>Bannon likes Evola
I guess it's Nazi punching time heh heh heh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Evola#Relationship_with_Fascism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>deeply taboo, Nazi-affiliated thinker

what the fuck does that even mean

is celine a nazi? junger? guenon? heidegger? are they "taboo" writers?

Heidegger was LITERALLY a Nazi who was fired from his university job for being too much of a fucking Nazi then played it off like they fired him for being anti-establishment when the Nazis lost.

Why he wasn't purged and memory holed and instead becomes the basis of 20th century continental philosophy is a mystery to me.

Go back to sucking Russian dick Igor.

>The fact that Bannon even knows Evola is significant,

What?

Actually talking too much about their politics is a taboo thing in academia. Guenon is surely very niche.

The hypocritical thing is that while academics love to overanalyze barely mentioned leftists themes in classics, they always stick to the literally merit when dealing with right-wing(in their personal life) authors.

literally /ourguy/

>Why he wasn't purged and memory holed and instead becomes the basis of 20th century continental philosophy is a mystery to me.

Because anyone who was someone in german philosophy from the 50-70s was his student or a mistress.

Bannon is your typical Ayn Rand worshiping lolbertarian
him and Evola have aboslutely 0 in common

That the republican establishment you are thinking about shill. You getting worried that Putin isn't going to monopolise the global conservative ideology any longer, aren't you?

>Nazi-affiliated thinker

HE WASN'T A NAZI AT ALL!!!!

READ "FASCISM VIEWED FROM THE RIGHT"!!!!

REEEEEEEEEE!!!!

WHY DO THEY LIE SO MUCH????

Can anyone redpill me on Heiddeger?

What the fuck does he mean with "being"?

Is it that you are what you act not what you think?

I don't understand his philosophy....

I can tell you what being is not as opposed to metaphysics. Western metaphysics have focused on an extremely theleological view that we will become something and that we are in the process of becoming something. This we can mean an individual, History itself(as in Hegel), a civilization, an ideology. The problem is that being in a constant state of becoming, we have forgotten something that actually makes our lives worthwhile, that thing being Being. Consumerist culture for example lives on us constantly thinking that we need things to become something(thanks to marketing vie the speak of techne).

Read his work in whatever your first language is.

Its sort of about enlighhtenment, and dynamics. You have to have a wide basis in philosophy to understand it.

He uses more than one word for 'being', in a way to show how that concept has different aspects.

he was banging hannah arendt at one point. that might've had something to do with it. junger survived in much the same fashion. bertold brecht vouched for him (although junger was no nazi, just right-wing).

tbf it's easy to smear evola as a nazi simply because he's a right-wing reactionary and writes dense books.

Based Bannon-sensei sure triggers the hell out of them.

I think I get the same vibe from someone like Alan Watts, in the sense that the point of life is not Becoming but Being. Pic related.

Surely it must be more profound than that... I don't think Watts is that much influenced by Heidegger.

I once read a splendid article about the relationship of Heidegger and Arendt and it was one of the things that sparked my interest about him. I think Arendt was like a typical infatuated schoolgirl around him, that he was a hit with the ladies. I wish I could find that article right now... It really goes deep on psychological analysis.

Forgot pic.

>Surely it must be more profound than that...
It's different surely. Both look into eastern philosophy, but the language Heidegger tried to think in is surely more original and based in western thought even if it's against it. The concepts of Lichtung and Dwelling should be a more of a concern when dealing with Heidegger, since they are more fleshed out than Being. Alan Watts sparked too much of the new age following to have been right and is more of a personal philosopher in my opinion.

Has "Nazi" become a buzzword for anything remotely nationalist or anti-liberal?

I have every single work of evola hes ever made and has been translated to english.

just jumped into his works

every Sup Forumslack should read evola
he was the first alt righter

video related:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po

yes

Or read criticism of the third reich

liberal faggots cannot into evola

The question of being is being asked by beings whose being is being-towards-death. It's simple.

