Cali Oroville Dam Collapse 13 - We Scientists Now Edition

CURRENT STATUS:

Never-before-used emergency spillway compromised: poor enineering leads to excessive erosion threatening the integrity of this sub-dam. Upon discovery of excessive erosion, residents evacuated. The is emergency spillway is essentially the edge of a toilet. Once the water reaches the rim, it spills over.

Pothole-ridden main spillway (chute/runway style with controllable gates) reengaged at a rate of 100,000 cu ft per second in an attempt to save the shoddy emergency spillway sub-dam. This main spillway must drain the reservoir down 50 feet by Wednesday evening to accomodate a full week of rain forecasted.

Main spillway: probably good enough integrity for now.
Emergency spillway: OUT OF ORDER; MAY CAUSE DEATH AND MASSIVE PROPERTY DAMAGE. RESIDENTS ARE TO EVACUATE

Livestreams, raw engineering sensor data, etc links incoming.

Get a look at pic related. What a fine piece of emergency spillway engineering.

Local News Station Stream:
livestream.com/KRCR/events/3724366

Lake Oroville Webcam -- livestream
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411

Scanner Traffic Stream -- Butte County Sheriff, Cal Fire, Chico & Paradise Police / Fire - Live Audio
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/1929/web

QUALITY HELI FOOTAGE FROM LATE LAST EVENING: LAST KNOWN HELI FOOTAGE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5OIcb4Uh4U

Dam engineering raw data:
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatsunami
youtube.com/watch?v=WbrjRKB586s
youtube.com/watch?v=TzFnYcIqj6I
youtube.com/watch?v=dTWyJ1LmDsk
youtube.com/watch?v=-JVqRy0sWWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>liberals literally drowning in their tears
the meme magic is real

PRAISE NEPTUNE

Pics

LEARN TO SWIM

Could this take out Sacramento?

BE READY TO EDIT PAGE TO ADD ONE MORE TO THE LIST ANONS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatsunami

this, before

I for one hope there is no dam break

>Hire wetbacks
>get wet backs

Live chat is lit, too bad it isn't on the official local news stream.

>mfw i was telling people this would happen last thursday and they laughed at me saying the government had it under control

sadly no, unless the main dam was compromised

based onif we take the population of oroville county where the dam is located which is: 16,260
and assume everyone has one toilet.

we would have 16,260 people flushing 28 gallons per minute.

in total this would be 455,280 gallons per minute

it would take 2,531,902.37 minutes
or
42,198.37 hours
or
1,758.26 days
or
4.81 years
for the entire county of oroville flushing constantly to flush the lake.

the red is the emergency spillway? There seem to be a few roads in the way...

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=WbrjRKB586s

yup

what the water looked like years ago

We must present kek with digits to meme the dam into total catestrophic failure to wipe out Sacremento

Well then, here is to wishing a nigger would.

I hope there is a dam break just because fuck these commifornians.
This is payback for Berkley.

Stay hydrated

I'm very good a flushing and would be happy to help out, considering lots of Trump voters in that particular area of California.

Wait that line through the woods is a fucking spillway? What the hell?

3d of spillway

Only improvised roads, nothing important

Pic related:

Storage is becoming less, but the river level is still increasing?

Any up close shots to get a sense of the vertical scale of the dam? Hard to tell from all the overhead and long distance shots.

God hates fags.

Guess that drout ended real fucking quick.

Actually there is over 57,000 dams worldwide but there has only ever been 91 isolated incidents of Dam failure, I can't believe you guys have fallen into the damophobic mindset , there is literally nothing wrong with dams , and if that dam doesn't want to be in oroville then it should have the power to move itself out and now those racists are dropping fucking boulders on it ? I guess this is what happens to dams who live in trump counties BAKA

Snow is melting

>conservative area
>shit infrastructure
Typical Republidumbs.

Nigga what if they just opened all the fire hydrants and turned on all the taps?
If it's gravity fed there wouldn't be any pumps to overload.

Are we still happening status? Seems like it's getting under control

Is this yesterday?

Only the emergency one ... which has never been used since the construction, because it's the last thing which prevents the main dam of overflooding

Butte County(where this dam is) voted for Trump.

when you piss, bladder empties.

I don't fucking understand California. We hear constantly about how they have no fucking water, and now all of a sudden their dams are overflowing?

What the fuck.

Siphons will work.

later

#NotAllDams
#SpillwayOfPeace

Engineers trying to "reset" the reservoir level back down to 850ft above sea level just in time for a week-long rain storm coming this Wednesday evening.

Levels rose from 850ft to 900ft from Feb 6 to yesterday.

100,000 CFS outflows via damaged main dam will just barely empty the reservoir back down to Feb 6 levels in time for the rains.

In short, we may see a repeat of pic related. If we have a similar level of rainfall in a one-week period, the garbage, unsafe, emergency spillway will be breached and millions of dollars in property damage lost.

It would seem that
WATER FINDS A WAY

trying user
parking spaces on left

Flusha would only need one big flush.

forgot pic

Whenever they shut it off the first time. Dunno when that was

youtube.com/watch?v=TzFnYcIqj6I

>hear constantly
maybe like a year ago. Old news. California hasn't been in a drought for at least a year.

media may say otherwise

Which contractor built this poorly made dam?

