/cg/ Catholic General

CATHOLIC GENERAL - "Am I doing this right?" edition
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. If you feel something is missing, please ask for it to be included while providing a link. As usual, we will be assisting with answering questions.

Today is Sunday of the Fourth week in ordinary time.

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

CATHOLIC NEWS
>Bishop launches campaign to urge Trump to protect religious freedom
catholicnews.com/services/englishnews/2017/bishops-launch-letter-campaign-urging-trump-to-protect-religious-freedom.cfm
>Priests from various countries support the Five Dubia
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/02/01/clarification-is-gravely-needed-international-priests-association-gives-support-to-dubia/
>one of the Dubia Cardinal claims it is suicidal to impose conscience over revelation
lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-caffarra-division-among-pastors-is-the-cause-of-the-letter-we-sent

Other urls found in this thread:

usccb.org//bible/readings/021217.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
ccjr.us/dialogika-resources/primary-texts-from-the-history-of-the-relationship/272-luther-1523
catholic.com/quickquestions/if-jesus-was-a-jew-why-are-we-catholic
tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/161086/observing-torah-like-jesus
google.com/amp/s/www.compellingtruth.org/amp/was-Jesus-a-Jew.html
pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/jesus/bornliveddied.html
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/was-jesus-a-jew/
theologian.org.uk/churchhistory/lutherandthejews.html
uni-due.de/collcart/es/sem/s6/txt09_1.htm
jesusisajew.org/Jesus_is_a_Jew.php
leaderu.com/theology/jesusjew.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf5RSsvClQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JsJ-dDPiTbk
youtube.com/watch?v=adyUNQ7U8NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sihUavBCYGc
urbanfamilytalk.com/radio-programs/airing-the-addisons/2016/august/18/hr3-israel-and-its-defense-against-its-enemies-and-white-christianity-dying-in-america/
shoebat.com/2016/01/13/91140/
spectator.co.uk/2015/06/2067-the-end-of-british-christianity/
thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/26/the-religious-right-is-right-to-be-scared-christianity-is-dying-in-america.html
google.com/amp/s/randompublicjournal.com/2016/01/16/why-is-christianity-dying-in-europe/amp/
newobserveronline.com/christianity-dying-out-in-germany/
christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/european-christianitys-failure-to-thrive.html
thecatholicthing.org/2015/11/10/on-the-dying-of-europe/
christianexaminer.com/article/abandoned.by.missionary.agencies.christianity.is.dying.in.europe/47985.htm
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2015/apr/14/british-christianity-trouble-religion-comeback
beliefnet.com/faiths/home-page-news-and-views/why-christianity-is-dying-but-spirituality-is-thriving.aspx
theblaze.com/contributions/maybe-christianity-in-america-is-dying-because-its-boring-everyone-to-death/
pastebin.com/gHyE62Gu
electronicintifada.net/blogs/hilary-aked/uk-anti-muslim-leaders-embrace-israel
archive.is/mtIlW
archive.is/wiSka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=W_rC-495Z_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gut morgen

Bump for Christ's church.

Not sure if the regulars are even awake/available at this point, but I felt like giving it a kickstart this Sunday, forgive me Wolfzheim!

Was waiting for this thread :)

I've just been getting back into catholicism as of late. I've been an atheist agnostic for several years and it's left me spiritually unfulfilled.

The problem is that you can't choose faith, and I'm having a hard time grappling with that. I really want to believe but my mind won't allow me. I don't deny the possibility of God, I just cant bring myself to put absolute faith in Jesus,

Is it possible to be a religious agnostic? Or do I just need to keep trying to strengthen my faith and allow the holy spirit to guide me?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

>shitposting on the holy sabbath

stop finding an excuses and just submit

Today is also the sixth Sunday in ordinary time. usccb.org//bible/readings/021217.cfm

We are the only ones who know how to fight the supernatural

Just do what I did, read the bible (and the old testament for extra points) and you'll just gradually become a beliver.

lmao, sorry, I copypasted the OP and missed that part.

youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U

going to church soon
is it okay to eat communion if I haven't confessed or done anything yet? people give me mixed answers on this.

Eating the Holy Communion while in the state of mortal sin is a mortal sin itself. Don't do it. Confess first.

Don't do it user, it's a mortal sin.

Currently taking an RCIA class to become a catholic. Used to be protestant methodist.

Really looking forward to becoming catholic

that's what I thought but some catholics will tell me to do it anyway. it's devilish.

