Arrival - Real World Symbolism

How redpilled was this movie?

I think it was easily the most realistic first contact movie ever made. Especially how the nations reacted when China and Russia went 'offline'.

This is a piece of Cinema genius. I recommend everyone see if they haven't already.

It points out a lot of flaws with current society. It's a very interesting introspective.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8M1VYNe5v9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this better than Sicario?

I don't think Denis will surpass that

I don't watch anything out of Hollywood unless it's made by people I trust.

They lost their fucking privileges.

It was a TV screen all along. Inside a giant inflatable banana. Everyone got trolled.

>This is a piece of Cinema genius
I felt it was good, but not great; the protagonist didn't have to give up anything important for the story to magically resolve. It seemed sentimental.

was a shit movie.
alien octopus drawing circles in the air, very shit and boring movie desu.
>but omg those 5 seconds of screen time accurately portrayed russia and japan
who fucken cares

I just finished the movie and holy fuck, like I feel like I just took a bunch of acid.

Whoever wrote this just must have been on so many goddamn drugs.

Dumbest aliens ever.

>implying any good sci-fi movie came out since... hmmm.. Moon, maybe.
Why is Hollywood so fucking useless? I'd like to watch a good sci-fi movie.

another stupid jackdurden.com thread

It was not a shit movie.

Your dumbass kangaroo Cornhole sniffing nigger tier intelligence couldn't keep up with the high intellect of the movie.

>thinking you can do things like write a coherent and enjoyable movie while on "so many drugs"

With this they kind of redeemed themselves.

I was very impressed.

Last movie that blew me away like this was Interstellar.

Second half of the film ruined it.

>"We came here for magic girl who can see the FOOCHHURR. Also we need you primitive apes for something in 3000 years from now, kay? kay! bye~"

Interstellar was trash though. Why do neckbeards always praise it?

Watch it again.

Dude the guy who wrote Alice in Wonderland was on a shitton of drugs.

But in all seriousness, kudos to the writers. Very impressed.

I give it a 94% overall. Great cast, and great storyline. A little hard to understand at first but when you get it, it hits you hard.

Have you watched Star Wars The Force Awakens? Don't.

I think Denis is my new favourite director. I've enjoyed every film of his that I've seen, albeit "Enemy" was a little weird.

And to OP, I agree, great movie

>strongk mother+daughter smart, need no man, men buffoons who can't communicate or connect.

btw here is some philosophy on time that men like Augustine and Nietzsche came up with and some cuck writer wants women to take credit for presenting.

> Mexican intellectuals

>a soap opera
>in space
I don't think this trash is even considered sci-fi, is it?

>t. mexican intellectual

Great film. But Sicario is the most redpilled movie ever made.

Sicario was definitely 95%.

My only complaint is they should have made it an hour longer

aside from the
>hurrrr Alex Jones made me bomb da aliums
and the
>hurrrr I know my kid will have a terrible disorder and I will divorce this guy but fuck it
I honestly enjoyed it. It was original and pretty daring for hollywood sci-fi and the idea of language and perspective was a fun plot device.

Honestly it is an example of good Sci-fi, whereas Star Wars is an example of turd Sci-fi

Reminded me of Contact desu senpai.

>Doesn't beat the original Russian Solaris

The movie was downsy tier retarded and not realistic at all.

The Aliens haven't done anything aggressive and obviously have vastly superior technology.
>Lets put a bomb on it and try to destroy them.

Fucking retarded.

Totally agree.

It was a major anti-feminist.

Interstellar was bad. Arrival was worse.

Why does Sup Forums have such shit taste in movies?

>primitive apes
I had a discussion about this with one of my relatives over Christmas. Why is it hard to imagine an alien species that is more advanced in some ways but less advanced in others? Humans are incredibly violent as a species and have developed awe-inspiring weapons of destruction.
I know that typically in sci fi films, the aliens are always super advanced and basically better at everything, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

Damn great story, I'd love to give the book a read if it's well written. I just wish wish another kino director and editor sat on the material, made it their baby and fleshed it out more, instead of churning it out in a few months to make it a Christmas blockbuster. I just felt like the premise had so much damn potential and it got Hollywoodized and shit, they didn't even feature the oscar winning Forest Whittaker but for a few scenes and a few throw away lines. In comparison to fucking Passengers, this seemed like masterpiece though. God that movie was the epitome of cash cow Hollywood, thankfully it didn't even break even in the box office.

