I occasionally start a thread for Eagles Scouts

This one is special. It's dedicated to my recently departed scoutmaster, a pancake-making, mustachioed, rotund God of a man who taught me about self reliance, leadership, and service to others. Tell us about your scout masters (and to make it Sup Forums worthy, how they affected your politics.)

My Scout Master was super liberal, but an excellent leader. He taught me a lot. He literally knew every trick in the (scout)book. I was really good friends with his son. Overall, a great guy. He became Scout Master about a third of the way through my scouting experience. My first one was also great, but I don't remember him too well. He had a ton of knives, which I remember distinctly. Some of my favorite guys ever to be honest.

Awesome. Knives were big in our troop too.

I started typing out that I didn't really learn any 'life lessons' in the scouts but then I started getting a stream of memories about:

- sitting around a fire telling stories and acting out skits
- camping in the woods in the summer
- cooking my own food, cleaning my own toilets and everything inbetween
- camping in the winter with a scoutmaster that was an extra in 8 mile and had met eminem
- throwing tomahawks
- lighting shit on fire
- shooting bows
- shooting guns

man.... I kinda wish I appreciated how fucking awesome it was while I was doing it instead of being a douchebag kid...

I've spoken to so many Eagles who feel the same way.

shameless bump

When I first joined scouts, all the older kids were these well-rounded individuals that I came to emulate. Smart, moderately athletic (or at least liked to be in good shape), and were legitimate role models. After coming home for my little brother's eagle court of honor, everyone now seems like a bunch of weird social outcasts who are only their cuz of the parents. Anyone else experience this?

Did anyone else do order of the arrow?

Seemed like a bunch of creepy old men who probably fucked kids at the camp

Eh, our lodge had like 30 people in it. We placed top 5 in the nation at NOAC though.

Troop 217 Northeast Georgia council Mowogo Lodge checking in. Beaver shark patrol. Feels good to be eagle man. Rare

Eagle for 12 years. My scoutmasters would be appalled with Sup Forums.

Everyone in my troop is based ass motherfuckers. I learned how to hunt, swear, fish, smoke, fight, cook, cuss and kill in scouts. We are the first line

I only did boys outs for one or two years in elementary school. Our pack was terrible and actually run mostly by mothers.

My brother did it for a few years and ended up going to some of the camps with him, almost made me wish I had stuck it out.

Eagle scouts and those who stuck with the scouts until teenagers always have a dorky cringey stigma the seems undeserved. I really think I and going to strongly encourage my son to make it to Eagle Scout. Shoot guns learn self reliance, survivor skills and leadership qualities. It also opens a lot of doors and opportunities.

Seems to be the best way to create a well rounded decent individual. Closest thing to Hitler Youth we have in today's society

Same, know that i look back on it I had totally shot past the fun stuff due to the rush of advancing in rank. I still did fun stuff but couldnt fully enjoy it.

True, its become more of a superbial circle jerk so parents can brag about their kids. I was one of the social outcast faggots but made it to eagle nonetheless. The best people there were the military dads who want their sons to learn life values and not be degenerates later in life. The were the ones who stayed and bexame ASMs to teach these lessons to everybody while the shit parents drops off their kids and fucked off.

Yeah, only got to brotherhood because the only ones to get their triangle were homeschooled kids with nothing else to do.

Do Not Homeschool him. You dont want an autist with knowledge of shooting, knives, and guerrilla warfare. Those kids are fags.

OA was a fucking sham, and I hated every second of it.

The ordeal can blow me, just a bunch of pricks yelling at you to do hard labor for free then putting on indian headresses at night.

I'm convinced OA is an elaborate scheme to make extra money from dues and get kids to do free labor.

How many of you fags got palms
> bronze, silver AND gold

Lol yeah no fucking way. Beyond the ovbious of them becoming an autist who does not understand how to interact in society... Homeschooling sounds like a huge pain in the ass. I love my kids, am a dependable father and spend every moment I can with them, but I do enjoy my time going to work.

He sounds like a poofter. Did he also touch your butthole?

Have any of you had any opportunities or expirences in your adult life you would not have had if you were not an eagle / upper ranking scout?

Shit no. I'm making $12/hr
I guess I could make E-3 instantly if I joined the Army, but who gives a shit?

I kinda expected this given that they're literally letting trannies in now. Thanks T-Rex. And to think I was kinda scared that I'd be kicked out if they found out I was an Atheist because Scouts are supposed to be Christians

I enjoyed it. Was part of the old tap out and suffered through. Was tapped out twice the same summer since I went to two camps that year. The second time surprised me and I couldn't talk so had to go through the work and fasting twice. New Mexico had a great council there learned a lot of new things there and got up to vigil there.

It's worth sticking it out for Eagle stick with him and help teach the other young men. Parents are needed most, especially based ones like you. It's what made the group's I was with so great.

Yo. Had my Eagle at 14 and stayed in it for 3 more years as well as went to 2 camps a year, working the last year at one

There were times when it mattered and times when it didn't. If the boss was a scout and you were applying, it helped. Never met another Eagle scout I couldn't get along with.

I didn't do it when I was a kid. I really wish I had done it now, considering how fucking cool it sounds. I'm gonna try to encourage my son to join.

>not being in cub scouts first
PLEBS
Even though, the last rank of cub was kinda gay sounding, I think it was weeblows

Rest in Peace, mustachioed Scout Leader.

Dank, I got mine at 15 and stuck through the end of high school. Taught waterfront at the summer camp too. Did u go to national jamboree? I went in '05 and met dubya. That was the year lightning hit a tent and killed like 20 ppl. Deus Volt!

No, Scouts are supposed to believe in "a higher power". You don't have to be Christian. Have you seen all the non-christian religious medals you can get?

grew up in the 4rivers district, baltimore area so ALOT of fellow scouts were libtards because mommy and daddy were too.

I had a kick ass scout master who was pretty sharp and a good leader. He actually taught the citizenship in the nation merit badge, which he basically made it a sit down discussion on cool topics.

now that I think about it, it was my very first redpill

He passed away 1 year before a made eagle, probably my first real mentor - good man.

Miss you Mr. Tom. And loved your lack of horseshit on camping trips :)

Fuck. I loved all of the 'citizenship' merit badges.

There was this dad who everyone hated in our patrol. He wore Oakley's and was always in everyone's business, busting everyone's chops and shit for the most petty of reasons. So we really had nothing to do on this campout, and as you know the natural thing to do is fuck around by the fire. One of us peed in the bucket of water we always keep. Then this dad comes over and washes his cup in it, then washes his face. He never even knew.