Well, that's scandall on their part and a nice way to go straight to hell.

>is it okay to eat communion if I haven't confessed or done anything yet? people give me mixed answers on this.
Also you shouldn't see it as "eating communion", it is after all the transubstantiated body and blood of Christ, not just some bread

OP here, first of I feel bad for making such a shit OP, second, I feel bad for making the OP when I haven't even fully converted to catholicism yet (but I'm getting there)
Third, and this is the actuall question.
Can anyone here quickly sum up the "messages" the different books in the old testament is trying to bring?
So far I've interpited Gensis as just showing us humans how imperfect we are and that we shall never doubt the power of God, but what does say Exodus and all the other books try to tell us?
(Reading KJV is a chore, but it's the only non-corrupted translation as far as I know.)

Reminder that Chick btfo'd you papists years ago.

douay rheims is like the catholic KJV

Your pope is a dope

He spouts out marxist nonsense at every turn.

1 pope is final authority
2 pope is a cuck
ergo: catholics are cucks

this guy gets it

Hello, there. I was directed this way a week ago and just remembered to stop by.

Couple questions to anyone reading.

Why Catholic general over Christian general?

Are you required to go church as a Christian?
My father was raised Catholic while my mother was Unity. Growing up, I went to many different churches, none of which found favor with my parents. Now, on my own, I find the same. My parents routinely had family bible study after dinner and I have found that method far more enlightening. No priest, who honestly probably has no experience in what he is talking about, no heresy of symbols, and no random faggots in the congregation.

Do you believe in a summerland afterlife over reincarnation, and why.

What is your opinion on the works on Edgar Cayce.

Is playing fantasy p&p / tabletop games considered sinful and "worthy" of confess?
Some content could be viewed as extra-heretical

Because the word "Christian" sadly includes protestants and other such heretics

It's a mortal sin to skip church

I haven't really made up my mind on the afterlife, I just belive God's plan for it will be perfect.

Edgar is a retard

The catholic Church is awesome.

Throughout history, no one has done more to resist the satanic jew agenda. This is why jewish owned media always tries to make the Catholic Church look bad.

The problem is that you now have a jew as your pope (look at the nose)

Pope Benedict was forced into retirement, probably due to some kind of jewish blackmail, and they replaced him with a marxist faggot to continue the destruction of the white race and to give the jews a scapegoat.

That's like saying America includes Detroit, so we don't use the word America. Are you willfully excluding everyone else; is catholism the only choice?

Why is it?

Perfect how?

Final one, doesn't matter, why so?

Catholicism is disgusting.
The words of men have never and will never produce ethical compulsions upon other humans.
Only the spoken Word of God carries such weight. You all have an un-Christian reverence for a bunch of useless fleshbag sinners no better than yourselves.

America includes detroit, and as of such we make fun of America because of that.

Because you skip the company of fellow belivers and God because you're a lazy piece of shit

Perfect as in created by God

wow you catholics are dumb

don't you know jesus said that eating something can't corrupt you, only what you do.

>Confirmed Catholic
>bloodline includes the first American cardinal

AMA

Pray for faith.

Although you can naturally, by reason, prove that God exists, trusting in Him due to His authority - the Catholic definition of virtue of faith - is a gift of Holy Spirit.

From today's reading:

You shall not kill; and whoever kills will be liable to judgment.
But I say to you,
whoever is angry with his brother
will be liable to judgment;
and whoever says to his brother, 'Raqa,'
will be answerable to the Sanhedrin;
and whoever says, 'You fool,'
will be liable to fiery Gehenna.

Let's remember this in here.

Is an actor sinful for portraying a wizard?

The answer is no.

The dangers assigned to fantasy and tabletop by the church were rooted in fears of causing the participant to lose grounding in reality. They are no more sinful than alcohol, movies, or reading.

Moderation is the key.

Reminder:

Jesus never claimed to be God
He believed gentiles were dogs
He predicted the eschaton would happen in the lifetime of his disciples

But you don't attend to refer to describe America as one state.

Who says I'm lazy? This is a discussion of irrecoverable theological differences. I also never found the passage about how being lazy was a mortal sin.

You're being circular and evasive. If it is created by God, it would have be perfect as its nature, but that is beside the question.

>Reading KJV is a chore, but it's the only non-corrupted translation as far as I know.

It's you shall not murder.
>leaf
Oh nevermind

I wasnt part of church till my mu teen days. Now im 26 and im struggling with bad life decisions, psychological problems.

