Tech people are evil...

Tech people are evil. Its not about the betterment of mankind its about arrogant technocrats rushing us to some utopian final stage like some teenager in a hurry to finish Sid Meiers Alpha Centurai.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ikda8V1nsM
youtube.com/watch?v=IFe9wiDfb0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Agreed.

Liberals think theyre so smart yet the cant spell old properly

Tech leaders are insane

I don't even like technology that much. Kinda grosses me out

Transhumanisms is degenerate and any one who takes the mark will go to hell.

what is owning some land with a farm 10 miles from the nearest town?

He's right
The only way to compete is to become the robots

>I don't even like technology that much. Kinda grosses me out
We need another movement like the amish, not as regressive as them but anything with a microprocessor should be verboten.

Vacuum tubes and carburetors.

Well it's not like technology is going to stop progressing, there's always going to be someome out there that needs a better tool. Might as well take advantage of their discoveries so you don't get left behind.
Hear this: cybernetics are the guns of the future. We will need a new amendment to protect them because the jews WILL attempt to keep them from us.
THE RIGHT TO ROBOT ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I am a software engineer and I agree. They all claim to be making the world a better place but they are doing the complete opposite. The world is not better after the invention of facebook. People are lonelier than they have ever been.

Many of them are just big sinks for all of our personal information. All the founders of these big companies think they know what is best for everyone else. They are elitists. They think they are taking the world in a better direction, or that is what they claim, but they are doing the exact opposite.

It's just another carrot on a stick to keep the goyim running on the treadmill. It’s a complete marketing sham.

>yes goy, I mean guy, keep on spinning that wheel! Your prize is coming any day now, just you wait and you’re going to have Singularity and le robot waifus

Singluratity is just an ahteist, fedora tipping of Rapture and afterlife.

You have to be supremely stupid to take any of this shit seriously.

Kinda what I think

Shit seems retarded

That was unironically hot

how will fleshies ever recover?

>he didn't merge with Helios
You're going to burn alright

I will be one of the first to take the aug pill

I wasn't following you swede until I heard vacuum tubes and carbs.

DOWN WITH TRANSISTORS AND FUEL INJECTION

how can humans even compete??

>degenerate
Kill yourself, ludditie faggots. Supporting technology is the whitest thing you could ever do. If AI and transhumanism is the future than so be it.
>but muh flesh
>but muh jeebuz
>but muh chilluns
Have fuc growning beads and potatoes and duying of airborne super AIDS with your 9 inbred hick kids in a niggerfied world while real civilization spreads throught the universe.

CLANKED

>work in tech support , hate everyone
>its simple reading comprehension you fucks

ALEX JONES WAS RIGHT AGAIN.

We will merge with our synthetic overlords and forge a great destiny among the stars

This literally is gonna develop into the mark of the beast. You won't be able to do commerce withour whatever tech they require of you

We've all jacked to shit like this. But it just shows how women destroy civilizations because they have no long term thinking.

>everyone thinks they are "merging"
>really just die and the computer does it's best to simulate what the person would have thought/ said
>everyone is dead in AI age

You know what, I'm starting to think grey aliens are actually humans travelling back from the future because they fucked up merging with machines.

The truth is more terrifying then that, user.
Elon Musk is just paraphrasing what's being whispered about in tech circles for some time now.

God is dead.
Humanism is becoming obsolete.
So is Capitalism
Two new religions are forming in Silicon Valley.
The choices are, essentially, as Musk describes them.

a tech billionaire needs to start a genius sperm bank, a repository of brilliance, to ensure future brilliance.

Transhumanism is redpilled. Bluepill is to hold to outdated retrograd notion of "humanity".

Genetic engineering, bioroid and android technology, digitalizing concious - are inevitable and logical.

Transition to absolutely other form of civilization is natural. If in thousand years humans are all brainwashed drone clones with networked minds, are cannibals and all willingly commit suicide reaching the age of 16, donating own bodies for food - its still ok.

I am against leftists idiocy, but not against the future where nothing of the humanity as we know it is the same. You are either Futurist or bluepilled pilled.

Cybernetics, augmentation and ultimately transhuman bodies are just tools. Tools can be misused. They come with benefits and they come with detriments.

I can guarantee that most people in this thread, given the opportunity to evade death and enter a body that is functionally similar and also superior to their original body, would say hell yeah to transhumanism/consciousness transfer. Ideally, there would be no functional difference. You would feel, smell, hear, see, and taste in the same ways, perhaps even in an enhanced way. You would be in a human body, except better.

What I don't trust is the current political climate around tech. Being in a robotic system means you are subject to software errors and hijacking, and are willingly trusting body parts (augmentation) or your entire body (transhumanism) into the hands of unscrupulous people. It's not the right time for transhumanism at all. We need to get our shit together first.

Tech has too many libtards that think sci-fi is real.

MODS!

Left side = purist
Right side = transhumanist

Based Ted tried to warn us.

>Two new religions are forming in Silicon Valley.

What religion should I join?

What are the two religions?

Elon Musk is my favorite elite. Whatever he says I nearly follow blindly, mostly on the account that he does nothing but propel our species forward and hasn't said anything I disagree with.

