California "Scientists" Build second largest hydroelectric Dam in the world

>California "Scientists" Build second largest hydroelectric Dam in the world
>Design it with global warming in mind
>State clearly that the amount of rain California is getting would never occur
>No they actually said this on TV
>Trump becomes president
>Turns off global warming
>California has had more rain this year than it has in the last five years
>Dam which has never used any of its spillway mechanisms is now faced with more incoming water than it was ever designed to handle because global warming models were incorrect
>It's actually tearing the spillways apart
>Water has risen to sections of emergency spillway that are not reinforced, threatening to erode away entire retaining wall and dump 15-20 feet of water into cities with millions of people in them.
>Due to gridlock, there's practically no way to evacuate that many people in even 2-3 days.
>Dam is due to burst any hour now.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/02/12/us/california-oroville-dam-failure/index.html
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hEWYrATKc
youtube.com/watch?v=R88eYN0OBJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dam isn't about to burst..

>the titanic is unsinkable

It's the second coming of Christ, and this time he is pissed

>OP Explains neatly and clearly what's going to break, why it's going to break and how it's going to break
>District water workers have announced spillway is going to fail anytime now
>Seven news stations covering it nonstop waiting for it to break.

>First post: It's not going to break

Wow I pray to god it cleanses the region of shitskin filth.

It's nowhere near LA, or San Francisco which are the places that need to be cleansed the most.

Well it'll destroy the livelihood of more Conservatives than liberals

>>Trump becomes president
>>Turns off global warming

Kek

How did nobody see this coming?

The fucking humidity had to go somewhere, you had a constant drought, now everybody is surprised there's opposite reaction to a drought?

We got more rain coming in next weekend lol. Dam is doomed. Run now.

They knew it had a fatal flaw

If Hillary won they were going to fix it. Since Trump won, theyre going to sacrifice Californians and then blame it on Trump

Im finna drown goyz.

The spillway and the dam are two different thing.

Okay, I hope you have fun.

>What is seepage
If the dam holds, they'll have to inspect all of the earth reinforcement around the weir and along the spillway. It could go at any time.

Yes, Sacremento, which is 50 miles from where the spillway could burst, the water will have thinned out a lot by that point

You have to label him "Godzilla"

This is a false flag

Damn that dam

Oh fuck will it unleash Gojira when it bursts?

>Dam which has never used any of its spillway mechanisms is now faced with more incoming water than it was ever designed to handle

Pretty sure this is horseshit, I read the spillway was designed for 250,000 cubic feet per second. They were only pushing 100,000 through it yesterday evening.

Seen pics in another thread supposedly from 2013 of damage to and people inspecting the same area of the spillway that is currently collapsed. Kind of seems like maybe someone fucked up bad and chose not to pay to fix a problem that had been brewing and had the potential to cause problems for many years now.

>gay
>ville

Oh shit. I will later if this entertainment continues

that spillway is pretty fucked up though, its eroding away the spillway to the bedrock right now.

What the fuck... So it's like actually going to collapse?

Someone give me a link to a fucking livestream. AM I SERIOUSLY GOING TO DIE FROM LIBERALS MAKING A SHITTY DAMN WITH MY TAX DOLLARS?!??!??!?

Sounds like a beyond design basis incident is about to occur

How wonderful

>turns off global warming

>flow into "gay city"
>anons get psyched
>water rises 1 foot and ocean absorbs it

Pacific ocean REEEEEEE YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE ON OUR SIDE

don't argue with the idiot user

I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST A FUCKING MEME MAGIC JOKE

IS THE DAMN ACTUALLY GOING TO COLLAPSE OR NOT?!?

Is that a subtle request to apply our meme magic?

>can't swim

Nigger detected. At least your dirty monkey ass will be clean after you're dead.

RIP user, we will remember you as an hero

Sorry yeah obviously 250,000 in working condition, obviously not now. They probably shouldn't have been releasing anywhere near 100,000 through it, but they didn't really have any choice, the dam was overflowing.

If they put the full 250k through the spillway, the damage will worsen and spread to the dam itself.

> tfw nobody noticed satanic trips

Donald gonna rig the dam with dynamite and let the water flowww. Then tweet California is getting more water and their droughts will be solved BIG LEAGUE

Im an absolutely normal normie. I really have no reason to be on /pol. But even I...me!...I know that you would have to plan a dam, a catch pond, a storm drain, a dyke, with the 100-year rainfall in mind, no matter where you are in the world.

>What the fuck... So it's like actually going to collapse?
It might when the rain comes back. Not tonight, though. You still have time to get out.

Shoulda built a real spillway, lazy fags.

>

[–]ZBusterUSA -3 points an hour ago
This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father or President Truman. Decent men who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and communists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say.

Pic Related

BUILD BRIDGES NOT WALLS

OP WAS BTFO RATHER QUICKLY AMIRITE

how are you not evacuated yet? you fucking neet

The dam itself? Nah, what's going to collapse is the unprotected and poorly made emergency spillway.

