Donald Trump's Russia dealings may be worse than Watergate, says veteran anchor Dan Rather

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-russia-latest-watergate-links-white-house-deals-michael-flynn-intelligence-election-a7580836.html

>Donald Trump’s dealings with Russia could be a bigger political scandal than Watergate, according to one of America’s most experienced political journalists.

>“Watergate is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime, until maybe now,” former CBS news anchor Dan Rather said, in a post on Facebook. “It was the closest we came to a debilitating Constitutional crisis, until maybe now.”

>His comments come after the White House admitted the President was told several weeks ago that National Security Adviser Michael Flynn had not told the truth about a telephone call with a Russian diplomat—and chose not to fire him immediately. The news has fuelled broader concerns about Mr Trump's closeness to Vladimir Putin and the role Russia may have played in helping him get elected.

>“On a 10 scale of Armageddon for our form of government, I would put Watergate at a 9,” said Mr Rather, who won acclaim for his coverage, as a White House correspondent, of the scandal that led to President Richard Nixon's resignation in 1974. “This Russia scandal is currently somewhere around a 5 or 6, in my opinion, but it is cascading in intensity seemingly by the hour.”

>Mr Flynn handed in his resignation amid mounting controversy over his interaction with Russian officials, and a false assurance he gave that he had not discussed the issue of sanctions.

>Meanwhile, law enforcement and intelligence agencies reportedly found that members of Mr Trump’s campaign and other associates had repeated contact with Russian officials in the run-up to the election.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tFZKgzg8Dq8
youtube.com/watch?v=g_goVNKz9wI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>veteran news anchor

>Dan Rather
Stopped right there.

sage

watergate was literally nothing

it's pizzagate we have to worry about

>dealings with Russia
so the thing with no real proof is worse than X

fuck off retard

Tldr: old man beats himself off to his past journalism and nuts to how bad trump is

Sage'd

Operative word being may. Trump MAY also be the reincarnation of Hitler, but we won't know until the Fourth Reich is formed.

They guy who said this is pretty infamous for making up bullshit so it's not like this really means anything.

sage

The intensity of the propaganda seems to have gone up yet another notch since the Mike Flynn dismissal, thoughts?

Well since Dan Rather said so....

>we won't know until the Fourth Reich is formed.
Let's hurry this up, I'm getting anxious.

media fag says some bullshit

GET OUT OF HERE CTRRRRRRR
REEEEEEEEEEE

>muh le russia

The Bushes, Clintons and Obamas have been wiretapping the country for years.

Nixon got impeached for shit Washington career politicians do nonstop these days.

Dan Rather can swallow a bucket of cocks. He's a propagandist who is owned by Soros and Murdoch, and probably the CIA.

ps hillary sells uranium to russians & saudis & iranians & chinese & israelis for bribes.

>Dan Rather

This is the guy who defended literal fake news about Bush with "it's fake, but accurate".

Fuck him in the neck.

Watergate? Really? Not the White Water scandal, where many witnesses "killed themselves" by shooting themselves in the back of the head or drowning themselves while completely bound? Cool beans, Dan Rather. I'd Rather you go kill yourself in a similar fashion.

"I was important and respected at one time and I have opinions now which are not based on facts that I can provide or evidence that is available. Just trust me ok?"

This is why they lost. This is why they continue losing. Even if he was right (I doubt it but hey, could happen) he is saying the same unsubstantiated nonsense that has been in circulation for the last 8 months.

If they had real, hard evidence of some sort of wrong doing I am more than willing to listen but this sort of "news" is really just another shovel full of dirt onto the casket of "modern" news.

the same Dan Rather that got faking news about George Bush?

>MAY BE
I hate how journalists always use this journalistic loophole to lie.
>POSSIBLY
>COULD BE
>SEEMS LIKE
>LOOKS LIKE
They make false articles and use words like this to make it seem real but if it get's disproven they just say that they weren't saying it.

Pedos protecting pedos.

>dan rather pulls a i dunno maybe out of his ass based on fake news

DRUMPF BTFO
FUCK WHITEY

>“On a 10 scale of Armageddon for our form of government, I would put Watergate at a 9,”
FAKE NEWS with the full court press to regain the power of the narrative.

