Does anyone have family who served in the Eastern Front so many years ago?

My great grandfathers were in the Romanian Legion fighting for Germany...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5Y71UBZnsY
youtube.com/watch?v=mmCnQDUSO4I&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know, my father told me a story about one of these guys, one time, his grandpa was sleeping under a tree, after waking up and walking around a bit, a mortar shell landed on that same tree and blew up.

Another story about a time when my great grandfather met a Russian soldier and threw down his arms, the Russian did the same and they hugged crying "We're brothers!"

Shameful self bump

Great grandfather fought at Stalingrad. He was killed there. Don't know much about him unfortunately.

My great-grandpas brother served in Stalingrad. My dads family is kraut

Yes but he never returned from Belarus.

>Stalingrad
This is what I suspect, but all of them made it out, so I'm not sure.
Sorry to hear.

WHY THE FUCK IS ROMANIA BANNED FROM MAKING THREADS ON POL REEEEE FUCK YOU HIRO MOOT

But the Romanians sucked at fighting

Saged

One of my Granma's brothers. Italian Army.
The body was never recovered.

AND NOW HIS GREAT GRANDDAUGHTERS ARE GETTING BLACKED. MUWAHAHAHAHA

>Italian "Army"

My great great grandfather flew german planes.
Died in bed 6 years ago

Yes.

Un wojak, pentru tine :D

What did your family do in the war?

How does it feel that my ancestors in the Indian Raj fought better than yours?

>And white bois think they're superior

whities cant into war

Why are you trying to incite violence in my thread? :(

Yep, great granddad got blown up by a grenade in basic for the Soviets.

And yes basic training was a thing for the Soviets. It was just very basic.

>Yep, great granddad got blown up by a grenade in basic for the Soviets.
Did he forget to throw it? lol
Sorry for your loss. :(

Well, duh.

But all of mine were on the Soviet side.

He was probably with my great grandfather then. Serving in the 369th I assume? :)

>Sorry to hear.
He's now in Valhalla or Hel no matter what he will fight in the Battle of Ragnarök.

Retardation runs in the family then

We don't know, very little explanation was given (not likely a cover up, most likely because everyone was too busy to care).

Realistically it was probably shoddily made or he fucked up throwing it.

That's interesting, I wonder about what Soviet Soldiers felt during that time since it seemed everyone and everything was stacked against them.
I wish I knew more about my familys involvement in the war.
What do you think of the war?
Hello.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing. How did Soviets end up in NZ?

all my male ancestors fought in the army, one of them liberated Budapest

one of my great grandmothers was a partisan killed kraut rats and blew up railways

great grandfather was an cavalry captain in ww1 and then a tank captain in ww2

grandad was born after the war so didn't fight

dad was a tank commandar but also had no wars to fight in

>Actually, yes, my grandfather (a Jew, by the way), served in the Eastern Front, which was Japan of course. His conscription was of late 43rd, and he was a plane navigator. The plane got downed but he survived. He doesn't like to talk about it at all, so I don't know the details, but he is missing a little bit of a skull.

My other grandfather was too young for any war at all.

All the older brothers served, I don't know much about them, just the pics in the uniform.

Thanks to him for his service and sacrifice

The great grandfather from my fathers side was drafted at age 43 and was used as easy duty guarding the supply trains into the east.

He was captured by the Russians in czecheslovakia.

Sent to Siberia but already returned in 1947.

Was an absolute skeleton, Russians beat out his teeth.

In other words they were proud subhuman kike servants

Boat presumably.

We're Latvian, but had family in the USSR. When the coup happened they moved to Russia and by some shenanigans at the end of the war got to go to Australia. From there my Grandad left his mum and sister and came to NZ.

>And yes basic training was a thing for the Soviets. It was just very basic.

didn't they use potatos in basic instead of grenades?

call of duty is a lie

Yeah, had both grandfathers in the Army, one of them was out by the Don River, when the front collapsed.

My grandmother's older brother was in the SS, and sadly he fell in the war too.

no, if they were they would be in the wehrmacht

I look at Italy now.
Then I look at india now.
Then I look at Britain, with a poo feeling indian and not British.

And I smile.

