youtube.com/watch?v=7uYengUXFG0
youtube.com/watch?v=WmjKNGsQG7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Common sense is a misnomer as it really isnt all that common

Thomas Paine did it first and better

Hardcore History is GOAT

common sense is for fags

So a modern day Thomas Paine?

Agree with the first, disagree strongly with the second.

I've listened to the last few. Carlin seems overwhelmed by and not up to fully processing current events. He's too used to the status quo where he can just tell people to become more reasonable and always be above the fray. His outlook reminds me of Peterson but Peterson is in the thick of everything while Carlin is still trying to find that safe position to retreat to.

Protip: I can't.

meh, its just okay. he takes "MUH RUSSIANS" a little too seriously

Peterson? Could you clarify a bit on that? And I disagree - Carlin is always trying to push the nation back to that safe position. This most recent episode he almost gloats about how he was right about executive powers.

You're damn right.

The only time he talked about the Russians recently was the Wikileaks episode back in September.

YES
I'm glad we are talking about him. I think he is a brilliant man, but is right. Carlin seems to scared to stand on a side. I want him to talk about the news and how absolutely corrupt it is right now. He has to see this as someone who used to be a journalist.

I didn't used to support Trump until I saw how big a hard on the media had for him.

Also, he takes FOREVER to come out with new material. whereas, Molymeme makes podcasts everyday.

Peterson seems like he recognizes the power he has over people with his views. So he tries to stay in a safe spot and not lead to radical action. Just critical thinking.

Dan is 51 years old and a student of history. The world is moving too fast for deep thinkers like him.
On the other side is us, a group of anons who can barely string together three sentences.
There is no more positions only chaos. Praise Kek.

I really like Carlin. He does a brilliant history show too.

He's a bit of a lefty, but I can at least respect his stance on a lot of things.

Are you talking about Austin Peterson? Is there something I can read or listen to of his?

I really enjoyed his reheating the cold war episode. I listen to it sometimes to remind myself that we aren't the big dogs on the block anymore and need to be mindful that there are other superpowers looking for an edge.

Pro Trump people seem to be adopting the "enemy of my enemy" ideology.

Damn, you got me fucking excited to talk about some DC. Don't let this thread die!

>a little too seriously
>too seriously
When the end of Western civilization comes screaming down from the sky at 12,000 MPH, I will take momentary solace in the fact that retards like (You) are going out with me.

Jordan B. Peterson, prof at U of Toronto, has an interesting youtube channel, if that's what you were asking. I haven't really listened to him lately I just noticed he really does bring up the Red Menace more than he should, I think it's a fine show, I just don't really have time for that many podcasts lately.

Jordan Peterson.
youtu.be/04wyGK6k6HE

Fantastic listen. It's also a podcast in case you don't know.

Ah thanks, I'll give the guy a listen.

When will Shareblue and lefties in general realize this completely insane, exaggerated fearmongering doesn't convince anyone?

It's boring.

Hardcore History is fantastic though

Please, we (the west without russia) are more of an existential threat to ourselves than russia could ever be. I just don't like it because you can boil pretty much every debate ever to end of times b/s. Of course its relevant but I'd rather have a little nuance to my arguments.

Trump has no chance of winning all last year

Can't stand him anymore.

Hardcore History is still ok.

That's one of my favorite too. Russia, China, and Iran are all trying to shove themselves onto the world stage. We need to be more careful using diplomacy or we'll end up on the losing side.

Yeah, sometimes he talks about how he reads terrible racist comments online and is appalled and I wonder if he's here reading Sup Forums at face value rather than digging in deep for the info.

It makes me sad that he is probably scared of this place.

It's just streams of consciousness. I like to think that someone is writing about the best parts in a coherent way. I hope to do that one day.

This is so true. He has always railed against the establishment and when the Champion of the West, Donald J. Trump, finally smacks it down he retreats to boring centrist non-positions.

Hardcore history is better.

Molymeme has a very cucked position on dropping the bomb on the nips during WWII. Dan Carlin would absolutely destroy him in a debate on that.

>I just don't like it because you can boil pretty much every debate ever to end of times b/s
Except he only carts that argument out in the specific context of our policy towards Russia since Ukraine, in which it is relevant.

I could see your point if he brought it up every time we talked about trade with China, but that's not the case.

What are you talking about? He was saying all 2015 and 2016 how being an outsider was the ticket to the White House.

Did you hear that show earlier about the guy talking about the bombs?

>fdr forced the japs into war
>the japs were bad too
>but fdr forced them

Egos of a post Cold War. It scares me when I hear people call Russia a paper tiger and reference Syria. Same mistake made during the Winter War.

If there are any historical truths it's that you don't fuck with Russia. Hopefully, our policy changes to actual trade rather than this extortion policy we have now

NotAnArguement.jpg

I don't see that happening anytime soon. The general opinion towards Russia and still very negative and that's not going to go away. As long as Putin is trying to restore the old Soviet Bloc, relations won't get better.

I get why. He claimed it was the cruel joke. Trump is not the best champion of the West, but he's the only option we have in Washington right now. Dan just wants his Constitution back. I agree.

