Iranian Revolution

What are your guys thoughts on the Iranian Revolution in 1979? I'm doing an essay for School.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret
youtube.com/watch?v=YE8zFus-LOw
wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1975STATE163771_b.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8riyzFyGdVo
youtube.com/watch?v=RjtqhM5mI_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Carter administration called Khomeini a saint and backed for him to gain power because the Shah was becoming more independent near the end of his reign. An OPEC country that prices oil to its own advantage is not good for the petrodollar.

Britain also started spreading propaganda demonizing the Shah bringing attention to his "human rights" violations. Iranians, being retarded and not understanding the complex geopolitics, fell for it and revolted, believing in the Utopian fantasy promised by Khomeini.

So yes, both the USA/UK had involvement in pushing for the Shah to lose power, and I could give leaked documents on that. The UK also manipulated public perception of Khomeini in Iran and this made Iranians support him.

The Anglo-American empire's strength is heavily tied to oil being traded in petrodollars to finance US' widening deficit. For example, check William E. Simon's deal with Saudi Arabia (KSA) in 1974. This is why the USA is allies with Saudi Arabia: bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret

William E. Simon made a deal with KSA to "neutralize crude oil as an economic weapon and find a way to persuade a hostile kingdom to finance America’s widening deficit with its newfound petrodollar wealth... The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending."

The Shah did not agree to this deal, being called a nut, and this began his distancing from being a puppet for the USA. Carter called Khomeini a saint, BBC gave him a large platform to preach his views.

youtube.com/watch?v=YE8zFus-LOw

"2. THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY HAS COMPILED A DISTURBING PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE OF THE SHAH OF IRAN, WHOM THE UNITED STATES IS BUILDING UP TO BE THE GUARDIAN OF ITS INTERESTS IN THE PERSIAN GULF. 3. THIS SECRET STUDY PORTRAYS THE SHAH AS A BRILLIANT BUT DANGEROUS MEGALOMANIAC, WHO IS LIKELY TO PURSUE HIS OWN AIMS IN DISREGARD OF U.S. INTERESTS. 4. ALREADY, HE HAS PUSHED HARDER THAN ANY OTHER OIL POTENTATE FOR STRATOSPHERIC OIL PRICES. YET SECRETARY OF STATE HENRY A. KISSINGER HAS OVERLOOKED THE ECONOMIC DAMAGE THIS UNCLASSIFIED"

wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1975STATE163771_b.html

It is fairly clear from the linked document and several other declassified papers that elements of the US government were actively conspiring against the Shah from the mid 1970s until his fall. The Shah was not afraid to criticise the actions and economic performance of Western nations, particularly the UK.

The Shah kept pushing for oil price hikes at a time of economic weakness in the West, and just after the US domestic oil production peaked. With that revenue he was embarking upon ambitious development programmes, but his megalomania grew with his country; like Trump, he wanted to make his country great again and to win the admiration and respect of the world as in the time of the ancient Persian Empire (interestingly, the current Iranian regime essentially shares the same desires for recognition, despite going to extreme lengths in rhetoric to distance itself from the Shah). Eventually, the US managed to get Saudi Arabia to undercut the official OPEC oil price and therefore undercut the Shah, which spelt disaster for the his grand plans. Revolution came shortly afterwards.

A brief summary of his actions against the West - became ringleader of OPEC and pushed for oil price hikes at a time of economic turmoil in the West, despite the Ford Administration's virtually begging him to stop - bad idea - was irreverent towards the imperial powers who put him on the throne - he allowed his megalomania to blind himself to the reality that he was supposed to be a puppet - another bad idea - issued an implicit threat that he could switch to alternative suppliers for military hardware (i.e. the USSR) - a very big no-no during the Cold War - generally pushing for autonomy, wanted to dominate the Persian Gulf (c.f. IRI regime) to the exclusion of foreign military forces, gradually came to resist meddling in and criticism of

Many people grossly underestimate how critical the petrodollar is to the survival of America as we know it, and by extension much of the global economic system. Its entire economic structure; everything it does is now dependent on it. The main support for the value of the USD is the demand for it created by the petrodollar system, which allows money-printing and deficit-spending on an insane scale, without which the entire US empire would vaporise. The entire system is hopelessly dependent on debt and new debt can be created without acute effects on the value of the currency because most countries are spending huge amounts of it on oil and many other transactions. With that in mind, it's easier and cheaper to spend trillions on wars that flatten problematic strategically-important nations than abandon the system, which would also allow others to take over.

In order to write a true essay, you have to do this:

>explain USA/UK's growing dissatisfaction with the Shah
>explain how the near the end of the Shah's reign, they spread propaganda supporting Khomeini
>discuss how Iranians liked leftism (this is very difficult)

So it was a combination of Western imperialism and Iranian leftism that led to the IRI.

Watch a movie called Persepolis. I used to think that the revolution was a bad thing, and I still do. But that movie showed me that people were getting so degenerate that they desperately needed a boot of some kind on their faces. Just like this country does now. It's just a shame it had to be the shittiest kind of Muslims.

I was in the library once working on an Iranian Revolution project with a group and this qt3.14 Persian girl overheard us talking about Khomeini and came over to talk to us. I should have got the digits, but I was afraid she was Muslim. I didn't realize she wasn't wearing a hijab, so I might have been able to smash. A great regret.

>Watch a movie called Persepolis
You're an anti-intellectual idiot to recommend a fucking cartoons over reading leaked government documents and impartial historical analyses.

Your country has lost all traditional values and communal stability from the Maturist generation. You have significant divorce rates, infidelity, and so forth, and all you can think about is being a promiscuous degenerate.

You don't have to be a religious fanatic to see the problems plaguing this country, but you first must keep your goddamn dick in your pants, burger.

Just present this clip from "Not Without My Daugther"
youtube.com/watch?v=8riyzFyGdVo

Pretty interesting read guys

And I can present a clip of American soldiers engaging in rape and rapine? Funny how many Ancient Empires discouraged rapine, but the USA allowed it in Iraq.

lol chill out, Farhad

One can be chill while pointing out hypocrisies and a general deterioration of cultural values.

Why don't you become a bit more serious and thorough rather than a flippant bastard who feigns intelligence?

Yo, Khosrow. How about you lay off the couscous and have a goddamn Corona, you burqa loving son of a bitch.

This is way more helpful than anything my teacher has taught us.

>Khosrow
Khosrow is a pre-Islamic name. Khosrow I, also known as Anushiruwan the Just, was a very good Sassanian king and also appears in Iran's Zoroastrian epic Shahnameh, which is beloved by many Persians. Picture is from Tehran Courthouse. He did a good job removing the original leftards, the Mazdakites (note, Mazdak the Younger is considered the first leftist).

>Corona
I do not like piss water Coronas. Yuengling is the only mainstream beer I drink.

>Yeungling
>Mainstream
Pick one.
Beers you can only get on the East coast aren't "mainstream." It is a post-meme beer, at best.
I will give it to you that Yeungling is delicious. But that's it, Omid.

OP, also maybe show this clip of The Iron Sheik, the most famous Iranian in history.

youtube.com/watch?v=RjtqhM5mI_U

When in doubt, blame it on the Jews.

Fine, I guess I prefer Busch as a mainstream beer. I don't like Coronas or Budweiser that much.

Imagine the amount of "HAPPENING" threads, if Sup Forums had been around back then