youtube.com/watch?v=2enTDtBaEOE&list=PLvXE5E2aanT02VoCKw5rew45iwPYXVPn0&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=FX83qSatoOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for it's Canada's fault

>Live streams scarce at night:
That's because literally nothing is happening

lovely title

Sacramento will be destroyed

Dynamite is being planted in the emergency spillway 'just in case'.

I for one welcome our watery graves

I'm back from taking a shit, where's that cuckboi civil engineer at

Also real glad to see I started a happening

THERE IS NO HAPPENING HERE GO TO BED

collapse on Sunday

>that word...literally
I challenge your assessment, there is absolutely something HAPPENING!!!!

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1486973830075.webm

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=2enTDtBaEOE&list=PLvXE5E2aanT02VoCKw5rew45iwPYXVPn0&index=2

PRAISE KEK FOR HAPPENING

Electrical engineer reporting

ITS FINE

haha the more times he says 'and raining' the funnier it becomes! xD

This is gonna get /comfy/

reminder of my get last night

GUYS THERE IS NO FLOOD GO TO BED

Oh, they've been having minor levee failures all over the state. Apparently Sacramento has let their levees fall into disrepair, too.

Do you realize most of the feather River basin are conservative. What's this, some chant for scraficing to kek

There's no way this shit is going to survive a week long beating

Hope you enjoy a 20ft wall of water Oroville

>tfw getting pounded soon

Did they already find the russian hacker?

Another stream here.
youtube.com/watch?v=FX83qSatoOo

RAIN FOR THE RAIN GODS.

Their sacrifice will not be in vain once Sacramento is under water.

The God Damn Plane has crashed into the mountain!

to be honest what levies have been maintained? were has this state done any actual maintenance?

Not gonna lie, former dam supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching the dam crack and crumble. But in all seriousness we can't let this dam break!

Realtalk, what are the chances of Sacramento being flooded if the dam does fail? It seems too far away on a map

RUSSIA DID IT

Is that supposed to be the emergency spillway? I dont know what they're supposed to look like but that doesn't look good.

kek

shit look at all the damage on the walls, how far did it errode up?

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO RETARDED THAT YOU HONESTLY THINK IT WILL STRETCH ALL THE WAY UP TO SAN JOSE LET ALONE THE SOUTHERN REGIONS

ARE YOU ALL DUMB

GOD I HATE YOU AUTISTIC LARPFAGS

Trust me, its happening

someone posted map earlier. it will flood along the river and shieet.

TFW dems vote for infrastructure reform en masse

They fixed the emergency spillway though.

It's not happening guys. Last night was close they patched it in time for the rain.

once the spillway is breached how long will it take for the entire lake to drain? a week+?

after that you guys are basically fucked for multiple years?

If the main dam bursts the whole planet will be flooded by 100+ft of water

this shit actually looks pretty bad, I dont think emergency spillway wall will hold much longer......

Give me numbers

if the dam fails? (highly unlikely) Sacramento is fucked, 50-70 feet of water

if the spillway fails? (highly likely) lots of small localized flooding here and there where the levees can't take it.

From a tsunami-like wave? Pretty much none.

The network of poorly maintained levees will likely provide some happenings though.

THE STREETS AND SIDEWALKS WILL TURN INTO RIVERS AND MUDSLIDES WILL BE RAMPANT

BUT IN ONLY THE NORTHERN REGIONS

Repost map plox nothing would please me more than Sacramento's destruction

African engineer reporting.

99.1%

if that damn breaks i give it two days

Half of Sacramento is conservative, plus learn hydrology. The Sacramento wier and Yolo bypass will take care of the aftermath.

AT LEAST IF THE WHOLE WORLD GOES DOWN, SHITTY FUCKING ASSACHUSETTS GOES DOWN WITH ME

The angle of this photo makes the spillway look so small.
Like the ledge of a sidewalk.

My dad works for NOAA I can confirm.

LET THE SPILLWAY HIT THE FLOOR

they dump all their money into the liberal shitholes

we going to die of thirst.

this shit is so autistic. who ever got paid to do this and authorized the payment should be jailed. i watched it live they just poured concret on the fucking ground.