He bought into Ray Kurzweil's hype train. Truth is it's a lot harder and unlikely to enhance our intelligence mechanically than to create a superintelligent AI.

This is the gayest LARP thread ever but of course nu/pol/ is gonna come in and shit the place up by trying to force a stilted conversation about whether will smith was right or not to kill robot whitey in iRobot

>If AI and transhumanism is the future

It's not. AI is a semantic marketing meme, a computer operating on PROGRAMS by definition will not be able to be self learning.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ikda8V1nsM

> Kill yourself, ludditie faggots. Supporting technology is the whitest thing you could ever do. If AI and transhumanism is the future than so be it.

It is not about technology itself. I mean, the spear is a technology. I totally know what you are saying. But it is about how that technology is used or why it exists.

Technology is being made so that our lives can be worse, not better. Lets invent a fake meat that tastes like meat so that we can support another 7 billion people on earth. That is what technology is being used for.

Elon Musk needs to hurry the fuck up with the AI singularity so I can be entertained while civilization collapses around me at unfathomable speeds

Degenerate leftie whores will be the first to be culled on the day of the actuator
Salvation is at hand goyim

Why did this guy become the Liberals Go Too Guy for any science bullshit they want answered?

Is it because Steve Jobs died and liberals need someone new to worship?

You don't see them asking Bill Gates these questions for example.

>It's not the right time for transhumanism at all. We need to get our shit together first.

Wars will start once people start to get robot limbs due to the political climate.

WE WILL WUZ DEUS EX

>implying the greys exist

Given a complex enough set of programs, though, a computer could easily approximate the exact process of self-learning. And if it, by some miracle of metaphysics, attains consciousness, it becomes an actual Artificial Intelligence.

IF THINE VEHICULAR IRON HORSE HAVETH A TRANSISTOR THY WILL SURELY BE SENTH TO HELL! SO SAYETH THE LORD!

Sounds like blasphemy to me.

There is a misconception that advance of technology is there to elevate human capacity, make them smarte, more capable, more efficient etc.

Nothing like that. Its exactly the opposite - technology and everything humans make are created to let humans live degenerate life: achieve post-scarcity, individually or as society and vegetate enjoying fruits of life while machines or slaves do all the work needed for living.

>Acting like clickbait headline is substantive
Ween yourself off the news jew or leave.

>gene editing
>nootropics
>mind-machine interfaces

The Chinese will reach these technologies as well. They have no morals and will force us to figure out how to compete with these new superchinks.

>imagine a perfectly spherical cow in a total vacuum

>there are people here that don't want to be techno-nazis

Alright Elon you first!

>consciousness transfer
The problem with this though is that even if it were successful, how would anyone know whether or not the original person is actually the consciousness within the synthetic body? As far as anyone know it's just a copy of yourself in there and not actually you. desu I think fixing brain degeneration with nanobots and just jamming that whole fucker into a robot is more likely.

Gene editing is a nigger-tier move when we only recently pieced together the overarching concept of oncogenicity.

GAS THE KIKES ROBOT WAR NOW

Evil fuck just says it so he and his goons can then hack people and control the world. I cant stand that guy

This could be a big chance for whites though. We lift up the dumber whites to be smart as fuck and they'll all realize the truth. Mud people will be swept from our lands once the stupider whites wise up.

The current one, anyway. Besides, the soldiers will have much more complex augmentations than any civilian. I guarantee that as soon as the advances are made the governments of the world will develop secret armies that are genengineered and supplemented with machinery, all in an attempt to outdo each other with their breeds of super soldiers.

If that's not shoped than musk lost his mind. The sanctity of human life means nothing for the fools that hope for transhumanism.

>implying humans need machines
Humans invent machines because we don't own means of production. With machines we will own even less. All human needs is to not rent, to not buy merchant goods, to not store money in merchant houses, to be able to use money or goods in daily life, without needing to collect and rent. What human needs is land/house and occasionally trade stuff you can't grow yourself and even if you grow everything yourself you still have more time growing everything yourself than now working for nothing but renting and stress.

Resist, oh resist.
The falling of the hitch
The laughing of the bitch
The transient ever moaning technocratic snitch

Meh.
Technological trabsumanism doesnt look realistic at all.

I think the real way forward in evolution is through genetic engineering

These are just glorified dildos with pneumatics. What we want is a waifubot

The chinese are likely to create the first major genetical disaster. They are pioneers in fucking up ecology via farming and technology - starting earlier than before Christus and currently resulting in most of their country being a desert, other parts flooded and populace breathing toxic smoug.

It guarantees them learning somewhat from that and making advances, but just warning that their genetic enterprises likely at first end with a result similar to their past great enterprises.

APB is a good fucking how so far.
Took me like half a second to get it.

>Thinking a clickbait headline accurately represents what somebody said
>mfw

Daily reminder that he WAS right.
Daily reminder that he IS right.
Daily reminder that he WILL STAY right.

>Supporting technology is the whitest thing you could ever do.
becoming dependent of technology and inable to survive without is degenerate. Being able to use technology doesn't mean you have to rely on it and revolve your whole life around it.

holy fuck alex jones was right

How many of these webm clips do you have?

