vid: youtube.com/watch?v=HB_ilL8TI7A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DDb8Nr_gVcw
google.com/#q=warren wilhelm
youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2wjxOro9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=mhz0CMZsIwI&t=2557s
youtube.com/watch?v=CnkEFBrhfFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I go to school in Harlem. Not too bad at all. Never had a problem to be honest. The NYPD does a pretty good job. I don't know off the top of my head, but I think NYC is safer relative to other comparable cities.

no where near as bad as what it was in the 80's and its way safer than other cities here

It's a big city with any sort of atmosphere available if you just look hard enough.

holy shit is this a skit? Im dying

It used to be bad then Rudy helped clean it up.

Chicago is where you don't want to be.

I've heard it was atrociously bad in the mid 70s to early 80s (when that picture was taken). Then Republicans came into power and fixed it

East Tremont Ave in the Bronx.

Have fun ;^)

This photo was probably taken in the 60s.

Ye, but its going to shit now that DeBlasio is the mayor. At least the police still tries to keep the peace even though the mayor isnt on good terms with them

talking about the vid desu

I was like the only white guy in BedStuy for awhile

that was too funny to be real. there had to have been a comedy writer behind it.

unless nyc really is a legit joke.

Why are all the cars not shit beaters?
No money management dindus?

I used to live in harlem, we were one of two white families on the block originally. It's really not that bad.

People were really friendly until a bunch of yuppies started colonizing the place. Still pretty good. My little sister and I used to get free stuff all the time because we used to wander around late at night and looked like orphans.

Never been mugged but we did have a break-in - didn't steal anything though.

You won't be mugged in broad daylight anymore.

Kinda true. It was mostly a huge crackdown on crime (broken-window policy, stop and frisk, etc) coupled with significant investment and faith in NYC. Trump was actually a major player in this. For a few decades things were bad enough that no one cared about republican vs democrat.

Thankfully the new communist mayor has tried to do away with all the policies and has succeeded in doubling the homeless population.

NYC isn't what it was in the past. I was there in May visiting family and we were playing stickball in Brooklyn at 3am.

Why didnt he asked for a discount?

I never understood why Liberals hate Rudy when he single-handedly cleaned the fucking city up. I guess they're all drug addicts.

It's completely safe unless you're in Yonkers or some shit acting like a retard. I've lived here for four years and never even come close to having any sort of a problem, ride subways all times of night, etc. Only annoying thing is the homeless but what can you do

Generally speaking, New York City is pretty safe, I live in one of the poorest districts in Brooklyn and we don't have streets littered like that. That photo is from the early 70's.

What part of Brooklyn?

I love these old photos.

How safe isBrooklyn. I know it's full of hipsters, but what's the likelihood of getting mugged by Jamal and his buddies

Don't go to BedStuy, don't go to Brownsville.

i lived in bushwick for a while. community of like 80% hipsters. big lofts and art studios kind of place. the rest of the community were hispanic old timer cool dudes with families and regular chinese. also some indian here and there. and the the fucking BLACKS. chinese pretty much totally kept to themselves. except for creepy hipster chinese girls preying on white dick. hispanics kept to themselves also but unlike the chinese pretty much anyone is invited. they party and bbq on the streets and will pretty much feed anyone that walks along and acts authentically interested. love to laugh and joke around all the time. peaceful good fun. indians are here and there and i have honestly never seen them other than behind the counter of a gas station or bodega. but those muthafukin BLACKS. wtf is their problem? go for a casual stroll down the street to the train and you see every third car window smashed by BLACKS. the building i lived in had mail stolen almost monthly. packages ripped apart and envelopes taken. ok lets take a look at that security footage. its fuckin BLACKS. climb the stair to the roof and literally have to step over passed out kids smelling of weed piss and liquor. lets take a look under those hoodies to see who it is. its BLACKS. see a car full of BLACKS rolling around the neighborhood. wtf. ask around about the car. turns out they were kidnaping drunk girls and mugging them at knife point and dropping them off in the middle of nowhere. watch someone coming home from work at the door of the building. dude gets fucking tasered by BLACKS but defends himself successfully while they try the steal his wallet ... yeah i could go on and on but you get the idea.

How can people not be racist?

Easy to not be racist if you dont interact with loud niggers.

what's your rent?

