Defund WHEN?

Accidentally heard this in the car
>our planned guest fell through
>was Lena Dunham, Now Le Steven Colbert
>straight Reddit in audio form

Why the fuck am I paying taxes for this horseshit??

Even if they lose funding from the NEA, they still run off of private donations

Thats how it should be tho.

This needs to Happen.

>we hate le 1 percent

Fucking hypocrites.

Just gaming the IRS here

Yeah, defund all tax payer subsidies for that shit. PBS too. Let the funding come from rich dicks who don't wear socks, and all the crypt cunts and militants dyke professors.

Exactly.
>The new pozed Sesame Street character hosts a migrant family

>PBS too.

Yeahhhh no.

lol r u srs? That show was awful brainwashing back in the 80s when I was kid, and somehow it keeps getting worse.

I don't disagree with any of this

I hate NPR radio

i will fukken hunt you down and slice open your ...dont fuck with my NPR...I LOVE YOU NPR

SHUT UP AND GO LISTEN TO YOUR
FUAX NEWS BULLSHIT

NPR will be fine without public funding. It'll still be useful opposition research dotted with some entertainment programming.

National Panhandler Radio
National Propaganda Radio
National Pussyfied Radio

The content will change if you add commericals

P--please no. I need This American Life.

The 2nd one is the only good one
National propaganda radio or neoliberal propaganda radio

all news programs are bias

Good NPR programming:

-A Prairie Home Companion
-Marketplace Morning/Evening Report

Bad NPR Programming:
-Everything else

They already have commercials. Just a different method with less intrusive ones mentioned within the programs and intrusive ones in the form of pledge drives.

I don't think they'd have to go to regular commercial format.

Wants to be taken seriously. Posts anime pic.

Nuke it from space or White House petition.

this american life is alright too

Get the gas, boys.

You know it's the right thing to do. Neither Burt nor Ernie will ever let you give them a mustache ride. Sorry user.

Wasn't that one of the first things Trump did?
He announced the defunding of NPR and PBS

...the commercials currently running are very intrusive and adding more will lessen what NPR stands for in general

NPR plays great music. It's so comfy tuning in to some classical guitar or jazz on my drive home from work.

Got a shower with a wooden door and a box of Zyklon B ready to go!

>(((This American Life)))

It's some of the most cucked shit they have on there desu

I always get a kick out of faggots saying this on an underwater hentai weaving forum.

When my local station replaced that with wall to wall establishment line pushing, I stopped donating. Which is too bad; I'd be happy to donate if I could earmark it to just go to the local reporting and some shows I value.

wouldn't surprise me if it has turned to shit, as I mostly listen to the original episodes (0-400)

They have more commercials than commercial TV.

This post was brought to you by Kansas, supplying wheat for your breakfast. Kansas - come join us!

You're reading Sup Forums.

This is Sup Forums on Sup Forums. Sup Forums is supported by the internet and members like you.

I like NPR. I just tune out some the more liberal BS they try to throw in at times. Here there's THINK which is a show where they do an hour interview with one person on a book or famous person in general. Its very good. Also Morning Edition is good.

TAL is how I learned transgender was going to become a really big thing back when that word was not in the common lexicon.

> this American life
This is the thick rimmed glasses + elbow pads on a sport coat, of radio.

Rename yourself to Prescott or Biff.

Literally kike propaganda.

It's annoying.

How much in federal taxes did you pay last year? $2,000 for me.

That's OK. I just don't want my money confiscated bimonthly for this shit.

does he put food in the birds nest?

It's the way of the road. Remember, the enemy of my enemy is still a faggot.

Well that's just how much was withheld.

That's still a fuckload. What do you do or a living?

DEATH TO THE BOURGEOIS!

IT stuff, 15 years in at a large corp

Looks like about $10k.

Never.

$0 And I made $120k+

Faggot.

It's fucking nothing.

Typical Sup Forums tier trash.

They've been lambasted for being too liberal and also too conservative.

ie they are fine

NPR used to be fairly unbiased, but it seems over the last couple years the conservative bashing has become unbearable.

About $300, but I run a cash business.

De-fund NOW.

I don't even understand what your vague post is attempting to communicate.

NPR is a collection of the most arrogant faggots in media

NPR wouldn't be a problem if they had tried to remain impartial

They are such raging homosexuals they deserve to be shitcanned

They brought in on themselves

Listening to NPR is like having tea with a cuck-numale while his 5 cats run around the house

NPR should be gassed

It has become r/politics. The Jews have turned on the kike-juice.

>5 cats
Kek.

Tough shit the government shouldn't subsidize media so that your delicate ears don't have to hear commercials while you listen to liberal cunts pat themselves on the back for hours on end.

All you liberal cunts are supposed to be well educated and rich, stop being g cheap asses and donate. I guess it's too much to ask liberals to not be a bunch of freeloaders though...

