Lets have a discussion;

Lets have a discussion;

A law of Augustus allowed that women guilty of adultery could be sentenced to forced prostitution in brothels.

Should we also force also force women/men guilty of adultery into prostitution?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution
singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

What?! Why?

Lewd

>you had sex now go spread disease for everyone

Where do i sign up for this law to be passed?

why not?

after necessary health checks of course.

>implying that's some kind of punishment for them

just find a political party that is pro these kind of laws and vote for them.

considering the roman society, it was a punishment for women actually.

Make the petition to the white house now

your mother would enjoy all the new cock

THICC

dont think so, my mother never did such stuff.

Adultery is a victimless crime

Hurt feelings are not a crime

found a roman BLACKED

No, we should reimplement the babylonian ways
>The foulest Babylonian custom is that which compels every woman of the land to sit in the temple ofAphroditeand have intercourse with some stranger at least once in her life. Many women who are rich and proud and disdain to mingle with the rest, drive to the temple in covered carriages drawn by teams, and stand there with a great retinue of attendants. But most sit down in the sacred plot of Aphrodite, with crowns of cord on their heads; there is a great multitude of women coming and going; passages marked by line run every way through the crowd, by which the men pass and make their choice. Once a woman has taken her place there, she does not go away to her home before some stranger has cast money into her lap, and had intercourse with her outside the temple; but while he casts the money, he must say, “I invite you in the name ofMylitta”. It does not matter what sum the money is; the woman will never refuse, for that would be a sin, the money being by this act made sacred. So she follows the first man who casts it and rejects no one. After their intercourse, having discharged her sacred duty to the goddess, she goes away to her home; and thereafter there is no bribe however great that will get her. So then the women that are fair and tall are soon free to depart, but the uncomely have long to wait because they cannot fulfil the law; for some of them remain for three years, or four. There is a custom like this in some parts of Cyprus.[3]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution

yes

to makes use of them, it's called a whore tax. be a whore get taxed like a whore

That you know of

say you are married for 10 years, you have invested so much into your relationship (most importantly your time) and then your wife does adultery with someone else.

how come this is not a legitemate crime? you invested your time, money, psychology etc.

Octavian was based as fuck. He'd fuck your gf but pass a law saying no one else could.

>male prostitutes
Unless you want to enforce sodomy, which is degenerate and unsanitary.

But yes, no cheater should go unscatted. Marriage is a contract, disrespecting it should at least incur legal penalty. Nowadays, only men are punished by end of marriage, independently of him being the cheater or not. Worse, men are turned into financial slaves even if the ex-wife cheated.

nice try faggot

>Adultery is a victimless crime

bullshit. its a breaking of a contract.
spending the families' money chasing sex from others.
there should be no question who your heirs are.

Herodotus was notoriously full of shit though so I would take what he says with a grain of salt

that i am sure of.

pic. related

but in most cases if man can prove the woman was cheating then he gets away with it doesnt he?

but what should be the punishment of the cheater i am more interested in.

thats pretty shit imho. prostitution cant be sacred.

You didn't disprove the swede.

As for punishment, I don't know. Certainly, cheating should be important to define who will have the kids. Goods dividing was always a load of bullshit too, nothing romantical about saying your things are your wive's too just to virtue signal that she can use them.

still whatever you earn when you are married is half your wife's because maybe if you didnt marry her you wouldnt be able to earn those goods as well, thats another issue.

marriage should be a proper contract imho, as in people should sign a real contract that covers stuff like cheating etc.

>A number of other ancient authors corroborate Herodotus's account. By their testimony it appears that not only in Babylonia and Cyprus, but throughout the Near East, ancient societies encouraged the practice of sacred sexual rites.
Herodotes is certainly a biased source but it looks like he is right on this one.

You make every girl go through it so that they get it out of their system. The ancients spent millennia refining ways of controlling their women

Sex is all that a lot of women are good for.

That's an INSANE viewpoint. Hypergamy can seriously erode society, and it's doing it now.

singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html

tl;dr: Hypergamy breaks down monogamy, thus giving the large mass of otherwise-productive beta males (beta does not mean what Sup Forums and PUAs say it does) little incentive to work hard. They then face competition or outright attack from monogamous societies.

Hurt feelings are not a crime if they are felt by un-productive snowflakes who are only using them as a weapon to get the product of other people's toil without working for it - but hurt feelings on the part of males who would otherwise be productive and have incentive to build society are deadly cancer.

I don't see the reasoning in the first sentence. Men and women don't become a single entity because they are married, a man can have properties himself while married. A married person still have a criminal record of its own, a job solely in its name in which he earns his/her money and so on.

I always saw marriage as ideally a contract, but the government is a jew that puts its evil hand and warps everything. That's a modern phenomenon, I think, marriages didn't use to be a threesome with the State.

ancient egyptians were mexicans?

they were always a threesome with the State actually, in ancient roman times as well.

how do you be sure "its out of their system" though?

Not an argument

>breaking contracts is victimless crime

we also force also force

You're right. As an institution, it would be weird if it exist by itself. No point in having coined a legal status if it did not have ties to the law.
Still, I believe the State is much more intrusive nowadays.