I did and I hated it even more.
Nolan blows ass though. A
>Mexican intellectual
would probably have Inception or MEMEnto in his top 10

And you didn't answer my question

There is a reason they weren't aggressive and that's because they needed humanity to help them in the future.

>Implying humans wouldn't try stupid shit like attacking a super advances alien race out of fear.

Kek wills Sicario as GOAT

This is a typical leaf shitpost in action.

Filled with libshits too busy virtue signaling to make good movies.

Sicario was--I think--better, but I agree, it's a hard movie to top.
The Arrival was also damn good. If you like Denis Villeneuve you will probably like The Arrival.

It's nice to see scifi that isn't just retarded splosions.

>most realistic first contact movie
>redpilled

The fuck is this? This movie was created by globalists in a board room.

t. untermensch

>The Aliens have vastly superior technology

Says who? Their atmosphere is /literally/ milky cum. Who's to say that they could even grasp the concept of an exploding device that sends frag everywhere, considering that that wouldn't work in their atmosphere?

Great concept, horrible execution. Fuck your stupid predictable personal family life time paradox twist.

This. I just showed my entire family the movie on Amazon Prime since it's available to stream for free on that platform. I even showed my girlfriend and she even agreed that it was probably one of the best films all of us have ever seen. It rivals 13 Hours.

>most realistic first contact movie

Even better than Contact?

fyi I'm a cryptojew

Not an argument still. The only good movie to come out of the super hack Nolan was and will always be The Dark Knight

Same director as Enemy?? Didn't see that coming and couldn't tell from watching Arrival. That movie is beyond brilliant. Anons whatever you do, watch that shit.

The whole movie was very politically based.

>hollywood movies
>not a political topic
riiight...

t. Probable underager who has never used any drugs

The movie is literally pro globalism. It's bluepilled if anything.

Highly recommend Zero Dark Thirty and Tropa de Elite and Heat if you haven't seen them

I wish Baysed did more muscular filmmaking though

Nah bro. I've smoked a whole marijuana before. I'm cool.

I have to admit, after finishing the movie, I was totally lost, but watching an explanation video made me appreciate it a lot more

Irrelevant. The point is they were never aggressive. Yes, humans in fucking Kenya might try to blow it up, but no way would a first world western government blow up the first alien race to visit the planet when all they have done is hover in one spot and literally done nothing. It's just Hollywood painting the military as trigger happy and stupid, as usual.

I thought it was good, however, I thought the twist was very obvious from the beginning so that kind of ruined it for me.

Overall 8/10, need more "thinking" sci-fi movies like this.

Interstellar was good until about half way through. Then they began talking about some love bullshit and went into nonsense, especially the ending.

damn that movie looks good.

Thank user.

You all should really read Ted Chiang's book. I really think the guy has the potential to be our generation's Asimov. Shame he hasn't but out anything in the last six years.

How did it push Globalism? It just pushed cooperation and not paranoid chink behavior.

>I think it was easily the most realistic first contact movie ever made.
I felt like it was masturbatory and very female thinking-orientated but I still enjoyed it.

Yeah it's the difference between 'was a sci-fi story first' vs something written for the screen. I look forward to the day when computing power and sofware is developed enough to make movies out of stories for much less than currently - there's a frikken /wealth/ of good, thoughtful written sci-fi out there.

>enemy

"don't cheat on your pregnant wife because you are a commitmentphobe, you won't like it and you might have to live in Mississauga if you do" what a shit morale hidden under all that "mystery".

Metaphor for globalism. Aliens appear to be cryptic niggers to make America realize to cooperate with the other 12 nations to crack the (((code))). Kike story for a shill thread like this. Anyway shouldn't be giving a you so here's some nigger giggle

They have interstellar travel and can fuck with gravity. They win the technology dick measuring contest.

Sicario is fantastic. The scene when they first enter Mexico is 100% pure electricity.

Alex jones tricks the white racist drumpf supporters into trying to blow up the aliens

Heptapod rights are human rights
Drumpf BTFO

Seen ZDT, it was very good. I would recommend it but the director of that has also worked on some masterpieces such as Point Break (the original 1991) and The Hurt Locker.

1. Agreed, that was a little autistic how they snuck a bunch of C-4 onto a spaceship. But you saw that they got caught which is why that gunfire broke out outside the explosion.

It's pure shilling for globalism and NWO or what ever u wanna call it
It was a good movie but made by Jews
/thread

.02 deposited into ur account

Honestly, I feel bad for people like you. Your devout commitment to your politics stops you from enjoying genuinely good stuff. Video related.
youtube.com/watch?v=8M1VYNe5v9s

tons of freemasonic shit in that movie

Heat is marvelous, too. Forgot to mention that, I haven't seen Tropa de Elite, however.

