What's wrong with murder in a post religious world?

Other urls found in this thread:

un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he needs a Jew to tell him that killing is wrong
Ok...

'''wrong'''' how? why?

violates NAP

why should that matter?

It's hard to explain why killing for no reason is wrong, it's the sort of thing you just know. Like moving your legs, you just know how to.

I don't. I enjoy the idea of killing humans.

then kill them user
you are living in america and by killing people everyone in the world would greatly benefit from you
if you kill the right people that is

stop posting on pol and just go on a spree
you dont need reasons

It would not be beneficial to the human race. You usually don't see ants from the same troop killing each other.

The interesting observation therein is of course; Why is that ''just known''?

Would that imply we are created with a certain mindset, which needs to be encouraged and enforced by belief in a force far greater and good than ourselves?

God is far more than what meets the eye.

what is beneficial, really ?

Kek.

Nothing is wrong with it, just it will likely come around back to bite you/your family, and generally won't benefit you much.

>Benefit

you guys keep saying that word. If there's no bad there's no good.

Well as social creatures pointless murder is an instinctively abhorrent act. Cultural conditioning like mudslimes etc have to invent a reason that makes it just

Strictly from a practical point of view, its because murder is detrimental to the functioning of society, and the prosperity of humanity depends on the functionality of our society. In other words, people murdering others left and right would drastically reduce the chance of survival for everyone.

>instinct
My instinct is to kill
>inherently abhorrent
>pointless

Hmm...not necessarily.

and if there is no afterlife, this is the only shot you got, so if you get a family pissed off and looking for vengeance, you lose whatever time you have on this planet
Golden rule, baby

why SHOULD that matter? It would be more exciting, no?

getting rid of retarded autists like you is beneficial.

It violates someone's right to life.

Violates the NAP

You shouldn't do things to other people that you wouldn't want done to yourself: society as a whole would be better if we all live that way. Also, murder create public discourse and vendettas between families: not good for civilization.
Basically thisAlso, I don't need a book written by Jews to tell me that killing is wrong.

better than dying from slow starvation and colon cancer. dying like that soulds like cucky poo poo.

>He thinks everyone's an autistic sociopath like himself

says you

You take that person's right to live away and that is a crime

what about my right to kill?

Yes. Civilization is boring. We should return to prehistory when we were all troglodytes. The earth would be only able to support a few thousand of us, but it'd be badass.
>2017
>not living innawoods, wearing the skin of a bear you strangled with your bare hands, eating squirrel and nuts and wild berries.
Cave man life is best life. If I see you in my forest, I'll bash your head in with my rock.

>golden rule

hahah. What a bunch of ninnies.

That does not exist

sounds fun.

neither does the right to life

stop posting and being useless
go kill

or just be a larper faggot

Most people tend to priorize staying alive over excitement. If it's not the case for you, there are plenty of ways you can risk your life. Try rock climbing without a safety harness. Or if it's combat you seek, there are fighting sports out there, like MMA.

Of course, you could always say "I want to kill people for excitement". You should know that if you do that, sooner or later you will be put down for the good of all.

There will never be a post religious world. Why bother thinking? People are ok with killing others but no one wants to get killed. If you really badly want to kill start by yourself and do us all a favour.

Not an argument

Right? And as for womyn, it'll just be raep tiem all the tiem

Yes it does, it's a human right

It's a good rule: makes perfect sense. You don't need supernatural stuff to enforce it's validity.

based on what, you dumb faggot?

>golden rule
>(you)
not an argument

Article 3.
un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

(((LAWS)))
hahah, they're words on a page.

The entire world follows those rules, good luck trying to kill someone
Also those laws are not religious at all, so i believe that answers your OP

No it doesn't. All you did was take away religion and maintain the empty demand.

>Human rights

A myth. even when they were god-given.
The only way to guarantee your rights are not violated is via force and intimidation.

the same thing that would be wrong in a religious world: "whatever someone subjectively sees as wrong"

Imagine a Religion that considers murdering other people (including other believers) a tribute that must be payed to their god(s), fully accepting murder to be "normal". A world full of those people would be a religious world and not think murder to be wrong.

Objectively there is neither anything wrong, nor anything right about murder. Subjectively it entirely depends on whatever ideological views you hold. Christianity for example is a Religion containing ideological Elements that condemn murder. The reason why christianity condemns murder is NOT because it is a religion, but instead because it also contains an ideological part which influences the value and behavior of it's believers.

You can have such an ideology without an overlying religion, though (just as you can have a religion without and underlying ideology). So "what's wrongn with murder" in a post-religious world would entirely depend on the contents of whatever ideological influences existed in it.

To consider murder itself acceptable, disrupts societal stability, making individuals feel unsafe and uncertain about their fellow man. This is unacceptable for gregarious creatures to function in a society, so we recognize killing those that belong to to the same group as Us, as wrong and criminal.

what about from an absolutely nihilistic standpoint? Would it just be a conflict of terms at that point?

