When will we run out of oil?

When will we run out of oil?

Is peak oil a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil.aspx?timeframe=10y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anzu is my wife

By the time we run out of natural oil, we've learned to efficiently produce synthetic alternatives. No need to worry.

I don't know about all that but I really want to put my dick inside Anzu. Cheers.

many times before it has been said we're about to hit peak oil

then new methods like fracking were developed
as new technology increases we'll find ways to find oil we couldn't before

Thanks finland

we will perfect solar (about 100 years from now) before we run out of oil

You won't just "run out" because as oil becomes scarce, it will become more expensive, and therefor alternatives will be cheaper by comparison. People don't use alternatives now because oil is still a better value. As the cost dynamics change, the technology will too.

Honestly I think she's cuter without the makeup.

>tfw you'll never get to slow dance with Anzu

We will run out of drinkable water before we run out of oil

dont start this again

soon and no

>trips

Maybe Kek will let me one day.

Oil will never run completely out, there will always be oil deposits in the earth's crust.

What? How?? We'll use it till it's all gone! We're addicted!!

Economics. When oil becomes too difficult to obtain it will cost much more than it does now. People will find other sources of engergy when the oil price goes up, because they will see opportunities to sell other forms of energy. There will still be oil in the ground at this point but it will be so costly nobody will want it. Early cars were gas, diesel, or electric. Petrol was cheap and easy so we went with that form of energy.

My grandfather had an electric riding mower back in the day, but when the battery went bad a few years later he couldn't find a new one. They stopped making them because for whatever reason the free market bought more gas powered ones. So then he bought a gas powered one, but missed his electric mower. One day the electric riding mower may become popular , e cars already are

At the current rate of useage (which in the 1st world and China is decreasing) we will never run out. The only problem is Africans fucking like rabbits but staying the same amount of poor

its why we didnt put saudi arabia on the travel ban

We already passed peak conventional in 2012, peak non-conventional will happen probably about 2020 then the world really starts to run down.

>peak oil

Someday but not for another 50-100 years at least. By the time the easily accessed reserves get used up we'll have better technology to access the harder to get stuff. We're already starting to see it with deep water drilling and shale oil drilling.

I'm not too worried bout it

but seriously

Actually yes do your research, "those conspiracy guys" have a great podcast episode on peak oil

BP gave an estimate of about 40 years a few years ago.

>mfw conservashits keep sucking down the big oil cock because they can't think for themselves and just parrot what their bribed leaders tell them.
There is no reason not to switch to renewables or nuclear for electricity generation, but corporations who have access to oil wells aren't going to stop milking them until they're completely dry, despite the troubles that causes when peak oil hits.

We have at least 300-400 years to worry about it.

My mistake, it was 50.

>when will we run out of oil?
When we have gone through all our reserves and can't find anymore large deposits.
>Is peak oil a meme
No. We hit peak oil in 2008. Please refer to this chart.
>nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil.aspx?timeframe=10y

We will never see oil prices like that ever again because oil will now start to become scarce. In our lifetime we will watch the switch to alternative fuel sources and artificially created oil.

It won't collapse our society but one day in our lifetime they will announce that we are now rationing oil based on government reserves. You will start to see government incentives towards alternative fuel sources.

Most likely when it does happen we'll see a conversion program backed by the fed to convert all engines in circulation to the new fuel source.

Don't freak out over it. It was an inevitability and we knew it was coming. Our rapid consumption of oil with a complete lack of conservation/rationing meant we would rapidly run out of oil.