Start reading books

Why aren't you reading books Sup Forums? It's the ultimate weapon in today's dumbed down society.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
mega.nz/#F!0F5GXTjS!oGdz8UP5JbcleNMy6YKLvg
interleaves.org/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
beautifuldecay.com/2011/08/10/daniele-buettis-the-great-cold-slipped-right-under-my-nose/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rising_Tide_of_Color_Against_White_World-Supremacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what do you aussies read other than wildlife survival manuals?

>Read history books from the 19th century
>its not dumbed down at all.

It's really like a different country to read books from the past. It makes me think.

Only animals don't read books

>t.teenager that just started reading books and now he's status signalling

I read books all the time. Most Jews read books, it's in our nature to be curious and seek intellectual stimulation.

If I were a goy I would be looking at weeaboo infographics explaining how Jews are evil, though, who needs book when you have memes.

I like listening to audiobooks and podcasts better, it makes my menial dishwasher job more enjoyable.

M8, you wont find dropbear wrangling techniques in a book, you need to learn that stuff firsthand and figure out something that works for you.

>reading the printed jew

Case in point. Who needs books when you have ignorance and Sup Forums.

Good goy. Knowledge is weakness. Ignorance is strength, etc. etc. you know the rest (or would if you had read 1984).

what's this from?

Anyone who isn't a subhuman philistine reads books

>mfw found a 4 volume history of the english civil war from some time in the 30s and it was absolutely astounding

Wrong. Reading books and then putting pen to paper is the better redpill. Destroying tyrants of past and future using a pen. Tilling out information that changes the minds of those otherwise unaware.

We all have power. It's just many of us will not know of it. It takes hundreds of years sometimes before our fruits of labor drop from historys' tree.

Well recommend me some

Start with the Greeks (and Romans).

>Why aren't you reading books Sup Forums?

Most people here do, hence we have a pol book list

What in the fuck are me and the Nord looking at?

It's actually unhealthy to read books, you should just read media.

I don't read books, because I get my knowledge directly from the akashic records. :)

by now all your books must be printed in Mandarin and Arabic

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg

mega.nz/#F!0F5GXTjS!oGdz8UP5JbcleNMy6YKLvg

Couple links from a thread earlier this week

Also most books in those links are Sup Forums-centric obviously but don't forget to read literature from the other sides as well. An educated opinion is crafted from knowledge of the whole rather than parroting the words of the few.

part 2

Read these

Reading Dune series right now. Also, I would suggest buying ereader. Comfy af.

>lolita
>kafka

yeah no these are shit memes, this is why most books are shit, they are either angsty shit or degenerate

>tho

>to read literature from the other sides as well.

"The other side". On what topic exactly? You can basically only mean Philosophy/Politics. In subjects like History, Economics, Psychology and General Science (especially about that IQ gap) there are no sides, just facts.

It when you know how humans work, then there is not much hope left for left wing politics, only for a very few high IQ individuals who think about Utopias that also only work if society consists of high IQ individuals... so never.

tho I read the stranger and that book by marquez

why, what would I have to gain by reading Cicero and Plato that would benefit my life?

FPBP

how do i recognize a good book Sup Forums?
from author or are there any parameters for it?

is that belly of leo's mom from whats eating gilbert grape?

>how do i recognize a good book Sup Forums?
You can't. For left wingers Mein Kampf is shit, for others it's great. Tastes differ. There are no prior indications if you like a book or not, you can only know after you have read it.

Hence you start looking for books which are recommended by a certain community you regularly frequent and as a result, you get and So pick a topic (Philosophy, History, Politics, Economics, Psychology) and start reading. So far, every book I have read I saw as a gold mine for information, though not everything of such books is always relevant.

kafka's work is a virtual road map of the jewish mind

how can you expect to outwit the jew if you don't even understand what happened to gergor samsa

I've been reading Brave New World this week. Pretty spooky shit considering how long ago it was written

Love that "The Controller" is blatantly a jew. Little bits of anti-semitism keeps me going in life

testing something, don't mind me

He turned into a fucking beetle because fuck you I don't know why

interleaves.org/~rteeter/grtbloom.html

everything on here is pretty solid

Anyone here read Marx?