Yes, i am scared, i want relief. There is nothing noble in my return to church.

But first,, it will be time for confession. It wll be confession of 13 years outside church.

>Jesus never claimed to be God
Just because you do not have any understanding of scripture doesn't make Jehovas witnesses a valid sect.

Now this is some real fucking shit bait. Way too over the top with the fucking furry.

>sum up the message

Oh, so this is why you're a catholicuck, you can't think for yourself.

>not go to place for one hour one day per week
>god hate you now

?????????????

He does claim to be God, at least in the gospel of John (the last one to be written). But the other two are obviously true and it says it right there in the Bible, I am always surprised how many Christians don't know this. But I guess if they did they would realize it's all bullshit.

Go to a Unitarian Universalist church. They are based in Christian tradition but don't demand belief in any particular doctrine.

>Jesus never claimed to be God
Yes he did, see John 8:58.

>He believed gentiles were dogs
No, he didn't literally believe gentiles where canis lupus.

>He predicted the eschaton would happen in the lifetime of his disciples
It did happen, in 70 A.D. the Romans executed a successful genocide of Jews and raised Jerusalem to the ground.

>don't show up for work
>boss fire you

?????????????????

Jesus is a jew

Martin Luther- Jesus Christ was Born a jew.
ccjr.us/dialogika-resources/primary-texts-from-the-history-of-the-relationship/272-luther-1523
If Jesus is a Jew, why are we Catholics?
catholic.com/quickquestions/if-jesus-was-a-jew-why-are-we-catholic
For christians, Practicing Judaism means being like Christ.
tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/161086/observing-torah-like-jesus
Was jesus jewish? He infact was.
google.com/amp/s/www.compellingtruth.org/amp/was-Jesus-a-Jew.html
Jesus' many faces- yet he was born, lived, and died a jew.
pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/jesus/bornliveddied.html
Was jesus a jew? He was.
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/was-jesus-a-jew/
Jesus is a jew- Martin luther.
Luther on the jews- jesus' people
theologian.org.uk/churchhistory/lutherandthejews.html
Jesus Christ is born a Jew
uni-due.de/collcart/es/sem/s6/txt09_1.htm
Jesus is a jew
jesusisajew.org/Jesus_is_a_Jew.php
Jesus is a Jewish man
leaderu.com/theology/jesusjew.html
Jesus is a jew verses

Jesus was taken to the temple as an infant according to the Jewish law of Moses (Luke 2:22).

Sixth, Jesus was at the Jewish temple as a child according to Jewish custom (Luke 2:41-52).

Jews Use Christians to Meatshield Israel

Brainwashed christian Zionists are indoctrinated by Jews to support Israel through ""second coming"" ideology
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf5RSsvClQQ
Zion's Christian soldiers- Ultra Nationalist Israelis believe in expansionist Zionism and use Christians to support them
Part one-
youtube.com/watch?v=JsJ-dDPiTbk
Part two-
youtube.com/watch?v=adyUNQ7U8NQ
David Duke- The Insanity of Christian Zionism and Jews using them

Judge Napolitano- Israel greater enemy than Iran due to political control of republican warhawks
youtube.com/watch?v=sihUavBCYGc

Israel and the defence of its enemies and christianity is dying in europe
urbanfamilytalk.com/radio-programs/airing-the-addisons/2016/august/18/hr3-israel-and-its-defense-against-its-enemies-and-white-christianity-dying-in-america/
Christianity is dying
The end if british christendom
spectator.co.uk/2015/06/2067-the-end-of-british-christianity/
The religious right is right to be scared christianity is dying in America
thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/26/the-religious-right-is-right-to-be-scared-christianity-is-dying-in-america.html
Why is christianity dying out in germany?
google.com/amp/s/randompublicjournal.com/2016/01/16/why-is-christianity-dying-in-europe/amp/
Christianity is dying out in germany.
newobserveronline.com/christianity-dying-out-in-germany/
European christianity's failure to thrive
christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/european-christianitys-failure-to-thrive.html
On the dying in europe
thecatholicthing.org/2015/11/10/on-the-dying-of-europe/
Christianity is dying in europe, abandoned missionaries
christianexaminer.com/article/abandoned.by.missionary.agencies.christianity.is.dying.in.europe/47985.htm
British christianity is dying out
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2015/apr/14/british-christianity-trouble-religion-comeback

Christianity is dying worldwide

Why christianity is dying but spiritually thrving.
beliefnet.com/faiths/home-page-news-and-views/why-christianity-is-dying-but-spirituality-is-thriving.aspx
Christianity is dying in Europe: Lowest Church Attendance ever
Maybe christianity is dying in america because its boring
theblaze.com/contributions/maybe-christianity-in-america-is-dying-because-its-boring-everyone-to-death/

Why is the pope such a faggot? I want to be a Catholic, but I don't want to join a church lead by Francis.

