Hawaii lawmakers are considering a bill that would decriminalize prostitution in the state

>Hawaii lawmakers are considering a bill that would decriminalize prostitution in the state.

>The bill, introduced by House Speaker Joseph Souki, would also end a state law that states police officers cannot have sex with prostitutes in the course of investigations, the Associated Press reports.

>The bill, HB1533, specifies that it “repeals the penalties for consensual adult prostitution.”

breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/04/hawaii-lawmakers-considering-bill-to-legalize-prostitution/

What's the problem?

Why is the freedom to one's own person a bad thing? It seems a valid libertarian/liberal maxim.

Quite frankly, this isn't the government's place.

Because of the inherent dangers of trading sex, it should be regulated to some extent.
The brothel system in Nevada works surprisingly well.

420 BLAZE IT

WE LEGALIZED WEED MAN UR PATHETIC

hahahaha

usa = poorland and overzealous governance.

Fucking leafs.

>inherent danger
Is it the government's job to "protect" the people if it's a restriction of freedom (i.e. gun control)?

People are still worried about diseases. Also, lawmakers are old and haven't realized that the internet killed pimping. Hong Kong is the best example of this...All girls must be independent workers under law, but by the time they made pimping illegal, it was almost nonexistent. Even in walk-up brothels, you just push a buzzer on the girl's door and have a look at her.

Finally, a bill that would put native Hawaiians back to work

Fuck, not again. Now i have another group to hate without ever meeting one.

>Feminists want to legalize abortion because, "Her body; her choice."
>Feminists don't want to legalize prostitution.
?

Illegal prostitution puts women at risk just like illegal abortion is super dangerous. I don't see the contradiction.

This would probably turn Hawaii into a sex tourism destination.

Anyway, the laws in Belgium, Netherlands and Germany seem to work well

pure degeneracy

it destroys the family and the family is the foundation of a healthy society. back door to liberal moral degeneracy

?

>Newman and White in Women, Politics and Public Policy argue that feminist perspectives on prostitution agree on three main points: “First, they condemn the current legal policy enforcing criminal sanctions against women who offer sex in exchange for money. Second, they agree that authentic consent is the sine qua non of legitimate sex, whether in commercial or non-commercial form. Third, all feminists recognize that commercial sex workers are subject to economic coercion and are often victims of violence, and that little is done to address these problems.”

But user, feminists do want to legalize prostitution.

PROSTITUTION HAS NEGATIVE EXTERNALITIES. IT MAKES OTHER THINGS WORSE BY EXISTING. THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE DON'T LEGALIZE DRUGS EITHER.

TAKE AN ECONOMICS CLASS.

Yeah, none I speak to. But most don't even know what prominent feminists talk about so...

>This would probably turn Hawaii into a sex tourism destination.
And this is why it's being proposed
They tried to legalized gay marriage earlier than other states for the same reason

>This would probably turn Hawaii into a sex tourism destination.

You've not been to Waikiki/Honolulu eh?

Third wave feminism is just entitlement and should not be acknowledged by anyone.

I would care if I lived in or ever planned to pay the ridiculous money it takes to visit Hawaii.

They can be as degenerate as they want on their little pedo islands I don't give a shit.

No I'd figure they are destinations for old Anglos and Germans

I'm in favor of it

Might just save up some money to go on vacation

>in the course of investigations

No one should get to fuck prostitutes on the clock.