexicans who don't even know how to speak, read, write spanish. My city, is very conservative.

The problem is not the Mexican-Americans. It is the large number of liberal whites who push anti-American sentiment on us. They use Chicanos and illegals to pressure us to be ashamed of wanting to be American.

If the Mexicans were conservative, the state wouldn't be nearly all democrat in Mexican areas.

The conservative Mexican meme needs to end.

This is definitely true. A lot of people outside the state have an inaccurate understanding of the demographics and sentiments here.

It's only just starting, as Mexican Americans become wealthier and more established. Look - no need to freak out, they hold American values much like many other immigrant communities from the past. You've got to start looking past people's skin color.

That's because those are Chicanos(liberal Mexicans), cholos, and welfare queens. Especially, illegals. The rest of us hate them. We WANT to be American but those idiots mentioned persecute us for it. They are in large numbers. The rest of us Mexican-Americans love among you and get along with you just fine.

So they vote for their own selfish interests over the good of the nation and then they wonder how all their homelands turn to shit. That's what a solid 88 IQ will do for you, I guess.

>Enforcing laws is racist against freeloading spics

Fuck off, Paco.

>Silicon Valley revolves around technological libertarianism
Nigga what? Sillicon Valley is one of the most liberal parts of the entire state. They are mostly state-loving SJWs that see no problem with using their products to push their ideology. Same with Hollywood.
t. Engineer in Silicon Valley

>The belief in a progressive, civil, and globalized future is still strong here.
Correct. And it's utter shit. Not to mention the polar opposite or Ayn Rand.

>I don't think everyone here opposes those ideals necessarily.
Here's a (((you)))

Muh Mexicans are actually conservative! No they are not. They vote heavily liberal. Don't be one of those cucks who thinks giving them amnesty will make them hate you less.

Tbh most college degrees are garbage anyway. Unless you are doing STEM or a handful of other things, you are better off going to a trade school and not wasting your time/money.

PS: How dare you defile Lain?

>They vote heavily liberal.

That's because of illegals, not Mexicans. A lot of Hispanics in CA are either American-born, legal immigrants, naturalized citizens, and others like Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Argies, etc. It is the illegals and Chicanos that are our niggers and make the most noise. They also encourage illegal voting. CA did this on purpose with the AB60 driver license. They cannot vote however they did send them voting forms to vote by mail and expected them to "do the right thing" and not vote.

I have not looked too much into Thiel and his politics sound alright. His company literally helps the government spy on you though, so no thanks.

>Let's force people with guns go get microchips!
Are you sure you are a libertarian? That's some dystopian cyberpunk shit right there.

California is just a shittier, Mexican, drought stricken Florida.

California is the greatest state this country has ever founded. We are closer than any other state or country to becoming a Communist Society where all production is carried out by automation and labor by humans is no longer necessary. I GUARANTEE you, California will be the progenitor of the true post-scarcity society. And I guarantee you that if ANYONE tries to stop us, like some right-wing fascist who worships labor like some money-hungry capitalist robot, we will swiftly and without hesitation put a bullet in their head. We may have gun laws, but we also have the most registered firearms in the country.

Good points. I'm in the bay right now and I agree that it's devolved almost completely into liberalism - but on a superficial level. I'm sure you realize most people here adopt political stances to fit in, or in order to progress tactfully in their careers. In that way, it's kind of individualistic. For that reason I feel as though it can be an alienating, cutthroat place. But I still think that the older valley ideals of free thought, self reliance, etc. can still be found.

Not identical to Rand's vision - but definitely not polar opposite. And I'd argue that ideas like seasteading are an attempt to realize the concept of Galt's Gulch...

Yeah college is pretty fucked. Agree that trade school should be encouraged, and that a college degree should not be mandatory. Focus should be placed on improving primary education.

P.S. the Wired originated in CA :P

31.5% of California voted for Trump. If they try to Calexit maybe we can do the same and make Jefferson.

Good shit

At the moment, I would guess that Palantir isn't as engaged in domestic surveillance as Facebook or Google. Palantir is also the company most likely to comply with a request to build a Muslim registry. Not that any of these things are good... I think Thiel is attempting to establish himself as a viable figure in American politics, though he has little respect for either the conservative or liberal establishment. He officially endorsed Trump and serves in an advisory role.

In terms of guns... yes you're right, I don't think it's ideal from a personal liberties perspective. Just can't really think of many better ways to simultaneously expand gun rights while ensuring safety.

Sup Forums doesnt hate California, it hates the people in California with their pretentious "Im better than everyone else" personality. Axe 90% of the population and it'd probably be one of Sup Forums's favorite states

I'm in Redding, bro. You wanna fucking die? I'll gladly help you kill yourself if you hate it here so badly. I mean, I don't know how I would, but I could stand by and give you encouragement. Just saying, I hate you and your Jefferson bullshit, and wish you would die.

So basically you're a shithead ruralist with literally zero brains and the only "thoughts" floating around in that empty dome are residual static electricity from your head rubbing on your pillow at night. Good to know. You get a shot to the heart, since a headshot wouldn't hit anything of value.

Climb aboard. There's room for pretend commies and Thiel shills.

You shits and your helicopters. I'll fucking hijack that helicopter, cunt. Hogtie you up in the back and when we land, I'll thrust your head into the rotors. But slowly, so you feel the first couple of thwacks eating away at your grey matter.

Yes, your lot are very intimidating.

Is that Lain? I love her.

Lain is Love

I get that it's annoying but isn't everyone like that now? Californians are probably the loudest because there's more of them.

I grew up in Redding and it's the best! Don't get too worked up about secessionists, nothing will happen.

I don't think the speed of entry into the rotors is going to have much impact on the results.

This thread is blessed.

>California is an extremely productive state intellectually

O i am laffin

Libertarianism and Ayn Rand are shit, and Silicon Valley is a cancer upon the state that has destroyed the traditional Bay Area upper class of California.

t. conservative californian

Oh lol, this little shit stain thinks he's scary. Whatever you say, fucker, you won't do shit.