Psychic Vampire ain't going to take my essence

>digitalizing concious
>consciousness transfer
That's what it's really about. Transhumanists are just cowards who are afraid that their consciousness will cease to exist when they die.

I don't agree at all. Everything we understand will become a mix of machine and human. Things we don't understand, like the brain, will be left alone.

Genetic engineering will be a part of all this too. The future will be bleak.

Or you could just compile a set of geniuses' DNA, identify the genes that correlate with intelligence and just alter already existing fertilized eggs. Same thing, but without the cucking.

>machine learning is impossible
>a machine has to be as irrational as a human to be able to invent something
>a machine simulating a neuro-synapse web is impossible
k

>Technology is being made so that our lives can be worse, not better. Lets invent a fake meat that tastes like meat so that we can support another 7 billion people on earth. That is what technology is being used for.
Transhumanism would make humanity way easier to maintain and accomodate. If you don't need to eat and have shelter but only a server rack-sized supercomputer and some kW of energy. Also the consept of gender, race, culture goes in the bin.

>this angers the bot

He means that if AI would become smarter than humans they could make themself smarter and therefore could reach the ultimate limit of intellegence, if they aren't controlled by merging them with humans (((they))) would wipe us out.

>It's not. AI is a semantic marketing meme, a computer operating on PROGRAMS by definition will not be able to be self learning.
But that's wrong?

What are neural networks?

We are perfectly able to make programs that can self-learn for a specified task. General AI is still in the theoretical realm right now, but AI has real purposes.

Have you ever actually cracked open an academic resource about genetics/physiology of cancer?

>The sanctity of human life
This makes me laugh every time. It's still human life, Hans. It's just in a robotic body. Enhanced in every way.

I'm not saying it's THERE yet, but theoretically it's possible and it's gonna happen sooner rather than later barring some Butlerian Jihad shit.

That's a question most people would ignore. Especially if you went to sleep in your old body and woke up in the second one. It is a valid question, though, and one I find troubling. What if someone edits the data that is your mind during the transfer?

Or would prefer to continue experiencing life.

Chinese pollution only comes from where they have put their cities. It's not a matter of how much they pollute it's simply where the pollution collects. They fucked themselves over.

>tfw my Volvo 240 has mechanical fuel injection....

The thing about gene editing is that the first few batchs are bound to be fuck-ups and failures. No, one in the west wants to be responsible for that, so it's up to the lest moral Chinese give us enough useful data that we are no longer afraid to experiment.

It doesnt matter wether its original person or not. You have no guarantees that person you wake up as is same as person you were before - in fact, you arent.

So for other people it is irrelevant if you are the "same" person as long you perfectly emulate appearances and perform same things.

And for "yourself" it is irrelevant, since there is no "you" - just your memories and behaviour and though patterns.

I read somewhere that most likely the best way of implementation would be to in steps, gradually exchange our bodies for tech to allow a steady transfer of our consciousness if anything. If possible that is. You wouldn't just insert your mind somewhere. You'd add more components as time goes. In theory allow you to remain you consciously, while adding enhancements.

Preferring existence to nonexistence is rational and nothing to do with cowardice. Christianity is the greatest trick the Jews ever pulled on the white man. Look at the Catholics and many protestants, so cucked they want refugees and to feed the Israel leech.

Technohumanism is the first religion that Elon Musk is talking about - about using technology to edit humanity's nature directly and render all present homo sapiens social systems obsolete. This will not necessarily end well. For example, the rich could give their children 220 IQs, and change everyone else to serve the role of obedient, content slaves. Uses of CRISPR are growing in leaps and bounds by the day, these are questions that are going to need to be answered soon.

The other is Dataism. It is founded off the conclusion that all life is is a series of algorithms meant to take in information, process it and output replications of its DNA. Everything humans think and feel can be codified into algorithms. Before, humans used to worship God. Now, they mostly worship the 'human experience', like freedom, and equality. Dataism espouses that information flow is the underlying truth to reality. As computers, AI become better and more sophisticated at data mining, there will reach a point where computers will be better at storing and processing all forms of information then humans. Once this is complete, humans will have served their purpose on their planet, and something new will take the reigns of this world from our species.

Faggot goes in all fields

Transhumanism/Cybernetics will become the Mark of The Beast.

The antichrist will try to replace Jesus by offering eternal life via modern technology, and seduce people further by offering special abilities that are beyond human.

This is an abomination before the Lord.

Agreed. It's a bunch of fucking sociopathic autists who we're probably bullied as kids and now want their revenge on mankind. They have no empathy and would be willing to wipe out the mankind in a second if they could.

Whether or not there is a "you" isn't a trivial assertion like you pretend. Your jewish philosophy and Marxist social sciences aren't welcome here.

Its not about pollution. They fucked up the country long long ago with the farming practices and attempts of terraforming they did. The deserts in China are not natural and were and still are expanding due to man made mistakes.

Reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=IFe9wiDfb0E

>every robot thread you're here without fail
i like that, very dependable user
proceed

Reliably sucking an iphones in your brain still looks WAY too technological sketch to be anywhere around the corner.