Does anybody here ride a motorcycle?

Does anybody here ride a motorcycle?

I really want to buy a bike and I feel that buying a standard motorcycle is the next fashy goy move to add to my repertoire of being a fashy goy.

my girlfriend drives me around because Ive never had a license. I'm almost 30, btw

Old man here. I bought a motorcycle when I was 20.

Bike slid out from me on loose gravel as I rounded a corner. Serious road rash.

Sold the motorcycle, never rode one again.

I'm 26 but I want one, fair weather riding only, maybe it's foolish but fuck I still want one.

they are dangerous, and not practical as form of transportation.

what kills young men is 1. motorcyles 2. alcohol/drugs 3. suicide.

wait till you are a fat old cuck, because then you'll be doing society a net contribution via organ donation

Reported for not being pol related

Haha get fucked R A R E

Do not buy a fucking motorcycle you retarded faggot.

I'm so sick of people cruising on their loud ass fucking motorcycle home from the bar at like 3AM on a weekday.

They should be banned completely. They are literally a hazard to a productive society.

And what if I don't turn out to be a fag like you? I could have had a good time with a motorcycle.

I do. Just be very careful and try to stay off of extremely busy roads. That means if you're in the US no George Washington Bridge or anything like that. Don't do an hero. Ever. Every crash has the capability of a fatality. Be hypervigilant, keep both hands on the handlebars at all times. Know that your control over the motorcycle is a secondary factor to the other drivers' control over their cars. If you hit a car, you're dead. If they hit a motorcycle, they get a dent and can claim responsibility for your life based on the police report. Your best bet is to ride with other guys in your area. Not psychos either, some responsible guys who will help you learn responsibility on the road. I wouldn't give you a wall of text unless this was serious. Everytime you hop on a motorcycle you are taking a serious risk. Much more serious of a risk than getting in a car. Definitely don't just do it for the "image." First off, that's pathetic and makes you a poser. Secondly, motorcycles are serious business. In the same vein as buying firearms. Don't do it for your political beliefs. That's cringeworthy.

what motorcycle is capable of driving fast on the roads but also capable of driving off road?
also what self defense weapon is best to carry on a motorcycle?, seems like bear mace is the best choice besides a handgun (if someone is harassing you, simply spray it in the drivers side window and ride away).

Bikes are the scum of this planet, but if you must, buy one of those classic nazi bikes or at least modify yours to look like it, can't get more aesthetic than that

It's not an image thing, they seem fun as hell. Riding up to VT or NH on a summer day seems gorgeous, I have to experience it for myself.

I'm looking for a standard bike, and would prefer lightly to moderately used for financial purposes, any brand or model suggestions?

>fashy
Motorcycles aren't very fashionable, maybe try a Vespa. But if you care about being fashionable you're a fag so fuck off.

bought a slightly used GZ250 after taking the MSF course (it's the same bike I trained on)
swapped out a bunch of colored lenses, took off decals and reflectors, added eyelids, sissybar, crashguard, saddlebags and guards and fork shock boots (not in that pic), some misc chrome parts

it's slow as a mother fucker but it's a fun starter bike

It's one of the most liberating things I do. I love it. It's a ton of fun, but you need to make sure you're dead (and I mean dead. You might die) serious about it before you make the purchase. I would start with a 250cc. Inb4 "oh 250cc that's for fags lol they can't even top 100." No. If you're hopping on one of these bitches without any knowledge of how they work, you want one that tops out at 80mph. Anything of that vein. Japanese motorcycles are fine. Don't buy a Harley until you're an experienced rider who can hang with other experienced riders. You'll know when that is. They'll tell you.

im getting one of these ,

is this a good beginners bike ??

I don't want a harley, not my style. I like how standard bikes look the most.

Thanks for the tip.

the TU250 is the standard entry level bike with the classic look

I have a Honda New Concept 700X

Quiet as heck, and the most fuel efficiency you can get on a bike. Low horsepower, but powerful torque at all engine speeds.