This is my second time asking fags, answer me. Is there hope for a better pope?

>John 8:58
Written later and diverges wildly from the synoptic gospels. Not a good source on Jesus' life.

>It did happen, in 70 A.D. the Romans executed a successful genocide of Jews and raised Jerusalem to the ground.
But what about the part where the Son of Man descends from heaven and establishes the Kingdom of God on Earth

Anti-muslim christian (((nationalists)))
pastebin.com/gHyE62Gu
Uk- Anti-Muslims Leaders Embrace Israel
electronicintifada.net/blogs/hilary-aked/uk-anti-muslim-leaders-embrace-israel

UK Anti-Muslim Nationalist Far Right PEGIDA leaders visit Israel
archive.is/mtIlW
archive.is/wiSka
>The leaders of a UK far-right organization have announced plans to visit Israel, highlighting the appeal of the country to anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant bigots.

>Anne Marie Waters, a leader of PEGIDA UK, has pledged to go to Israel on a “fact-finding” mission in the wake of the row over mostly trumped-up accusations of anti-Semitism in the UK’s main opposition Labour Party.

>PEGIDA UK is the British arm of the Islamophobic street movement “Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the West,” founded in the eastern German city of Dresden.

>In Germany, the movement has merged with neo-Nazi elements, among them such figures as Karl-Heinz Statzberger, who planned to carry out a bomb attack on a Munich synagogue in 2003.

>PEGIDA UK’s Waters admitted to a pro-Israel blogger that the inquiry ordered by Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn “won’t find as much that is outwardly anti-Jewish, as is outwardly anti-Israel,” but made clear that she thinks “it is anti-Israel sentiment that we must confront.”

>She has called for “a new and powerful pro-Israel argument” to be made in the UK and reportedly plans to write a book called “In Defense of Israel” following her trip.

>Speaking to Canadian podcast Real Clear Israel, Waters said that she is planning to join the April 2017 “Ultimate Mission to Israel,” an annual propaganda tour of Israeli military facilities organized by Shurat HaDin, a lawfare group with close tiesto the Mossad spying and assassination agency.

>She characterized support for the Palestinian struggle for equal rights as “Islamic jihad against Israel” and “a Quran-inspired Jew-hatred”

were you baptized and confirmed?

kys

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism

as a baby
but I fell away from the faith for years

confirmation usually doesn't occur until middle school or so. you have to do some classes and whatnot

I did confirmation and confession when I was a kid. we went to sunday school and everything. we stopped going when I was like 11 or 12 I think. would they still have records of me? I'd like to become a practicing catholic under the authority of the vatican.

at this point I think you just need to go to confession and you'll be all squared away. I need to do that myself desu

I don't remember anything from it though. I feel like I should start at the beginning with RCIA.

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE

I really enjoy listening to these chants on Sunday.

Wtf is the deal with catholic exorcism rites?

Where do they get them from?

God isn't real

Wow, didnt know that

Is there any support of Natural Law that isn't based on the existence of God?

I'm not a Christian or a Catholic, but I do agree with many teachings of the church based in Natural Law because I can back them up with real evidence of how they're beneficial to society.

For example, sex only in marriage is beneficial because it reduces our population growth and ensures sex is a protected act between people focused on a serious relationship, preventing accidental pregnancies and degenerate parents that only wanted sex for fun and not parenthood.

But I can't agree with the idea that homosexual intercourse is wrong because in the end it only involves the participants and doesn't result in new, unintended life. It's just something people do voluntarily that doesn't effect me or others in any way.

HERESY

>you're at the club and this guy walks up and slaps your girlfriend's ass, what do you do?
Seriously though, do you guys believe this thing is real?

Regardless if you do or not, here's a hypothetical: imagine this thing literally appeared in your living room (or wherever you happen to be) right now. What would you do? How would you react?

GET OUTTA HERE

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

youtube.com/watch?v=W_rC-495Z_A
THREAD THEME

lol boobs

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

Muh dik

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I hope you all really like my pictures. I love you snepai

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

>mfw a catholicuck died for Israel near me
Convert to Orthodox.