>inb4 commie

I just think its good to look at both sides

i want to read a good book on history of mankind.which one should i pick up first?
also you look well read what are you doing here?

im not some virgin who reads phiolosophy and looks at stars

the original german word for what gregor turns into translates to "an unclean animal unfit for sacrifice"

>really fires the neurons

the decline and fall of the roman empire by gibbon

Top kek

>i want to read a good book on history of mankind.

Too broad a topic, depends on where you want to start, i.e. 50.000 BC or later? You could dive into 20000 pages of text with ease. If you want a Sup Forums version of history, then pic related.

>also you look well read what are you doing here?
You think the recommended pol book list was created by people who don't read? Do you even logic?

>Anyone here read Marx?
Is started reading the Manifesto and had to fight myself through the first 50 pages and fell asleep and can't even remember the content. Still have "Capital" around, no idea when I will start reading.

the communist manifesto isn't much longer than fifty pages, senpai

Yeah I have some kind of retard version from amazon with 30 additional pages in the beginning and another 30 at the end for extra propaganda purposes.

haha kind of like when they release a deluxe version of an album with a few extra tracks so you can buy it all over again

>mega.nz/#F!0F5GXTjS!oGdz8UP5JbcleNMy6YKLvg
thanks very much for these links.

beautifuldecay.com/2011/08/10/daniele-buettis-the-great-cold-slipped-right-under-my-nose/

"art"

Or like the new released Mein Kampf Version in Germany with additional content for context and "debunking" Hitler... The book has now 2000 pages instead of 700 or so.

A friend of mine, a terminal muscle-dummy who claims to be 'alpha', once loudly and seriously declared to a large group of people:

'Fact: Nobody has ever learned anything from reading books'.

He took the group's stunned, perplexed silence as evidence that he 'blew peoples minds', and used the anecdote in other conversations about how his views on life often 'wake people up'.

Don't be that guy Sup Forums. Read books.

What if all you read is PC and liberal books? This is a stupid assumption.

Damn. Sounds shitty.

Glad my copy is pretty neutral. Just the translation and no fluff. Doesnt make it an interesting read though, I'm starting to see people call it the ramblings of a madman now. Hope it picks up

thanks,appreciate it

The book is not really relevant actually. It was needed to accumulate money but the book is not relevant in regards to party policy. I recommend Hitlers second book and Hitlers table talks. They are more relevant.

>why, what would I have to gain by reading Cicero and Plato that would benefit my life?
Nothing really. Living in the modern world and having a modern education you've already been to exposed to pretty much everything those books are about.

Well of course... topkek. Don't bother with education goyim, public school tought you everything you need.

If plato's teachings were in any way revolutionary to you I feel sorry for you.

Philosophy and Politics mainly, yes. History I would argue can be twisted and distorted in certain lights. I hate to go for the low-hanging fruit but would a biography of Hitler be written the same by, say, a modern liberal and a member of Sup Forums? I think not. Facts can be obscured or misinterpreted after all.

This is not as much of a concern in scientific literature, but one can still cherrypick scientific studies to make their points.

Literally not an argument.

It is you who encourages people to not read this stuff. People like you are cancer. You should encourage to strife for more, not telling them that their public education is good enough...

Why would I recommend gypsybro read something that even he himself doubts would benefit him?

You're right, I'm not encouraging people to read just for the sake of reading so they can circle jerk how sophisticated they are because they have read certain books.

I will however encourage poeple to read stuff that is actually useful them. If you've had a modern education in a first world country or are even moderately intelligent, reading Plato for any other purpose than entertainment is pretty much a waste of time.

>tfw collect antique books
If I had a camera that actually worked I could easily start threads on old ones of etiquette and social interaction

>need to read books to be better than others at work
>need to work
>need to listen to jordan peterson's lectures
>need to read the gulag archipelago
>need to sort myself out
>need to read other books of various topics
>need to lift
>need to clean
>need to eat

very little time in a day once you start using every hour

haha yeah bro

books and thinking is for fags

>Implying books are the only way to transmit knowledge
You paperback fascists deserve a helicopter ride

Name?

