Is sterner worth reading or is he just a meme because he used the word spook?

Is sterner worth reading or is he just a meme because he used the word spook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6YQUcZcP1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never seen him mentioned anywhere outside of le spook maymay

Sterner's books are mostly about the nature of morality so if you're looking for some interesting but off-kilter insight into that sort of thing I'd recommend it. The "spooks" meme refers to a term he coined to describe morality. He wasn't saying to just disregard it entirely, just saying that men can be moral or amoral for whatever reason, but they should recognize that morality (and thus the spectrum of morality from moral to amoral) is a "spook", basically something that isn't real.

I'm a tenth of my way through The Ego and His Own, and I'm still going so it's not that bad.

But I'm also someone who reads on the toilet, so I'm not exactly spending valuable time on it.

From what I can see he is kinda taken out of context. If you're using it as an excuse to be ignorant you are doing it wrong.

The people lthat claim to follow his philosophy are the most insufferable cunts on the planet

This. So much this.

People literally, and I mean LITERALLY, use it as an excuse to deny reality.

If only his avid supporters actually red his work.

To be fair /lit/ and /leftypol/ misrepresent him. Commies worship him as some sort of god without knowing what he actually believes, they just use him to further push their edgy "nihilism" without realizing they're the spooked ones.

No not really. His book is very repetitive. Just ask for a quick rundown

the left loves to meme, but he always sounded more right-wing, what with the whole "might makes right" thing

idk his thought seems very applicable to an-cap thought, but i don't know enough about stirner to judge properly

oh and leaving karl marx anally devastated, let's not forget about that

*loves to meme him

He's a stale meme used by /leftypol/

He's an anarcho-individualist. According to him a system was needed to allow individuals to be as free as possible. Man and his will according to anarcho-individualist's are more important than collectives, societies, traditions, religions and ideological systems. It's more of a philosophical idea than political. Prudon and others then turned it in to a political ideology.

These.

Do his thoughts have any value for right wing philosophy or is it left wing only thought?

Depends what you mean on right-wing philosophy.

How about an-cap/hoppean thought?

>stirner
>marx
>NEETzsche
German philosophers, not even once

I haven't read Hoppe, I have read about him. his positions and seen his video on monarchism. He seems respectable. Not big into the an-cap ideology though.

Nietzsche has some valuable points. I agree that that German idealism was a mistake.

>Is sterner worth reading or is he just a meme because he used the word spook?

He probably is the best exposer of liberal hypocrisy and is one of the most uncompromising thinkers youll come across.

> The "spooks" meme refers to a term he coined to describe morality.

More accurate to describe it as ideas/concepts which a person believes is more important than their own interests.

>The people lthat claim to follow his philosophy are the most insufferable cunts on the planet

the 10 or so shit posters on Sup Forums?

>According to him a system was needed to allow individuals to be as free as possible. Man and his will according to anarcho-individualist's are more important than collectives, societies, traditions, religions and ideological systems. It's more of a philosophical idea than political. Prudon and others then turned it in to a political ideology.

>According to him a system was needed to allow individuals to be as free as possible.

He literally doesnt. His point is that people have interests independent of ideas and spends a small part of his book theorising ways in which people who follow their own ideas might get along with one another.

>Do his thoughts have any value for right wing philosophy or is it left wing only thought?

His thought blitzes both traditional right thought and all but the most autistic forms of marxism. Which is why hes so popular with shit posters.

Are you saying I'm incorrect?

>Traditional right thought
What defines traditional right thought? Genuinely curious.

Had to take strong langauge as your post confuses his personal ideas and values with those of his system of thought.

>What defines traditional right thought? Genuinely curious.

That you owe a higher duty to tradition, hierarchy, religious dogma, masculinity and certain notions of honor than those of yourself .

Well it is not actually my interpretation of Stirner desu . It's /leftypol/'s. On one of their YouTube channels, they have video on anarchism. I legitimately posted what they said word for word.

read bastiat instead

He's one of my favorite philosophers 2bh. Admittedly it's just because he said what I already believed in a different way.

youtube.com/watch?v=_6YQUcZcP1A

I'd rather not give the link out, since I do not want those faggots to get anymore views, but it's there for confirmation. The Stirner segment is somewhere in the first two minutes.