Left disillusionment

At what point did you become disillusioned with the left?
What was the turning point for you, or the final straw, things that made you critical of the left.
Former "leftists" most welcome.

Had my suspicions with the 'flow' of Aussie politics during the mid 00's, The Greens/Labor/ Left leaning parties are never ever-ever satisfied, often assuming the moral high ground while they whine bitch and moan.

Last straw was
> Kony 2012
> From the start knew that it was too little, too late.
> realized most followers were virtue signalling slacktivist trash
> conveniently used as reminder to call out virtue signaler's bullshit.

Fuck Melbourne, seriously.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/og3Ta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For me it's the opposite. The right is full of retards who'll believe anything, I'm going back towards the left.

I've been on the right from the moment I saw my home and my people completely destroyed. You will see it soon.

the whole identity politics bullshit, it would be retarded to be a leftard if leftards continue to slander me as the devil

When I realized everyone around me was a mentally ill hippy who smelt bad

>be commie
>commie friends are retarded art students
>no economic literacy even when it comes to Marxist economics
>stop doing commie things with commie friends
>series of bad experiences with "diversity"
>go far-right on almost everything
>notice the non-whites and women around me are actually pretty nice
>gradually develop nuance and become a functional adult

College. Parties were cool but the idiocy that seems to follow the liberals gets too obvious once you live with them.

>2007
>LE CAKE IS A LIE
>All these (((Gamer)))) GRRRLS suddenly receiving unprecedented attention for simply voicing their opinions
>Realize this could easily get out of hand

It's been a rough 10 years.

When they finally got Berlusconi to step down from his Premier position.

We had our Trump, even ahead of its time, and we blew it.

Two reasons.

First is the one you describe, the complete and utter transparency of everything they try and do. The ratio of "effort:exposure" has to remain at all times as low as humanly possible. Sharing Click bait bullshit it in order to satisfy their craving of gratification that the age of social media has left them chronically addicted to. For instance where are gay rights protests held? Never in canberra where these things might actually mean something due to our politicians being there, no it happens in the cbd of sydney or melbourne as it grants maximum exposure for the tiny effort of a stroll through a street 5 minutes away from their piece of shit hovel in newtown, which they drag their narcissistic carcass back to afterward.

Second is also extremely related, their means of coping with defeat, or more accurately not coping. The resurgence of right wing groups or ideas in trump in the us, one nation in aus or brexit and ukip in the uk should be met with a desire to rebuild within the left. A serious discussion of: we fucked up, what went wrong? How do we trim the fat? How do we make left wing politics great again? Instead what do we have? Protests, smug celebreties calling us uneducated rednecks (blissfully ignorant of how that alienates these people further) and generally blaming the fucking voters. No constructive dialogue at all to speak of, why? Because a major overhaul of the left is too much hard work, they have instead opted for crying until the general populus inevitably lets the pendulum swing back left at which point they can smugly claim "they worked for this" without actually lifting a finger.

Thats why I'm done with them.

>realise the left is retarded
>join the right
>realise the right is retarded too
>be sad and angry
>unsure of next step

>Foreign kids got special treatment over me when i was a kid basicallt everywhere

Fuck them

Once bashing anyone who's white and male became the "in" thing to do.

>STRAIGHT. WHITE. MALE.
>why are straight white guys (doing gay thing that never happens like ""brojobs"")?? lol
>white male entitlement
>manspreading
>bro
>this isn't about you!
>kill all men
>not all men
>sit down
>LISTEN, AND BELIEVE
>if you're male you're a rapist
>ANGRY WHITE MALE GAMERS

They made it abundantly clear that they want to turn us into punching bags. Male feminists gave into that and developed shit like depression and cuckold tendencies while the rest weren't willing to bend over for them and started shifting their political views to the right - not necessarily because they agree with what people on the right say but because they want to get as far away as possible from fucking leftist cancer.

