Precious metals

Is anyone stockpiling precious metals for the possibility of economic collapse or hyper-inflation?

I don't have much money to invest in the first place, only $7000, so I won't be buying any silver bullion. I do have a small collection of junk silver jewelry, coins, and candlesticks that I find used and collect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G1wjhDI4XQE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
amazon.com/DOULTON-w9123053-10-Inch-UltraCarb-Ceramic-Filter/dp/B009EQM3RY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487148592&sr=8-1&keywords=dalton water filter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't remember the details, and can't be bothered to look it up now... BUT

If you're of the "collector" mindset, pennies before like 1984 were mostly copper. If you get a collection of those pennies, they can be melted down into bars or whatevz and have a real value!

Okay, I had to look up some info... Theoretically, this COULD be an infinite money glitch in the United States. The value of the copper of these pennies is about $0.02 per penny. If you had a way to get exclusively pre-1982 (looked it up) pennies, you could effectively constantly double your money by melting them down and selling the copper.

Any amount of pm helps it will do fuckall during a colapsesyou but will preserve wealth till another economy is created. You need your basics squared away first food 3 months min water and a way to purify more and a months wages cash in hand in smaller bil!S. Then start in metals.

Isn't that illegal?

Never said it'd be easy bahaha, but theoretically it would work.

Laws are more of suggestions in the US

Maybe, but his info is out of date anyway.

People do save the pre-1982 pennies though, and also the nickel is the last us money which is actually worth something near its face value.

Argentina is a perfect example of why you should save your money in gold.

>Government over-prints currency
>Massive inflation devalues the country's money
>You don't care, because your money is in gold

me too bro. we're going to be candelabrillionaires in the new candlestick economy

As an autistic pepper, we don't give a fuck about gold or platinum or whatever. These things are useless to me. I can't eat gold. I can't drink platinum, or hunt with copper. Know what is useful? Raw materials and knowledge.
I won't trade you shit for your gold. I WILL trade you shit for your ammo, or your bow, or your diesel, or firewood, iron, blade/axe heads, medicine, food, or the know how to fix my truck, or heal my brother, or make gunpowder, or grow food. Blankets for when it gets cold, food when we are hungry, ammunition when we are desperate, medicine when we are sick. These are things with value.
The best thing you can do to preserve value after SHTF is become knowledgable. Take a first aid course, start a garden, experiment in your garage making blackpowder, thermite, tannerite, etc. Learn how to fix cars, how to weld and woodwork. If you yourself are valuable, you don't need to stockpile massive quantities of food or gold; you're a resource yourself to your group. Plus, nobody can hold you at gunpoint and steal your knowledge of potatoe farming or treating an infection.

I've been stripping junk electronics of gold for years now because of this fear. Over 10-ish years, I've got about $55K worth made into ingots and stored away. I've also been storing common ammo as a trade item for nearly a decade. If shit does get real, then I'm murdering my old lady neighbor and taking her huge collection of silver jewelry too.

>Ha ha, look at my stockpile of gold, I beat the system
>Wait, what do you mean all gold now belongs to the state?

eventually they won't be semi anymore and itll be legal to melt.

This based scumbag named kyle bass bought like $20 million worth of nickels because the US was adjusting the composition of nickels and made like $8M on the melt value

pls enjoy your heavy metal cancer

>What are gloves and respirators?

When society collapses, your gold is fucking useless. Stockpile guns, medicine, water, ammo, gasoline.
Read about what happened during the Yugoslavian Civil War.

if anything was going to happen anytime soon nobody would be selling. you are getting swindled mate

I have around 500 kg worth of semen bars and around 2000 gold bards mixed with cum AMA.

Came here to post this.

That being said OP, if you want collapse proof investments that never go bad, buy hard liqour. It gets you drunk, it can purify water, it's an antiseptic, it can be used as a preservative, and if it's high enough proof it can burn too. Gold and silver and shit won't get you squat.

>stockpiling precious metals
do this nigga. even without eceonomic collapse, its good to have some backup.

Do some research on silver, you can't think about it in terms of it's dollar value. I am buying silver everytime I make money but it's not necessarily for a shtf event, rather I am convinced that market forces will eventual push the price of silver much higher, and imo it will happen sometime after 2020. So to me it is long term savings, I am also holding bitcoin and ethereum.

Look up ''understanding the road to roota" on youtube

>only $7000, so I won't be buying any silver bullion

Uh, why? $7k is plenty of cash to buy bullion. Physical silver makes a lot of sense with that amount of money.

youtube.com/watch?v=G1wjhDI4XQE

this video

I don't know about stockpiling, but I have gold, silver, and a few cut gems. no more than $20k in total between the three. The problem is that they are in larger ingots (5oz silver, 1oz gold). It won't spend well.