Thanks for sharing
>great grandfather was an cavalry captain in ww1 and then a tank captain in ww2
I forgot to mention, both of my fathers grandpapas served in the first world war. But I don't really know about their involvement. My father was also a good marksman in the army but he says he's happy he never had to put his skills to use.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing.
My heart feels for those who were captured by Soviets.
Alright, thanks for sharing. :)
Sorry to hear, thank you for sharing though.
Gentlemen please, no fighting

My great grandfather also never returend from the eastern front. He is still missing. They never found him

Please, Kraut, Hitler explains here clearly who is who, so read it.

>What do you think of the war?

Over rushed.

And pretty much every war is without sense when you lose 50% of your population.

My grandfather and grandmother fought against the germans in stalingrad and later took part in liberating kiev their nationality is tatar there were many tatars in the soviet army

Oh yes we lost but you still dont get it. You never had something to lose.

my dad was a volunteer in the wehrmacht
he served on the eastern front and got captured by the soviets in the battle of STALINGRAD

oh no, actually only my grandmother's brother died.

My grandfather just got stuck behind enemy lines, but somehow managed to sneak home on foot. He only arrived home after the war and his feet went to shit, but otherwise he was fine and made my mother, so it's all daijoubu now. :D

Once they were in barn according to the family legend and the Soviets came in and they had to hide in the upper bits, while the Russkis camped below.

Although soon after I was born he died, so I never really knew him that well.

we will come once again, but will do the mistake of letting you live no more

russia is big, there is enough soil to bury every single kraut rat

What are you even talking about? How about not becoming slaves of a foreign power to be exploited, resettled and repressed and follow our own chosen ideals instead?

Lmao ur gyppo

Yeah both granddads served on the eastern front until they were injured. One was an armored infantryman who was put out of action by his injury.

Other one was infantry in Russia and was transferred to the balkans to the Division Brandenburg after recovering from injury, as a halftrack driver.

Paternal grandfather was amongst the first volunteers to join the Germans after the Soviets got kicked out of Estonia. Didn't particularly like the Germans but god damn did he hate communists. Fought under Leningrad, took several bullets from a machine gun. Recovered and fought at the battle of Tannenberg Line. Spent years in prison after the war because he was a volunteer. Utterly ruined his life. Died a few months before the first Estonian flags started flying openly again, such a shame.

Maternal grandfather got conscripted in 1944 and also fought at Tannenberg line.

yeah, they served in the german army.

Please, I don't want this thread to turn into bitterness.
Sorry to hear.
I agree, but I'm pretty stupid, I kind of envy soldiers who get to fight.
Interesting, any stories?
Stalingrad, any stories?
Thank you for sharing, sorry his feet went to shit haha.
Hallo

he's dead now but i remember one story he told me when i was just a lad

ill post it here soon i need to go home atm

kek we are already dead to this country what you will I will cheer you on

What do you think ww2 was about

Take your time.
What did they do?

Waste of potatoes presumably.

Like I said we got very little explanation.

>gypsy

my great grandfather fought in the eastern front in the wehrmacht (I'm german), like millions of others I guess

I'm only glad the Gottkanzler will make his struggle finally be worth it

Same. One was presumed dead, great-grandmother remarried during war. After the war ole great-grampa comes home to his wife, new kids, new husband. Some real shit there.

sry, they werent in the eastern front tho, they were in independent state of croatia, after the war they wanted to flee to Austria, and Germany with other civilians but the eternal anglo stopped them so that communists killed hunderds of thousands of people, mainly civilians in slovenian forrests. Thats why most people have a dislike for Uk here.

One used to tell a story about a russian plane, an I-16, that came everyday to harass their unit by dropping stuff like pieces of railroad tracks onto their heads. Eventually they found an old anti-tank rifle along the way which that plane didn't survive

throwing potatoes in a state of besieged city would be considered something incredibly shameful like stepping on a bread

tens of years passed but old people still will remind kids to eat everything in their plate, so hard was the hunger during the war

Potato was used to make vodka to give people courage to throw grenades :D
Thread Music:
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZTeavJ9frA&index=15
youtube.com/watch?v=l5Y71UBZnsY
youtube.com/watch?v=mmCnQDUSO4I&index=1
Are you trolling or something
That must have been quite a spook.
Yeah, I remember hearing about this nasty stuff the Brits did after the war like giving masses of civilians and soldiers to the Soviets
Haha, good one.

