Plague

How likely would another plague be?

Would it be painful?

It would be sick.

someone should invent a virus that only kills brown people

hiv, ebola?

>Would it be painful?
For you.

Very likely, if Rap music is any indication.

And just as painful.

1/10 likely. Bubonic plague just wouldn't work in this day and age. Germ warfare on the other hand...

I think it's pretty likely since India insists on being retarded and over-prescribing antibiotics without doing anything to improve sanitation. It's only a matter of time before we see TB strains that have no effective treatment make the jump into parts of the world that actually matter.

South Africa played with the idea under Project Coast.

It would be extremely painful

It's going to happen. Hundreds of millions will die.

Love a good bane shit post in the morning lads

What's happening with that Japanese flu that causes encephalitis? Is the extent still being covered up?

the 14th century plague was caused by a lot of things lining up to create the perfect shit storm

Only a few hundred million?

Its going to be 3rd world countries that die.

if you make less than 5k a year maybe you should go first.

And those conditions still exist in parts of the world - I'm amazed India hasn't had a big one break out, conditions there are so bad.

Bubonic is still out there. It hit Asia in the late 1800's, and took out something like 10 million people - it reached Hawaii, it was so widespread. It's still popping up in Africa, where it could spread like wildfire.

The CDC does a pretty good job at tracking disease, and preventing the spread, but with the current environment, with liberals fighting to keep our borders open to anyone coming at will, it's a vector that's bound to cause major problems, if not start a major outbreak. Diseases we had practically wiped out (whooping cough, polio, TB) are coming back in through the southern border, and we have no way to quarantine it, and the infected people are in the population before being detected. I'm surprised bigger outbreaks haven't happened.

We're not as safe as most people think from another plague type event. With the amount of plane travel, and the ease of movement between continents and countries...it's just a matter of time.

ugly drug resistant diseases are starting to appear, a chilling harbinger of things to come.

TB resistance is well documented, there is a Gonorrhoea around that is difficult to treat, a handful of things off the top of my head from the last year or so.

i recon there is massive massive money going into new antibiotic research behind closed doors.

i hope it back, but this time destroy whole europe

Depends on what continent it hits, depends on it's treatability, and depends on how fast it spreads, it's symptoms, and getting the medical cimmunity up to speed on treating it. Evena fraction of a fraction of new patients can swamp hospitals and clinics - a flu outbreak can swamp your local doctor's office and emergency room.

We're not prepared for a plague event. You'd see poor areas devestated, and small towns and cities quarantined, if not evacuated and burned, if it's something spread by insect or rodents. If it hits the food growing states, food supplies will be severely impacted. Travel will be heavily restricted, if not banned. We have so many people in this country, a couple of million deaths would break the system. We don't have large stockpiles of drugs - if whatever hits isn't drug-resistant - and there's more and more of them popping up all the time. You have a populace top to bottom getting fatter and unhealthy, and they'll be the first to die off. Huge FEMA camps will be everywhere, and isolation camps for the infected, because we don't have the medical staff or drugs to cure or heal them, or even keep them alive long.

If 5 million people died, it would take decades to recover from. If it hits the military...things could get...interesting, really quick.

yea I really think someday It will happen. Some combination of events will make it happen, like some kind of devastating famine

The only safe place will be Madagascar

lol