Probably they feel degraded as shit. Especially those who are so ugly they are forced to wait for years.

tbqh its to make it official and to keep a record of it. if not so how is state supposed to keep track of all couples?

say a woman goes to court and says her husband cheated on her, how is state supposed to know if the guy is actually her husband or not?

also how is state more intrusive nowadays?

I'm against prostitution. In a global sense it only works to belittle groups of people. Dudes never prostitute their own women. They always go to what's difference to make a point.
White=Chinese bribes
Blacks=White Women
Spics=Spics women. (Just from another country)

I can find some mixed girls attractive. But this is just down right disgusting.

They should be forced to prep our bulls

see degredation can be achieved in other ways as well.

from my initial Roman law thing;

in roman culture being a prostitute was one of the lowest, degraded thing a woman/man could do, next to actros and gladiators (minus the slaves but slaves were seen as property not humans). so you could basically do the reverse, just force people to not have sex outside of marriage and make them believe that if they do they ll be degraded. set up your laws according to that etc.

>a tight little ass is disgusting because is dark
>I'm not gay
Pick one.

Would rape and kill / 10

In the past, fights among spouses were their own thing unless it scalated pretty badly, for example.
We can see the most difference when divorce came in scene and started the trivialization of marriage. Now we have unprecedent abusive laws of paying ex-wives and losing the kids "just 'cause" despite it making no sense and the children having stopped sucking tits years ago, sometimes being already teenagers.

I don't know how marriage appeared in other countries, but in Brazil it was also a religious thing. The Church kept civil records of people but it was a mess, as they disregarded people of other religiousness (or lack of). Marriages were handled the same way, but only if the couple bothered registering for the legal shinenigans of inheritance and so on.

>animalistic whore has sex with other men
>lets pay her to do it more that'll show her

I prefer letting them get branded somehow, or forced by law to let people around them to know they are cheating scum, like pedos. Let them be shamed for life.

Still not an argument

so this is what you dont really understand. in roman law when you go prostitiution, there is no turning back. from galia to egypt, its written everywhere that you are a prostititute.

>Prostitutes had to register with the aediles.[18] She gave her correct name, her age, place of birth, and the pseudonym under which she intended practicing her calling.[19]

>He issued her a "license for debauchery" (licentia stupri), ascertained the price she intended exacting for her favors, and entered her name in his roll. Once entered there, the name could never be removed, but must remain for all time, an insurmountable bar to repentance and respectability.

but back in the day when you could not divorce it must have been worse for both parties so that we came up with the idea of divorcing, hence ending the marriage without degrading eachother.

that cat guy has a black head.

That won't work in the modern day. It's pretty much slavery. Plus, skanks these days already glorify being worthless sluts. They'd just pretend to be proud of being prostitutes and fuckboii cucks will reward/defend them.

I would.

>dye her hair white
>never look at face

would breed drow elf/10

Divorce should always be an option indeed, but it shouldn't be that easy and unequal in punishment.

If people are signing a contract and involving government in it, playing around with the system by just saying "meh, we tired" shouldn't be that easy. They are creating an economical demand from the State because of their shit, creating papers and moving personal to deal with. Divorce shouldn't be trivial, as it turns marriage in a joke. In case of a cheater the weight should fall on him/her, but not without proof unlike the present days where women's words are truth by default.

so than what should be a proper solution?

as an example in turkey, in order to make it harder for people do divorce, when a couple applies for it, they first force them into going a marriage consulter and try to solve their problems peacefully and make them stay together. if the consulter believes that the couple really wont be able to make it, then they let them go to court for divorce (not that the judge actually divorces them outright though, its still a proper court). at least this is ideally what should happen and whats in the law, i am not sure how much it is applied and how much it is honest.

I like that law. I'd feel a lot safer getting married

Cheating in marriage? If provable in court a large fine (depending on amount of years married) for the cheater should the victim decide to divorce, bigger fine if the married couple has children together, and branded a cheater for life. Which means anyone who looks them up will know they are cheaters (cannot be trusted) and cannot remarry.

cannot remarry sounds ok but still thats hardly a punishment because she can still do whatever she wants with other men just as a gf.

COLONIZED

ideally we'd like to burn the whores alive but this isn't realistic in cucked modern society, neither is forcing them to be sex slaves.

Forcing them into paying a large fine and ensuring no decent man will have since their reputation is ruined them seems fair.

Perhaps banning anyone from dating them by forcing both to pay fines/risk jailtime if caught.

that seems really unrealistic compared to what octavius came up with 2k years ago tbqh

>advice from cockroaches.

It's a matter of civil law, not criminal law

breaking contracts is a crime though

Maybe in your Caliphate, but no civilized country considers contract law to be criminal law.

>Should we also force also force women/men guilty of adultery into prostitution?

Interesting solution.

so you can break a contract and get away with it? how does business work in "civilized" countries then? i guess thats why lehman brothers got rekted in the latest crisis in USA. because you can just do whatever.