Oh man this drove me crazy, he's been saying for years he's waiting for an outsider then proceeds to dump on him.

It was the one a couple of days ago where this total autist who could barely even talk was trying to defend the US dropping the bomb and Stefan said it was totally unnecessary and a horrible waste of life. He is cucked on this issue though. The Nips never would have surrendered. They would have fought to the last man. U.S. intelligence estimated 500,000 - 1,000,000 American casualties in the invasion of mainland Japan. Probably at least 5 million dead nips. My Grandpa served the United States in the air war during WWII and he firmly believed that the atomic bomb saved his life.

Did you know that Molymeme and Carlin have multiple interviews together? I just found this out earlier.

Carlin gets tired by Stef's fast talking. Lel.

Thanks for the recommendation. This guy seems great. I'll be sure to give him more of a listen.

I think what I heard was the government was willing to surrender, but the military wouldn't?

The military was the government. The Emperor was a pawn.

Listen to his most recent episode - he talks about exactly this "monkey paw" deal we all got. An outsider, but in the worst way.

>People like hardcore history
>People like hearing some tool read Wikipedia and explain things with pedestrian sports metaphors

saucenao

I repeatedly listen to them until he comes out with new material, brah.

He's like my bible. I have to go back and get his opinion on things to see if I'm losing perspective or becoming to partisan. I want to go back to listen to his earliest stuff, but I can't find it anywhere. Podcasts only keep 290

Not an argument

HOLY SHIT! THERE"S A NEW ONE OUT

Dan(Ben?), is that you?

Dan knows he's flawless. And Ben too (if there is a Ben).

youtu.be/NZTyECs1I0Y
This is the only one I heard, but he mentions that they have talked other times. So I'll try to find them.

>So much bald

He talked about his old radio shows he used to do and I was very disappointed to find out they're not online anywhere.

>get me a glass of water
gonna be good

Nice got my ride to work to look forward too

I don't he's worried about racism so much as he's worried about people thinking that racism is an appropriate response to a political argument.

>ywn wander to Oregon in a post-Civil War U.S. listening to a bunkered Dan Carlin on pirate radio telling you "I told you so".

He will be our Three Dog

I mean replacement, not response.

Getting comfy, lads

This is something that I have been tackling, lately. I find myself justifying white supremacists, and religious conservatives when I don't even support them.

It's because people on the left have grouped everyone outside of their comfort zone as racist nazis.

It's like an exponential polarization that's occuring because the left is so afraid of imaginary nazis that they are already creating symathizers and this will lead to the growth of actual boogeymen.

dan carlin is great

common sense is a very good podcast, but hardcore history is one of the absolutely best

unresearched, humorless, overly opinionated version of No Agenda

Really thirsting for a HH on Tang China/An Lushan.

I'm still waiting on a HH about the French Revolution desu

I like you Dan. I might not always agree with you. He's a little forgiving of black crime, he's a little anti hatespeech and he's certainly fond of repeating that time he sat in the back row of some military briefing 10 years ago.

But God damn I love everything he puts out.

Newest HH is a solid 8/10

>mfw everything's six hours long now
>mfw even his last blitz episode was as long as the entire Ghosts of the Ostfront series
All he's done since 2013 is WWI and Persia and that one Cold War episode. He's going to die at this rate.

Maybe if he put it into schoolgirl harem metaphors you'd finally get on the hype train.

You say that like six hour long episodes are a bad thing.

I love that about japan everyone had known for a millennia that the only reason they kept the emperor and the existing powers structure around is to confer political legitimacy to who ever happens to be in the shadows. Seems like it would carry 0 weight since it was an open secret but somehow they all still paid reverence to it. If there hadn't been nukes, I believe Japan would run the world, they were practically the only nation with a post-enlightment honor culture that wasn't cucked to the moon.

I'm defiantly guilty of romancing nip history, but they really are such a unique case. And not to go full GGS but I think it has alot to do with geography, I can see alot of parallels between Japan and Britain.

I would love HC History episode on any pre-modern jap era.

Just listen to citizens by Simon Schama. There's a thread with it on /t/ right now senpai.

Tell me about Ben, how does edit the audio?

If it means he only gets to one subject every two years, yes.

Well you're not wrong.

Fuck yes.

He's not anti hatespeech, just anti shitty political discourse

Mike Duncan's Revolutions is a great Apolitical quick rundown. Nearly 30 hours long but it really is just a topical introduction to the subject, even has a series on american & haiti revolutions which serve as primers and sidestories (sorry yanks but its true) for the main course.

I've been hearing Duncan's name being thrown around as a HH-like show. Guess I'll give it a listen.

fighting the good fight with three dan. kek

>foreigners still desperate to act like America's a sideshow

>The Nips never would have surrendered.
We had their domestic shipping completely shut down by 1945. They would've starved out, nukes/invasion were unnecessary.

Japanese weren't all fatalist automatons, the general public was tired of the war and the military wasn't full of die-hards like people make it out to be.