Which committee approved that contractor?

Which politician allowed the construction of this cheap and inferior dam?

>how many layers of God's wrath are you on
>"like,, maybe 5, or 6 plagues right now, my dude"
>you are like a little baby. watch this

I just calculated it and statistically only 0.1596 of dams have ever failed

how can you judge all dams by the actions of a few ? fucking damophobes

#notalldams
#damsaresafe
#campoutonthespillway

Was that really a year ago? Damn. Time flew pretty fast then, probably all the Trump happenings.

verizon bringing back unlimited data plans ?!

Live stream with live reporting, but only every few minutes. Reporters are waiting for daylight to show the full damage the dam has taken over the night

youtube.com/watch?v=dTWyJ1LmDsk

We got a lot of water all at once. It wouldn't be an issue if it were spread over time.

You have to remember that it's not just rain and snow in the area that fills the dam. It can rain/snow hundreds of miles away and the runoff still ends up at the dam.

Raegan.

He was governor when it was built.

I broke the Dam

>January
>above zero C
>no snow

PURGE THIS HELLHOLE

They didn't last long.

spillway from 2016

today?

when does the sun come up?

48 years old, pal. They didn't have vsauce and myth busters to help them build the dam

What did google mean by this?

Why hasn't any of the news crews got something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=-JVqRy0sWWY
They're cheap as fuck, you'd think the news hellis would have a few, 20x as powerful.

This is what happens when your government cares more about letting insane faggots poop in women's toilets than about making sure the nation's infrastructure stays intact.

It would be even worse today.

Fucking vegan friendly dams.

Looks nice and comfy.

This. Republicans want to gut everything from the budgets. End up gutting funding from infrastructure. People die, but theres no help from FEMA, because that too was gutted. Insurance companies off the hook, because they helped get the republicans elected, and had their responsibility written out of law, and basically get to make their own rules.

we ALL broke the Dam, with our digits and meme magic

No, that entire section is gone. The bottom half is not connected to the top anymore, and I'm making comments on the state of it before we see it today.

How about 2011 japanon ?

Don't know about timezones, but here we go

Worse than that, its split in half, and that hole is huge, you can't get the sense of it from these pics.

>Pic from a few days ago before we started dumping at 100,000 cubic feet per second

t. Oroville fag

TRUMP'S FAULT

WELL DONE DRUMPFTARDS, LOOK WHAT YOU DID AGAIN.

Well Dam(n)

Oro means gold in Japanese doesn't it

it's light here.

Oroville overwhelming voted for trump

You should hit LA or San Fran instead

True. LA could probably drain it in a day.

Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Combined Statistical Area 18,679,763

So that times 28 is 523,033,364 gallons a minute.

Would be what? 2,203 minutes of flushing?

Which would be 36 hours and 7 minutes of flushing a toilet.

So not a day, but under two days of solid flushing.

(my response to you in the other topic.)

Its California, they think using powerful lights might trick trees into growing the wrong direction.

Completed, Brown admin was the one who approved the plans and started it.

Just for the one or two buttmad Cali republicucks who say we are monsters for wanting the dam to fail and trump to not give you any more of our tax dollars to fix this shit.

You are the definition of cucks. You deserve this.

You let immigration "reform" fuck you in the ass for years. You stood idly by and not only watched the cities and universities take all of your money and waste it, while neglecting the vital infrastructure that keeps your dumbasses alive, but you failed to make any noise when they took away your rights, your voice in government, and finally your fucking livelihoods and actual lives. You have been cucked out of any representation and have lived as slaves because every two years you let the cities fuck you in the ass without ever raising your voices or breaking off. Now you think just because trump is in he's got to save you?

You couldn't even save your homeland from itself, and you let it get this bad for these past 40 years. You deserve no sympathy, because you let this happen, you let your government and faggots and spics and niggers and Hollywood walk over you and even if we saved you, you wouldn't punish them, you wouldn't even rise up to take your self determination back. You're worse that the fucking hippies who took your power away, because at least they are honest about being pieces of shit who are too weak to function without a state to subsidize them.

Get fukt faggots you've abandoned your state already, why should those of us who moved on pick up your tab.

T. Diaspora

That explains it! Regan was a tool, a shit governor, and a shit president. Hes to blame for social security's insolvency.

this is the poorly engineered spillway? looks ripe for a happening! will the continued erosion between the spillway and main dam eventually lead to failure of support structure for dam?

It never snows in the valley

Actually it did once like 30 years ago but very lightly

If/when the dam does break, what will Trump do?

Whats the best course of action available? He needs to avoid a Katrina moment, and you can bet the media will shove hundreds of poor plebs in front of the camera with sob stories.

>tfw been on unlimited for a decade now
Amerisharts just can't stop getting kiked!

So was the cause; cost cutting on construction, under engineering or lack of maintenance?

Oh, yeah, meanwhile, indeed

It's already up

All President Trump had to do was make a promise. God owes him favors. California does not deserve him.

Superior Country with 62% energy out of hydroelectric plants reporting in.

Sunrise now

But Trump said he was the bestest! Daddy Twumps word is infallible!