SYMBOLISM IN ROBBIN WILLIAM'S 1992 MOVIE "TOYS"

The plot of “Toys” is unusual in its details but is grounded in standard fairy-tale stuff. The founder and CEO of a toy company dies, and instead of bequeathing it to his silly, good-natured son Leslie (Williams), he leaves the entire company to his brother Leland Zevo (Michael Gambon), a three-star general and lifetime military man. Leland becomes bored with the company almost immediately; he spends much time lamenting both the cruel fate that has landed him at Zevo Toys but also the need for reduced federal military spending, which, we presume, led to his discharge.

But Leland comes up with a way to make his job at Zevo Toys much more appealing. He realizes that he can transform modern warfare for more fiscally lean times by producing tiny unmanned vehicles that can be used as weapons in future wars. These armed miniature helicopters and tanks will be controlled by children, who have been raised on video games and are located far away from the field of battle.

>post yfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CLnADKgurvc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you've got my interest, user.

bump

youtu.be/CLnADKgurvc

Do yourself a favor and watch it right now user. It was critically panned when it was released because people didn't get it. I have to admit tho, it's a bit odd feeling watching it.

>I'm under 18 years old and I never read Ender's Game

i love baby's first predictive fiction epiphany

Thanks for being so condescending user. Care to tell me about enders game and what it foretold that is materializing currently?

you dont have to be so snarky with ur fellow Sup Forumssters by the way

one of my fave Williams films
it's weird as fuck, and yeah, well done you for pointing out dat subtext
right smart you are

>you dont have to be so snarky with ur fellow Sup Forumssters by the way
holy shit you're new

naw... im not even being sensitive either. I just dont get why literally everything has to be so contencious every second on here. I was just pointin out something about a movie. I dont mind the hostility. I just dont get why it has to be so incessant

F for williams

Don't mind them leaf. They are just pushing your buttons.

thanks my kiwi friend

I found it hard to watch. Slow, boring and Williams.
I will give it a try, even if it's recomended by:
A

Shriner hat, fist. Masons again?

ive always found it an interesting and unusual film. overlooked for sure. + robin williams.

it was a weird film. had that strange sort of tim-burton-esque vibe to it. Kind of dark in its lightheartedness.

Not sure if there's any real symbolism to it. Robin Williams knew toys, but not business. His uncle knew business but not toys. To keep the company alive, the uncle was the best choice, much to the chagrin of many employees.

I'm late to the party by 20 years; the thread.

hahahaha... the one fucker that stands up for u and u get the country wrong... cmon man. u get butthurt because people deliberatly rag on u and then u accidently offend your white knight. is it irony?