Australian visiting the US asked to perform a test before he is let into the country

Australian visiting the US asked to perform a test before he is let into the country

>David Thornton, a software engineer from Sydney, expected to be questioned thoroughly when he arrived in New York — but said his experience was downright weird.

>The 24-year-old studied computer science and law at the University of New South Wales, and is travelling in the US on the way home from studying in Europe.

>“I told him I’m a software engineer. He asked if I knew Python code, and I said yes. It’s a programming language, like C or Java, and it’s pretty standard," Thornton said.

>The follow-up question was something he’d ever been asked before.

>For the next few minutes, he was forced to prove his worth — even given a pen and paper to record his answers.

defend this, Sup Forums tards

We just want to make sure that the people we're letting in from third world countries are worth taking.

What's the problem here exactly, proving that he isn't lying?

If he didn't include comments and proper spacing in his coding there were gonna deport him back to india

the problem is making someone take a test to prove they are competent at their job as a requirement of letting them into the country for a vacation.

Should have asked him if he was a genderqueer musician who enjoyed making music videos with fags shitting on his face.

ausfag stay in ausfagville if you dont like it

sage

They are requiring him to prove he is competent at this job, they are testing him to see if he's lying at all. If he lies about his career there is a good chance he is lying about other things.

How is this an issue?

it would determine if he was untruthful with agents about being a software engineer.

He probably tripped a few of our red flags due to whoever he associated with in Europe.

but we're not the ones blowing up your cities or murdering your fags, all we do sometimes is steal all your women.

he studied in the UK, so he obviously converted to islam

Ease of travel was a mistake.

It makes people think the borders are arbitrary.

Are you afraid of taking a test like you did in school?

Yes its an unorthodox way to prove who you are but its because of you liberals that we've reached this point. You only have yourselves to blame. So suck it up.

>ICE wants to cracks down on Indian immigration
>Asks all programmers to solve FizzBuzz first

It's like pottery

I thought aussies were good at bantz, this is just friendly American banter with the police, they detain you, fuck around with you, waterboard you a bit, just a bit of bantz you fucking poofs

FPBP

Aussie's Bizzare Interview: Python Code

Severly underrated kek

Holy fucking lol. Hypothetically, how would they test mma fighters that decide to visit?

>Show me your passport.
>Get in that cage over there.
>If you can beat Frank, we'll let you in.

Fucking this.
> sabotage immigration vetting for decades and actively fund/encourage reckless immigration
> country says no more, starts vetting immigrants
> WOW. CAN YOU LIKE, NOT? JUST... DON'T. I'M SHAKING.

Establishment newspaper reports that an aussie leftist had to sign a form....fake news.

one would assume that MMA fighters would be more well known that Steve, the local bareknuckle brawler from down the pub.

Every time I go overseas it is always a shock coming home, our customs is the slowest most incompetent and intrusive I have ever experienced. He got asked some questions, he even says he expected to be questioned so clearly he isn't your average traveler.

>australia has been sabotaging immigration vetting and actively funding and encouraging reckless immigration
do you even know what a detention centre is?

>most intrusive
you must look like a troublemaker, when I came back from Japan, nobody gave a fuck except to ask me whether I had been walking in the mud.

Not Australia, liberals in general dumbass

@PooInLoo

At a guess he's a leftist with links to BDS or refugee shit in Europe and they were checking to see if he'd sweat at the border, assuming a chance that his purpose in the US was activism and not a holiday.

Seeing as he immediately turned it into a media issue, I think they were probably right about the activist tendency.

People don't really like admitting people into their country when they know the person looking to get in is only there to stir trouble.

not talking about Australians. Romaniabro was talking about liberals, and I'm gonna take a wild guess and say "Courier Mail" is a liberal media source.

t. 60%

If he converted to Islam, you would have elected him president.

I see nothing wrong with this.

>24-year-old studied computer science and law at the University of New South Wales

im guessing all of his social interactions are "weird"

Man, have you ever worked with Indian coders? They figure things out really fast, but they NEVER comment or indent their code properly. Absolutely impossible to read.

No idea why this guy raised so many flags or if he's even telling the truth, because of the glorious passport I hold everytime I land in LA I just place in the same scanner the locals do, place fingerprint on scanner and walk straight in.

just giving him a friendly hug m8

Yup comp sci student here. This is pretty much spot on.

my sister and her husband went to the us 2 weeks ago. she said it took her about 20 seconds to go through.

We'll I hope they also checked his luggage for emus.

This looks suspiciously like fake news.

No step on snek

AMERICANS ARE WEIRD
this is nothing new

That's racist

Based immigration officer got the poofter to write him a program for free. He's probably putting it on the app store as we speak.

>attending a wedding in vegas
>have a connecting flight through los angeles
>arrive at lax
>get felt up by a fat mexican
>fly to vegas
>attend wedding
>leaving vegas to go back to los angeles
>leaving los angeles to go back to australia
I don't like America.

I think kim jong is an app killer though.

It did sound like he was just awkwardly asking for help with some computer thing and this guy twigged and got paranoid.

And all it does is open your garage door.

this, they asked my wife about sandwiches and shit. its nothing in particular

>are weird
>wants immigrants to prove their work ethic before shitting up the country

>nobody gave a fuck except to ask me whether I had been walking in the mud.

