Border Wall

Please help me understand why we need a wall.

We already have a border fence, built after Secure Fence Act. I don't think a wall will improve the security at the border.

The drugs, murderers, rapists (and some good people) are coming by legal means and then staying after their visa expiration. So why don't we have a travel ban? It doesn't make sense to spend so much while getting marginal improvement over fences while we can just ban them.

Trumps ego needs a massive infrastructure project with his name on it. Too bad it has to be such a useless one.

>fence
don't scrape your shins

there are actually parts of the mexico/us border that have no border, but are separated by waters or natural elements

leaf

Still, how many people are actually crossing the border on foot? Also if we're going to man the walls why not increase the patrols?

not entirely educated on mexican cartel, but i would imagine they transport most of their drugs via underground tunnels

A wall wouldn't do much against that either.

or bribing border agents with cash

nations that have walls:

england (build to keep out romans)
india (to keep out pakis)
china(to keep out mongols)
mexico(to keep our brazil)
germany (to keep out slavs)
israel (to keep out jordans, egyptians, iranians, arabs, turks, north africans, serbians

im sure im missing some nations but guess what?

walls work bro

No, but at least it would still keep out the illegal immigrants. They don't use smuggle illegals through tunnels. That would create thousands of witnesses to their drug smuggling operation.

>No, but at least it would still keep out the illegal immigrants.
That was my point, walking across the border is already much harder than getting a visitor visa and staying in US and becoming an illegal immigrant. So why not have another extreme vetting order rather than a wall? It's much simpler.

>implying there's a good reason to turn down a free wall

Press T to thank Mexico for paying.

great point!

they would rather use that for child traffic and arms dealing

why risk 6+ months of digging just for 50 pesos and then you have paco and his abuela who now have bargaining chips if they get arrested later on

Why not both?

Approximately 40% of illegals are coming through the border. They are inheritently more dangerous because we have no idea who they are or what diseases they may have. Those overstaying their visa are a problem as well, but the wall should be a priority.

>That was my point, walking across the border is already much harder than getting a visitor visa and staying in US and becoming an illegal immigrant.
Your point is stupid, because even if you think it's easier to "just get a visa", clearly there are people out there who haven't gotten the memo and are crossing the border overland anyway, leaving their trash as they go.

Democrat Representative Maxine Waters Trolled by Russian Pranksters

>Approximately 40% of illegals are coming through the border.
>Most of the illegal immigrants are coming legally and overstaying
>We should focus on the smaller portion of illegal immigrants because diseases and pay more for it
Not mentioning no references.

Travel ban is the answer.

because we've tried that

>much simpler

the problem is that it requires humans which is flawed because it can be infiltrated which is what has happened

people who are getting jobs in border security are 2nd generation illegals who then rely information for their family members who are coyotes

there is also alot of land and it would be impossible to man it 100%

people need breaks to sleep eat and go to the bathroom

it would be much more simple to use those vehicles that lay the divider on the highway and just pay for 100 of them with slight modifications

its a passive defense for generations that doesnt need to be fed or constantly paid

What kind of shitty answer doesn't actually solve the entire problem jackass?

We need to finish this wall before Mexico goes into full civil war meltdown mode.

Kinda looks like Huntington beach desu

Those coming through the border completely unvetted, carrying God knows what, should be a priority. It's not a ridiculous idea that both problems can be tackled at the same time. Any crack down on people overstaying visas would just result in more border traffic if it's not secure.

agreed.

we clearly need both!

>Your point is stupid, because even if you think it's easier to "just get a visa", clearly there are people out there who haven't gotten the memo and are crossing the border overland anyway, leaving their trash as they go.
There's no source for supporting this. Why waste money on something that is not 100% effective while there's one way of preventing a large portion of illegal immigrants with apparently no costs.

And it would only hurt our relations with Mexico as much as a wall that will be paid by them.

If you don't live close to the southern border, you wouldn't understand.

It's a sad, running joke about how you're not a true Arizonian until your cars been stolen and found in the desert burnt out on cinder blocks. Happens more than you think. The property crime is higher and car thefts are consistent.

There's no way I'd own a pick up or Civic anywhere near the border.

It's shit.

You need to man the walls too you know and maintain them.

80-20 rule. No need to waste money.

Fair point.

So we should have a travel ban and a wall right?

Yes, because a travel ban would totally stop the coyotes from bringing people thru the unfenced border, across the desert.

Hi, are you new here?

40% of undocumented immigrants fly into the U.S. Most actually come in legally with visas etc and just never leave.

The net influx of illegals in the last year or two is actually negative, meaning that more are already leaving the country than coming in. This massive expenditure project is a solution in search of a problem, and it wouldn't even fix the imaginary problem it's combating.

>england (build to keep out romans)
No it wasn't. It was built by the Romans to keep out the Scots.

They did something similar in Denmark too.

>Yes, because a travel ban would totally stop the coyotes from bringing people thru the unfenced border, across the desert.
>Pay god knows how much for this with significant risk
>Pay 100+200 for legal visitor visa and flight tickets

Why do people think it would be so common? I'm just using logic, I have no sources.

What choice do we have? I think it's ridiculous that there's any dispute on this issue. We have to have some control over who is entering our country.

C'mon man its red meat for us we're supposed to be stoked af about the big, long, hard wall. CMON BRO lol