>niggers with books and musical instruments
That is an old photo desu

video's in philly, but yea its scripted

Where did go so wrong?

Parts of Brooklyn still look like this

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

no they don't, moron.

How do we fix this?

Love old comparison/evolution compilations like that. Sort of like the last scene in Gangs of New York of the skyline as seen from some old potter's field across the river.

>How bad does NYC really get?

youtube.com/watch?v=DDb8Nr_gVcw

>why Liberals hate Rudy

he was shit as a prosecutor most of his major convictions were overturned and all those bums he got rid of most of them came back, he bought them all bus tickets to Miami

Would be even more interesting if we had older pictures.

>NEVER AGAIN

those brown buildings in the middle, yup Im sure of it

It's a terrible place to live, even if in the nice areas. I left a year ago and never looked back. I lived in the white parts of Harlem and all around Manhattan in different areas depending on the month.

The brown buildings is where we went wrong?

yup you got it

So the solution is to destroy them?

The gook area is just as disgusting

Holy sheeeit!

Was he swerving to avoid a pothole?

It would be a good idea yes.

Gotta upload this picture soon. Its my dad on a 1970s subway. The car is covered head to toe in graffiti. Its fucking disgusting.

But yeah having lived in NYC for 20 years, its pretty safe. If you're fucking around Harlem, Bed Stuy or Jamaica at 2am, you're looking for trouble.

But I've never had an issue riding the subway at all hours. Never once mugged. Police do a good job stationing themselves in key touristy places.

And how do we fix Norway and Sweden?

Unless you live in the ghetto or go out looking for trouble (drugs, hookers, gangs, etc.) it's not that bad. The prices are jacked up, rent is a travesty, and most of the people are assholes, but it's generally not that dirty or unsafe.

Parts of the Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island are still pretty bad but overall NYC is OK. What really grinds my gears is liberals are trying to retroactively claim Giuliani did nothing and NYC was trending to fix itself and he is just a racist.

it really depends where
brooklyn is pretty damn big

the top half, for the most part is pretty safe
central is moderately safe
south (exlcuding the very south by the water) and south east like east new york is not good at all

go to east new york and youre basically asking to get mugged or shot

>BUY WAR BONDS!
>...COAST OF FRANCE IS UNDER STRONG...
Okay that gave me goosebumps.

>Potholes
Who knows, it looks like everything happened at a very slow rate of speed.

Isn't it interesting what triggers goosebumps?

Like this?

What part? After Valentine?

>Police do a good job stationing themselves in key touristy places.

You know it's sad how proud we are of this because all it shows is that the only thing keeping niggers and spics from going crazy and killing and robbing people in the streets is the NYPD. Like if we had a disaster situation where the NYPD went away gangs of niggers and spics would form and just go around killing whites.

It's just staggering how we went backwards in terms of culture and aesthetics. I mean, in most areas, society progresses forward, particularly when it comes to rights, opportunities, wealth and technology. But in terms of culture and aesthetics, we've been going backwards since the 50s.
I really don't get it. The world has become so ugly, chaotic and impersonal. It's just a terrible mix of random shit that doesn't go together.

Imagine living in the past, and being able to walk through a city where the streets are clean, the people well dressed and friendly, and the architecture is beautiful, harmonious and intricate.

>germans
>in my city

I don't get it either. He turned Manhattan into Disney world all these stupid progressive millennials get to enjoy being faggots because of shit like stop and frisk.

I am here to remind my fellow NYCers that our mayor's real name is Warren

google.com/#q=warren wilhelm

A E S T H E T I C S

"Graffiti" is sacred to new york

New York is pussy shit compared to Baltimore. I live in a nice (white) neighborhood near downtown, but I can still hear an average of one or two gunshots a night from the ghetto that starts three blocks away across the highway fro my house.

I'm never, ever scared of going anywhere in NY because even the worst place there is safer than the best place in Bmore.

Seriously though, I complete agree.
> The world has become so ugly, chaotic and impersonal.
Exactly. It's ugly and distant. There's no real emotion to it.
The arabs have the burj khalifa. It's amazing how tall they've managed to make it. It's breathtaking. But I find it to be hideous. It has no personality.

Art deco revival, when?