I picked up reading a few months ago and so far I've read

Candide - Voltaire
The Undisocvered Self - Carl Jung
The Art of War - Sun Tzu
How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
Prometheus Rising - Robert Anton Wilson
The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli
Don Quixote - Miguel De Cervantez
The Portrait of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
The Alchemist - Paulo Coehlo
Sherlock Holmes Complete Stories: Volume 1 - Arthur Conan Doyle
Persuasion - Jane Austen
Siddhartha - Herman Hesse

anymore reccomendations for something entertaining and light? Just ordered some Sup Forums approved shit like The Republic, This Spoke Zarathustra, Meditations, and the good ole U.S. Constitution

If you Avent read Plato you're a fucking infant.

>Anyone read Marx?

Of course. But before that, Kant and Hegel. And before that, Plato and Aristotle. And before that, I read How Achilles slayed Hector and then guarded his corpse to be sure his flesh was devoured by the dogs of Troy and the carrion birds!

Wise up, motherfuckers!

iktf

>I picked up reading a few months ago and already I've read the entire western canon..

Do you guys annotate or take notes while you read?

I try to and it ends up killing my desire to read. But I'll try again later until my desire dies. It's a slow process.

Don't get your recommendations from reddit or clickbait articles.

(((Publishers)))

the ultimate redpill

Im very lonely.

bump with good books

I didnt know where to start so I just looked up some top lists and remembered some names. Is there any positive attitudes left in the world or is it literally just me?

Who is the author user?

Thats a very good idea. I do tend to gloss over the books and forget stuff over time. Good one to really take in the info

Thanks user

18th 19th century lit is like reading fantasy-realism from another world.

>lolita
GTFO Kike

i read manga..

Shaking my head man. At least pick up light novels

>tfw 23 and all i've read is horror, science fiction and the occasional ancient greek literature.

How do I get good?

This.
I just randomly pick a book about anything (well anything that seems at least interesting to me).
Don't limit yourself to only one thing like an autist.

Oh yes it is no doubt helpful to remember... my issue is it slows down reading a lot for me, and makes it that much harder to stick with over time. But I get through it, slowly.

Books are still edited by jewish publishers.

You will find the most truth on the internet.

Just read Forsters The Machine Stops and put it into context.

The majority of books one needs to read were written between 1850 and 1945.

Since everyone of you hates the press so much just read Public Opinion by Lippmann and The Psychology of the Crowds by LeBon. Those to books cover how information is brought to you in order to herd you into a dead political system so you keep working for your masters until you die.

you realize people from 5000 years ago are just as intelligent as people today right? Like they would have had similar IQ and abilities, the only difference is knowledge and technology.

There's really no such thing as irrelevant or outdated philosophy. Sure if you're talking science that we've built upon and improved then reading the early stuff wouldn't be of much benefit other than as a recreational activity to glean something about their thought process, but philosophy? just as relevant today as thousands of years ago.

Here's a good book.

97 years ago, this dude predicted that the population growth of non-whites would threaten the white race.

Why didn't we do anything lads?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rising_Tide_of_Color_Against_White_World-Supremacy

Yeah, plenty of positivity, steer clear of the self-help end of the spectrum and you'll be happy

Rational Optimist - Matt Ridley
Abundance - Diamandis & Kotler
The Coming Prosperity - Philip Auerswald

Another great place for book recs is /lit, of course. They obsess over a few authors and there's the meme trilogy but they've got recs for everything from Homer and Plato to Pynchon, Mishima, Bolano.

It's okay to read within your comfort zone. So-called "junk food" books are important as well for fun but you should make a point of reading more classical works. However in doing so you may find your enjoyment of less sophisticated works to be slightly diminished.

Obligatory

>The Remains of the Day

Good recommendation

In an island cabin for the weekend with Blood Meridian and the complete works of Elizabeth Browning

I only bought the Carnegie one due to a friend's recommendation and it is pretty much stuff I already knew but never really thought about in depth. Thanks user