Even if the Japanese higher ups wanted to continue or discontinue the war the Japanese army of the 30s/40s tolerated mutiny. "Gekokujo", look it up. There would've been resistance internally either way, which is why you got the attempted coup to prevent the Hirohito surrender broadcast from being transmitted at the very end of the war.

Middle ground: Invasion wasn't necessary, but if we waited any longer the Soviets could have laid claim on Home Islands clay and the army couldn't trust State not to give it away.

>this latest common sense
>''I don't understand Trump voters, what you got is someone authoritarian. ''
Yes Mr. Carlin. The corruption of a pay to play democracy is not the final missing puzzle piece in the history of government. Authoritarianism and the rebirth of nationalism is what the world is voting for right now.

I know you're just memeing but we're talking 18th century America. Your revolution was one and done. the french revolution was is really like 8 revolutions, "like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children" many times over.

Dan Carlin would not have supported the French revolution.

I don't know how I (as a trad catholic) can agree with him so much without him being a Catholic.

He fears human nature. That fear extends to every human in politics. And he rightly is fearful of humans that have been rent seekers within that political bureaucracy.

Athanasius Contra Mundo
Not
Trump Contra Mundo

Read the Declaration of Independence. We are Declarationists

That I can somewhat agree on but I doubt the Soviets could've speedily taken Hokkaido or any of the other home islands.

Soviets had barely enough amphibious transports to get to the Kurils/Sakhalin which were lightly guarded compared to Hokkaido.

Think about how long it took the Americans to get the equipment ready to invade Okinawa. Now take away any kind of infrastructure geared up to planning for amphibious operations.

If America was retarded and decided to give soviets transport equipment they could've easily done it but I doubt it considering the Soviets wouldn't allow American pilots to land in the USSR if they were damaged in bombing runs on Japan/Korea/China.

Isn't it ironic that we destroyed the best bulwark against Communism in Asia. Japanese may have been brutal but they hated Communists more than anything, IIRC the Japanese Communist Party was suppressed only a week after Emperor Taisho died and his liberal cabinets were replaced by the military puppets.

Molymeme vs carlin isn't even worth the debate. Molymeme is a hyper emotional idiot and popular among autistics while dan carlin actually does his research and asks intelligent questions

It's what the world is voting for but it's not what the world needs. Also I can only think of two cases: Brexit and the US elections. Austria lost and it seems like France will too.

>Name a flaw.

He's out of touch with the times. He doesn't understand what's it's like to grow up in the (((current year))) and have constant leftist indoctrination rammed down your throat, so he thinks our movement is just a resurgence of old racism and not reactionary

1. 18th century America became 20th century America
2. No other big democratic revolutions had happened. Many French revolutionaries blooded in America, legitimacy of revolution reclaimed from English disaster, etc.

>considering the Soviets wouldn't allow American pilots to land in the USSR if they were damaged in bombing runs on Japan/Korea/China.
Well your pilots still landed here, even after Doolittle Raid.

>2017
>not knowing about Peterson

youtube.com/watch?v=HcEJr8h_yGM

youtube.com/watch?v=7uYengUXFG0

youtube.com/watch?v=WmjKNGsQG7g

He's like an author. These are audiobooks. That's a pretty damn fast rate to come out with a book.

Oh shit. I didn't know anyone else listened to that. Pretty good.

Soviets don't need an amphibious force. They can ship men over in trawlers, they can drop paratroopers, all they need is some sort of claim to have helped make Japan surrender. Remember they've got FDR's State Department riddled with agents. They almost got a plan pushed through to agrarianize Germany. They've got excellent propaganda, to the point the KMT is seen as exactly the same thing as the CCP even though they take 97% of casualties against the Japanese (how would nationalist China have been as a bulwark against Communism in Asia?). They put a company of Liberators onshore in Hokkaido and you can bet even reasonable Americans will be saying, "oh, shucks, I guess the Reds really did help out, gotta give them a few islands at least."

He used to do an hour every month on all sorts of topics. Now he does four hours every six months on very focused topics. A major draw for the show was variety. In two years you'd have twenty-four subjects get the Hardcore History treatment. Now you get one.

We'll see in time. If the EU keeps turning a deaf ear to the people they are going to bring about nationalist party victories.

He once said hes not a fan of the Revolution and Napoleonic age enough to spend the time on it, cant remember his reasoning. I wouldnt count on a show.

You're missing the point. I'm just saying that at THAT time France was the mainstage the entire world was watching. While I don't want to type out an essay here I will just say that it's pretty widely accepted that the FR was more important, for one the AR was rather conservative and simply does not compare to the pandoras box that was the levee en masse. Also as far as modern liberalism is concerned it is the fermentation of a stink that has sat over europe and the western since then end of the FR. Without the FR there would be no Marx that much is undeniable.

Never once did I say the US is not the pinnacle of the (western) world, you'd have to be a moron to say otherwise, in reality I just like to talk about history, thank you for indulging me.

That's weird that he wouldn't be a fan of Napoleonic Wars since he mentions Napoleon a lot.

In very surprised. How can he find ancient Persia more interesting than the event that shaped Western Europe into what it is today?

Stupid question

Hardcore History is even better.