If you have a problem with anime you can always run home to reddit

I feel the same way about my $ going towards "muh free birth control"

The "news" part of NPR programs is actually fine. It's just that the commentary and presentation is obnoxiously smug and liberal.

NPR gets most of its funding from private donations at this point. I was listening to on the media the other day here in NYC. The host of the show had on their boss (an orthodox jew) to ask him if the time has come for the media to take up arms and fight the trump presidency. The boss said it is not time to do that, and the media should as always remain neutral and report the news. I was happy to hear that from their boss himself. NPR is the best place to go to get coverage of local things for your city, for the most part they do a great job, even if they lean liberal on many issues.

NPR can keep its funding if every broadcaster gets punched in the face once and really hard

>radio
It will soon go the way of the newspaper. Podcasts will kill it.

That's their fucking M.O.--their version of charity is other people paying for their shit. It's the same reason you see them on twitter with slactivism. They'd rather benefit from niggers brawling while they have high tea.

Planet Money used to be pretty good, now they're all cucks talking about how amazing big banks are. And of course all Trump's ideas are awful

>sponsored by Goldman Sachs

No it won't--not as long as people drive in their cars.

>he does not like npr

Sorry you fell for the public radio is shit meme but NPR is amazing. Morning Edition and All Things Considered are some of the best news programs you can find. Marketplace, On Point, and A1 are also fantastic.

Its a shame you missed out on Diane Rehm, she just retired. Once you got past her voice she was the best interviewer you would have ever heard. She gave no fucks and didn't take bs from anyone left or right.

It seems you're upset that you're paying taxes for what you believe is a liberally biased media when in fact it is not as it has been criticized as slanting both ways.

Make sense now wittle babby?

They already lost most of their public funding, it accounts for like 7% of their total income. They are even allowed to call it "National Public Radio" anymore, just NPR.

Fuck off--it's just liberals saying 'don't let the goyim know that easily.'

My local NPR took away jazz at a decent hour. Now its on at like 10pm when, and they replaced my cozy jazz with more bullshit talkshow garbage.

Good for you, kike faggot. Pay for it yourself. It's like asking me to pay for your goddam morning Starbucks. Fuck off with that kike shit.

Garrison Keillor is a libcuck tho. But yes prairie home companion is the only decent one on there.

My local broadcaster runs two different stations, one has news and jazz starting at 8 and the other plays all classical. You need to move to a better radio market.

How is this site still in business?!

L I T E R A L L Y
I
T
E
R
A L L Y

nothing wrong with this

Diane rehm was the most cringe-worthy host npr has ever had. Constantly interrupting callers and guest to interject some pointless statement or even insulting them for no reason. Fucking hag should be sent to the nursing home.

If the shows are so great, they can succeed or fail on their on merits.

Jesus you can't even reply to me right. Go take a shower, Moshe.

How's this then faggot. It's not the 1940's anymore where we need a radio station so everyone can have radio. There are thousands of radio stations and satellite radio, and internet radio. How about we stop funding this, period.

It's now run by a mandolin memer Chris Thile, also libcuck tendencies but at least they keep it to a minimum, thankfully. I think the format of it helps. It's also nice when you don't alienate half of your potential audience by getting political.

I don't get that either. People paying for something that's free. Hilarious.

Okay, you want to pay for my moving cost then? I just make my own playlists now, and i dont need to turn on NPR

Contractors have to pay to get on the site.

See Mr. Rogers had the right idea when it came to public broadcasting. He was also a minister who understood the power the media has in shaping good god fearing american children and produced wholesome content. Nowadays the global marxists have leached onto institutions like this and have used to spread their agenda unfiltered to the youth. It needs to be purged entirely, we're past the tipping point.

TFW Tons of you faggots actually listen to this shit. Sickening!

Yes. Perfect.

You only pay for a small portion of keeping rural transmitters on. Y'know, so there's at least one news source in places where there isn't anything else.

> Your taxes don't pay for abortions
> Your taxes don't pay NPR or PBS journalists, only transmission towers
> get a grip.

>implying rural idiots listen to public radio

Its obvious things like the TVA and other public programs in rural america are a waste. Get the government out and let private corporations provide for the idiots. I am sure it will work out.

You bet your garden is good too
Fresh air can be tolerable
Way with words is good if you like english nerd stuff and entomology
On Point is usually pretty fair

I have a solution. If you like NPR, donate. If they got small donations from the majority of their listeners, they'd be fine and wouldn't need commercials (although I'm sure liberal talking heads don't come cheap).

Just don't take my tax dollars for it, I don't listen to it.

>Jesus you can't even reply to me right. Go take a shower, Moshe
>How about we stop funding this, period.
Jesus you can't even punctuate a sentence correctly. How about you go take a shower dipshit?

>How about we stop funding this
Why?

Hey user, I think he's still waiting for an actual reply.

Then it shouldn't matter if we remove the funding and there's nothing for you to get triggered over-- right, faggot? Hmm really makes you think.