What scares feminists and lefists and the like the most aren't MRAs, anti-feminists or whatever. It's the men who simply just don't listen to their bullshit and treat them like that crazy doomsday preacher on the street.

good read

this. I'm an American and lost all hope in the left when being a cis white male became synonymous with the devil

>What was the turning point for you, or the final straw, things that made you critical of the left.
When I was I college, I took sociology during the peak of OWS

Melbourne is good
They just got the ratios a little off

for me

>Watched TyT avidly
>They can only shill Hillary
>We could have had real equality if the left didn't keep swinging the pendulum into white racism
>Found Milo, Good ideas but he's also too far about keeping women in the home
>I'm central trump supporter, i like the shit thrown across the world stage so we can glare ab the absurdity of this world, plus logical polices

The Zim-Zam boondoggle. Specifically the way all the evidence was ignored in favour of shilling the narrative

Form community with those around you and become a bastion of non-retardation.

Stay strong in your values and make your decisions based upon them.

>from the moment I saw my home and my people completely destroyed

A dire warning from the leaf.

I got into arguments with other liberals on normie boards on things that wouldn't have mattered several years ago. That's when I realized I was no longer a lib...they have moved way too far to the left. What was left back then is now considered center-right.

OP here.

Thank you for your contributions.

Polite bump for further discussion

Honestly, seeing the left's reaction to Islamic terrorism since 9/11 (I was young and lefty then) until the current year has been a big long red-pill spanning a decade and a half.
>
Thankfully we are in the post-left/right timeline now.

When I got a job.

Living in California where every dem is insane and trying to build a utopia off the backs of the few rich people for every poor and illegal immigrant in the state.

I agree with your post regarding Islamic terrorism it seems like the white elephant in the room, they conveniently ignore the apostates of the faith and what they had to say, and its enabled by TV personalities like Waleed Aly who would imply and discredit that a published author who warns about the slippery slope of extremism is just out to make money on controversial issues, yet conveniently dismiss the plight of West Papuans under muslim Indonesia as "nothing much we can do"

I particularly agree with with the breakdown of dialogue, with the belittling and the smug assumption of the moral high ground.

I appreciate your post mate. You are so right. That's why i have steeled myself to fight this until the end. We cannot let them win

What I wrote in another thread about faggots in school pretending to be righteous.

I was always a stiff, culturally conservative, judgemental killjoy who rightly criticised my friends for being retarded and am much better off for doing so. Words like "communism" were associated in my mind with things like Stalinism and until very recently when the Germs revealed what cucks they are I was a huge Germanboo, in large part because I loved militarism, military attire/aesthetics and the SS.

The second they defended Islamic terrorist attacks

When the entire media turned on Trump, thereby aligning with the left. The media was silent with the Bush regime. People don't even see their cognitive dissonance.

The globalist play both hands. They try to gaslight you. Gotta be fluid in these times.

Absolute final straw was the day of the last general election in the UK.

Conservatives won an outright majority. I had voted labour and was disappointed, and upset. However, in the time it took me to get to work, I had reasoned that the public had voted and that we must continue forward and make the most of whatever situation we find ourselves in.

All of my friends were screaming bloody murder on (((social media))), and then people started violently protesting. And then people I knew who were crying started saying they didn't vote.

I was disgusted. I went from being a labour voting quasi assured leftist to right wing classical liberal literally over night. But there had been earlier signs; for example, I had long ago stopped following and buying liberal newspapers, because of how biased they were being.

I agree, the Texas party scene red pilled me too.

Zimmerman trial was the final straw.

That's when I realized leftists lived in a different reality.

Started when leftists convinced themselves that being racist against white people was A-OK and proceeded to spew that hateful rhetoric everywhere on social media. Got worse and worse as leftists time and time again refused to use logic and/or evidence to explain their views, preferring instead to simply insist they were right or bullshit and logical fallcies like "muh feelings". 100% cemented during the US election when it became incredibly obvious how deeply biased the mainstream media was towards liberal views.

archive.is/og3Ta

When the ACORN scandal was buried on like page 20 of the NYT with the headline, "Conservatives Draw Blood From Acorn, Favored Foe."