I want to rape my brain guide 101

pic related

Watch Jordan Peterson's videos and sort yourself out. You can't spend the rest of your life on Sup Forums.

I suppose I wouldn't have found his content if I didn't enjoy this website...

Still, there's not much more than this place can offer...

Unless WW3 is around the corner, better yourself and save your father.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew
youtu.be/tTg9dGQEki8?t=2m16s
youtube.com/watch?v=ScJkTpj5OMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you give us a better idea of who that faggot is and why I should care?

Professor at University of Toronto who said he'd refuse to use people's preferred pronouns, faced an onslaught of legal threats, and spoke out until he won and everyone backed down. Clinical psychologist as well and knower of ancient secrets about religion and human nature. General badass.

Let me guess he's has the secrets right. And he doles it out with books and YouTube videos. I seen that shit before, at a certain point it all sounds the same.

If you want to know the real secrete. It's develope your instincts and actually experience the world. Modern day living is what is destroying the human spirit. Video games and shitnposting o. Computers all day is the problem. Going through hard times is actually good for you in the long run. If it doesn't kill you it makes stronger

>freud

Or don't watch his videos. Not my problem.

He interprets religious myth from a Darwinian perspective. If you don't see any value in that and can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes to try his ideas then so be it.

Quick rundown on Jordan B Peterson?

>needing a professor to interpret warmed-over gnosticism
Sophia = gud! Demiurgos = bad!
I'd tell you to go whack off to valentinius my man but those quads are auspicious. Go about your day peacefully and wholesomely.

No, he's like us. He does it for free. (If you disregard the free money he gets with his irrevocable professorship tenure.)

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about and you don't care. Live blissfully, user, as you do.

they say Bogdanoffs bend their knee to him

If you don't journey to the bottom of the ocean to rescue your dead father on a daily basis, you need to SORT YOURSELF OUT

This meme is how info is lost to the future.
You faggots clam up and the board gets stupider.

>irrevocable
Surely that's not how it works. If he stops showing up at work and giving lectures they stop paying him, right?

quick gestalt on this guy? anyone?

Read the thread. It's like, really short and answers your question pretty fast.

Your not understanding what I'm really saying though. These people want followers. Not in the subscribe tinny channel. Like literall followers. What I'm saying what he is saying won't help you in any way. What I'm saying is devolve your self through your life experinces and sharpen your instinct.

not-so-quick rundown:
youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE

essential 'metaphysics of pepe' (for the memes):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew

avoid:
the sam harris debate (literally goes nowhere)
anything related to gender pronouns (IMO the subject is just boring, watch maps of meaning lectures instead)

While I do watch his videos you're doing a poor job of promoting him. You got into a scuffle with an anonymous but you didn't really present any good arguments.

Why don't you tell us why you watch him and how it affects you?

I think people should check him out if they have a taste for Jung

I was looking at this guy's youtube channel the other day and thinking about giving it a watch. Is the information digestible for someone who doesn't know much about psychology to begin with?

It's easily digestible for the layman. I'd recommend leaving it on in the background as you browse or play a game.

Giving this thread a bump since I made my own without searching When pressed at a discussion
>"[Peterson] would you use alternate pronouns if a student asked you to?"
>"No [...] because I don't believe other people have the right to determine what language I use especially when its backed by punitive legislation... and when the words being required are the artificial constructions of people I regard as radical idealogues whos viewpoint I do not share"

youtu.be/tTg9dGQEki8?t=2m16s

No, the user I was talking to had his mind made up about Peterson before he had ever read or watched so much as one sentence of Peterson's thoughts, so advocating for him was going to be a waste of time. As for why I like him though:

Peterson targets the most influential and all-encompassing narrative frameworks in human history and carefully and methodically analyzes them under a psychoanalitic lens. He explains the most complex and beautiful metaphors of ancient mythologies in a way that a modern layman can understand without sacrificing the value of the substance he puts forth. For example: the masculine represents culture while the feminine represents nature, thus in ancient Egyptian myth Osiris represents the state and Isis represents nature. Set, the brother of Osiris, represents evil which is basically ideological chaos. Set kills and dismembers Osiris (Egyptian culture/state but can't erradicate him entirely which means that parts of a culture live on even when a state is destroyed. Isis searches for the parts of Osiris (nature putting life back together) and fashions a golden (pure) phallus (instrument of creation) for Osiris and impregnates herself with it to create Horus (the highest manifestation/god of attention and heroism). Horus travels to the underworld (falls into chaos) and cronfronts Set (evil itself), losing an eye (a way of looking at the world - innocence) in the process. He's victorious and locks away Set (can't permanently kill evil) and rescues Osiris (the state) from the underworld (chaos).

So bad ideas/neglefence cause the state to fall into chaos, but that chaos creates heroes who by paying attention to the world can face evil and restore order to a dying culture.

Puts religion into perspective and shows that myths aren't meant to be taken literally (see "bearded man in the sky"). I find his wisdom incredibly interesting and refreshing.

he's not some guru or fuckign prophet ffs

he is a brave man for standing up to the trans pronoun shit and pc in general

and he knows about (((psychology)))

but I suppose you can impress me with something if you like

BASED PETERSON.

This seems like the weakest point of his whole xir bashing. If you have no problem with calling somebody by their name (an invented word, which can theoretically be anything), why not call them niggerkin if they ask you to? Of course the punitive legislation is out of the question and it's blatantly obvious why it's wrong, but on a personal level I don't see the problem.

His anger is that he is forced to say shit and will be put in jail if he doesnt. Peterson has stated already that he is happy calling transitioned men and women as him / her. Names are invented but pronouns have a basis in objective reality.

Names are a timeless and universal convention which serve the purposes of distinguishing one person from another verbally. Preferred pronouns are obvious political manuevering meant to promote a ridiculous ideology. It's easy to see why he wouldn't want to participate in that.

That's not implied anywhere in the question itself, though. To me this question is not necessarily related to politics or policy. If an illiterate black woman asks you to call her Le-a, you probably would be polite and pronounce the dash every time. If a troubled misguided youth, who's already so defective and wretched he cut his own balls off, asks you to refer to him as xir and is literally shaken every time you don't, I say it's basic charity to humor the poor thing.

Like I said, I understand it's different when they try to enforce it, but that's not what I'm talking about.

The Sam Harris debate was total shit

I get where you're coming from, but the fact that such formalities ARE being politicized means that simply giving in to them is an act of complacency to the ideology I mentioned should be battled with.

At one point you'll figure out that this system makes you sick, then you'll either need to live far away or improve things or accept the things destroying humanity and improving leads to discussions which leads you to /pol

Don't forget, all ways lead you back :^)

Can confirm he says Freud got it technically wrong

>Jordan Peterson's videos

Sorry he's to ugly and old and his voice is too annoying to watch.

This guy is better tbqh because you don't have to look at his face and he sounds like a man not some whiny retard:
youtube.com/watch?v=ScJkTpj5OMU

>le whatever I say is true is true based on muh fee fee's man

intellectual fraud got exposed, he's not useful