Endorses SNL propaganda

Is SNL simply "comedy"? Or is something more sinister going on with its influence potential. Is SNL a form of "mass media"? What is their agenda?

Pic related, from this morning on CNN'S website from an article by Dean Obeidallah titled "Can SNL topple the Trump administration?"

cnn.com/2017/02/12/opinions/can-snl-bring-down-trump-administration-obeidallah-opinion/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wy_nZ5M87_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is SNL merely using freedom of expression, or should they be held to a higher standard due to their influence potential as mass media?

>media so desperate they're relying on Harambe to fight Trump now

THIS IS IT BOYS, THE MEDIA IS ALMOST DEAD.

>Is SNL simply "comedy"?

THE MEDIA IS CONTROLLED OPPOSITION

>SNL
>Comedy

not for a long, long time

Also Baldwin is a shit tier Trump. Darrell Hammond is much better.

>Is SNL simply "comedy"?
Parody and satire.

>What is their agenda?
Make fun of whoever and whatever is in the news

>"Can SNL topple the Trump administration?"
An opinion piece. But it brings up a good point.

Trump is the metaphorical fountain for all SNL's material, right? If the president's mis-steps, lies, gaffes, fallacies, false accusations, dishonesty, and other acts of small-handedness are newsworthy, then it is fair game for satire and parody.

What kind of loser watches that unfunny shit? Every cast member just reads que cards for poorly written hamfisted skits.

>SNL somehow not 'mainstream media'
>Literally the most mainstream comedy in the history of the country

HOly fuck how is SNL still a thing? They've sucked shit for 20 years. They died with Phil Hartman and Chris Farley.

Why not lookup who Alec Baldwin is on the board for.

They've definitely become more obviously political.

I'd say they're completely terrible both as sketch comedy and as political commentary.

SNL literally summarizes the week's MSM fake news.

Even their pissgate jokes were all about Yeah it's fake, but it's so outrageous we have to keep talking about it.

At this point, they're just another MSM outfit. Let's not pretend otherwise

SNL went to shit when they cleaned house in the 90's.

>Is SNL simply "comedy"?
Who told you it's comedy? Comedy is supposed to be funny.

You dont have to watch it if you dont want.

But I dont want major news outlets spamfucking their headlines with how SNL made fun of Trump every damn week.

>Make fun of whoever and whatever is in the news
So why don't they do this?

The whole 'comedians are analysts, too' meme has to be sent to the grave as soon as possible. Jon Stewart and his ilk have done so much more harm than good to society. Most of it isn't even funny. Samantha Bee is a Canadian agent.

>freedom of expression can't be propaganda
w e w

"The Daily Show" is more trusted among liberals than Fox News.

> it's just comedy when it turns out to be factually incorrect
> anything that doesn't get fact checked is gospel truth until someone with progressive credentials says otherwise
> clown nose on, clown nose off

>SNL
>Comedy

Pick one and only one, as a non-american I can weigh in with the fact that SNL is unfunny politically motivated garbage. In fact, it would fit in rather nicely with what our state funded passes of as comedy.

Plato already conplained about the influences of comedians on the people. Democracy doesnt works, masses are manipulated by the media.

Comedians and comedy have had a role in politics since the days of the court jester.

>then it is fair game for satire and parody
Except for 8 years of nigger jesus, anything to do with gun regulation, or anything to do with illegal aliens

SNL is only funny when its canadians and people from chicago.

...and its not funny.

Left wing comedy isnt comedy its a hypnosis style indoctrination, a leftist will say something that insults, degrades or depreciates a person. They will then laugh or add a laugh track in to reaffirm their position, when the audience laugh they are subconsciously reinforcing the "comedic" opinion in their brain thus viewing a person and or thing in a negative light.

It's propaganda AND comedy, and it's a very effective form of propaganda at that, because it engages normies who would otherwise have no interest in politics. Of course, it only works on stupid/gullible/lazy people, but unfortunately this constitutes a very large demographic.
SNL, John Oliver, Colbert, etc.
It works and that's why the left dumps so much money and advertising effort into it.

They sort of parodied Obama as being this lax black guy who doesn't really do anything. I liked the keep it cool skit.

Bad comedy is worse than no comedy. This is all fucking terrible comedy. Kill yourself. I'm all for satire--but this isn't satire, this is ideology presented in the guise of a series of bad jokes.

Remember the recent immigration restriction being delayed by the (((9th Circuit)))? One of their judges has actually cited a Daily Show segment when he made a ruling earlier about Guam.

>Make fun of whoever and whatever is in the news

Then why aren't they making fun of niggers, faggots, SJW's, feminists and other special snowflakes?

SNL is shit today. The last SNL thing I laughed at was Andy Samberg being a fucking sperg. Still shittier than when Walken was doing it for example.
Everyone knows that comedians make political jokes - no problem. The problem is we didn't fucking see SNL mocking the Obama administration and everyone involved in it. We didn't see them trashing Obama for all his lovely drone strikes. They're going all out on Trump because the Hollywood elites have decided they won't have him. And it's not fucking funny. I mean come on, at least be funny. Trevor Noah is not funny. I tried. But on election night he just didn't even give it a shot, he just bitched and whined like a faggot. And don't even start on Samantha Bee. My fuck she doesn't even make a joke just 'hurr durr Trump is bad amirite guise' (INSERT FAKE LAUGHS).
Fuck Hollywood and the entertainment establishment.

THIS.

Once you start to notice the subversion in all forms of media you can never unsee it.

It'll make you feel like the craziest person alive but you'll know you're right.

So news network reporting is basis for SNL skits, but the media owns both. See how this system of merit is circular? You can't award yourself an award and then demand to be called an award winner

SNL hasnt had jokes in 2 decades. Dick in a box was 10 years ago.

Was it really? Fuck I am old.

>SNL
>comedy

Not since 1980.

SNL has been state-sponsored comedy since the 90's. It is designed to be a fixture on American television, and to let people know what is funny and what is not funny. Comedy is dangerous, it must be controlled.

People get their social cues from television. SNL tells them what they should be laughing at, and what they should be taking seriously. That is why Norm MacDonald was fired - he made us laugh at the wrong things.

youtube.com/watch?v=wy_nZ5M87_Q

You can if you put on all the awards shows and everyone receiving awards signs contracts written by your corporate lawyers.

>Can't get real coverage of Trump so they've embraced fake SNL coverage of Trump
praise kek

pretty much

will sasso is best trump

They're trying to fight organic memes with procedural/targeted memes. GMO memes vs. Freerange Memes.

Sup Forums is an organic meme farm

i like that meme

It used to be satire, now its just a soapbox.

they try, its always the retard

harder to parody somebody when they aren't a screeching downie

It's planting season. Memes are gonna be well watered this year thanks to the surplus of liberal tears; might even get a bumper crop if we're lucky.

SNLs writing has been awful since well before Adam Sandler was around.

Who fucking watches this garbage anymore?

>normies actually find SNL funny

This SNL garbage is a forced meme at this point.

It's exactly as unfunny as it's ever been, it's just butthurt people trying desperately to one-up Donald.

Of course they're a part of it. Look at the station that they're on. Look at all of the poz bullshit they promote. I wish more people realized that even common entertainment is used as propaganda, not just news.

This is correct. Pavlov's dog.

I think the last time I watched SNL they spent a good solid 80% of the show attacking Trump.

SNL has been full of hack drones since Norm McDonald left. I know you're in this thread Norm my nigga, give me a sign!