>be me
>be visiting rural England
>walking on footpaths everywhere
>return to U.S.
>filling out customs forms
>recent British hoof & mouth concerns
>HAVE YOU VISITED A FARM
>check yes
>in line at customs
>look down at boots
>dried mud caked all over them
>oh shit
>get to agent
>YOU'VE BEEN ON A FARM?
>yes
>takes my bag and tosses it in xray machine

Include Australia in the travel ban, the United States does not need Australian shitposters.

>Not liking your dick grabbed by healthy weight individuals

You're just a queer m8

come on dude
he was on vacation

The man in front of him was pulled into an interrogation room as a CNN broadcast blared in the background with the latest news about Donald Trump’s travel ban.

“He was asked: ‘Have you ever been denied entry into the United States?’ and he said: ‘Yes’. Everyone’s ears pricked up,”

>He said the officer appeared to be mid to senior level, and there’s no chance the conversation would have been overheard by anyone else in line.

Best post

Probably sneaking in to do some contract work, and conveniently doesn't talk about how many times he's gone to the USA.

after I said I had walked in mud, they asked me if I had any mud still on them, I said no, and walked out of customs.

>I'm an extremely high class gigolo, Officer.

FYI they will only get people to do shit like this if they are acting suspicious or nervous about something.

He was probbaly getting all shifty and avoided eye contact when the border guards asked him a few basic questions like "Why are you entering the country, and how long do you intend to stay."

If you come through saying you are just visiting, and you look like a nervous wreck, they think you are probably going to try and stay in the country or are bringing drugs across.

>all your women
you do realise thats impossible right theres not enough food here bro

step into the boudoir, sir.

>allowing a ''''''software engineer'''''' that cant do a fizzbuzz\bogosort into your country
based burgerland has standards now, drumpf wont allow you in if you're a scrublord at your job.

They're free to do so. No one is obligated to let people into their cunt. Same way we don't take refugees.

>Oh, so you're a computer programmer?
>Yes. I studied law and Computer Science at University of South Wales. I have plenty of experience working with Python, a computer programming language a lot like C, Pasal, HTML and Haskell-
>Alright, kid I get it. Since you're so good with computers, can you show me how to add a Spanish keyboard on my iPhone?
ohmygodnobodyhasaskedmethisbeforewhatthefuckisthis
>Uhh yeah, sure just go into settings and Language.
>Thanks man, you really helped me out

Fucking racism.

can you not make this about women

>No one is obligated to let people into their cunt.

What about Hex? Getting a finger up her has got to be a human right at this point.

>A FARM?

Same reason they didn't let in anti-Trumpers from Canada. "Hi I'm here to protest the outcome of your election and possibly participate in violent unrest." "... No." "Oh my God that's too far"

>“He was asked: ‘Have you ever been denied entry into the United States?’ and he said: ‘Yes’. Everyone’s ears pricked up,” Thornton said.
What did he mean by this?

what is this meme. Its the most obscure meme ever

HOLY SHIT THAT CODE

Just this girl I fingered in a nightclub once.

Another nation being in charge of their own border control is a problem for you? Weird.

Don't visit, I guess.

>They mindlessly copy and paste from stackoverflow really fast.
Fixed that for you

Wouldn't be surprised if this is actually what was happening user

>Bogosort

M8

>I don't like America.

but you love fat mexicans right?

TONIGHT ON BORDER SECURITY

Aussie due to their Irish DNA are famous scroungers and illegal immigrants, going where they please and ignoring immigration law, and taking menial jobs that white people generally wouldn't.

They were right to test him. Australia is far stricter than the US frankly.

There's nothing implicitly wrong with this if you have nothing to hide.

It's weird, but it's to make sure he is who he claims to be.
>Take one minute out of a dudes day to prove he is who he says vs not doing it and having him commit some crime/terrorism
I'd happily take the first option

American waterboard>chinese water treatment

Mandatory IQ tests at the gate. Gotta have 100 to enter.

>because I can't on the spot solve a compsci exam, I will then commit a crime
really nigger?

how will American's re-enter the country?

>Be Australian turbocuck leftie passing through "Drumpf's fascist Amerikkka"
>Act curt and standoffish in customs, hoping to get a good story
>Nothing really doing. You're a software engineer, and they just want to find out if have any knowledge of coding at all
>Exaggerate and stretch the story to make it sound worse and weirder than it was. It's not like government agents are even allowed to comment
>Drumpf BTFO! Tough to fight American Fascism when you're an Australian cuck, but I did my part in the hour I was there

Nothing to see here

American tries to go to Australia
>FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL CUNT REEEEE

Australian tries to go to America
>This is bullshit why can't I just go in unmolested?!

>Slavnigger discussing DNA

Thanks for the keks, mate.

The girl from good game?

i actually used it exclusively as the only sorting algorithm in any of the stuff i rote in the army (was a bet).
shit's terrible senpai im not a software\compsci major but i regularly meet compsci people that cant do a basic monte carlo\generate random numbers with a given distribution.

>Missing the point
It's to prove he is who he says he is and not lying retard.
>Say you're a software engineer
>They ask you to solve something to prove it
>Can't solve it
If this happens it's fucking obvious you lied, and may be lying about other things

This isnt new, airport security has been fucked in the US for a long time. My friend went there on vacation several times and she was borderline harassed by security and forced to sit in a room alone once until her friend drove to come get her.

Yeah, she's a bit of a slut.

SAVAGE

>proving his worth as a programmer by doing Python

jesus christ, Sup Forums will have a panic attack when they read this

fuck off we're full kangaroo fuckers

Got an Indian coder on my team. His code works, but it's a complete mess. I suspect it's a consequence of being raise to read and write Sanskrit.