>being this ignorant

Give me reasoning behind it.

this is not how it looks live, the parking lot is flooded, its collapsing of both ends.

Miata a cute

HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF SEWERS? HOLY FUCK I CAN NOT EVEN RIGHT NOW

God damn it /o/

Sacramento here. Is it even possible that it fucks us if that dam breaks? It's like 70 miles north and everything between there and here is flood plains and we have the Yolo bypass flood plain.

Sac is a shit hole. it's better for it to be wiped out even if some good people have to go with it.

Every time humans think it is a good idea to develop flood plains, it makes it worse later on......We act as god over and over, and fail time and time again.

Not a question of if, but when the failure will happen. This was a classic situation. A series of unforseen events tied together into a situation that makes people question everything about its upkeep.

Also, crazy 88s....Check that out! Kek wills a wet Sacramento. A plague of frogs in the capital would be hilarious at this point.

Who the fuck "fixed it" this way? Harambe?

Is it gonna fall or not?

Fill me in on the latest, Sup Forums.

Fuck you someone better find a active stream, I want to see that main spillway go down the river.

Proofs? I quit paying attention when they patched it. I assume crisis averted.

MUDSLIDES

M U D S L I D E S

FUCK ME GET EDUCATED ALREADY

THAT'S THE WORST THAT WILL HAPPEN

it will reach sac for sure. literally nothing to stop it.

It's still 70 fucking miles.

Where is the farthest it will reach to? Realistically, not epic memely?

Autistic screeching monkeys

Possible, yes. Have you seen the river lately? It's booming. A nice surge is all those levees need.

trump will save oroville; kek wills it

YOU HAVE A HORRIBLE PERCEPTION OF REALITY YOU FUCKING CUNT

KILL YOURSELF

I cum more concrete than that .
And it dries faster too

KEK WILL DESTROY SACRAMENTO

nawwwww

KEKD and CHECKD

Here's a /quick-rundown/
>Nigger-tier repairs have been made on the emergency spillway
>The main spillway has been draining for a day or so at 100,000 ft^3/s, and isn't eroding too badly
>Rain is coming Wednesday, lots of it
>If the emergency spillway ends up needing to be used, it's gonna probably fail, releasing 30 feet of water into the floodplain below.
>The dam itself is probably fine, but it's unknown what the current integrity is due to erosion under the main spillway.

Okay, so Wyandotte and Kramm? It seems like just all the way up north and maybe somewhat down south. Why won't they build a stronger water tank? Did they just assume the drought was permanent?

dependent entierly on how much it rains. If rain smashes it it tops over and BTFO the wall you gonna have a 30 foot wave for a mile maybe and everything fucking runied within a mile of a waterway down stream almost to the ocean. If it seeps through breaks but dont blow its only gonna fuck up local shit, assuming the down stream infrastructure was built by more competent engineers.

>and isn't eroding too badly

Live Oak is hella flooded and the feather river going through Marysville is brown colored and rushing fast

Yeah it does play tricks on the eyes.
The whole thing is actually pretty massive, just like the main spillway which looks a lot smaller than it really is.
For example the people in this hole.
That spillway is huge.

>The main spillway has been draining for a day or so at 100,000 ft^3/s, and isn't eroding too badly
Except the part where the bottom half of the spillway that was below the hole is completely gone.

Wait... So they dammed up the river... Is that why we've had a fucking """"drought"""" for so long?

I was watching the stream before and the guy said the water was running clear meaning there isn't sediment in it.

Sacramento is actually a raised city. we used to take reclamation very seriously.

now, our infrastructure is (obviously) in disarray. there was some after hurricane Katrina but then we had our (((drought))) and forgot about all of that dumb stuff.
effort taken to update and repair the levees
the rivers are at capacity. I've lived here my whole life and they haven't been this high that i can remember.

people tell me that they have seen it but all of these dams and causeways were pretty new back then.

basically: were already full. any increase, especially one as massive as a dam break would absolutely cause some damage to Sacramento city.

the question is how many levees break along the way.