What's wrong with murder in a religious world? Why should I care what God deems "wrong"? Because he'll punish me if I don't?

i suppose so.
Of course that doesn't mean that anyone has to like it

Because if it was okay to kill each other society would collapse, but people like you are too retarded to realize this, so religion was invented by the intelligent to prevent the plebs from killing each other

hahah tell me more about your ancient murder cult.

To give you a more serious answer, any psychologically healthy human being feels an instinctive aversion to murder and all sorts of other actions, and if you have an IQ above 80 and some basic self-reflection abilities you can probably figure out the patterns behind these aversions, infer the basic rules that govern them and then consciously apply them in a consistent manner so that you don't give in to temporary emotions and commit acts that you will later regret.

pity it's gone now ;)

Nice "argument", retard.

It deprives someone of thier rights.

In a post religon world we will need to be less self centered and embrace empathy.

Understanding that people feel experiance to the degree we do to.

Killing is wrong because you force someone into feeling fear, pain, and agony. Then deprive that person of the ability to experiance.

You do not need a God to tell you that.

Just empathy.

wasn't trying to make one you superstitious juju fagget. Go shake and shimmy to the numbahs.

Very interesting topic, OP.

I had a similar train of thought recently. We are conditioned through many centuries of some 'religion' to understand that e.g. murder is wrong. In a way we evolved with religion and some things eventually became (epigenetically) imprinted on us. Even this whole charade of SJWs is based on the fundamental notion of 'being nice toward one another', originally a more or less Jesus concept.

Lately we are experiencing a turn against religion and we take all the things religion struggled to teach us for granted
> OF COURSE IT MAKES SENSE MURDER IS BAD, WTF?

I'd say that's pretty ungrateful and forgetful of us.

Interesting.

Is it coded into us though? Look at games like Grand Theft Auto. What people would have their avatars do is symbolic of what they really wished they could do in real life in the absence of laws.

You suffer from some severe mental retardation if you think your incoherent shitposting is somehow related to anything I said.

>What people would have their avatars do is symbolic of what they really wished they could do in real life in the absence of laws.
You're just projecting your sociopathic solipsism onto everybody else. People who don't suffer from your sort of mental degeneration can tell apart videogame characters from actual humans.

You feel compelled to come into my thread and call me a retard for even bringing it up. Something's odd about you jews, I swear.

I feel compelled to call you a retard because your responses are completely incoherent.

>Projecting

Yeah take your kike (((Psychology))) lesson elsewhere, bub. Preach from the mountaintops. Sacrifice babbies to moloch. Eat pizza. Fuck off.

>oy gevalt! It's like anudda shoah!

>the retard fails to make an argument again
Like clockwork. This doesn't even count as bait. Just shoot yourself, subhuman.

"don't do to others what you don't want done to you" is the simple thought that every law of every civilization is based on

except for complete retards, religion is not needed to understand that.
even some non human animal species can feel empathy. The base feeling about all this.

You think everyone's subhuman besides schizo juden anyway, you unoriginal LARPing bastard.

Well someone needs to thin the herd.

>schizo juden
But you're the schizo one. It literally looks like you're having some violent delusional reactions to the little flag icon, because nothing in my post is connected in any way to your incoherent reaction.

Shh. Nobody cares. We think it's an interesting topic. You came here to SHUT IT DOWN. Fugg off.

Funny you brought up GTA. I remember when I was playing GTA2 (not a typo), I always and I mean ALWAYS drove carefully. I don't think I ever killed any pedestrian either. I felt bad doing Kiiiiiiiiiill frenzies.

Most people however are different. They go nuts in games because they can truly be free there, with no fear of consequences. Freedom is a pretty alien concept, in reality. We're never TOTALLY free, not even in the most democratic societies. So I guess one channels those desires through the game.

Religion alongside societal evolution always tried to put our freedoms and rights in relative harmony. That's what laws do, laws are nothing but written forms of what a society considers a 'logical norm'.
> Law says not play loud music at 3am
> Law says not drive 200km/h in village roads
> Law says not kill
So it gets 'coded' in us slowly. Much like evolution happens slowly.

It is wrong because you don't- and i don't want to get killed. If we make rule that killing is forbidden, either of us doesn't get killed. Simple solution.

And of course that is modern thinking. Way back then it was kill or be killed. I'm talking about the time before central forces or goverments. Farming is tough job and your lives pretty much depended on it. Of course some people would just steal from the workers to get fed without any effort or the hard work.

What can you do to prevent this from happening? You don't want to lock him up because you would need to feed him too and you should work for 1 extra mouth to feed. You dont want to release him because he could just come back and steal more. How you solve this problem? You fucking murder that pig and live on. No big deal.

You know, I don't even think you're trolling. I think you're genuinely retarded and don't understand that your schizophrenic shitposting doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.