Heidegger (or translators of him) used being and Being to denote different aspects of existence.
Its a dense subject, not suited for discussion on rice-nigger anime board, but a basic is that being is entities, while Being is conceptual ontological state.

Put simply the physical hammer is a 'being', the concept of using something as a hammer is Being.

That is to say, in a world without consciousness there could be 'being' hammers, but would be no 'Being' hammers...

He isn't. He spoke out against Rand's economic beliefs at a conference at the Vatican. Bannon sees both sides as dangers to capitalism.

Nazis are the only people capable of producing anything approaching coherent thought. The left had to rip off Heidegger just to stumble their way through the second half of the 20th century.

being Italian, I'm glad I have full access to all his works.

>he was the first alt righter
kys

If you could translate some of his short essays into english you would be doing the world a great service

That's just Daoism. Laozi said the same thing more lucidly, what, 2,500 years ago?

not alt right in the way we use it faggot
Alt right in the sense of any third directional force other than communism or capitalism

>already knew he likes Taleb and Yarvin
>he likes Evola too
I cannot fucking believe we have people influenced by these kinds of thinkers working in the White House.

We're really gonna make it, bros.

A lot of thinkers predate him with that, mang.
For example, every 18th century Tory.

>literally called "Lousy"
>expects to be taken seriously
baka chinks

I get what you are saying but Evola was special

So now Bannon is an Evolian traditionalist?

Why should we do the world a service? Most of Sup Forums doesn't even like us.

>The man behind the most powerful man in the World knows and is a fan of Evola
This fucking reality

The anglo blood will surely taint the purity of ideals, but nothing is perfect after all.

>Nazi-affiliated

What a bunch of retards. Evola couldn't stand the Nazis. He is the reason that Italy resisted for so long in implementing racially-based laws, among other things.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Evola#Relationship_with_Fascism

>"Evola opposed literally every feature of Fascism".[24] A difference between Evola's Traditionalism and Italian Fascism is Evola's rejection of nationalism, which he viewed as a conception of the modern West and not of a Traditional hierarchical social arrangement.

>Heinrich Himmler's SS kept a dossier on him, and in dossier document AR-126 described him as a "reactionary Roman," with a secret goal of "an insurrection of the old aristocracy against the modern world," and recommended that the SS "stop his effectiveness in Germany" and provide no support to him.[25] When he met with "esoteric Hitlerist" Miguel Serrano, Evola denied that he was a fascist or Hitlerist, but rather saw Metternich as a conservative ideal.

>Nevertheless, Evola attempted to dissociate himself from totalitarianism, preferring the conception of the "organic" state which he put forth in his text Men Among the Ruins.

tl;dr Evola thought that fascism and communism (the two big rejections of modern democracy at the time) were just pawns in the same game, obsessed with material standards rather than spiritual enlightenment, and ultimately doomed to the endless cycle of material-based crisis that all non-aristocratic societies have (according to him).

He's a bigger redpill than most of the Nazi-boos on here want to swallow. The fact that Bannon has swallowed the Evola pill should actually worry all you cucks, because it means that the alt-right that accepts his word as gospel is actually just controlled opposition and that he's trying to do what Evola wanted, which is use the Fascists as tools to restore an aristocratic society.

>Evola opposed literally every feature of Fascism
that's just wrong, and the English article about him is shit, it has been butchered recently by the usual faggots

watch his French interview on the subject and hear the man himself
he didn't obviously like everything about either Fascism or Nazism but it's not true he disliked everything about them
he had many words of praise for Mussolini's figure

>nationalism, which he viewed as a conception of the modern West and not of a Traditional hierarchical social arrangement.
This is an accurate statement, though I don't know much about Evola.
The whole thing was invented by liberals and such in the 19th century, then co-opted by certain very smart aristocrats (Napoleon, Bismarck) who saw the writing on the wall.

Commit suicide.