Too bad Dan, you lived to see your entire industry drown while your paymasters continued to sniff their own assholes.

>Dan Rather

The father of Fake News

>doesn't say about Shillary's wide open server and it's national security risk it posed.
>suddenly has an opinion about Trump and Russia.

Fuck this MSM shill up the ass. Zero respect for this turd in the punch bowl.
washed up talking head is washed up

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Why is this retard still "famous"

National Security of What Country?

Can we meme this at him so he is forced to croak out a defense?

Kek

>veteran anchor Dan Rather

Dan Rather. The guy caught making up more fake news than CNN and MSNBC and FOXNEWS combined.

Into the trash this goes.

Isn't this the same news outlet that's currently accusing Pewdiepie of being a literal nazi? Pretty sure this is fake news

Reminder that is the deep state trying to get trump out.

>Dan Rather
>Having objectivity or journalistic standards
Pick one and ONLY one

FAKE NEWS founder

ruшia oн the phoнe

Have to say that I agree. I've heard that Trump recently bought a large chunk of a Russian oil company. It seems that the Russians do have material on Trump too. And obviously the Russians were intervening in the last election. The only question now is who knew what and what about the contacts that were happening, and also what was the content of the contacts.

I suspect that this is the beginning of the end for Trump. All hail President Pence.

Dan faking a story in full costume and makeup

Cue the helicopters!

ACTION!

>Dan Rather

into the trash

Also, the left never gave a single shit about national security or Russia, until it became a tool for them to attack Trump.

and I may fuck a good looking girl this weekend but we all know it's not gonna happen

>Dan Rather

>Dan rather
youtube.com/watch?v=tFZKgzg8Dq8

Reminder that the Pizzagate-shut-down-shills are funded by Pedostan Muslims

Trump could literally fuck and cum on any one of Sup Forumss daughters mouth and they would still sit there claiming he did nothing wrong bunch of dumbasses

>Dan Rather

Blood in the water, sea full of sharks.

Same as the pre-election, take a story, run "Trump is a baby raping pedophile" across America and claim victory for months on end.

Lose anyway. They are the worst kind of subhuman scum, the kind smart enough to destroy civilization but dumb enough to not know they're being controlled to do it.

>deep state soft coup

I'm convinced they wanted to "give Trump a chance." After countless embarrassments to the country, obvious ties to Russia, and general ineptitude they deemed him a danger to the country, so they're taking actions to neuter him.

The deep state is a safety net put in place to take over when the president is incompetent, or compromised by foreign powers. Checks and balances and all that jazz. I'm actually glad they exist.

Remember, Trump lost the popular vote. Deep state could overthrow him, or legally impeach him, and the majority of Americans would herald the deep sate as saviors of the free America world.

Oh Danny boy who resigned in shame for lying?
who cares what this old fart says
saged

>Watching someone defend the deep state on Sup Forums

Something something isn't real, larping Sup Forumssters, something something, nuclear codes.

Except they aren't and they don't care about the country;
youtube.com/watch?v=g_goVNKz9wI

Dusting off shitcanned Dan Rather as a callback to the days when the mainstream media wasn't openly named as a colluder with the deep state in order to mislead the public.

"Fake news" is really rattling the MSM if they're dragging out this geezer to lend their current shilling campaign a shred of credibility.

> Dan Rather

I have seen this post several times today.

Something something Sup Forums being raided by disinfo

Dan Rather got an award for doing fake news. Not kidding. After his made-up Bush story, Rather got canned. The media got together and gave him an "achievement " award to whitewash what he/they did.

Anchor who got in trouble for being caught saying fake documents were real is trying to act credible and bash on Trump. Yeah.... keep trying libshits.

>veteran anchor intellectuals

So I don't get. Is he going to help us or what?
I thought he's /our guy/. He tweeted about Crimea!

brock suckers are really trying to earn their shekels today

saged faggot

TFW CNN starts conducting necromancy rituals to bring the zombie of Walter Cronkite back to denounce Trump.

"This is the end of Donald Trump's presidency," says increasingly nervous man for 7th time this year.

so how did them talking make voters vote for trump?

When will the bullshit stop?

>obvious ties to Russia

lol dan rather

the media is just banking on americans having short memories and just not remembering dan rather getting caught red handed literally making up documents to attack republicans