This scene was fucking crazy. The soundtrack, that one soundtrack that you know what I'm talking about as it played throughout the movie played into the scenes INCREDIBLY.

2. It was very realistic for Russia and China to go all paranoid and crazy and of course the chinks would misinterpret the information and prepare to start a fucking interstellar war. Chinks are fucking stupid and Russians are super paranoid. That was very realistic.

Felt the same way. The story was adapted from a novella / short story.

Interstellar's main issue is that despite wanting to romanticize the concept of scientific discovery, it barely does anything to do so and fails to champion or portray the sentiment of wonder surrounding it. You can tell by Zimmer's score and the early trailers they were gunning for that. Yet they chose to focus on a contrived love subplot instead for the final product. And when it tries to get into a carthasis it just falls flat. There's the whole Matt Damon thing also.

It was like a very expensive scifi film school short film directed by an autist

Sure, but maybe they're not a violence-oriented species like humans are. There's definitely room for artistic creativity there. As I've said earlier in the thread, humans have gone to pretty insane lengths in order to develop new ways to kill one another. We could potentially be one of the most militaristic species out there.

Again how is it globalist and NWO?

No one created an one world Government. Humanity evolved passed a point of conflict. Which is hopefully what we will be able to do at some point.

Only a fucking kike wouldn't like that.

I agree with a mexican. If any of you thoight interstellar was in any way deep or meaningful in a nongeneric way. Congrats ur dumb

No that just means you're as smart as a Mexican.

Read "Contact"

It's the most realistic for the time period, and is fucking brilliant. Plus, it's a book and wasn't directed by Hollywood liberals, so it's actually introspective and recognizes humanity's inferiority to the aliens. We are primitives in an infinite cosmos of wonder and glory, filled with or devoid of life greater and lesser than us.

Did you like The Lobster?

The guy that discovered DNA double helix was on "so many drugs"

Interstellar managed to turn a smart Matt Dameon character into bad guy. That's good enough.

Plus Matthew Mconahay going through a fucking black whole and that it was humans in the future who were helping humans from the past.

Shit was fucking TRIPPPPYYYY.

But Arrival totally takes the cake when it comes to time related movies.

interstellar tries to make

faith in humanity > flawed faith in science

You've pretty much nailed my feelings about it. It starts off so well and then just turns into jumbled train wreck from there.

Sure, but my point is any species that is capable of doing shit like that, the knowledge gap alone is so huge fighting is pointless. They could just take off and smash the moon into Earth.

It's like a puppy trying to fight the whole of the US military.

I saw the movie and I very much enjoyed it.

Yes it was pretty realistic but it's an old movie. They should remake it without Jodie Foster

The plot resolution was a complete let down considering the grandeur they were trying to go for. The only reason the movie is so well received is the great atmosphere it creates.
Plot was shit, though.

Complete shit. Globalist undertones. Ending made no sense. Aliens that can see the future come to earth to teach humans to see the future by learning their language since they're gonna need humanity's help in 300 years. Yet somehow these magnificent beings didn't bother To learn the local language of English or chinkese. Cliche army getting in the way of derr scientists, even tho said army would be the best trained to deal with aliens. If you liked interstellar you'll like this as well as the taste of shit.

The book's way better than the movie for real. Firstly, she needs to find proof of their trip, and there were five crewmembers in all. I won't spoil it, but she has to work to prove it. Anyways, definitely read the book to compare it to the movie.

Thats fucking shit isn't it.

Fuck sakes user.

i wish the movie was slower and focused more on the scenery.

No, Moon is a great movie. Its not shit, and even feels a bit like Portal if you watch it.

Gomorrah and The Hit have similar techniques too. Highly recommended.

And it just came off as perplexing and messy

Yeah. The atmosphere when the crew goes through the wormhole was aces. Should have had higher stakes though.

Plot could have been better thought-out. But I mean I thought MM did a finominal job. As well as Jessica Chastain.

I honestly think that was probably Matthews best acting performance.

i was gonna watch it, but the first 20 minutes of utter boringness put me off and i watched doctor strange instead, a much better film in my opinion, and much more relevent for human advancement then a fake and gay alien invasion, which is what it'll be when it happens

Yes a continuation would also be good. I didn't like how it just kind of ended.

The short story was better. The concept is very interesting... communicating in a way that transcends time.

The Martian was breddy gud, but that's owed mostly to the book writer, not (((Hollywood))).