What would be the best way to store them for later use in times of need?

you hide it well and don't tell a soul about it

You fucking idiot, if the economy truly collapses precious metals won't be worth shit.

Food, water, tools, fuel, and weapons will be the only items worth anything.

I understand the logic of wanting to have gold around - you think once the apocalypse comes we can just go back to 1860s old west days but it won't be that easy or simple, people will just kill you if they suspect you've got gold or something

my wager is DONT STOCKPILE GOLD

STOCKPILE THINGS TO BARTER WITH

I'm collecting non-perishable goods like salt and even different types of candies and such... No amount of gold after the end of the world will make a Jolly rancher appear out of nowhere.... stockpile shit you can barter...not faggy gold

There are no easy routes to wealth like that. It isn't a "money glitch". It'll cost you more to attempt to extract the copper that you'll end up losing money.

Duh, obviously.

I meant, what's the best form for them to be stored in so that I can easily take a fraction of it and use it for small yet important purchases later on?

Oh I don't really plan to use it like that for me it's savings and possibly an investment. If you're worried about your currency you should get into bitcoin imo.

What if there's a happenings and the stock market ceases to be a thing? How are you going to live day to day if you can't turn your savings into food and tools?

I live in farmland so.. I'm not really that worried. If you live in a city somewhere you should just stockpile the essentials like food and water to last a few months.

Gold is not for during shtf, it's for after.

The smart money is in non-precious metals

The financial cycle is about 100 years.
1933: Gov gold confiscation: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

you can say this about literally any item that has inherent value. if you are concerned about economic collapse, just buy shit you can use that people need, and it will still be worth the same amount of money or more.

gas, food, tools, weapons, toilet paper, etc.

it doesnt need to be gold. in an economic collapse people will still need to wipe their asses, look at venezuelas toilet paper shortage

have fun eating your gold

Just get buttcoin.

>not owning jew gold

i have a 300 kilo's of copper wiring offcuts.

im waiting for copper to go up so i can sell it.

You want something that's fairly cheap and holds it's value during a social/economic crisis? Bullets, potassium Iodide it's cheap pre crisis and god help you if you need it and don't have it, Non GMO seeds and antibiotic spores. A few month of food and the ability to store and filter water is pretty nice too.
amazon.com/DOULTON-w9123053-10-Inch-UltraCarb-Ceramic-Filter/dp/B009EQM3RY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487148592&sr=8-1&keywords=dalton water filter
A couple of these and some food grade 5 gallon buckets and a gallon of unscented bleach can put the humble water filter salesman out of business. a 33 gallon drum with stabilized fuel and a 3.99 hand siphon can go a long way too. I would be looking for things to defend my family and sustain myself over something I can use to by what I need and can purchase before hyper inflation kicks in. why pay gold for bread when I can buy a 55 gallon drum of wheat and a can of desiccant now? I'm not saying go doomsday prepper retarded, but a months or two of food and water and some basics that I know I and everybody else will need and be hard to come by. That just seems like comm
on fucking sense.
Oddly enough no, pennies are the one form of legal US tender that it is legal to deface. That's why those machines that role pennies into commemorative medallions are legal. Also pre 1965 dimes and quarters are made from low grade silver. Not legal to melt down but legal to hoard.

>i only have $7000
so do I

that isn't going to stop me from purchasing $500-$1000 worth of silver this year and storing it away

and you don't need economic collapse or hyper inflation for buying silver, gold, or other metals
(platinum is god-tier)
it's a good investment no matter what

only one that is a little risky is gold but gold has almost always been a safe buy

i'm also a collector of rare Pepes and bottlecaps (just in case)
thinking of starting a mineral collection

i just like collecting shiny shit desu

Russia and china purchasing is only increasing. America is becoming self-sufficient for the happening

> When there is financial collapse people will want gold and silver to craft items with

Man you better be adding some copper or something.

I brought 6 ounces of platinum at the end of last year. I tried for rhodium but the dealer fee was like 30 % or something.

Someone posted a picture of this small credit card piece of gold that was marked out into small pre-calculated denominations that can be snapped off for small emergency purchases.

That was much more useful than a big bar of gold. I'm looking to get a few of them.

My only fear is it being raided by the feds. I know it's tinfoil hat tier, but I could see then confiscating a large stockpile of precious metals if it was stopping people from using paper currency in any one local aria. Barter is harder to track. Just me though. I still plan on getting a few hundred dollars minimum in PM too though.

>Not hoarding copper bullion
Wow you are all plebs. Have fun when everyone else has gold, silver, and platinum but my copper skyrockets in price because I was the only one who thought ahead.

In comparison, around 2,500 tonnes of gold are are produced every year. The annual production of rhodium is a mere 1% of gold’s, yet its price is only about 50% more than gold (some $1,600/oz versus some $940/oz for gold).

