All of the doubting Trump supporters right now: he's about to flip around the case and win back the ban...

All of the doubting Trump supporters right now: he's about to flip around the case and win back the ban, should be obvious. He's playing along so his (un)surprising victory will be even more enthralling. After seeing how Trump likes to play his cards, it's easy to predict how he will in the future.

After I learned that they put up a piss poor fight at the 9th Circus, it was clear to me they wanted this to hit the SC.

God Trump is such a smart man. I wish I was just half as smart as him...

It's wise that he's not just going ahead and waiting instead for an SC ruling.

>doubting Trump supporters
no such thing retard
>i'll take obvious shill tactics for 500, alex

Drumpf's ban will fail the SC as well though. This is your future

This, that defense was fucking laughable. No way in hell that was an actual attempt. He wants it to go to the SC because then he can roll out even harsher immigration EOs.

Won't the 4 lib justices cause it to be a tie and therefore go back to the lower court ruling? I don't see how he can win it without his new justice unless something miraculously causes the liberal justices to read the law instead of their feelings.

That looks kind of fun though. Thanks Jews?

Its Trumps 3d chess move. He wants it in the us supreme court for everyone to see and get btfo'd.

He should have just redrafted the EO so that green card holders and permanent residents were clearly unaffected. And then pushed for review of permanent resident status for dangerous individuals at a later date. This way there's a good chance that even if the EO is legal (And it's unclear based on some precedent regarding permanent residents outside of the US) that the progressives will just vote on party lines and force a tie.

They're a lot less likely to legislate from the bench. The EO was definitely within his authority as President and the SC will back him on that. I can see maybe Ginsburg and one other sticking to their partisan guns, but even Cuckennedy wouldn't swap over this.

That all depends. Right now it's a 4-4 court, assuming Kennedy goes with the conservatives on this, which is never a sure thing. If the court splits 4-4, the 9th Circuit ruling is upheld.

Trump and Sessions would be wise to delay any SCOTUS argument on the matter on the grounds that a split decision resulting in the 9th Circuit deciding this issue for the entire country -- the exact opposite of the purpose of circuit courts -- until Gorsuch can be confirmed, and then the court becomes 5-4 again.

The problem is, it only requires 4 SCOTUS justices to grant certiorari to hear an appeal, and the 4 commies are a shoe in for that.

Seriously, Trump spent his whole adulthood in and out of courts for plenty of bs. He knows how to win this.

>Doubting Trump supporters
There are none. There are just shills trying to demoralize.

Trump can't do anything as long as half the judges in this country are bitchtit cuckolds

I think he did start letting green card holders in shortly after.

(checked)

And they are, laws for pedos have been getting more laxed for them cause of the cuckhold judges. Trump will fix it.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Stephen Breyer
Sonia Sotomayor
Elena Kagan
Will all vote against the EO. Look at their records. Trump has to wait for gorseuch to break the tie if he doesn't the EO is done.

Who is who
Explain

That number is a bit misleading, because only .151% of cases they judge actually get reviewed. And of course the cases that are pushed to be reviewed are going to be ones where people believe they have a chance of winning, which does increase the appeal rate.

This decision on the EO is clearly politically motiviated however.

The problem is that it's been a clusterfuck and different people have said different things at different times. Someone on his team probably got overly ambitious and tried to include green card holders in the ban. The ban should have just been a ban on refugees entirely, except for people who had worked with the US military as interpreters. You would have had the support of the majority of the US, and the retards protesting would have just pushed the majority of the US behind Trump.

but trump has to appoint 2 judges

There's no legal ground for the stay order. The constitution straight out grants POTUS the authority to stop any person or class of persons from entering.

This is just obstructive grandstanding.

There is only 1 opening. Until Ginsberg goes to hell.

Incase you don't understand what the 9th court did or what's going on with this
>Washington state alleged that their universities cannot bring in people from the banned countries which damages the universities
>Washington alleges this violates rights of citizens and visa holders
>Washington asks for a hold on the EO and is granted it in court
>DC files emergency appeal and makes a terrible case
>9th court rules that since visa holders are affected, Washington has standing and that their concerns are valid. Move to hold the restriction
>Trump is still stuck because EO infringed upon the rights of citizens. SCOTUS will probably see it the same way if DC cannot prove that the council to the president who released the statement that citizens and green card holders are not affected is a valid way of amending the EO
9th didn't care about racism or whatever, just rights of people who are not rapefugees

I am aware of their record and how left they can be. Call me naive, but I honestly believe their duty to uphold the constitution will prevail over partisan politics. There is a lot of legal precedence for what Trump did. If I am wrong and it ends up being 4-4, the whole system definitely needs a purging.