A defensive war against a rather insane aggression of Germany, Italy and Japan by Britain, Soviet Union, USA and China and some minor countries (and surrender monkeys).

Did you study how you spread communism?

my grandfather was conscripted at 17 cause he cheated and changed his birthdate to go fight earlier. then he liberated ukraine, budapest, bucharest and prague. he had two orders of glory and two medals for courage.
second grandfather wasn't so lucky and lost arm and leg in early 1942

Did he rape any women

Photo of my grandfathers raping your grandmothers after winning on the eastern front :)

yo grandmom

congratulations, you are russian now

That's my grandmas too.
I grew up to don't leave stuff on the dish and I am proud of that (albeit I regret the reasons).

I'm trying to take this thread seriously ok

Yeah 2 grandfathers soviet side. Liberation of Auschwitz and battle for Berlin.

everyone hear has grandparents or grand-grandparents that lost their brothers in the eastern front. my grand-grandpa was the only male survivor of the family after the war.

Really makes you think why you are considered subhumans

no, but he with his lads stole a car in berlin and they later drowned it in the pond

this is those guys later photo

apotheosis of war, german army at battle for Moscow 1941-1942

Same bro

Great grandfather was killed at Stalingrad

Never had a chance to meet him

>we will come once again
Aren't you already sending your low intelligence apes all over europe?

there were hardly any births in the years after ww2, people were starving. and there is hardly any mongol looking people here, aside from the afghans. so not many "russian" rapebabies after ww2.

Living one day as a German is better than living a whole life as a subhuman slav though so I dont get your point Ivan.

Your ant nation has currently half the GDP of Germany despite us losing 2 world wars and being cucke dbeyond belief.

You are also 20% muslim you mongol

the rapes are a myth, there is enough documents open for you guys to study

>blah-blah, we were dragged of our own shit out by two superpowers we live good under globalist boot!

> Jewrope
How.

the rapes arent a myth since all the old people have experienced rapes, robberies, thefts, murders, beatings etc. by russians, british and americans.

my grandparents grew up in US occupation zone and they always had to hide their daughters and their food when americans patrolled because the americans would take anything. they also had some alcohol to appease them if they got angry.

and i imagine russians were much much much worse.

>

t. Ching Chiong Uzbekistan Zaitzev Gulaglow

what someone says means nothing, it is the facts that matter

we have a saying in russian: "Lies as a witness"

Read the article "Women of the liberated europe in the eyes of soviet soldiers and officers"

Nice to see despite how everything changes russians remain the same

One grandfather led a behind enemy lines unit around White Sea shores, scouting, blowing up stuff and sniping important persons. This was considered a very tough man's job. After the war he became a politician and our commie traitors kept informing Moscow of his war hero background before visits but it only meant that Russian veterans greeted him with respect.

My other grandfather was an easterner with knowledge of Russian so he was used for the military government when we liberated Petrozavodsk for a few years. According to him he spent most of the war dancing and being popular with local women (he was always popular with women everywhere, too bad I didn't inherit that gene).

Yep. My Sicilian Granma calls americans "pigs".
French women in normandy would agree I guess.
She has a way better opinion of Germans, but she was a fascist.
But I suppose Russians or Ukrainians would not agree with her.

Read "how not to be a subhuman" and then kys

Slavs are truly scum

A hundred dogs can kill a lion

>posts pictures of kraut rats acting like niggers

>calls someone subhuman

makes you think who is who

This is bullshit and you know it. Just, is was not only the Russians as the yanks want us to believe.

but yet, a hundred of kraut rats did not manage to kill the russian bear

Not on the eastern front, but my great grandad fought for the Italians against the British in North Africa. Got taken POW and moved his family to Britain some time after the war.

Punishing you for your crimes is not acting like niggers.

27 Million slavs werent enough

Haha
Wow, Finns really are top shelf at war, huh
Thanks for sharing. :)
I'm still here guys...
Why are Russians trying to derail this thread

My grandfather wasn't at Stalingrad or anything glamorous like that but was at Kursk and a few other key battles before evacuating back to the west via Memel before the siege

Great Grandfather defended East Prussia against the Russian invasion in 1914 as part of the 8th army