Even though it's quiet I may get an exhaust silencer to make it 'stealth' quiet...

Google that shit OP.

I used to own a standard but upgraded to my NC700 for long highway trips. Standards suck on the highway, I love a nice tall adventure touring bike with side cases and a big windshield.

Oh, and I have a secret "glove box" where the gas tank ought to be ;)

Pic related. Note the Canadian splendor in the background ;)

It looks like its made of legos

So you are a tool who can't drive.

OP, get a bike that has ABS, on this safety note...

Suicide can be avoided from the pure joy and zen of riding ;)

Bikes kill Fuckers who deserve to die anyway

I put 7000 miles on bike and never had a fall. Then one morning in a light drizzle I went down braking into a stop sign. Don't know what the fuck happened but it felt like I hit a fucking ice patch and I've been nervous ever since

Thanks for the suggestion, looks like it fits my needs

crisp bike, thanks for the input

The best self defense is the bike its self. No one can possibly keep up with you, not unless they have a $200,000 super car... even then the bike will have better cornering ability.

What you want is an "Enduro" for on and off road. But you would almost need to sets of tires...case knobs suck on pavement and street tires are trash on trails

Good luck user, hopefully got grants you a merciful death. I hit a deer 3 years ago and have been shitposting from my wheelchair ever since, pissing and shitting into a bag.

get an old 70s bike. I got a 1970 gs550 for like a grand and it's only got 8k miles on it and is in great condition. shit is tight and in nyc it makes libfag dudes feel like the pussies they are and then u hatefuck their 'girlfriends'

>tfw I've had deer jump out in front of my bike

The problem with motorcycles is that the traction on the road is determined between 2 wheels instead of 4. There are many times when your wheels on a car start to slip, but the slack is picked up by the other 3. When you hydroplane in a car, it's because all 4 wheels are unable to grip the road, or just one is and the rest of your car pivots around that one. The likelihood of that happening on a bike is 2x at least. I'm sure some statistician or actuary will correct that figure, but for the purposes of what I'm saying is 4/2=2 so I'm sticking with that. Motorcycles are inherently more dangerous. I'd never ride one in the snow, and I'm always very cautious in the rain. I use mine for recreation only, and I have a car for my main transportation for this reason. I also have kids. I'd never put them on a motorcycle. I'm also extra careful because I don't want them growing up without a father like some hoodrats.

HONDA

US bikes are trash and overpriced noisy tractors, other Jap bikes are knock off, British and other bikes are too expensive.

My NC was $6000 all decked out, that like half of new price and it was only 4 years old looks like new

I ride in the winter, the most important thing is to always assume after a day of winter rain, if it has gotten below 30 degrees F overnight, there is an ice patch somewhere waiting for you

You're full of shit. The only bikes that can easily outrun most cars are liter bikes and even then a relatively cheap modified car can usually hang with them.

Jesus that made my scrotum crawl just reading it. I'm too soft to risk that shit. I'm pretty much a 3 season rider for that reason alone.

Yes. Motorcycles are fun. They are also WAY more dangerous than cars, no getting around that. Also unless you live in Arizona or Southern Cali motorcycles are toys. I live in WI and can only ride from March to early November. If you don't have a drivers license learn the rules of the road in a car before hoping on a bike. Just don't get a cafe racer that's the reddit of bikes.

Don't start out on a powerful fast bike. 500cc scoots around ok and will be lighter and easier to handle.

Getting some time on a dirt bike and riding off road before mixing it up in traffic will help a lot.

Serious advice. If any sort of group offers basic safety courses take one of those first, it will save you quite a bit of money and you will get the idea of whether or not you actually enjoy riding a bike.

Get comfortable with the idea that eventually you will crash. It's not a matter of if, but when, and when it does happen everyone will blame you regardless of the circumstances. People will run you off the road for no goddamned reason.