You're either a troll or retarded as they're evacuating the area you need to gtfo asap if you're serious. The hotels are fully booked by now better have someone you can stay with

>Design it with global warming in mind
>anyone gave a second thought to global warming in the late 1950's
I'm gunna need a source on that one skippy

That dam dindu nuffin #damlives matter

Russians hacked the Russians _john McCain

ISIS water stacking the great Satan for aloha snackbar

This is why California needs more social justice and Communism these people above are being micro agressed and people are seeking safe spaces.

underrated

>California
And justice will be dispensed, Liberally.

Wtf am I supposed to pack up and leave my house because Sup Forums spooked me with a meme? This doesn't make sense. How does the biggest dam in the world surprise attack my whole fucking town like a fucking godzilla?

This reads like a bot

Shitposter goes down with his ship

Im not leaving because of some happening threads freaking me out

I relish in habbenings but I will believe it when I see it.

Sacremento is such a shit-hole. Also, you obviously dont know where californias seat of government actually sits.

^-Please this. Barron I know you're reading this. Make it happen

It's been in the news loser
Maybe stop jerking it to hentai for a second and you'd see that

Hahahah how is flooding real nigga, like just close your spillways nigga hahahaagha

>Spillway already damaged.
>Water level currently at height of spillway.
>Water inflow of 40,000 currently (no rain, night)
>Water level decreasing by 4 inches per hour by pumping water out an ALREADY fucked spillway 100,000cf/s (assuming this is even sustainable, the main spillway is still deteriorating)

Wednesday at 9:30am, it begins to rain and that rain will be sustained. That's in 60 hours, give or take That means the water level will have decreased 240 inches. That's 20 feet lower.

Oroville Dam went up 120 feet since February 1st.

Oroville will breach the dam on Wednesday if the weather strikes doesn't dramatically change. It will take less than 20 hours of rainfall.

You saw it here first, praise Kek.

I dont watch that kike shit on tv, I get my news here

SolCalfag here. Is there any chance of this shit hitting us down here? I doubt it, but when shit hits the fan it goes all over the place.

The water will wash away the weak.

This is some severe autism.
Holy fuck,
Also:
PRAISE KEK

So supposedly water isn't going over the worrisome area any more. If it was, that is what they're worried about.

We still have a week of rain though, Wednesday through Tuesday.

Caliniggers literally assumed permanent drought conditions because of muh global warming. This is God punishing modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

cnn.com/2017/02/12/us/california-oroville-dam-failure/index.html

Fuck do you homos even use google?

Shut up snow nigger, you don't know shit
Sac town is chill

The sheriff issued an evacuation order.

I mean stay if you want, that's your prerogative. But this isn't just Sup Forums fear mongering, local authorities obviously thought there was a credible enough risk to get residents out of the area.

This kind of disaster is really cool because of how long it takes

Like details get lost in sudden incidents just because of how fast they happen. But with this one we've been watching everything happen.

>This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father or President Truman. Decent men who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and communists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say. -Rorscach

>Fucking leaf
>CNN

Tell me burgers, it's going to happen, right?

This is the only live stream

parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411

Nah you degenerates are fine, until the quake happens

>Donald gonna rig the dam with dynamite and let the water flowww.

Vely vely relevant song

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hEWYrATKc

>Gayville
FLOOD IT KEK

>This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father or President Truman. Decent men who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and communists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say.

Pic Related

Oh dam, damn

>I read the spillway was designed for 250,000 cubic feet per second.

Really? For the biggest Dam in the USA?

The one here has a flow of 621,538 cubic feet per second for a 7 722 MW power station built in the 70s. Reservoir holds over 2 trillion cubic feet of water though.

>I love spics, niggers, and drug addicts

Nigger.

mainstream news station you fucking pleb, if CNN is the first hit on google maybe it might be something worth looking into.

You know the one thing this makes me realize is that Dwarf Fortress doesn't have any fluid erosion mechanics yet.

>The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

its funny because at the end he wants to release the information for the sake of the people.

mfw comfy in placerville

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=R88eYN0OBJ8

BRING THE RAIN

Well here's the news: If the dam breaks and you're still there, you're probably going to die.

Haven't heard this in forever hahahaha very relevant thanks user. Day of the croak soon lad

>"A body was discovered drown in a basement of a local residence he appeared to be still wearing headphones plugged into his computer but was found naked surrounded by mountain dew bottles filled with urine this is local news reporting"

How the fuck is he that close to it? Isn't the elephant's foot one of the most radioactive things on the planet?

Witnessed. Run, Kek has given his warning.

They're too busy implementing the population rules for the lice for the marmots.

Looks what it's doing to the film

That's obviously a far more impressive dam, Canadabro.

Oroville generating station is 800MW it looks like. And the 250,000 cubic feet per second I just read on Sup Forums, don't know if it's correct.

Trust me on this, that dam will break when the spillway collapses. I`m an expert on these matters.

CNN= fake news
Leaf = wanabe Australian shitposter