I know next to nothing about him except that he is a racemixing devil man. Care to enlighten?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2wjxOro9Y
Oslo, which is a degenerate hellhole filled with shitskins, was quite different in the 1950s.

Doesn't really get too bad as long as you stay away from the nig areas in Brooklyn and Bronx. I think living in outer queens; far enough to be semi-residential and in a nice neighborhood but close enough still be within walking distance of a subway would be okay.

I'm from Staten Island, which is a total shitshow with nothing of note to see other than our world record garbage dump and a couple of nice parks.

You ever see The Wire? How accurate is it?

OMG nice photo!

It's amazingly accurate. We've had 43 murders so far this year, after 43 days. This despite being like 12 times smaller than NY

I went last November, near where NYU-Tandon university is. Jesus christ trash everywhere, niggers everywhere, I don't just mean niggers as in black people but actual degenerates, sleeping on the streets and cursing loud enough for the people in the next block to hear.

It's depressing to compare old and new pictures of New York. You can tell that a lot of the old, pre-war buildings, which were stylish and intricate, have been torn down in favor or steel and glass monstrosities.
Granted, that goes for most American cities.

damn how polished everything is.

plastic packaging has a major influence, imho.

Where does it end, user?
Where?
Tb h, I do find the new world trade center to be a really nice building.
But yeah, old NY, especially art deco, has a beautiful look to it.
The polished look is likely a result from the coloring. It happens when you color black and white photos because it's not a true variety.

need to replace the guy in the car with pepe

I lived in Catford/Lewisham south London.. It looks very similar to that video and the photo.

I went to a night shop a couple of times.. Mad people with the crackpipe in their hand just walking in to buy stuff , they donĀ“t give a shit.

let me give it a try, 5 min back

JENGA Apartments are all the rage in Manhattan now.

What really annoys me is how these once-beautiful buildings have fallen into such disrepair in the hands of blacks. We built it, they destroy it.

NYC is weird. Some parts are really nice and then you drive 5 minutes away and you're in nigger central.

I'm an Islanders fan who lives out of state, but go back to NY a few times each year to see Islanders games. The Barclay's Center area is hipster central, but drive about 5 minutes away in either direction and you have niggers, niggers and more niggers.

Fuck. Look at how ugly and dirty everything is compared to the old days. Who wants this?

they're an insult

Most Americans want it for the (((culture)) and (((diversity)))

>old days
>not dirty

MORE PEOPLE = MORE CRACKEADS / NUTCASES

LESS CRIME EVERY YEAR BUT NYC WILL NEVER SHAKE ITSELF FROM THOSE FUCKS SINCE THEY CAN CHECK THEMSELVES OUT OF BELLEVUE ANYTIME THEY WANT.

even old industrial buildings like pumping stations in remote areas had some beauty inside and out, now it's a steel shed you can buy prefabricated with the only decision being square footage and eve height

OP I grew up around NYC. The shitty has got its highs, and lows. It's only a perfect place to visit by train or bus. It's the last place you want to live unless you can afford the luxuries that it provides for the rich to be in while laughing at all the suckers. Fuck being a sucker. Everything around you is attempting to take advantage of you constantly. You need to be a fucking a man and learn to communicate effectively. Last time I had to visit I thank the city police for listening to me, and allowing me to stay where I was. Otherwise you can only park in some areas for only 30 minutes. Fucking enjoy something always trying to fuck you if you go there. It gets bad there. These people that say it isnt that bad I guarantee you have no fucking new york accent. I wouldn't travel off the main street without deadly force or numbers. Being alone in the wrong area is like making a call calling all niggers. Some people will break you jaw over a dollar without hesitation. Otherwise I miss it youtube.com/watch?v=mhz0CMZsIwI&t=2557s

>tfw will never live in the five points and fight for the natives, born rightwise to this great land

People stopped taking pride in their work.
People stopped caring about beauty.

qt

Everyone say niger!

Of course the slums, ghettos and industrial areas are going to be dirty. I'm talking about the cities and suburbs.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnkEFBrhfFE

Makes me die inside. Our city was ruined.

No, I mean NYC at the turn of the century was trash.
Complete trash.

We fixed it because people were so fed up with the smell and the shit in the street. And then we let it get bad again. And for whatever reason no one is fixing it this time around.