You don't need copper. You can easily make a bomb out of gold and a stick of dynamite.

Show those Supermutants who's boss.

That's why you should have multiple hidden caches burried away from people.

This.

Never understood why morons think stockpiling precious metals is a good idea for any sort of societal collapse. People don't need fucking gold and silver, they need food, water and other basic supplies and tools.

>Hurr I'm going to trade any intelligent person a stick of silver for a bunch of supplies, because anyone is going to want that

These things are luxury goods. They are stockpiled by countries, because countries don't need supplies, they need physical capital they can trade to other countries (where those luxury goods are still valuable and worth supplies) in exchange for what they need. Are you idiots going to build a cart out of gold and walk to another country to try and trade with wealthy people there for money for goods?

The only person your stockpiled precious metals are valuable too is some asshole with a gun who decides he wants to have a bunch of gold for the hell of it and shoots you in the head to take it.

that's why you hide it somewhere
(i plan on having a hidden safe one day)
and tell no one that you even have a safe or any precious metals

ideally you don't even open the safe/hiding spot except to put more in every now and then and it just sits there for years with no one but you knowing about it until one day you need to cash in your savings

if they somehow track you down as the guy purchasing bullion online
they show up and you tell em it got stolen and if your hiding place is good enough they'll never find it and give up

i plan on storing up thousands in precious metals eventually... assuming i can get a nice house somewhere and get a secure enough safe to store it in

im also gonna do stock and bonds once i learn that shit

Honestly, I think that the best thing to do is stockpile cheap wine. In the event of a currency collapse, discreetly trading bottles of wine for favours will make friends without (hopefully) attracting enough attention for people to get the bright idea of robbing you. Wine is non-perishable and can be consumed if the market rate isn't high enough. You can use it for a small degree of protection against contaminated water, and it has disinfectant properties.

That's the ticket. I just need to find out where to get them here.

All of the vendors I can find just seem to stock coins and ingots.

Make them deliver your gold at your parents name so the fed won't be able to raid it later on?

Don't feel like looking this company up but anything similar I saw in the past like this was ridiculously overpriced (like charging over twice as much as the gold in there is actually worth) and often involved in shady multi level marketing if you decide to become an affiliate pushing sales.

rhodium US$845 oz. Gold US$1226 oz. Shit is actually needed for cars

i dont think this company is like that

Oh yes, I'm not going to let myself jewed on it. If the price is an insult I will just spend the money on coins.

I'm only a small investor anyway, a few coins of gold and silver on payday. I spend my actual money on the real necessities like food, water, medical supplies, filters, training courses, etc.

No. Because gold and silver are fucking worthless other than being pretty. Buy ammo, firearms, meds you stupid glenn beck watching nigger

should we tell him?

Calm down burger
The economic collapse isnt gonna be zombie apocalypse. Investors and wealth hoarders will still be around and they know the best way to preserve their wealth is buying precious metals.

>invest
friendly reminder that physical precious metals are not investments since those imply return and they provide no such thing unless you trade paper

their use is a long term store of value that protects you from:
-inflation
-negative interest rates
-bail-ins Cyprus style

ATF: alcohol, tobacco, and firearms

If you think the booze and cigarette prices are high now, just wait and see what you can get for them when SHTF.

I don't know about that. Making alcohol is so easy a primitive could do it.

You can do it with a bottle of apple juice and yeast. You can make prison wine out of water, sweets and a slice of mouldy bread.

It's a common past time for OAPs to make homebrew in their shed.

gold and silver are for after a collapse to get back on your feet guns, ammo, and food will help you during a collapse to keep you alive until its over.

this

Holds it value even if there is no collapse too. Brilliant

calm down my man. You're right about SHTF but this isn't just about surviving a total collapse, its also about preserving your wealth through an economic reset.

Bullets and blankets might be more valuable then silver and gold in the short term but when society rebounds and trade starts again silver and gold is going to be more valuable then blankets and bullets. Why? Because my silver coin can be used by a trader to preserve and transport wealth all over the world and then he can use that to buy bullets and blankets in areas that still has working industry.

Buy guns and acquire skills, shlomo

>only $7000, so I won't be buying any silver bullion
7k will give you more then 250 one ounce silver coins.

>Oh yes, I'm not going to let myself jewed on it. If the price is an insult I will just spend the money on coins.
Check out the 20 franc coin. They are small and the gold price per gram is similar to the one ounce coins. Silver is obviously better for small transactions, gold is just something with high value and low weight you use to bribe the border guard. You can't fake gold as easily either, every one knows what it is and its so heavy and it feels like nothing else.

Yes i know they fake 1kg tungsten bars but that's not the same as faking 1 ounce coins

Guns and bullets user. I would expect a few rounds will buy you an ounce of gold if it gets bad enough