Well there are also just administrative norms...like speed limits. Those aren't 'coded in'--they're completely arbitrary. In fact there's this area where I live where they change the speed limit up and down exactly in order to see if you're paying attention to pull you over. I think one aspect of what you mention about GTA gives us a clue into what's happening here--you said you followed the rules. The NPCs also follow the rules. Maybe there's something sadist about having to ability to finally take your revenge on society that you see in the game (more or less) following the rules, whereas you are the Superman who can choose to be either 'moral' and lawful (as you did), or a vengeful demon (as 95 percent of everyone else did).

>Needing religion to keep people from killing instead of having a high IQ society that upholds the NAP.

> So I guess one channels those desires through the game.
So do you think that if the game was indistinguishable from reality and the game involved running over people that looked and reacted to your actions exactly like real people would, a normal person would still derive pleasure from killing and torturing the characters like in a videogame?

Why do you keep repeating yourself? You jews are really quite boring. No wonder you can't make beautiful art.

You know, I don't even think you're trolling. I think you're genuinely retarded and don't understand that your schizophrenic shitposting doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.

You faggots keep saying that like zombies. Why Should you?

Why do you need religion to know murder is wrong? Why does religion enter the question at all?
Is thepious loved by thegodsbecause it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?

So do you think that if the game was indistinguishable from reality and included characters that looked and reacted to your actions exactly like real people would, a normal person would still derive pleasure from killing and torturing them?

>Nohh ples It's anothahh SHoooaAHhhh AchhhKkk
I would.

I don't want to constantly protect myself from being killed.
Therefore, it is of benefit to me (and everyone else that shares my lack of desire to maintain constant vigilance) to live in a society that punishes those that kill, discouraging the activity from being a normal occurrence.

Literally that's all it is.

if you want kill someone or even thousands you must have the power to do it and don't expect the same. Well you aren't me anyways, i'm the future emperor!

is this a shitpost?

>NooohhhHH Ppleasse Mushivanahh It's anothah shoahh Bad goyyy!

I would.

No that's the real-deal.

1. I wasn't asking for your opinion
2. You didn't even answer the question

>Reply to Thread No.112001122
Now that's more like it!

> speed limits

It's a good example. Let's analyze that quickly. What is the purpose of speed limits? The (traditional) purpose of speed limits is to make sure you provide almost ALL drivers with a number they can drive safely around with. It takes weather into account (in Finland they change limits too), the general driving skill, the road (may be unknown to some) the overall traffic and so on.

If there's a road with a limit of 50 and you go faster you are inadvertently posing a threat to other humans around you. That's why there's a law, because it's LOGICAL one exists so there's no anarchy in the streets.

Now that being said, I am not fully in favor of speed limits... Some times they're gay and want to rob you of money, some times they're completely illogical, other times they just cause trouble. But people should follow them out of mutual respect for each other and the society they live in. It's ''coded'' in us to respect each other in order to live with each other, in a way like said.

> Maybe there's something sadist about having to ability to finally take your revenge on society

I wouldn't call it sadistic. It happens when you oppress an animal that does not like oppression for too long. Most humans are not meant to submissive peons like me. Anarchy is an extreme reaction to the current oppression of social norms (or going into killing spree in games, for the more sane ones).

>JUST

ITT: Child finds nihilism but he is not wrong

The only thing that makes human rights significant and "right" is that it is backed by force. Might is right.

ok cool xxx

Virtual reality is going to kick in soon, wait and see the results of that then we can discuss it further.

> Why do you need religion to know murder is wrong?
> I already know that murder is wrong

Yes, but like I mentioned in my previous posts, I think the question is HOW did we even reach this ''it's common sense'' stage? I don't disagree, murder IS wrong, but it got coded in us through all those centuries of religious conditioning.

> meme of rich arab chopping some guy's head off

Why do so-called "nihilists" love LARPing as sociopaths so much and pretending that they would just go around murdering everyone if they could get away with it? Everybody knows 99% of you are full of shit and are putt off by human suffering.

Well, there are so many simple ways to quantify murder as "bad" but the easiest perhaps is that no one likes it when you do it, and everyone will think you're a dangerous dick if you do

If tangible information exists that you have killed someone, that makes people wary or scared of you, and pragmatically speaking, this is counterproductive since you wont be getting people to do what you want, or want to be close to you, for that matter

Your endgame ceases to be attainable

Because personally I feel as if I can rationalize feelings away, it's just a feeling that I can associate with anything. But that leaves me with an empty void, so I fill it with virtues and live by them dearly. I guess an existential nihilist you would call it? Either way I do understand op and he is probably an ENTP personality type larping to see what people say. But his claims, like the right to kill in comparison to human rights, in a nhilists eyes, are equal, since there is no inherent value. However I want to live in a good place so I am completely against edgy impractical bullshit like that.