You will not save money using a bike over a car. Yeah, they are "fuel efficient" but the secondary costs will rack up pretty quickly and you will discover that owning a motorcycle is just as if not more expensive than a car.

Cunt. Older man here, 41. Been riding since I was 18.. This is a '92. Bought it in '11 I think. My 15th and last bike probably, unless I find a W650 for real cheap.

Rode for 2 years, lady pulled out in front of me in a truck and I hit her front end and broke my right Tibia and Fibula this past July. Was going about 30-35. Feels bad man. Still want to ride but I scurred

this nigga knows whats up

I have nearly enough cash saved for a drz400sm and I'm stoked

I had an 86 a few years ago.

Was cheap and fun at first but I had to fix EVERYTHING.

After a few years, and my insurance went down I got a modern bike that just always works perfectly every time.

Oh, and did I mention the miracle that is ABS on new bikes yet?? That shit could have saved our poor fried with the colostomy bag who ate the road while stopping and slipping out =/

I still ride a 250cc. Highly underrated as a get around town bike. But hopefully i will up size when I graduate from college.

Fun as hell and much more economical. I purchased my '94 Honda for $1200 and it needed a new gas tank, which was $500 from the factory. There are less moving parts so less things to break. 40 miles to the gallon, $5 to fill the tank.

I recommend Honda. They'll run forever if you take care of them. Don't be too cool to wear a helmet.

That's tragic user.

May actually do this, and genocide all deer in the surrounding area this fall as a preemptive measure.

Yes

Motorcycles are fucking bad ass
Serious joy to ride and fast as fuck
Honda Nighthawks are great-4 cylinder power in a cruiser style.

Sold my motorcycle because I live in Chicago and too many shit skin drivers or dumb women texting.

I will ride again when I move to the country.

Ride safe, user!
if you're ever in qld ome talk to the rebels some time

Used up my 100,000 miles. Used up my Motorcycle Luck. It's a Hobby you Quit while you are ahead.

it looks like the tank is kind of bloated relative to the bike body, strange proportions

Did you get some of that sweet insurance duckets?

Other guy is right. I've heard good things about Enduros.

OK, so, flat out on the highway a car can keep up to like a 250cc kids bike. But, man, a 1000cc bike should go like 250+kmph, so, fuck ya that will outrun any car. The acceleration of a machine like that is only matched in like a Lamborghini, and how Fucking often do angry gangs of niggers chase white boys in their Lambos?

Where I live it's all twists and turns and cars can compete

In the city you can squeeze in and out of traffic and down alleys and no car will be able to touch you.

Ya dig?

I agree with this. I am definitely putting this to bed before my 40s. I'm 29 right now and I've been riding since I'm 22. I had kids at 26, and I realized what matters to me is them, not this hobby. And that's what it is, a hobby. I'm definitely quitting while I'm ahead... just after this next summer of fun (and that's where it gets you)

Motorcycles are definitely Sup Forums approved. Just don't get a fucking Harley, shits meme as fuck

That was a 90s thing with Honda. Eventually they got it right.

>riding at 150+ mph
jesus, at 60 i feel like im inches away from death

Just bought my first bike yesterday. It's raining here so I only rode for a few minutes while the sun was out. Can't wait to be able to actually get around on the thing.

pic related isn't mine but is the same

Tear drop design, pretty standard. They're wide in the front and taper off under your nuts.

I'd also add I fucking hate working on cars but bikes are much more simple.

>I agree with this. I am definitely putting this to bed before my 40s.
Why? We made it this long.

>This kills the hope

This. If you want a cruiser get an Indian or Jap bike.

Currently in the process. Gotta give shlomo his cut

Yes. I'm 48. Been riding since 9. Mostly enduro and motocross. Current bike is a Triumph Bonneville. Advice if you buy a bike: Assume everyone on the road is trying to kill you. Also, don't ever ride beyond your skill level. Best of luck, user.