Sup Forums I want to share a thought I had and get feedback

Sup Forums I want to share a thought I had and get feedback.

I was thinking of the story "Flatland", and in it they describe what it would be like to be a two dimensional creature that was visited by a three dimensional creature. The 2D creature would basically see only the part of the 3D creature intersecting the 2D plane. If you moved the 3D creature in space (changed the x,y,z coords), it would appear that the creature were itself moving (morphing), but it wouldn't actually be.

This got me thinking about a tesseract--a 4D cube, and what it would be like if you introduced it into a 3D world. As you moved the 4D object through space, you'd see different cubes -- 3D projections from the 4D object.

So then finally I realized: what if all objects in the reality that we perceive are actually higher dimension than we realize, and that when things appear to morph, they're actually simply moving on a coordinate plane, and it's their 3D projection that makes them appear to move.

Sorry if this is incoherent. Would love to discuss if this is a thing anyone has ever thought of before as it kind of has blown my mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1fNI7GG_nq16sGgdG-AB6EyOMk4NxAaayjG1lQW8cJ-U/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lifting this in hope the topic is of interest to someone

last chance

>tht fill when tho mowds bahn puul powsting

Hey are you the person who were in this thread?I replied to a similar post there.

Nope!

Check out this. He had the same context, and an interesting plot.

Dude just take some cid and watch the demensions shift

Matter is energy. Look at the creation of the universe and see energy turned into physical. Realize that you are casted into the physical plane with language, a form that you cannot speak, the words of the voice that must be follow which shape the entire world as we know it to be. You see, the concept of God is actually infinity, we are only experiencing a small slice of what we could be, so thus we are given language to give this dimension some sort of meaning. Ignorance provides cover for those that would not like to have control over mind, only those that possess the light inside can fully glimpse the truth of what we truly could become. We must enter a base self in order to understand that one exists at all, with the extension of mind and speech, we are able to imagine, and thus give meaning to structures of mind that we create. Do you see the power man could possess if he had a dream worth perceiving, the idea of prayer is to cast intent, give thus statement meaning and the key you will see.

bump

Sorry for being dense but I don't see how this relates.

Did you write that? Cool stuff.

You'll need to clarify what you mean by "morph" before I can comment on that in a meaningful way.

Something to keep in mind is that our perception of the universe is inherently limited by our ability to transduce and comprehend what we are exposed to. For example, although many species may be exposed to the same light being reflected off of the same object those species vary in their ability to meaningfully receive information i.e. different colors or shades of colors. Some animals can see UV light for example while we cannot.

A really interesting theory about psychedelics is that because they change the way the hemispheres of the brain communicate with one another (substantially upregulating hemisphere crosstalk) they may actually be allowing us to make sense of some perception we are being exposed to but are normally unable to derive meaningful information from.

One might speculate as to the source of said sensation and why humans in our limited capacity for perception cannot comprehend it (ex: perhaps it is occurring in a dimension beyond our normal capacity to interact with).

Thank you indeed, docs.google.com/document/d/1fNI7GG_nq16sGgdG-AB6EyOMk4NxAaayjG1lQW8cJ-U/edit?usp=sharing

I use morph to denote the changing of the projection rather than moving the higher dimensional object through a coordinate system.

How the fuck is this political?

This should be /x/, I think.

What will really doodle your noodle is thinking about the number of dimensions needed to make a lot of physics theories work:

>Superstring theory: 10 dimensions posited
>Supergravity theory: 11 dimensions posited
>Bosonic string theory: 26 dimensions posited

In truth, humans are very limited beings. It's humbling and yet exciting all at once. So much out there remains to be discovered.

Nah, definitely more /sci/ (if they knew anything beyond their freshman engineering and physics coursework).

The limits of human sensory perception is a very real field of study and something to be taken seriously if we are to develop comprehensive models of scientific phenomena.

>all objects in the reality that we perceive are actually higher dimension than we realize, and that when things appear to morph, they're actually simply moving on a coordinate plane, and it's their 3D projection that makes them appear to move.

duh, I've known that since 2011 man.

maybe pick up a compass and straightedge and do some basic constructions, it will help you visualize things.